Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:47:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365540 times)
MaxGen

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:28:44 PM

Anyone have a lead onthe 2.5mm power cables that come with the full kits?  I have an extra PS lying around and thinking of putting it to use...
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:34:17 PM

Guys,
I'm absolute retard from Raspberry pi and all I can do with it is put SD card in and power it up.

I have done this

I configured a few things on first boot:
Expand the image to fill the card
Change password
Change startup method (Text only)

Now in PUTTY it is asking me for "LOG IN AS"  Huh
What is login name - I didn't set any login name and "raspberry" or "root" doesn't work.

I have changed password to "0000" but I didn't set any login name.

Can somebody help me please ?
Thank you very much

Hi where are i can help I'm in the UK

UK Smiley

ok pm me a number i can call you on
or we can use Skype
pjcltd telford

can't find you on skype Sad
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

Anyone have a lead onthe 2.5mm power cables that come with the full kits?  I have an extra PS lying around and thinking of putting it to use...

[WTS] GridSeed PCI-E Modded Power Cables [pre-order]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520628.0
SVK

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

How do I write new Wheezy file on SD card which already has Wheezy ?

I know that windisk can do it but I need to format that SD card and put new Wheezy on it.

SD formater is saying that I have 56MB SD card but card is 8GB.
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:58:01 PM

I know that windisk can do it but I need to format that SD card and put new Wheezy on it.

If you use Win32DiskImager it will just wipe out the SD card entirely so you don't have to worry about formatting it.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:09:16 PM

If you use Win32DiskImager it will just wipe out the SD card entirely so you don't have to worry about formatting it.

Also, if you do decide to use SD formatter the option to resize will make it 8GB.

MaxGen

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:41:55 PM

Thanks but, I have a spare PS that came in the kit.  Just looking for simple barrel to wire cables.  Digikey has some, but they are too expensive.  I'll try Dealextreme next.

[WTS] GridSeed PCI-E Modded Power Cables [pre-order]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520628.0
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:14:11 PM

So... I have my miners  hooked up and running...
Lights say they are mining... Blinking Green, Solid Red
Screen Looks like its mining...  Lots of "accepted"  but (0.00 kh/s ) in front of (Yay!!!)
No Hash rate showing at Pool after 30 min.

Any ideas?
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

So... I have my miners  hooked up and running...
Screen Looks like its mining...  Lots of "accepted"  but (0.00 kh/s ) in front of (Yay!!!)

Any ideas?

what soft are you runing to mine? cpuminer does not show speed
fasbit

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:24:50 PM

So... I have my miners  hooked up and running...

Any ideas?

yea... cpuminer...
but nothing showing up on pool either...
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:40:14 PM

Any ideas?

yea... cpuminer...
but nothing showing up on pool either...

What pool... check your credentials... pools will take your shares even without credentials matching... you won't get credit though.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:03:14 PM

Any ideas?

How many miners do you have? 200? Whew!

I don't think cpuminer can handle that many simultaniously.
Better try cgminer or bfgminer. They both show local and pool hash rates which I would feel are important to monitor, especially when running hundreds of these buggers at once! Wink

I use cpuminer and just put up with no local hash rate being displayed. It's a de-fault- of cpuminer. Stupid one too! cpuminer is easy to set up and get running for the most part for greenhorns and newbs.

If your red LED is not flashing then your hasher is not hashing Wink.
It will be on for a few seconds and off for a few seconds while hashing and producing completed work.
Green LED means the 5V USB power is live and the driver hardware is powered up.
You must have 12V enabled in order for your hash chips (ASICs) to hash.

Procedure is fire up the 12V first. Wait a few seconds then plug in and power up your 5 volts via USB.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you get them rockers rockin!
I'm excited for you! 200 miners! Fukkin eh!

I only have 6 right now. Wish I could afford 200! Damm!

I'm going to be converting over to cgminer or bfdminer soon so I can monitor local hash rates too since now I'm over-volting and over-clocking them. Just did my first one and it's working out fairly well.
Still some tweaking to do though.

Wolfey2014

Pea Ess, when your hashers are ah-hashin. you'll see the results pool side start to tally in seconds, not minutes in most cases.
I just use my pool side hash rates to monitor local performance although they are average rates, not real time literal like the local rate is.

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
fasbit

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:25:27 PM

Any ideas?

Better try cgminer or bfgminer. They both show local and pool hash rates which I would feel are important to monitor, especially when running hundreds of these buggers at once! Wink

I use cpuminer and just put up with no local hash rate being displayed. It's a de-fault- of cpuminer. Stupid one too! cpuminer is easy to set up and get running for the most part for greenhorns and newbs.

It will be on for a few seconds and off for a few seconds while hashing and producing completed work.

Procedure is fire up the 12V first. Wait a few seconds then plug in and power up your 5 volts via USB.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you get them rockers rockin!

I'm going to be converting over to cgminer or bfdminer soon so I can monitor local hash rates too since now I'm over-volting and over-clocking them. Just did my first one and it's working out fairly well.

Wolfey2014

Pea Ess, when your hashers are ah-hashin. you'll see the results pool side start to tally in seconds, not minutes in most cases.
I just use my pool side hash rates to monitor local performance although they are average rates, not real time literal like the local rate is.

Yea...200 is a lot... but I'm just try to get 5 running right now... HOW YOU KNOW I GOT 200?
And tune them in!
So you say fire up the 12v then the 5v...ok
So ... can u use cgminer for LTC mode? 
What about sgminer?

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:43:49 PM

Any ideas?

Wolfey2014

Yea...200 is a lot... but I'm just try to get 5 running right now... HOW YOU KNOW I GOT 200?
And tune them in!
So you say fire up the 12v then the 5v...ok
So ... can u use cgminer for LTC mode? 
What about sgminer?

You said so in your first post on this matter ,,, lucky bragger! Grin

I don't know spit about cg and bfd miners.
I do know about cpuminer though. Been using it a couple months now and would dare say that you can get as many running in cpuminer as your USB ports will allow. Up to 137 per port I believe. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you lose 1 port per daisy chain connection. But that's not a big deal to me.

Port settings will need to be adjusted too. At least in my case that was necessary but I'm using a Lenovo R400 Win7 laptop to run them.

Sounds like you may have a syntax error in your command line, hence the weirdness you're experiencing.
mine is like this... minerd --freq=850 --gc3355=comx --url=stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 --userpass=youruseracct.username:yourpassword

Make sure you install and use the STMmicroelectronics virtual comm port driver. cpuminer will not work without it.

Let me know how it goes.

200 miners! damn! lucky basterd!

Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
SVK

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:13:58 PM

Does somebody know Wheezy Log in and password ?

I don't have ethernet cable so when I first boot that crap linux I have to go to the desktop and enable WIFI.
Then I type sudo raspi-config and change to text only.
Reboot

After this I open putty and try to get to that crap linux but it still wants Username and Password.
I didn't set up any of that anywhere.

Should I just give up on that crap and use Windows pc which takes 100W on idle ?
I'm trying just one gridseed miner.
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:35:30 PM

Does somebody know Wheezy Log in and password ?

I don't have ethernet cable so when I first boot that crap linux I have to go to the desktop and enable WIFI.
Then I type sudo raspi-config and change to text only.
Reboot

After this I open putty and try to get to that crap linux but it still wants Username and Password.
I didn't set up any of that anywhere.

Should I just give up on that crap and use Windows pc which takes 100W on idle ?
I'm trying just one gridseed miner.

From their website:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
Default login: pi / raspberry
jwoodyu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:55:13 PM

just thought i would share this with you all
i have 18 Gridseed miners running on a Ras-pi
using a 49 port Hub

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab343/pjcltd/ScreenShot2014-03-20at203909_zpsa4cf00fb.png

I for one would totally love explanation on getting cgminer 3.7.2, running Scrypt on a Raspberry PI as configured in this guide.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8985

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 09:55:10 PM

I for one would totally love explanation on getting cgminer 3.7.2, running Scrypt on a Raspberry PI as configured in this guide.

So I take it you tried the 5-step process referenced in the OP and something didn't work? What exactly?
jwoodyu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:29:17 PM

So I take it you tried the 5-step process referenced in the OP and something didn't work? What exactly?

The OP is correct.  The cgminer which is version 3.8.5 works fine for BTC mode. Issue is 3.8.5 won't support Scrypt and I would like another instance of cgminer version 3.7.2 that will support Scrypt so i can run two instances. We can see from the post he is running cgminer 3.7.2 it is right in his screen grab. So i would like to know how he accomplished compiling and getting  second version running on his PI.

Thanks,
John
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8985

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:15:03 PM

The OP is correct.  The cgminer which is version 3.8.5 works fine for BTC mode. Issue is 3.8.5 won't support Scrypt and I would like another instance of cgminer version 3.7.2 that will support Scrypt so i can run two instances. We can see from the post he is running cgminer 3.7.2 it is right in his screen grab. So i would like to know how he accomplished compiling and getting  second version running on his PI.

Thanks,
John

I have not tried that, but if I had to I would start by cloning the dtbartle cgminer gitbug repo into a folder separate from 3.8.5 and following the other steps here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5538853#msg5538853

Alternatively you could download dtbartle/Andareed precompiled cgminer for Pi:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5539257#msg5539257

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: