Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076336 times)
poiuty

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:50:36 PM

For how long do you think collect 3 BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
codmaster

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:56:52 PM

so you want 3 btc out of us?? to sort your problems??  Huh Huh
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:24:38 PM

To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.

The reason we chose BTC instead of a EMC2 donation is because of current market value. The developer needs money right now in order to pay for the time it will take to begin to implement the changes. Upon payment receipt, it will be the his decision to buy back into the coin while prices are still cheap. Otherwise, the rest he can cash out to pay his bills. If we pay him 3btc in EMC2 directly, it would take a sizable portion from myself or from holders and it's just not a very reasonable decision at current market rates.
It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

Your most loyal community members and biggest pockets already your post,  I think it has been established  that for no one thinks it's worth the risk / reward.

So used your time wisely and don't waste it waiting on that 3btc filled and come up with another proposition.  Maybe try to make my suggestion or something of the sort work out,  or come up with something entirely different,  or a Dev  that would accept such a position without cash up front.

And beyond the scope of the rest of my post,  usually someone gets paid after the work is done, I'm not exactly sure why we're hanged by the balls and that it should be any different especially in a bitcoin world known for scams and jobs unfinished.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

I vote not to pay.

We need to find another way around the obstacles. We cant be buying our way out every time.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
marach

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:17:46 PM

Here's one proposition.

Stop messing with the coin and start funding science.
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:39:41 PM

lol, no Buy Orders in cryptsy
still holding
oh yeah, I'm a great investor
get 600, and hold to ~40 ahahaha
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

Here's one proposition.

Stop messing with the coin and start funding science.

+1

Wow someone is done 40sat... 1.6btc

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:26:17 PM

I hope you guys listened to me when I told yall to pick up cloakcoin at 20K satoshi.

I really love this community so I really hope you guys did.

Cloakcoin today :0.00180833

Next stop 300K

then 500K

then 1Million Satoshi.

Its not to late boys and girls.

Good luck and god speed.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:32:27 PM

I hope you guys listened to me when I told yall to pick up cloakcoin at 20K satoshi.

I really love this community so I really hope you guys did.

Cloakcoin today :0.00180833

Next stop 300K

then 500K

then 1Million Satoshi.

Its not to late boys and girls.

Good luck and god speed.

cloak will crash can u say manipulation?

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:36:51 PM

I'll remind you of this when we get to 500K

I'll have to add you to the list though because I have about 30 people to remind.

Don't you get it, cloakcoin is the biggest innovation to crypto since btc!

Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:19:13 AM

I'll have to add you to the list though because I have about 30 people to remind.

yup for u and about 10 others

ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:59:26 AM

To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.

The reason we chose BTC instead of a EMC2 donation is because of current market value. The developer needs money right now in order to pay for the time it will take to begin to implement the changes. Upon payment receipt, it will be the his decision to buy back into the coin while prices are still cheap. Otherwise, the rest he can cash out to pay his bills. If we pay him 3btc in EMC2 directly, it would take a sizable portion from myself or from holders and it's just not a very reasonable decision at current market rates.
It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

Your most loyal community members and biggest pockets already your post,  I think it has been established  that for no one thinks it's worth the risk / reward.

So used your time wisely and don't waste it waiting on that 3btc filled and come up with another proposition.  Maybe try to make my suggestion or something of the sort work out,  or come up with something entirely different,  or a Dev  that would accept such a position without cash up front.

And beyond the scope of the rest of my post,  usually someone gets paid after the work is done, I'm not exactly sure why we're hanged by the balls and that it should be any different especially in a bitcoin world known for scams and jobs unfinished.

I agree that the community is not really where it should be for us to collect the money. Not only that, but forking a coin a changing its fundamentals usually kills it all together. The switch to PoS will not increase our value. It's taken me a bit of humility and learning, but I've come to decide that we need to change direction with this coin. What we really need is a new system for donating to science. Switching algo may be something that can come a little down the line, but at our current state it may be best to refocus on what we are really supposed to be doing with EMC2.

My goal now is for Einsteinium is to create a website much like Kickstarter or Experiment.com specifically geared for funding science projects with crypto. People will be able to create projects and receive votes / funding directly in EMC2. Above that, it's time that we rebuild our coin team from the ground up. I will update very soon.

Developing the future of crypto.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:33:05 AM

You're going to regret putting your life savings into cloak when cape gets released.

Same article with ten times the class.

EDIT: M'lady.

Horses in midstream.
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:38:29 AM

http://dutchpool.org now also offers EMC2, running NOMP pool at only 1% fee, all pools using vardfiff, no signup needed.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

I agree that the community is not really where it should be for us to collect the money. Not only that, but forking a coin a changing its fundamentals usually kills it all together. The switch to PoS will not increase our value. It's taken me a bit of humility and learning, but I've come to decide that we need to change direction with this coin. What we really need is a new system for donating to science. Switching algo may be something that can come a little down the line, but at our current state it may be best to refocus on what we are really supposed to be doing with EMC2.

My goal now is for Einsteinium is to create a website much like Kickstarter or Experiment.com specifically geared for funding science projects with crypto. People will be able to create projects and receive votes / funding directly in EMC2. Above that, it's time that we rebuild our coin team from the ground up. I will update very soon.

We should create a ''how-to'' to give with the EMC2, to help those that are not familiar with CC.
Good decision, not let focus on reaching the scientific community. This coin is for them, so let them know we exist.
ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:16:53 PM

It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

We should create a ''how-to'' to give with the EMC2, to help those that are not familiar with CC.
Good decision, not let focus on reaching the scientific community. This coin is for them, so let them know we exist.

+1  Cool

Also, does someone still have access to the twitter account?  Might be a good time to start sending tweets to remind the community that we are still here!

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:41:57 PM

I really like that idea, maybe I can get an info graphic put together within a day or two that we can share around.

ahumanbeingx

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:43:32 PM

It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

+1  Cool

Also, does someone still have access to the twitter account?  Might be a good time to start sending tweets to remind the community that we are still here!

Yes I do and I've began to tweet / retweet more lately. I would like to hire someone from the community to handle our Twitter account exclusively + tip bot. I will create a bounty post for that after work today.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:24:48 PM

WOW....You have become the MASTER OF DISSASTER.... You change idea like the weather, one day sun next day rain.

codmaster

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

so what is going on then?!?! hot air...........??

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: