Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:17:34 PM

Expected payoff / block = 88 + (888 * 1/8) = 199. 

Roughly 1/4 of what is was - all else equal, difficulty should be 1/4 of what it was before the switch, right?
Nope assuming same number of miners diff should be the same as it is affected by block time not coin generation rate. The hope would be value would be 4x but you will likely see a drop in miners (at least initially) causing a drop in diff and a slight rise in value. Worst case scenario the shock of inflation kills the coin but here's hoping that doesn't happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

So i hope there will be good news and a normal exchange soon, if not... this coin will be everything, but not big...
would be sad for a great coin like this
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

The coin has barely been out a week and everyone acts like everything is falling apart because it isn't on a big exchange yet. Almost all exchanges are driven by community voting now so we all have as much pull as anybody else. I've been voting on MintPal every hour for 2 days now but we're so far down the list that it almost seems better to wait until we're up for voting on Cryptsy before shelling out BTC for votes (I'll continue to get my hourly votes in though.) Everybody should contact Cryptsy and ask them to add us - they do claim that some coins will be added without even having to go through the voting process. Everyone can't just sit back twiddling their thumbs waiting for the devs to take care of everything to make them rich. Put in some effort! Every coin is the same thing - a bunch of miners that feel entitled and complain about progress. You will notice that the people complaining never actually do anything to help they just want to make their profit with as little effort as possible. I've exchanged a few messages with one of the devs of this coin and they are working on some awesome software releases exclusively for 888 and letting the community take the lead on getting listed on exchanges. I'm sure members of the dev team will chip in BTC if we can get things closer. It's funny because I'm dealing with this same situation with all 3 coins I'm invested in right now. Awesome coins with great devs and a lot of potential but communities that consist primarily of people that would rather complain about progress than help out. I know that doesn't apply to all of you and even I could have done more to help but now I'm all-in here. This coin had a pretty huge launch and a ton of people are holding OctoCoins - lets start moving this thing along!
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:29:58 PM

yeah you're right, i'm voting my ass off too, but the thing is if forums getting a little bit silent, or there is no big exchange, a lot of miners move on,
and its hard to get them back if you once are forgotten. Thats the point why i wrote this post before. I still mine octo from day 1 and buy some everyday.

And its nice to hear the devs got cool plans  Wink

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:30:46 PM

Yeah I've been voting for mint constantly. I've voted for cryptorush.in as well but mint just runs better. I cannot wait for it to be picked up there.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
lametom

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:35:22 PM

The coin has barely been out a week and everyone acts like everything is falling apart because it isn't on a big exchange yet. Almost all exchanges are driven by community voting now so we all have as much pull as anybody else. I've been voting on MintPal every hour for 2 days now but we're so far down the list that it almost seems better to wait until we're up for voting on Cryptsy before shelling out BTC for votes (I'll continue to get my hourly votes in though.) Everybody should contact Cryptsy and ask them to add us - they do claim that some coins will be added without even having to go through the voting process. Everyone can't just sit back twiddling their thumbs waiting for the devs to take care of everything to make them rich. Put in some effort! Every coin is the same thing - a bunch of miners that feel entitled and complain about progress. You will notice that the people complaining never actually do anything to help they just want to make their profit with as little effort as possible. I've exchanged a few messages with one of the devs of this coin and they are working on some awesome software releases exclusively for 888 and letting the community take the lead on getting listed on exchanges. I'm sure members of the dev team will chip in BTC if we can get things closer. It's funny because I'm dealing with this same situation with all 3 coins I'm invested in right now. Awesome coins with great devs and a lot of potential but communities that consist primarily of people that would rather complain about progress than help out. I know that doesn't apply to all of you and even I could have done more to help but now I'm all-in here. This coin had a pretty huge launch and a ton of people are holding OctoCoins - lets start moving this thing along!

The dev made a claim that he is a large shareholder on Cryptsy and as someone else already pointed out, throwing BTC at an exchange to get 888 listed shouldn't be a problem. Voting is cool and I am very impressed with the number of votes 888 has received. At this point, it may not even be helpful to blow 888's load and get listed on a major exchange because very little information has been released about this coin's future. People are holding 888 with faith that the dev is not full of it. I believe that when the time is right, some substantial information about what this coin may be released along with a listing on another exchange. If not, then the coin may die and a small number of people will be upset. It's really all up to the secretive, large share-holding dev at this point, but community votes do help!

Also, with only about 185,000 Octocoins produced each day after the reward dropped, the dev may be just banking on the coin's scarcity causing a price increase and not be in a hurry to inform the public about the coin's usefulness nor list the coin on a more prominent exchange.
SuperSta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:13:45 PM

http://octo.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Block Finders Bonus: 8 (9.09%)
Block Reward Bonus: 1%
Total Potential Bonus: 10.09% (per block)

Receive upto 10% extra with Lifeforce or pay 1-2% with the other pools. The choice is yours.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

The dev made a claim that he is a large shareholder on Cryptsy and as someone else already pointed out, throwing BTC at an exchange to get 888 listed shouldn't be a problem. Voting is cool and I am very impressed with the number of votes 888 has received. At this point, it may not even be helpful to blow 888's load and get listed on a major exchange because very little information has been released about this coin's future. People are holding 888 with faith that the dev is not full of it. I believe that when the time is right, some substantial information about what this coin may be released along with a listing on another exchange. If not, then the coin may die and a small number of people will be upset. It's really all up to the secretive, large share-holding dev at this point, but community votes do help!

Also, with only about 185,000 Octocoins produced each day after the reward dropped, the dev may be just banking on the coin's scarcity causing a price increase and not be in a hurry to inform the public about the coin's usefulness nor list the coin on a more prominent exchange.

I think you are confusing Cryptsy with Google - I am also a Cryptsy shareholder (and I even own a couple shares of Google) but because I have a couple BTC in Cryptsy shares doesn't mean I want to spend $2000 on 888 votes by myself just because I have a few dollars in investments. Maybe the dev is loaded and will just throw money at it but to me that seems like a BS excuse for the community being lazy (as I was mentioning earlier.) I don't care if the dev is a billionaire everybody should be doing their part. I'm sure many of us have more OctoCoins right now than the entire dev team. I believe he pointed out that he was a Cryptsy shareholder to show that even shareholders aren't given any advantages. I know I've contacted Cryptsy before about adding coins and, as a shareholder myself, they aren't even up to be voted on yet (let alone trading on the exchange.) So it's not all up to the dev - it's up to us as well. I've personally gotten over 400 votes in at MintPal - that's almost half. Imagine if there were 25-30 others out there doing the same?
LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:22:30 PM

I think you are confusing Cryptsy with Google - I am also a Cryptsy shareholder (and I even own a couple shares of Google) but because I have a couple BTC in Cryptsy shares doesn't mean I want to spend $2000 on 888 votes by myself just because I have a few dollars in investments. Maybe the dev is loaded and will just throw money at it but to me that seems like a BS excuse for the community being lazy (as I was mentioning earlier.) I don't care if the dev is a billionaire everybody should be doing their part. I'm sure many of us have more OctoCoins right now than the entire dev team. I believe he pointed out that he was a Cryptsy shareholder to show that even shareholders aren't given any advantages. I know I've contacted Cryptsy before about adding coins and, as a shareholder myself, they aren't even up to be voted on yet (let alone trading on the exchange.) So it's not all up to the dev - it's up to us as well. I've personally gotten over 400 votes in at MintPal - that's almost half. Imagine if there were 25-30 others out there doing the same?

+1  Stop complaining and start voting!!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:59:18 PM

Cool Cool Cool OCTO

Alright! Can't wait to see what happens this week!

lametom

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

my last comment is whining huh? was just trying to have a discussion. everything is whining i guess. i'll leave it to the experts and stop trying to have some critical fun. 888 to the moon lol!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:21:39 AM

HEHEHEHEHE!

LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:04:23 AM

P2Pool node for Octocoin

Los Angeles uswest.betterthancash.net:8888*

Code:
[b]Sample cgminer conf[/b]
"url" : "stratum+tcp://uswest.betterthancash.net:8888",
"user" : "<Your Octocoin Wallet Address>",
"pass" : "<Random String>"

Why p2pool?
Payout directly to your Octocoin Wallet, no TX fee
No way to rip you off!
DDOS resistant (Add second p2pool node as fallback)
All Nodes work together as one pool.
0.5% blockfinder bonus!

https://octocoin.org/images/mine.png

P2Pool Nodescanner
http://octoscanner.qemulab.com/

IRC
#p2pool-888
Block announcements and P2Pool related Questions

If you want to setup your own Node use this Repo
https://github.com/TheoRettisch/p2pool-octocoin/

* Yes while the geoip feature of the node scanner says we're in Buffalo, NY (which is where our server provider is based) traceroute says we're in Los Angeles!
bestcoin3f

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:13:15 AM

a luck number Grin
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:40:51 AM

reddit.com/r/octocointip

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:38:05 AM

The winners for our first weekly 25% giveaway have been chosen! And I forgot to post it here immediately after  Roll Eyes

Congratulations to n0xblade, who takes the first prize of 693 888, and our runner-up, boobslayerxxx (haha cute name) winning 346.5 888! Payments were dispatched immediately.

Tune in next week for another giveaway!

The pool needs more hashes, guys! More miners equals bigger prizes for you guys!

Don't forget about our domain name change tomorrow. http://octocoinpool.tk is changing to http://888.fedaykin.us

Main site: http://888.fedaykin.us - Stratums: 888US.fedaykin.us:3333 (USA) & 888SG.fedaykin.us:3333 (Singapore). In case it becomes unreachable for awhile, use 192.241.241.127:3333 for mining. I will set up the old domain names to forward but I don't know if that works for stratum TCP traffic or not. Anyone know?

trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:13:37 PM

Coin is not even on the vote list of Cryptsy.
Cryptorush.in it is number 5 on the Vote list, but the volume there is way too low to make this coin succesfull.

Dev hasnt updated the OP in a long while and hasnt posted there.

I have seen this before with other pump and dump coins, it means it is time to abandon ship and sell.

Unless the DEV does something visible to bring this coin back to the attention of people.
DEV, please tell us how we can help!
bananahoho

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:16:26 PM

this coins will be in my wallet
boobslayerxxx

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:41:05 PM

The winners for our first weekly 25% giveaway have been chosen! And I forgot to post it here immediately after  Roll Eyes

Congratulations to n0xblade, who takes the first prize of 693 888, and our runner-up, boobslayerxxx (haha cute name) winning 346.5 888! Payments were dispatched immediately.

Tune in next week for another giveaway!

The pool needs more hashes, guys! More miners equals bigger prizes for you guys!

Don't forget about our domain name change tomorrow. http://[Suspicious link removed] is changing to http://888.fedaykin.us

Main site: http://888.fedaykin.us - Stratums: 888US.fedaykin.us:3333 (USA) & 888SG.fedaykin.us:3333 (Singapore). In case it becomes unreachable for awhile, use 192.241.241.127:3333 for mining. I will set up the old domain names to forward but I don't know if that works for stratum TCP traffic or not. Anyone know?

woooooooo I've never won anything in my life! I think I might cry.
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

Coin is not even on the vote list of Cryptsy.
Cryptorush.in it is number 5 on the Vote list, but the volume there is way too low to make this coin succesfull.

Dev hasnt updated the OP in a long while and hasnt posted there.

I have seen this before with other pump and dump coins, it means it is time to abandon ship and sell.

Unless the DEV does something visible to bring this coin back to the attention of people.
DEV, please tell us how we can help!

The Dev posted 2 days ago and the coin has been released a whole 9 days!!  I swear when it comes to the crypto game, people have zero patience.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: