Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
everythingforsale

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:03:35 PM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
It seems that 2% is very low but if we will say that we gathered 30 million dollars, than 2% of that would be a really nice amount, it would be $600000, and if we will have 600 of participants it mean that every guy would take $1000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BraveSaw

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

They are not stupid, bounties allow to spread info about project among target audience. This allows to increase income during ICO period... And 2% of coins is not a very big price for that.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
For the first time I hear such discontent about the campaign bounty. I'm curious, what do you suggest? how do you see the situation differently? If the campaign bounties spend and allocate funds for them - then it's profitable.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:02:32 PM

Depending on your choice of bonus campaign, it may be that in the future bonuses will be one of many campaigns, because we only spend time and effort to earn a living.

bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:02:39 PM

Do you think that 2% for bounty is less? 2% is really much for bounty. Try calculating. If the ICO reaches a maximum of 30000 ETH. They will spend 600ETH on the bounty. That's a big number for ICO advertising. Most pool for bounty is concentrated from 200k usd-500k USD. If the ICO has a higher bounty pool, the risk of scam is huge

jonas5222000

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:08:43 PM

Some of the bounties was turning into scam and not at all or trash ,so you need to take a research about the project that you wanted to join,this is to prevent wasting time by reporting and working on their project,so be strictly and choosy about the project that you wanted to join.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:09:08 PM

Bounty programs are use to reach out and promote the ico project all over the world. Those bounty hunters have a big role on an ico project they are the fast way and cheapest way of spreading the word of an ico projects so dont under estimate bounty hunters and dont say stupid to them. I do bounty huntings too but i see to it that all my post are not shit and spam post and i dont sell my reward tokens from my bounty campaigns because i only choose quality projects over quantity.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:12:54 PM

This is a very risky business, I mean a gift. You have to be careful when joining some ICO. Anyway it's very profitable for developers. You do not have to pay real money and after the success of ICO, most of the prize hunters will sell their tokens and developers can buy them at a discount. After all this is a win-win situation for developers, but not for reward hunters and investors.
thanh2302

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

This is probably a competition between competitors in the same competition to receive as many rewards as possible. But if you do not want to hold a contest to promote your project, you will have to spend a lot of money to promote your project in the old format.
In addition to that, the bounty campaign also gives the project a real community instead of a deserted sky
TharuMax

Activity: 241

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 01:20:13 PM

New ICO projects do bounties because of free marketing purposes. Usually less than or equal to 2% of sold tokens allocate to the bounty campaigns. I also engage with bounty campaigns and earn some money without any risk if they are not scam projects.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:24:30 PM

it's part of the advertising to market the project, because it's always been there before, so it's perfectly legitimate to me, and that's only 1 or 2% is given, so it does not really matter for the token price or the project coin, and if problematic at least a few days when coins / tokens are awarded to the bounty hunters
Ledy Alise

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:39:53 PM

12% is the average figure for any advertising campaign conducted in the 21st century, and this is even less then in 20th century, when advertising companies threw 30% of all profits. So 2% allocated in to campaign is very small investment in to advertisement, I think.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 01:40:30 PM

Your problem exists long time ago because almost all ICO’s host bounty campaigns to attract investors becaiuse of it’s cheap price for advertising their program or project. Bounty hunters are not the actual problem but it’s the ICO choice to handle some campaign for their promotion. Bounty hunters are big help to promote the bounty project and these people are dedicated to their work and they deserve that 2% that you are trying to take away from them.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

12% is the average figure for any advertising campaign conducted in the 21st century, and this is even less then in 20th century, when advertising companies threw 30% of all profits. So 2% allocated in to campaign is very small investment in to advertisement, I think.
If these 2% will give the same effect as the 12% of the advertising campaign, as you indicated. I think the effectiveness of these types of promotion is different. Bounty is chosen because of lack of funds for advertising campaign.

Sniper76

Activity: 486

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

Nobody prevents developers from paying bonuses to members of the bounty campaigns in the ETH or BTC. But after paying their rewards with their tokens, they do not spend anything out of their own pocket, for them tokens are worthless.

LankaJay

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:10:16 PM

I don't think that the bounties are stupid. Hunters are trying to sell their received tokens with the current market condition and other reason is they are not sure about the project. They may think that they will lose everything if the project is dead.
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 04:06:55 AM

In my own opinion, bounties are actually a great way to help the company to spread their exposure in different kinds of media.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:15:36 AM

You made a valid point. Bounty campaigns for me are like the "word of mouth" type of advertising. Not only the cheapest but it is an effective form of promoting products of projects. If not bounty, what is the better option for you?
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:16:38 AM

It seems that you hate bounty specially signature campaigns but you are wearing a signature so how will you define your hate for that? Bounty campaigns still exist until this day because it was proven to help the ICOs in which they are not oblige to give the rewards if the ICO is not success but if they will just rely on FB and other advertising companies then win or loss of course they will oblige to pay first before the services.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:19:15 AM

I also find it ironic that someone saying bounty campaigns are stupid is also wearing a signature. I hope that the poster is not participating in a signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: