Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I bought bitcoin at $20k last year  (Read 5443 times)
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:14:02 PM

Frankly I would afraid to buy Bitcoin or any altcoin in that moment, value was really high and was growing very fast. Friends around me were super excited, talking about crypto currency even bigger growth but I was kinda stunned by current situation. I didn't expect this kind of down price but, since I didn't know what we can expect, I decided to wait and just observe.
What can I say... Bad move. Nobody could tell what will happen but you made a decision and that's it. Regretting will not give you any good, what happened, happened. Try not to make same mistake in the future.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Romeoetin (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

I got into the bitcoin again last year after losing all my 4.5 bitcoins to ponzi schemes early last year. I bought in bitcoin again at $20k. Now bitcoin is $6k+.  I'm regretting my actions.  Huh

Sorry for your loss, but clearly there were plenty of warnings that it was a super-inflated bubble......
I failed to see the signs. FOMO held me. Now I deeply regret. But I'll live. Thanks for comment.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 10:38:48 PM

Right. The bitcoin price hit $ 20,000 last year. I hope it will repeat this year. Bitcoin is showing signs of recovery. Everyone should buy and store bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Romeoetin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

I got into the bitcoin again last year after losing all my 4.5 bitcoins to ponzi schemes early last year. I bought in bitcoin again at $20k. Now bitcoin is $6k+.  I'm regretting my actions.  Huh

You should be more careful with what you do your money and also make your due diligence first before taking action.

I feel sorry for you. I hope you got a lesson.

I was so excited. Failed to listen to warnings but it's all good now. I'm recovering from my losses gradually.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:40:17 PM

So bad you have lost huge amount of money to crypto. It is not easy to lose such amount of money, you shall surely recover in due time, just hold on tight to your earnings.
Romeoetin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

Right. The bitcoin price hit $ 20,000 last year. I hope it will repeat this year. Bitcoin is showing signs of recovery. Everyone should buy and store bitcoin.
I sold off to buy DGTX. Hoping to buy back by September. I hope I will not be too late. And that DGTX does well
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:41:00 PM

You should being careful on your action and understand the risk ahead when investing. Why buy at all time high price? Price is unpredictable the moment that you have bought you know the risks that might earn or lose profit. So the choice for now is wait until such price can recover.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:41:56 PM

I got into the bitcoin again last year after losing all my 4.5 bitcoins to ponzi schemes early last year. I bought in bitcoin again at $20k. Now bitcoin is $6k+.  I'm regretting my actions.  Huh
You had been doing it wrong. Dont buy bitcoin when bullrun is happening. If you have money now, the best thing is to buy bitcoin because you will recover your loss in a couple of months. To that end, I am still holding my bitcoin for preparation of the next big pump.
Romeoetin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:42:39 PM

Many people who bought bitcoins at a high cost now panic and sell, not thinking that the price can grow.
I doubt it if bitcoin can ever grow again to the $19000 mark. But we are all still hopeful. Maybe it will. Maybe it wouldn't.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:44:52 PM

Hmmn... I do understand the bad investment timing you got into. The best bet for you now is to hodl and stay off the cryptocurrency markets for now. You can come back to take profit when the the bitcoin deeps below the 20,000$ you bought.
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:56:23 PM

Repentance will not help and do not cry over spilled milk as they say ..
Take care to learn to trade well
The media is full of experts
And wait until prices rise ..

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

do not worry! if you consider investing in bitcoin for a long time, then in any case, the price of bitcoin in a few years will be very expensive! the price of bitcoin already within a year - can rise to a minimum of 40,000 dollars!

Agree, you must forget about Bitcoin next 6-18 month. It will rise again. And I hope you've learned the lesson. Sometimes better to sell and lose ~2000$ if u see its going down not wait for your deposit to be depreciated. Worst thing in this situation is that you can't trade, you just watching.
renz0

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

It is really regretful with the current situation in the market price today. Though you're not in the losing end yet since you haven't sold your bitcoin still it needs a lot of patience and perseverance to wait until it bounces back then may breakeven or surpass the price where you have started buying it. Better look on the positive side because it is very possible to win back that depreciation.
Props123

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:10:46 AM

It's so pathetic you've had a hard luck in the crypto space. I assume that you didn't make enough research or read up about the core value and use of Bitcoin. You were misinformed that was why you fell for ponzis and also bought high. But I should believe that these experiences would make you a better cryptozen if you look on the positive side. The market is poor right now. If you have more patience you would meet the bulls and be happy for your investment.
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:15:52 AM

Real nice business choice,  just hold on to your btc and be hopeful, because you are going to smile pretty soon

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:47:03 AM

it looks like you have a lot of losses, and I think you need to hold it for a long time until it reaches the price of 20k.
eiijee160613

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:36:37 AM

I got into the bitcoin again last year after losing all my 4.5 bitcoins to ponzi schemes early last year. I bought in bitcoin again at $20k. Now bitcoin is $6k+.  I'm regretting my actions.  Huh
Sad to here that, actually it's not yet counted as losses, anything you have is still there. you only got losses once you have sell it at current price, Make a proper research next time before engaging ourselves to this kind of industry  Wink
primejia

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:49:05 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 09:48:28 AM by primejia

do not be surprised by the business world, because all are full of risks if you make a sale and purchase you must be prepared with profit and loss, so what you do is one of the risks, but do not quickly despair because it may be the price decline that occurs now is the beginning from the resurgence of the cryptocurrency currency, so be patient and don't retreat we must be able to take lessons from this problem.
preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:10:17 AM

it seems like it's the biggest mistake for the tone when buying bitcoin at a high price. keep patient and you must be prepared to make that investment in the long run because that is the only thing that will return your money as before

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 03:21:30 AM

No investment asset will give you 2x returns in 8 months. You need to remain patient. If you think that you are not capable of doing that, then you are always welcome to sell your coins at the current market price and shift to some other asset sch as treasury bonds or mutual funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: