Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:03:49 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 08:13:20 AM by bobq

I have been involved in supporting EMC2 with some work in its early days (check my older posts) since the core idea is great. I wrote stuff which was supposed to be used to update a webpage which has been out of date from very early. However I've got disappointed when none of my work was used and the science funding property of this coin was sold to the people as "charity" - which involves "the will to donate" instead of an intrinsec and automatic mechanism of funding which does not rely on "will" and "goodness". Moreover, "donations" to science where done in dollars, another deadly mistake, since you are just shouting out to the world that you are the first one to not even believe in the value of your own currency - EMC2. I was righ all the line, and so as value of the coin dropped everyone got depressed and the "will to donate" collapsed, since developers where thinking in terms of dollars and not of EMC2, and so the reason to be of this coin faded.
However, I still believe in the value of the idea behind this coin.
I'd like to discover if in our community we still have motivated adminitrators and technical and operative forces so as to try to transform this coin finally in what it was supposed to be. Which obviously means to focus also on activities in the real world and not only in the crypto community. If the "Einsteinium Fondation" had been sending regularly its coins to scientific projects for these few years, no matter how little value in dollars these coins would have, I'm sure the coin would now have a different credibility and as a consequence a different value. Mistakes are mistakes - the point is to learn from them. Anyone still willing to roll?

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:48:01 AM

I have been involved in supporting EMC2 with some work in its early days (check my older posts) since the core idea is great. I am a professional SF writer (even if not in English, I must add) and I wrote stuff which was supposed to be used to update a webpage which has been out of date from very early. However I've got disappointed when none of my work was used and the science funding property of this coin was sold to the people as "charity" - which involves "the will to donate" instead of an intrinsec and automatic mechanism of funding which does not rely on "will" and "goodness". Moreover, "donations" to science where done in dollars, another deadly mistake, since you are just shouting out to the world that you are the first one to not even believe in the value of your own currency - EMC2. I was righ all the line, and so as value of the coin dropped everyone got depressed and the "will to donate" collapsed, since developers where thinking in terms of dollars and not of EMC2, and so the reason to be of this coin faded.
I'd like to discover if in our community we still have motivated adminitrators and technical and operative forces so as to try to transform this coin finally in what it was supposed to be. Which obviously means to focus also on activities in the real world and not only in the crypto community. If the "Einsteinium Fondation" had been sending regularly its coins to scientific projects for these few years, no matter how little value in dollars these coins would have, I'm sure the coin would now have a different credibility and as a consequence a different value. Mistakes are mistakes - the point is to learn from them. Anyone still willing to roll?

Still in
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 07:11:36 PM

I have been involved in supporting EMC2 with some work in its early days (check my older posts) since the core idea is great. I am a professional SF writer (even if not in English, I must add) and I wrote stuff which was supposed to be used to update a webpage which has been out of date from very early.

However I've got disappointed when none of my work was used and the science funding property of this coin was sold to the people as "charity" - which involves "the will to donate" instead of an intrinsec and automatic mechanism of funding which does not rely on "will" and "goodness".
Moreover, "donations" to science where done in dollars, another deadly mistake, since you are just shouting out to the world that you are the first one to not even believe in the value of your own currency - EMC2. I was righ all the line, and so as value of the coin dropped everyone got depressed and the "will to donate" collapsed, since developers where thinking in terms of dollars and not of EMC2, and so the reason to be of this coin faded.

I'd like to discover if in our community we still have motivated administrators and technical and operative forces so as to try to transform this coin finally in what it was supposed to be. Which obviously means to focus also on activities in the real world and not only in the crypto community.

If the "Einsteinium Foundation" had been sending regularly its coins to scientific projects for these few years, no matter how little value in dollars these coins would have, I'm sure the coin would now have a different credibility and as a consequence a different value.

Mistakes are mistakes - the point is to learn from them. Anyone still willing to roll?

... excuse the text edit .. had to separate out various points .. because I absolutely agree with all of them.

What EMC2 could have achieved when launched in April 2014 was the reason I started buying in when it listed on Poloniex. The travesty of what happened in just three months after that until the end of the whale bet and mega dump and original dev vanishing act is just case in point of what 2014 was all about in cryptoland. Short term blindness and total disregard for what could have been a great contributor to image of cryptocurrencies.

Armis, djnocide and oldminer tried their best to resurrect it in August/September, then I came on board really as a PR monkey after an impromptu spike of interest on Poloniex with a giveaway from my own coins. --- we did get a lot of good contacts and interest a year ago but ultimately ... without a coding dev and not being able to use EMC2 domains, which 1st dev ran off with, all sort of stalled.

..... until a couple of months ago, when I hired the clever kids. I don't want anyone thinking they are just going to jump in and stuff gets magically done, they are new to cryptoland and young ... but very hungry and capable and will need funds for University.

In an ideal world they would already be producing something, but IRL, they are moving home and only just done moving.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
bobq

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:35:33 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 08:15:28 AM by bobq

I have been involved in supporting EMC2 with some work in its early days (check my older posts) since the core idea is great. I wrote stuff which was supposed to be used to update a webpage which has been out of date from very early.

However I've got disappointed when none of my work was used and the science funding property of this coin was sold to the people as "charity" - which involves "the will to donate" instead of an intrinsec and automatic mechanism of funding which does not rely on "will" and "goodness".
Moreover, "donations" to science where done in dollars, another deadly mistake, since you are just shouting out to the world that you are the first one to not even believe in the value of your own currency - EMC2. I was righ all the line, and so as value of the coin dropped everyone got depressed and the "will to donate" collapsed, since developers where thinking in terms of dollars and not of EMC2, and so the reason to be of this coin faded.

I'd like to discover if in our community we still have motivated administrators and technical and operative forces so as to try to transform this coin finally in what it was supposed to be. Which obviously means to focus also on activities in the real world and not only in the crypto community.

If the "Einsteinium Foundation" had been sending regularly its coins to scientific projects for these few years, no matter how little value in dollars these coins would have, I'm sure the coin would now have a different credibility and as a consequence a different value.

Mistakes are mistakes - the point is to learn from them. Anyone still willing to roll?

... excuse the text edit .. had to separate out various points .. because I absolutely agree with all of them.

What EMC2 could have achieved when launched in April 2014 was the reason I started buying in when it listed on Poloniex. The travesty of what happened in just three months after that until the end of the whale bet and mega dump and original dev vanishing act is just case in point of what 2014 was all about in cryptoland. Short term blindness and total disregard for what could have been a great contributor to image of cryptocurrencies.

Armis, djnocide and oldminer tried their best to resurrect it in August/September, then I came on board really as a PR monkey after an impromptu spike of interest on Poloniex with a giveaway from my own coins. --- we did get a lot of good contacts and interest a year ago but ultimately ... without a coding dev and not being able to use EMC2 domains, which 1st dev ran off with, all sort of stalled.

..... until a couple of months ago, when I hired the clever kids. I don't want anyone thinking they are just going to jump in and stuff gets magically done, they are new to cryptoland and young ... but very hungry and capable and will need funds for University.

In an ideal world they would already be producing something, but IRL, they are moving home and only just done moving.

Good that you are there Vavarin. If my memory doesn't fail me I recall that the only really positive feedbacks I'd got on this board to my posts in those days were coming from you. Well, hopefully the two bright kids will get passionate on the issue. On my side I'll start again to watch around for people who could in time eventually help our cause. If a new operative team would build up then it would not be a big issue to start from scratch with a new website.

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:43:42 AM

I have been involved in supporting EMC2 with some work in its early days (check my older posts) since the core idea is great. I am a professional SF writer (even if not in English, I must add) and I wrote stuff which was supposed to be used to update a webpage which has been out of date from very early.

Good that you are there Vavarin. If my memory doesn't fail me I recall that the only really positive feedbacks I'd got on this board to my posts in those days were coming from you. Well, hopefully the two bright kids will gat passionate on the issue. On my side I'll start again to watch around for people who could in time eventually help our cause. If a new operative team would build up then it would not be a big issue to start from scratch with a new website.

Anyone interested in helping this bring this coin to what is was suppose to be is welcome.

If you have any ideas for the new website, let me know (i'm currently trying to build something (from scratch so i have to learn everything)).
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 08:08:07 AM

Appreciate your kind words Bob and hard work DJ.  We will make it happen.

This I know ... like I knew about Cryptsy "hack" 2 moths before, said it ... said it again and TODAY http://blog.cryptsy.com/post/137323646202/announcement

If I am right about something like "hacking" exchanges (check my history, CryptoRush, Coinmarket.io, Mintpal, BTER and now Craptsy - saw them all before others), I am going to make sure I am right about EMC2.

renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 02:40:40 PM

Appreciate your kind words Bob and hard work DJ.  We will make it happen.

This I know ... like I knew about Cryptsy "hack" 2 moths before, said it ... said it again and TODAY http://blog.cryptsy.com/post/137323646202/announcement

If I am right about something like "hacking" exchanges (check my history, CryptoRush, Coinmarket.io, Mintpal, BTER and now Craptsy - saw them all before others), I am going to make sure I am right about EMC2.

EMC2 is on its way back up

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:34:07 PM

New website is up: emc2foundation.org or einsteiniumfoundation.com
If you think anything should be added, send me a message or email: emc2foundation@gmail.com
bobq

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:13:52 PM

If you think anything should be added, send me a message or email: emc2foundation@gmail.com

Well done djnocide! It's good to have a website up again.
However it still uses the text of the early version of the site, which in my view is a wrong approach, as I repeatedly pointed out in 2014. The site is addressed to people in the crypto-community only - no-one outside crypos would understand anything about it. We are using a jargon unknown outside cryptos. This is a fatal mistake since the only way to success for a coin in my view is to have an usefullness OUTSIDE the world of crypto-enthusiasts in the so called real world. So we have to address people outside to cryptos and inside of science - if we can't convince people in the scientific world to believe in out project the coin will fail. It's a long process but it's the only way. Inside cryptos we mostly have pump&dump artists.
Back in 2014 I mentioned in discussions with the original team members the case of Solarcoin, an interesting project strongy leaning OUTSIDE the world of cryptos, so much that they even didn't care so much about their fans inside cryptos. This is the key of success, but I was not listened to. From those days Einsteinium dropped from 300+ satoshis to 18 while Solarcoin rose from a minimum of 500 satoshis to the current value of 6000, even though it's a coin with a 99% premine - and now it turned to POW not for speculative purposes but for protecting against 51% attacks. The difference is all in the impact Solarcoin has or it is committed to have in the real world.
And as I stated in many occasions - even a few days ago - we also have to abandon the "filantropic" dressing of our coin and stop to speak about "charity" and start to speak about a paradign changing from of money which fuels the progress of science by the mere act of coming into existence - and act accordingly to this view. Stop giving funds in Dollars or in altcoins other than EMC2 - which only shows the world that even we don't believe in our coins.
I sense that Varvarin agrees with me in this analysis. If I find more consensus I can resume my efforts to help with the project. In 2014 I wrote a lot of inspirational stuff and for the website, adressed to people OUTSIDE cryptos. If there is consensus I can look for those texts and start sending them to you. My English will need to be polished a bit since I'm not a native speaker.

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:05:05 AM

Well done djnocide! It's good to have a website up again.
However it still uses the text of the early version of the site, which in my view is a wrong approach, as I repeatedly pointed out in 2014. The site is addressed to people in the crypto-community only - no-one outside crypos would understand anything about it. We are using a jargon unknown outside cryptos. This is a fatal mistake since the only way to success for a coin in my view is to have an usefullness OUTSIDE the world of crypto-enthusiasts in the so called real world. So we have to address people outside to cryptos and inside of science - if we can't convince people in the scientific world to believe in out project the coin will fail. It's a long process but it's the only way. Inside cryptos we mostly have pump&dump artists.
Back in 2014 I mentioned in discussions with the original team members the case of Solarcoin, an interesting project strongy leaning OUTSIDE the world of cryptos, so much that they even didn't care so much about their fans inside cryptos. This is the key of success, but I was not listened to. From those days Einsteinium dropped from 300+ satoshis to 18 while Solarcoin rose from a minimum of 500 satoshis to the current value of 6000, even though it's a coin with a 99% premine - and now it turned to POW not for speculative purposes but for protecting against 51% attacks. The difference is all in the impact Solarcoin has or it is committed to have in the real world.
And as I stated in many occasions - even a few days ago - we also have to abandon the "filantropic" dressing of our coin and stop to speak about "charity" and start to speak about a paradign changing from of money which fuels the progress of science by the mere act of coming into existence - and act accordingly to this view. Stop giving funds in Dollars or in altcoins other than EMC2 - which only shows the world that even we don't believe in our coins.
I sense that Varvarin agrees with me in this analysis. If I find more consensus I can resume my efforts to help with the project. In 2014 I wrote a lot of inspirational stuff and for the website, adressed to people OUTSIDE cryptos. If there is consensus I can look for those texts and start sending them to you. My English will need to be polished a bit since I'm not a native speaker.

I agree with you all the way
- we need to reach outside the CC world if we want this coin to survive and i've always seen it that way for EMC2. This crypto was created to be used by the scientific community, we need to make it happen if we want this coin to survive.

-For the text, i'll need some help to modify it, to be more friendly to those outside of CC. My English isn't enough good to make those changes.

-I totally agree with the way to fund project(We tried to do it with the Havekes project, but indiegogo wasn't crypto friendly so it complicated the process). For future project, EMC2 should be the only way to give funds to projects.

If someone can help with the text on the website, i'll gladly change it. I'll be working on improving the website too.
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 01:18:56 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 02:02:20 PM by Varvarin

The new foundation website is not a final product, DJ is making a very solid effort and it will be down to the rest of us to assist in design and content.

I am working with GameCredits dev team on their marketing campaign and PR efforts, GMC has a large team with real gaming companies and marketing advisors. Has reach from US to EU to Japan.
Which will only help EMC2, as I specialise in startup companies and business growth in my daily job being an accountant.

The above I mention because the direction Einsteinium should be heading is education.

Pro:
- It has no "coin" in the name, therefore is not thrown on the pile with cryptoscams right away.
  -- EMC2 coin is one of the parts, not a be all and end all.
- The bagholders are from the science community, Dr. Havekes, whom received the funding campaign proceeds a year ago is a PhD professor and is not the only one.
- A lot of love remains for EMC2 across the internets, I am a regular on Poloniex trollbox and can't even begin to count the number of people who said they believed in EMC2 when it launched and are hoping it can be brought back to it's rightful place.
- Low price for long term investor to accumulate and wait.
- Easy to mine due to low price. Wormholes make mining a lot more valuable.

Con:
- Original dev ran off with the original foundation domain and github account.
- Some uncertainty with block explorer numbers.
- Lack of a full time technical dev.
- Low price makes funding campaigns impossible.

Solutions in the works:
- Ray from ZeitCoin is a temporary wallet dev, therefore any issues that may arise will be dealt with competently. **EMC2 never had any blockchain or technical issues .. ever. Tech is as good as it comes.**
- DJ is building the new foundation website.
- Varvarin has 2 teenage devs on payroll from November. One is tech focused, other is a designer.
- Armis is around too, working on PICISI, which will also feed back 'n' forth with EMC2 projects.

Rest is just talking about EMC2 and trying to bring back some of the community spirit that was present at launch and for some months after and especially around the Havekes campaign.

A year has passed since the Havekes campaign and looking back, I can not say it has been a bad year. We might not have the funds to stop the price slide, various efforts were made to pay for development, most of which turned out to be ill advised. It is extraordinarily hard to find trustworthy people in cryptoland, for love nor money. Short sightedness is astounding and lack of cover when dealing with random names online makes it all to easy to avoid responsibility.

Personally, I have been building relationships, even face to face friendships with competent developers and big players in crypto and also, probably more importantly ... introducing real world companies into cryptoland who could benefit massively from blockchain technology, while at the same time providing some real world credibility to crypto.
Think of this: all the rich (nice or tax avoiding) people have philanthropic organisations, EMC2 should be a great fit for the science and cryptocurrency education provider.

-- EMC2 could be a banner, a place for members of the cryptocummunity to mix with members of the science and education community. Each providing something for the other.

A non-profit, but not a charity. Quid pro quo.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:17:19 PM

Wormhole ! Smiley

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
DanWalker

Activity: 1974
Merit: 547

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:29:19 AM

is there any addnodes?  wallet not syncing

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████            ██████
 █████            █████
  █████          █████
   █████        █████
 ████████      ████████
  ████████    ████████
      █████  █████   
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
        ████████     
         ██████       
          ████       
           ██         
AVE.COM | BRANDNEW CRYPTO
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.. CASINO & BETTING PLATFORM
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
🏆🎁
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:30:48 AM

is there any addnodes?  wallet not syncing

addnode=emc2.suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:33:47 AM

Dammmmm.. This brings back some good memories.
Glad to see you guys still hustling with emc2.
Warms my heart.
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:37:52 AM

Warms my heart.

We won't let this coin die.
DanWalker

Activity: 1974
Merit: 547

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:41:52 AM

thanks Oc,   but after ten minutes ,still no addnodes with yours. i did download wallet from op  page 1 first post , is there a updated wallet?

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████            ██████
 █████            █████
  █████          █████
   █████        █████
 ████████      ████████
  ████████    ████████
      █████  █████   
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
        ████████     
         ██████       
          ████       
           ██         
AVE.COM | BRANDNEW CRYPTO
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.. CASINO & BETTING PLATFORM
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
🏆🎁
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:42:23 AM

Warms my heart.

That's the spirit bro. Keep up the good work.
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:04:52 PM

Warms my heart.

That's the spirit bro. Keep up the good work.

Hi Bob  Cheesy

Always good to see Bob around. Yep, we are working, will keep posting as things get done.

Might need some help since this job doesn't pay  Wink

Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:05:30 AM

https://youtu.be/DlHmGy4Aq_g?t=118

Enjoy some Celtic music  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: