Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:59:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849676 times)
8bitcoder (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:39:11 PM

It also isn't clear to me how a node calculates the best chain. If it is cumulative difficulty, without any normalisation, then what is to stop someone reversing a sequence of low difficulty blocks (e.g. Scrypt or Qubit ones, currently) by means of a single high difficulty block (SHA256D, currently)?
The SHA difficulty is independent from the other algos, so a high difficulty SHA block will not overwrite a low difficulty Scrypt block for example.

Just in the last hour or so I've seen a chain of five non-SHA256D blocks (112715-112719) erased by a single SHA256D block (112715):

[code edited out]

How should this happen if they are truly independent?

anyone want to give this a technical explanation.. maybe a simple explanation too Smiley

Dev is only one that can atm

This is general block reorg (also known as a chain of orphans) it happens with a block time of 30 seconds. hell even with the 10 min block time of bitcoin it happens. In myriadcoin every algo has equal standing as each has an equal score. You can see in many POS/POW coins. POS orphans POW as POS has a higher score than its POW counterpart.

Ahmed

exactly! the coin is broken because a single SHA block can force a reorganization and orphan many blocks from other algos. This allows for easy double spending with minimal hashrate. Just mine SHA from the last SHA block ignoring blocks from other algos. When you mine your new SHA block, all the others will be orphaned. If there are enough to confirm a transaction (which is very likely), you can double spend.
But it can be fixed using normalization. Scrypt is about 1024 times SHA. You'd have to calculate the relative weight for other algos.

dev: you can contact me if you need help fixing this, I have experience with alt PoWs - I'm the developer of Riecoin (new primes PoW - currently cpu only)

Someone mentioned a bounty for a technical study on 51% attacks. Is that real? where can I learn about this bounty? what do you need exactly?
Besides fixing this "high diff algo reorganization attack", I have some ideas for preventing 51% attacks on a coin like this.

regards,
gatra

Thanks for your offer. PM sent. There is a 15,500 MYR bounty for analysis. I can also put up another 15K MYR for your assistance.
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:36:13 PM

It also isn't clear to me how a node calculates the best chain. If it is cumulative difficulty, without any normalisation, then what is to stop someone reversing a sequence of low difficulty blocks (e.g. Scrypt or Qubit ones, currently) by means of a single high difficulty block (SHA256D, currently)?
The SHA difficulty is independent from the other algos, so a high difficulty SHA block will not overwrite a low difficulty Scrypt block for example.

Just in the last hour or so I've seen a chain of five non-SHA256D blocks (112715-112719) erased by a single SHA256D block (112715):

[code edited out]

anyone want to give this a technical explanation.. maybe a simple explanation too Smiley

This is general block reorg (also known as a chain of orphans) it happens with a block time of 30 seconds. hell even with the 10 min block time of bitcoin it happens. In myriadcoin every algo has equal standing as each has an equal score. You can see in many POS/POW coins. POS orphans POW as POS has a higher score than its POW counterpart.

Ahmed

exactly! the coin is broken because a single SHA block can force a reorganization and orphan many blocks from other algos. This allows for easy double spending with minimal hashrate. Just mine SHA from the last SHA block ignoring blocks from other algos. When you mine your new SHA block, all the others will be orphaned. If there are enough to confirm a transaction (which is very likely), you can double spend.
But it can be fixed using normalization. Scrypt is about 1024 times SHA. You'd have to calculate the relative weight for other algos.

dev: you can contact me if you need help fixing this, I have experience with alt PoWs - I'm the developer of Riecoin (new primes PoW - currently cpu only)

Someone mentioned a bounty for a technical study on 51% attacks. Is that real? where can I learn about this bounty? what do you need exactly?
Besides fixing this "high diff algo reorganization attack", I have some ideas for preventing 51% attacks on a coin like this.

regards,
gatra

Thanks for your offer. PM sent. There is a 15,500 MYR bounty for analysis. I can also put up another 15K MYR for your assistance.

an idea to prevent panic:
there's an easy workaround (until a new client is released): when waiting for confirmations, wait for X blocks with SHA (the one with highest difficulty by far) instead of just waiting for X blocks.
So if you currently wait for 6 blocks, wait instead for 30 blocks and you should be safe ( 6 blocks  * 5 algos = 30 blocks ). This would give you the same expected security in average.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:45:18 PM

[code edited out]

Ahmed

regards,
gatra

there's an easy workaround (until a new client is released): when waiting for confirmations, wait for X blocks with SHA (the one with highest difficulty by far) instead of just waiting for X blocks.
So if you currently wait for 6 blocks, wait instead for 30 blocks and you should be safe ( 6 blocks  * 5 algos = 30 blocks ). This would give you the same expected security in average.

Gatra:  It would be ecstatic to see RieCoin incorporated into MyriadCoin.  We would get to those large primes quicker....

What do you think?

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:47:57 PM

How is this thread not more active with the trading that's going on with the coin lately?Smiley

292btc 24h volume on mintpal!
smokefirexx

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

How is this thread not more active with the trading that's going on with the coin lately?Smiley

No idea man.. probably everyone is just watching the price :p

and yeah 292btc volume in just a few days !
MoneySpasm

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:15:27 PM

No idea man.. probably everyone is just watching the price :p

and yeah 292btc volume in just a few days !

I'm less interested in the price and more interested in the increase in mining difficulty.

This coin was designed to solve the issue of distribution of mining for all and the price is helping drive that into action.  Powerful network effect coming into play.
linked67

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:40:14 PM

My P2pool should be OK now. Around 50Mh/s on it and estimated 3h to find a block.

You are all welcome on my powerful server Smiley

http://p2poolcoin.com:5567/static/

What algorithm?

Qubit, it's a qubit p2pool, the first !

I have some spike above 150Mh/s now. Join the pool, no need to register, just put your wallet address as username (-u wallet) and what you want in password (-p x).

P2Pool EU:http://p2poolcoin.com 1 % fees - Server dedicated Xeon, 32 Go Ram, Ssd, 1 Gbps - DarkCoin - HiroCoin - ExeCoin - GpuCoin - MyriadCoin Qubit - Muniti - RotoCoin - VertCoin - etc
Free Middlecoin Stats for Iphone on Apple Store:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/middlecoin/id795238640?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

I'm less interested in the price and more interested in the increase in mining difficulty.

This coin was designed to solve the issue of distribution of mining for all and the price is helping drive that into action.  Powerful network effect coming into play.

What is the expected daily mining rate going to be? Because at this rate the amount of new coins coming into the market is a lot.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:06:47 PM

What is the expected daily mining rate going to be? Because at this rate the amount of new coins coming into the market is a lot.

The beautiful thing is that even if it is high, it's going into the hands of 5 different types of miners who may decide to do different things with the coin and bring them to different exchanges. Different demographics, which is another beautiful thing.

But right now there is plenty of buy support for the coin.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:11:46 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 09:24:04 PM by neuroMode

Check these out! From @Crypto_Mike on Twitter

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

[code edited out]

Ahmed

regards,
gatra

1 thing is confusing me though. how can a person ignore blocks? ur forgetting that theres over 30 TH on the myriad network. it would take some real sha256 power to do any kind of attacks even on the sha algorithm

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
vetalysd

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:23:35 PM

VOTE FOR MYRIAD
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:24:58 PM

https://myrgrs.suprnova.cc

and

https://myrskein.suprnova.cc

I've also patched Stratum against the diff-Attacks, No fake shares are counted.

Our Groestl Pool would need some power...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:47:13 PM

https://myrgrs.suprnova.cc

and

https://myrskein.suprnova.cc

I've also patched Stratum against the diff-Attacks, No fake shares are counted.

Our Groestl Pool would need some power...

I'll lend you some 150 MH gro power. If Mike doesn't mind me helping other pools too Smiley

nope
linked67

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:26:59 PM

I have release the p2pool source code to setup a Myriadcoin qubit node on github:

https://github.com/linked67/p2pool-myrq

Let's start the revolution and make as many nodes as you wish, it's good for the network Smiley
Donations (myr) are welcome: MUHNPJvXCjCnQPeDFX2FnzWNN8C5tw9wak

PS: Don't forget to set the qubit algo in myriadcoin.conf

P2Pool EU:http://p2poolcoin.com 1 % fees - Server dedicated Xeon, 32 Go Ram, Ssd, 1 Gbps - DarkCoin - HiroCoin - ExeCoin - GpuCoin - MyriadCoin Qubit - Muniti - RotoCoin - VertCoin - etc
Free Middlecoin Stats for Iphone on Apple Store:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/middlecoin/id795238640?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
foodies123

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:38:26 PM

I have release the p2pool source code to setup a Myriadcoin qubit node on github:

https://github.com/linked67/p2pool-myrq

Let's start the revolution and make as many nodes as you wish, it's good for the network Smiley
Donations (myr) are welcome: MUHNPJvXCjCnQPeDFX2FnzWNN8C5tw9wak

PS: Don't forget to set the qubit algo in myriadcoin.conf

+2000 myr tip for you kind sir.

nope
linked67

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:41:58 PM

Thanks a lot Smiley

I hope we will see a lot of nodes soon.

iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:59:17 PM

VOTE FOR MYRIAD
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy

voted

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
foodies123

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:59:38 PM

Thanks a lot Smiley

I hope we will see a lot of nodes soon.

yeah me too. IMHO we need a skein node asap.

nope
zwiggelbig

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:22:34 PM

sold all my black coin and went into myriad..
I think we will be at 2k very soon..

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: