Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076336 times)
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

we need to push things forward and stop waiting for people that don't care enough.

+1

I propose multisig.

the problem we have is that a certain proportion of coins from every block is going to an address which is used to fund the science and development projects.

This is the big sticking point.. who gets to control this address and more importantly who should be trusted to control it.

since we will never be able to reach a consensus about this I think we should look at a multisig implementation of atleast 3 keys (preferably 5-9) where a clear majority is needed in order to transfer money.

I think this idea that complete control must be maintained by the current holder OR handed over to a new dev team is clearly an unworkable solution in either case.

we are going nowhere because there is no consensus and no compromise.

if there's a takeover, the team doing it will need a lot of transparency in the process. If the dev in place want to stay, he'll have to show proofs that it's worth it for him to stay because right now nothing is in his favor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:36:42 AM

Watch this space guys. Things are being formulated in the background  Grin

serious??

Yes we are. Dont dump your coins just yet. Armis is getting a team together including some of the board members we originally voted for - we need 1-2 more people interested. If anyone wants to put their hand up, reply here or PM Armis.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
codmaster

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:53:54 AM

serious??

Yes we are. Dont dump your coins just yet. Armis is getting a team together including some of the board members we originally voted for - we need 1-2 more people interested. If anyone wants to put their hand up, reply here or PM Armis.

excellent news!! i have already messaged Armis and showed my support

lets do this....

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:03:03 AM

serious??

lets do this....

Great, we need enthusiastic board members.

We gave Ryan the opportunity seeing as he was one of the original dev's to bring the coin back from the dead but he has failed. We now move ahead with Armis, who showed real leadership. Some of the original board members we voted for have dropped off but thats fine. We want people that are committed and prepared to work hard to bring this coin back to life. I'll PM Armis as well and see where we go from here. Personally, I would like to see this show on the road sooner than later, as Im sure we all do.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

serious??

lets do this....

We gave Ryan the opportunity seeing as he was one of the original dev's to bring the coin back from the dead but he has failed. We now move ahead with Armis, who showed real leadership. Some of the original board members we voted for have dropped off but thats fine. We want people that are committed and prepared to work hard to bring this coin back to life. I'll PM Armis as well and see where we go from here. Personally, I would like to see this show on the road sooner than later, as Im sure we all do.

A lot of time and dedication will be needed if we want this coin to come back. Not everyone can do it.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:40:50 PM

serious??

lets do this....

A lot of time and dedication will be needed if we want this coin to come back. Not everyone can do it.

Agreed. After further discussion with Armis I think we will continue to canvass for a 5th board member.

ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:29:05 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 12:01:31 AM by ahumanbeingx

The developer stopped responding to me and I am at a loss. Since I am not a developer and cannot fund one, I am willing to donate 100% of my personal holdings to a new team / developer for the coin. That's 2 million EMC2 to whichever group is capable it doing something with the coin. Anything I can do to help, I will be around to give the information necessary.

Otherwise, I know a dev who will take 1 million emc2 to create a new webkit wallet for the coin which would then work alongside a new website which hosted crowd funded projects.

Honestly, I've invested a lot of time and money into the coin and have reached a point of depression when it comes to trying to fix the sinking ship. If I had time to work on the coin exclusively, I could piece together a solid team and bust my ass around the clock. I'm just not in the financial position to keep spending money on something without getting results.

I can step aside, resign, hand over a few million coins. Or I can get the webkit wallet out and start deving the new site. Either way, I'd love to see a new community effort and people stepping forward to make things happen for Einsteinium.

The last few attempts to bring back the coin have hurt my pockets and my reputation, as well as the coins value. Because of my failure, I leave my role and fate in EMC2 with you guys. You are the deepest supporters. Let me help do whatever I can to make this all work out.

Developing the future of crypto.
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

The developer stopped responding to me and I am at a loss. Since I am not a developer and cannot fund one, I am willing to donate 100% of my personal holdings to a new team / developer for the coin. That's 2 million EMC2 to whichever group is capable it doing something with the coin. Anything I can do to help, I will be around to give the information necessary.

Otherwise, I know a dev who will take 1 million emc2 to create a new webkit wallet for the coin which would then work alongside a new website which hosted crowd funded projects.

Honestly, I've invested a lot of time and money into the coin and have reached a point of depression when it comes to trying to fix the sinking ship. If I had time to work on the coin exclusively, I could piece together a solid team and bust my ass around the clock. I'm just not in the financial position to keep spending money on something without getting results.

I can step aside, resign, hand over a few million coins. Or I can get the webkit wallet out and start deving the new site. Either way, I'd love to see a new community effort and people stepping forward to make things happen for Einsteinium.

The last few attempts to bring back the coin have hurt my pockets and my reputation, as well as the coins value. Because of my failure, I leave my role and fate in EMC2 with you guys. You are the deepest supporters. Let me help do whatever I can to make this all work out.

Best decision you could make for the coin right now. When things doesn't turn like we want them to and we don't have the time and energy to work things out. The best things to do is step aside. A good team will take over the coin and will bring it back to is past glory. Leading a coin can't be done by only one person. You did a great job at the beginning, now it's our turn to continue the job.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:47:23 AM

Armis, djnocide, and Oldminer collectively represent the new leadership of the EMC2 community, on behalf of the community we accept Ryan Wright's resignation from duty effective immediately; relief of his fiduciary responsibilities will become effective upon the proper transfer of all trust funds, trust keys, social media codes, EMC2 management records, and all other info relevant to the maintenance, management, and/or control of matters pertaining to EMC2.   To begin that process kindly post in this forum the public key(s) for the wallet(s) in possession of EMC2 trust funds.

The community will be kept abreast of transition development a daily basis.   

afeizhai

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:09:21 AM

During this time, the development team have done?

ahumanbeingx

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:27:26 AM

Armis, djnocide, and Oldminer collectively represent the new leadership of the EMC2 community, on behalf of the community we accept Ryan Wright's resignation from duty effective immediately; relief of his fiduciary responsibilities will become effective upon the proper transfer of all trust funds, trust keys, social media codes, EMC2 management records, and all other info relevant to the maintenance, management, and/or control of matters pertaining to EMC2.   To begin that process kindly post in this forum the public key(s) for the wallet(s) in possession of EMC2 trust funds.

Armis, I will gather the details and get you the private keys to the fund wallets. We will do this via PM to protect the coins. It's recommended to use a seperate rig to pull the fund money into as the process can be quite laggy.

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:45:31 PM

Armis, I will gather the details and get you the private keys to the fund wallets. We will do this via PM to protect the coins. It's recommended to use a seperate rig to pull the fund money into as the process can be quite laggy.

Ryan it would be greatly appreciated to let the community know the public addresses of the trust funds. We need a lot of transparency to help this coin, all members deserve to know the amount in the wallets and the in and out of them.
So i don't think i'm asking too much of you to let this community know the public addresses.
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:18:42 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 05:07:12 AM by ahumanbeingx

I've completely handed over the fund wallet, the bitcointalk login info, twitter login info, facebook admin rights, and I'm digging around for anything else I can help out with.

Also, I'm still paying for the new wallet 2.0 and I will give that to the community just as a gift and show of love for all your time and patience.

ahumanbeingx

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:12:59 AM

Einsteinium Generation 2.0 Wallet:

(New UI - Features in-wallet IRC chat and social media links.)

Direct Download Link: http://einsteinium.org/images/einsteinium-qt-gen2.zip

Gauss14

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:36:26 AM

I appreciate what you done for the coin Ryan, you had to carry all the load on your shoulders' alone. I believe you tried to do the best for Einsteinium but it is hard to manage all aspects in a part time manner alone. Thanks for all you did Ryan.

I still have hopes for this coin. I hope the new board will change things out and turn the fate of Einsteinium. I wish all well about this coin. I'm following and waiting good news. See you folks.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:51:33 PM

I appreciate what you done for the coin Ryan, you had to carry all the load on your shoulders' alone. I believe you tried to do the best for Einsteinium but it is hard to manage all aspects in a part time manner alone. Thanks for all you did Ryan.

I still have hopes for this coin. I hope the new board will change things out and turn the fate of Einsteinium. I wish all well about this coin. I'm following and waiting good news. See you folks.

Ditto! Thank you and, please, stay connected. Even if you can't work on EMC2 you can still support it...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ahumanbeingx

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:48:56 PM

Ditto! Thank you and, please, stay connected. Even if you can't work on EMC2 you can still support it...

I really appreciate the kind sentiments. I would love to keep working with EMC2 in some position even if it's not a leading role. I still have a lot of love for EMC2 and see its potential for success. I'll be around for support and possibly a new role in the coin of the new team sees it as a benefit.

BTW, I was able to help make sure MintPal V2 keeps Einsteinium (EMC2):

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/

egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

I've completely handed over the fund wallet, the bitcointalk login info, twitter login info, facebook admin rights, and I'm digging around for anything else I can help out with.

Also, I'm still paying for the new wallet 2.0 and I will give that to the community just as a gift and show of love for all your time and patience.

Now this is how a changeover takes place by a professional.I have seen other coins where the devs just disappear without any form of cooperation leaving the community locked out and with nothing to work with.I am sure this coin will be fine.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:31:43 PM

Now this is how a changeover takes place by a professional.I have seen other coins where the devs just disappear without any form of cooperation leaving the community locked out and with nothing to work with.I am sure this coin will be fine.

Indeed. Ryan's co-operation in this is admirable.

And the new wallet looks great. Is this something that could work with multisig or would it need a complete new wallet, Ryan?

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:50:14 AM

Report To The EMC2 Community

This is the first of many regular reports to the EMC2 community, during management transition the reports will be brief, upon transition finalization reports will be comprehensive, and provided weekly.

Change
Positive change is coming to EMC2.   So far we received 4 of the 6 EMC2 management credentials requested of the previous admin.  I'm told we are in control of the EMC2 trust fund, as of moments ago, however we have run any controls as of yet, the public key is: EknqTC9XEuucZEhD3miDGnbJxBptcxhByA  I'm told the unaudited account balance is: 2087750 emc2.   Controls will be run in the coming days, and an audit is currently underway.   The automatic EMC2 block chain explorer tool did not provide the info we need so we must dig deeper for the information we need to do a proper analysis.   We hope to report findings in 4 days.

Investment
Overall, the financial markets responded positively to the news of Mr. Wright's resignation, the coin's value shot up 100% on average, Poloniex experiencing top gains of ~160%, followed by Mintpal ~100%.   The Cryptsy market was essential unaffected.   Volume was expectantly brisk.  In short values went from 20 sat to 60 sat.   I suspect the market to be extremely volatile during the transition period, please exercise extreme caution during this time.    Once the transition is finalized values are expected to increase dramatically.    A critical part of each report to the EMC2 community will be an EMC2 market value analysis and assessment, the board will give an opinion on what it believes EMC2 is worth.  This valuation will be provided to defuse pump and dump trading that continue to plague cryptocurrency investors time and time again.

Projects
We have reactivated the award program, we are now accepting nominations, I would like to encourage you to focus special attention to grade school science fair projects. 

Volunteers
We have very many things to do, please volunteers you time.
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: