Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:26:13 AM

Very awesome interactive list of Myriad bounties for anyone to complete:

http://just-wegi.de/myriadbounty/

Donate to the ones you want to see accomplished the fastest!

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:22:12 AM

Just a nice little FYI for you guys with Androids:

There is a beautiful Mintpal price checker for MYR, so if you are obsessed with the price just download this app Bitcoin Checker by Mobnetic: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobnetic.coinguardian

Go select the Mintpal exchange when you add a new coin in the app then find MYR on the list. If the list does not have MYR you need to click the little exclamation mark with a circle around it next to the market pair option to fetch the new currencies.

yeah! i found that this morning with the latest update .. was waiting forever!! now just need the Litecoin Widget to include MYR

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
strideknight

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:02:19 AM

So, in essence, X11 would maintain the green and orange algos, that exist in myriad today and add the blue algos, that would be new to myriad.

The idea is never lower the complexity and diversity of algos used, because that's what provides for diversity in mining options Smiley
To that end, qubit could remain, as its combination is still simply minable with modern CPUs in a decent hashrate, even though all the algos are in X11 anyway

My point is that myriad would become simpler to the crypto community to understand and thus widely explored and mined.

The wide adoption X11 is getting will make less and less profitable to mine coins that use only one or several of the algos, and to some extend there's the risk of most myriad becoming mined only through SHA and Scrypt, with ASICS on both cases centralizing the hash power

A move to X11 now would simplify things and allow for further development without loosing any algo and keep the number of alternatives manageable (4/5 algos)

Simplify what?  Moving to X11 doesn't do anything.  The point isn't to incorporate every algorithm, but to have functionality and a role for each of the algorithms.  Moving to X11 might mean more algorithms are used, but it does literally nothing to improve the blockchain, attract different miners, or add functionality to the coin.

"The wide adoption X11 is getting will make less and less profitable to mine coins that use only one or several of the algos, and to some extend there's the risk of most myriad becoming mined only through SHA and Scrypt, with ASICS on both cases centralizing the hash power" - I just don't know what to say to this.  Are you just emotionally attached to X11?  It seems you think adding X11 is somehow going to attract miners, because people are going stop mining qubit/groestl/skein as x11 spreads!?!?  If we have those three algorithms, people will mine those three algorithms.  Miners don't care about pressing return on an x11 cgminer instance vs a skein cgminer instance.

Please don't take this as a flame, I just genuinely don't see any reason to do what your saying exception emotional love of X11.
neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

So, in essence, X11 would maintain the green and orange algos, that exist in myriad today and add the blue algos, that would be new to myriad.

The idea is never lower the complexity and diversity of algos used, because that's what provides for diversity in mining options Smiley
To that end, qubit could remain, as its combination is still simply minable with modern CPUs in a decent hashrate, even though all the algos are in X11 anyway

My point is that myriad would become simpler to the crypto community to understand and thus widely explored and mined.

The wide adoption X11 is getting will make less and less profitable to mine coins that use only one or several of the algos, and to some extend there's the risk of most myriad becoming mined only through SHA and Scrypt, with ASICS on both cases centralizing the hash power

A move to X11 now would simplify things and allow for further development without loosing any algo and keep the number of alternatives manageable (4/5 algos)

Simplify what?  Moving to X11 doesn't do anything.  The point isn't to incorporate every algorithm, but to have functionality and a role for each of the algorithms.  Moving to X11 might mean more algorithms are used, but it does literally nothing to improve the blockchain, attract different miners, or add functionality to the coin.

"The wide adoption X11 is getting will make less and less profitable to mine coins that use only one or several of the algos, and to some extend there's the risk of most myriad becoming mined only through SHA and Scrypt, with ASICS on both cases centralizing the hash power" - I just don't know what to say to this.  Are you just emotionally attached to X11?  It seems you think adding X11 is somehow going to attract miners, because people are going stop mining qubit/groestl/skein as x11 spreads!?!?  If we have those three algorithms, people will mine those three algorithms.  Miners don't care about pressing return on an x11 cgminer instance vs a skein cgminer instance.

Please don't take this as a flame, I just genuinely don't see any reason to do what your saying exception emotional love of X11.

I tend to agree with this statement.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:13:36 AM

Exchangecoin, a new Myriad clone?

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9717-15052014-start-mining-exchangecoin-scrypt-sha-256-and-momentum/

gpuminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:20:14 AM

This coin already out for 2 months and you guys still talking about mining ? No wonder nobody wants to buy this coin. Its all about mining , the value of the coin doesn't matter, its all about innovation , not price , isn't it ? 1 myr = 1 myr. Extremely low trading volume on exchange after 2 months, good job.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:25:30 AM

This coin already out for 2 months and you guys still talking about mining ? No wonder nobody wants to buy this coin. Its all about mining , the value of the coin doesn't matter, its all about innovation , not price , isn't it ? 1 myr = 1 myr. Extremely low trading volume on exchange after 2 months, good job.

Are you upset people are working on this coin the right way instead of hyping it every day?

neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:55:10 AM

Friendly reminder:

1) Coinshipit.com accepts Myriadcoin - purchase nearly anything online and have it shipped to you!
2) Altoutlet.com accepts Myriadcoin.

Happy shopping!

gpuminer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:34:19 AM

Are you upset people are working on this coin the right way instead of hyping it every day?

if the right way of doing things is to neglect marketing and concentrate solely on development is very upsetting for investor. Imo, both should be balance and done equally. Most of the post here talks about tech. I don't see marketing as active as tech talk. It feels like this coin is for tech private play ground. If marketing is done as equally as tech development , there should be at least some constant trading volume (be it up or down) on a constant basis. Right now this coin looks like its dead on exchange and it has been happening for quite sometime. If this continue , I am afraid we might see flat line on the exchange. If that happens , many investor will be upset indeed.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

if the right way of doing things is to neglect marketing and concentrate solely on development is very upsetting for investor. Imo, both should be balance and done equally. Most of the post here talks about tech. I don't see marketing as active as tech talk. It feels like this coin is for tech private play ground. If marketing is done as equally as tech development , there should be at least some constant trading volume (be it up or down) on a constant basis. Right now this coin looks like its dead on exchange and it has been happening for quite sometime. If this continue , I am afraid we might see flat line on the exchange. If that happens , many investor will be upset indeed.

Just don't sell now. Our marketing guy is building our website from scratch
 There are other tech develops that will be marketed soon that will attract many people. We will both be marketing these but we dont want to hype too early so that the hype dies when the tech is released. But its a balance like you said. Perhaps we will make a Monday announcement Smiley

spankyminer

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:22:01 AM

We will both be marketing these but we dont want to hype too early so that the hype dies when the tech is released. But its a balance like you said.

Yes please, dont let you be influenced by "investors" like him...
I, for one, welcome the low hype and more time to mine a bigger stakes  Grin
gpuminer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:23:31 AM

Just don't sell now. Our marketing guy is building our website from scratch
 There are other tech develops that will be marketed soon that will attract many people. We will both be marketing these but we dont want to hype too early so that the hype dies when the tech is released. But its a balance like you said. Perhaps we will make a Monday announcement Smiley

I am not selling any coins at this price. What I am saying is there should be constant "news" that attract investor from time to time to keep the coin alive because its harder to bring back a coin that is dead.

gpuminer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:26:16 AM

We will both be marketing these but we dont want to hype too early so that the hype dies when the tech is released. But its a balance like you said.

Yes please, dont let you be influenced by "investors" like him...
I, for one, welcome the low hype and more time to mine a bigger stakes  Grin

there u go. This coin becomes all about tech and mining. I thought this is a coin for everyone. Investor, miner , trader , ect are different group of people interested in this coin. Right now , only miner are happy. Although there is a saying u can't keep everyone happy.

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:48:53 AM

0% fee - SHA 256 D + SCRYPT - nothing less!

Pools running stable and payouts are every 2 minutes.

New:
http://myr-scrypt.poolerino.com NEW
and
http://myr-sha256.poolerino.com

for our complete list of supported coins, visit poolerino.com
gpuminer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:07:11 PM

if the price fell to 300s , i will move some fund to support the price and cross my fingers. But i doubt it will fall to that price unless some miner wanted to cash out to pay bills. I think there are more supply than demand right now. A lot of miner kept big bags of coins. They never place any sell order on exchange (i was one of them but i dump all my mine coin @ 1500. I will use the BTC earned to support price @ 300s). Hopefully demand will overtake supply once there is decent marketing effort going on. The longer the marketing take, the bigger supply and demand gap because about 2,880,000 million coins are minted everyday and halving is about 10 months away. Therefore, i believe marketing is getting more importance as days goes by and supply keep increasing and demand keep dropping if not much is done for marketing. Its not so much about hype right now, if supply get dangerously high and demand get dangerously low, price will drop like a stone once miner cash out.

candl

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:50:26 PM

The low price is a calm before the storm. Buy while it's cheap ;-).
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:56:09 PM

Specially if volume starts decreasing when dropping...I'm just holding mine for now though.
mami

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:44:05 PM

there u go. This coin becomes all about tech and mining. I thought this is a coin for everyone. Investor, miner , trader , ect are different group of people interested in this coin. Right now , only miner are happy. Although there is a saying u can't keep everyone happy.

Pop quiz:  What type of phenomenon are cryptocurrencies?

A. Technological Innovation
B. Marketing/Advertising Invention

No coin is for "everyone", maybe .001% of the world population even knows what bitcoin is.

The larger mission of cryptos is to remove friction from global commerce and break the debt stranglehold of global banksters. Myriad has added to this vision by democratizing the mining process to include as many people as possible - OF COURSE it is a favorite of intelligent miners!
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:49:48 PM

All proceeds from the dice games will currently go towards Myriadcoin development. Play for a good cause!

Addresses, rules, results and proof can be viewed here:

http://cryptap.us/myr/dice/

Since this is currently for charity, the 500 MYR bounty for flaws is rescinded. If you do find a flaw I will gladly refund any lost coins, PM me.

Feedback is welcome.

There is a new game on the dice page, a coinbomb game (also known as "hot potato"). Please let me know if there are any issues.

From this week's donated dice and coinbomb game proceeds:

3870.52730000 MYR donated to the Dev account ( MWShVDmRxWagXcrKHbBSDb2q7EsXxjApA4 ) , txid: f24a42efc482fcc72577ecdc37ccf427ba1e8ec1ab1c3a250e60a9e34b721379

Going forward, 90% of the proceeds will be donated to the Dev account, 10% will be retained to fund hosting and development.

Keep playing, remember that 90% of proceeds go to MYR development.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
neuroMode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:59:51 PM

Investors will have nothing to worry about.

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: