Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
crypt_farid

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:11:14 PM

dont be too quick to judge. for some of us it is more profitable that a regular job to feed our families

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:25:37 PM

I can't understand what the problem is? 2 percent on a bounty company is pretty normal for a project that wants to make itself almost free advertising. Not everyone sells as soon as they have the opportunity to sell.

VPScreator

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:28:04 PM

I agree that the quality of posts in most cases is very low. I consider the bounty of the company and the allocation of funds for them to be normal, since it is really cheap, but at the same time acting advertising.

easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 10:15:22 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 02:49:16 PM by easemypain

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I won't stand for or against this statement "bounties are stupid", because the essence of organizing bounty during an initial coin offering (ICO) is to market the offering to investors and audiences in exchange for incentives these task are usually carried out by "bounty hunter" generally paid in the form of tokens that can later be redeemed into fiat currencies after the token is listed on a cryptocurrency exchange. Bounty hunters contribute greatly to success of any ICO, acting as a social media influencers on popular platforms such as YouTube and Twitter.
However, the essence of organizing bounty is being breached because, after the end of an ICO, distribution token and token get listed on exchange. This is now the time for bounty hunters to dump the tokens earned from the campaign. This can negatively affect the project by making the process of ROI very slow. But I know of a project who eliminate the idea of employing bounty hunter to promote their ICO that project name is Linkchain.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:28:13 PM

No I do not agree that bounties are stupid , if you do not like the post of others ,just do not mind them ,make your post the best , we are not here striking our fellow members ,they are also trying their best to accomplish what the bounty has required, if you have the best posts then thats good ,if others have a little bit low posts then respect it ,all we do is help as much possible to promote cryptos.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:31:27 PM

if you don't do bounty you may take a longer time to be listed in even in google bounty help projects to cover marketing expenses in a very hard competitive space good luck with your project
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:43:44 PM

Anything on this planet can be stupid. This depends on how a person perceives things around him. I can say a rock can be useless because it sits all day and does nothing. Until one day someone uses it to build something and so it gains value and becomes useful. Bounties offers the opportunity to earn rewards in exchange for our labor. Now the result can go either way, good or bad regardless how the project team does its operation. Taking risks is key here and it takes balls to do that.

GymClassHeroes

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:47:05 PM

Well it is OK to see if that why if you have another way of promoting your project and getting investors to buy your tokens, there are other options anyway such as private sales to high net worth individuals or institutions .otherwise, bounties have some good benefits as it brings exposure to projects
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:51:59 PM

Bounties exists because this forum exists.
Most of the project start on this forum way back July 2011, if I'm not mistaken. This website is a community of bitcoin users, clearly said that not only bounty hunter but also investors, project creators, dreamers and many more. So expect that this one is still existed for such a long time.

Visit this link to know more ( https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinTalk )
That's true, because the popular altcoin is after the ETH was made in 2015 and the ETH is one of the most successful ICO projects to date, it is not surprising that now many ICO projects are emerging and using many members in this forum to provide positive promotions against investors.
kmntrci

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:52:42 PM

At first it may seem that 2 percent of the entire ICO pool is nothing at all, but in fact it is about tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars that all bounty hunters can earn.
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:54:55 PM

The point of the team distributing the bounties is because they want liquidity on the coin itself. Another thing to consider is that bounty participants spread the word about the coin itself. I know your point that they always sell right away what they had just got but it's also a great opportunity for buyers since most bounty hunters sell off their coins in very low.

apirmalakas

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:33:08 AM

I agree with you mate. I think most bounties nowadays are really looking for cheap but quality work which is not very fair also for the bounty participants as well. Also, they really need to deliver on their promises so that everybody is happy with their work.
Kjooocheka

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:40:49 AM

With as many ICO as you can still make your self known? Bounty is a very good way to attract investors. There are companies that do not immediately give out tokens earned on the bounty. This is a very good solution to the problem of the fact that immediately merge the course.
AgonAvon

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:26:15 AM

Bounty is not stupid, and the bounty mission is a way for investors who invest in ICO to promote their projects.
RemBlanc

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:46:23 PM

In my opinion, bounties are not really stupid since, it is one of the things that a starter in cryptocurrency can do to make money or to have a starting money. And it is a way of ICO for promoting the projects they have. At the same time, many benefits from it so I dont really think of bounties are stupid.
Sone11

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:56:22 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

Well this is the cheapest way they can take so why not if the community will have a domino effect when it comes to advertising and as they say word of mouth is still the best form of marketing. They can just allocate more on the effective areas like media and content. But yes it really depends on the project itself.
pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:58:43 PM

Yes, you are right and do you know why the situation is so bad with ICOs and bounties? Because people are greedy and they do everything to get as much as possible from ICOs and bounties...
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:02:20 PM

Bounties are the cheapest way to advertise a coin. It's not fair to blame everything on the bounties when the ICO fails. Also  the price of the coin does not depend on bounty hunters selling their coin.  In the long run, a coin price will depend on it's demand. If you don't want to be part of bounties, its as simple as not being part of it.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Hct2005

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:03:37 PM

Seems that you underestimate the power of bounty hunters as a promoters of ICOs bud. Project can't never be known to many people without those bounty hunters so it would be appropriate that we should allocate something for them as a reward for their hard work. Honestly, would be investors won't look or read the post of the people or bounty hunters here, they just look at the signature and then research for themselves if that is a good project or not.
TheDarkRide

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:22:22 PM

Seems that you underestimate the power of bounty hunters as a promoters of ICOs bud. Project can't never be known to many people without those bounty hunters so it would be appropriate that we should allocate something for them as a reward for their hard work. Honestly, would be investors won't look or read the post of the people or bounty hunters here, they just look at the signature and then research for themselves if that is a good project or not.

True, the hunters indeed help to make the projects more visible to public. It is for sure give a good impact to the development of a project. Without them, a project will meet a hard way to promote the idea.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: