Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

I wouldnt recommend Cryptorush exchange.

Theyve been hacked recently.

they've been hacked repeatedly. at this point octo has no other choice. until mintpal or cryptsy get us that's it. these other small exchanges are nice and i have some octo on a few of them, but they do not have the volume. at this point cryptorush is the only exchange with any volume. and it's still lower volume and most of the users there were too worried about blackcoin to really put too much time into trading octo. but yeah it had problems with DDOSing way before they picked octo up and i'm sure it will continue. even if the majority of miners agreed to only trade on smaller exchanges who says they won't get hacked. not to mention without buyers it means nothing.

my only issue with cryptorush so far is the login doesn't always work.

other than that they can't really control if others are DDOSing them repeatedly. even mintpal get's DDOSed and I would much rather trade octo there.

keep voting for mintpal!

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:31:31 PM

I hope this doesn't bother anyone, but I would like to share this with the community I'm invested in. I’m doing a study on digital currencies, and I made a short survey about it. I would be more than pleased, if you could answer to this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15GwSRZlWydQjK6zMCGeLr4fKdY79UGZx3xp-5eko3Dg/viewform Thanks guys!

done.

Thanks! I really do appreciate the effort. I know that surveys are the most boring thing after watching paint dry Tongue. On a octonote, I really hope we get to MintPal or other reputable/reliable exchange soon, so we can trade without worrying about the exchange getting hacked or other stupid things like that.

no prob. that was a fairly painless and short survey... you did it right.

as for mintpal, amen. although, even they get DDOSed. but yeah, i cannot wait to get on mint or cryptsy.

some of these other exchanges aren't really that bad. prelude.io, cryptoaltex and bittrex are really nice looking and functioning exchanges but they just don't have the volume. it's bad to see a list of miners setting sales and having no buyers lol. good luck to all three of those exchanges though. i will still keep tabs on them and trade on any coins that have some volume on those exchanges. never hurts to have some backup exchanges and help them grow.

homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:58:35 AM

So if every block that I solomined was an orphan, then why does my wallet count these as valid blocks and add them to the total, why are they in the block explorer?  Why did the wallet create new addresses for each block?

If this was normal then every pool would have issues with negative balances. Their wallet would say they have more coins than they actually do just as mine does.
Yes I remember clearly the dev trying to persuade people not to solomine. He should have been honest about it and told them there was an issue with the first wallet creating new addresses with each found block that can not be accessed. It's one thing if solomining is difficult and most people don't have enough hash power to do it, it's a completely different thing if none of the found blocks go to the correct address.
homey108

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:18:02 AM

The worst part is that you can't solomine this one.  Every single one of my solomined coins are gone. Sure I can mine more, but they don't "count" they don't go to the right address and show up on the block explorer. Haven't heard a peep out of the dev on this issue. I've never had this issue with any other coin.

How many solo mined coins did you lose?

I've been able to solo successfully, when difficulty allows.

I've been able to solo successfully too, but the coins mined don't exist.

Check your account balance in your wallet against the two block explorers.

How do I do that?

I just deleted and re-downloaded the block chain and everything is still in my wallet, including solo mined coins, doesn't that mean they're safe?

Maybe, maybe not.  My coins are in my wallet just not showing up in the block explorer. So basically if I tried to send them to somebody or an exchange they would never receive them even though they are "in" my wallet.

It's a really strange issue, the coins are each sitting in a new wallet address. Each time I found a block it created a new random address that nobody can get to.  Each of these addresses contain a single 888 coin block and nothing more according to the block explorer. I've never seen a wallet do this sort of thing while solomining. Clearly some coding error that maybe was fixed in the "b" version of the wallet.  All my solomining was done in the first days after launch, there was no updated version at that time.  I never did see any release notes or info regarding the upgrade to the new wallet on this thread so I'm not sure if this was one of the fixes or not, just guessing. Always guessing with this coin/dev.

Yes framealife I mentioned this issue before on this thread, as with most everything else it was ignored. It is looking like the dev cashed out and abandoned the project.

I have exactly the same "random" addresses you describe in my Octocoin wallet for mined coins, same as I do for any other solo mined coin, albeit with many other coins there is less randomness and the addresses repeat more often but some coins wallets have the same variation as Octo.  I thought these were sender addresses? AFAIK you can't simply put one address in the block explorer and have it return your wallet balance.  It sounds like you just had a problem with one or more transactions and maybe something is corrupted?  As I said, I am able to send and receive coins without issues and it seems like everybody else is too?  I am using v1.0.0.1b

If you close your wallet, delete everything from your data folder except for wallet.dat and octocoin.conf, and then re-open your wallet and allow it to re-synch you should see the same as I did, i.e. all your coins still there.  Doing this in the past with other coin wallets has resolved some issues for me.  I've just tested both receiving from and sending to an exchange without a hitch.

Put your receive address in the block explorer and compare this account balance to the balance in your wallet. All these random addresses are in no mans land. If you put them in the block explorer you will see that they only contain the one mined transaction and I doubt anybody can access them regardless of the value showing in the wallet.
eeaweeaws

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:02:01 AM

smooth launch
good dev team
but almost no volume in any exchange, and lack of miner...... Sad
Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:31:52 AM

https://fusionhash.com/octocoin/

I can't log in and I'm getting no response form the support I'd get out of that pool if I was you . Looks like they stole my coins.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:37:56 AM

http://888.fedaykin.us upgraded to newest version of MPOS with an all-new look! Come check it out and mine with us at a low 0.8% fee!

OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:21:44 AM

Promised an update today and, of course, we still aren't quite ready. Basically, the plan was to post some teasers of the various projects we are working on and some official details on the projects nearing completion. We maintain that the true value in any alternative currency, at this stage, is within the software and services built around it and the development team behind it. We mentioned before that the first wave of releases will focus primarily on gaming and, as most of our major projects are directed toward business, we typically wouldn't have mixed gaming/gambling in along with the 888 world. However, the generous funding we have received to build OctoCoin-exclusive gaming will also help fund all other 888 development and this funding obviously influenced the 888 brand itself as well.

While I certainly apologize for the lack of daily updates and the slow replies to the many PMs we receive here and elsewhere, we are chewing through them. We have an 8-member development team and have really locked down collaboration and procedures which should help to fast-track the (beta) releases of our first wave of services. Keep in mind that all 8 members of the OctoCoin time have full-time jobs in addition to OctoCoin and we are somewhat scattered around the map a bit so, while 888 is certainly a lot more than just a side project to all of us, we are realistically less productive than we would prefer at this point. We hope that in the near future, all of us can focus on OctoCoin full-time.

We are software developers first, primarily from the startup world, and we are still learning the ropes of the marketing and PR side of crypto-currency - with the vast number of altcoin options out there, we understand the importance of steady information to assure everybody that their valuable hash power is being spent wisely. This is absolutely an area where we will continue to improve moving forward and we are joining forces with another individual with some extensive experience in the crypto world to assist us in the areas where we are weakest.

We appreciate the patience, enthusiasm, and dedication the members of the 888 community continue to display - without many of you handling the day-to-day tasks we would be even further behind schedule on our many projects. While we would love to see exchange volume and value go up considerably, this will certainly come with continued progress.

One of the major factors that motivated the launch of this project was the frustration of dedicated individuals being let down by empty promises. We nailed the hype and are slightly behind schedule on development but we will rearrange some of our releases to start the flow. Anybody can promise you the world but seeing is believing. Take a look around the altcoin wasteland and notice all of the empty promises, failed gimmicks, disappearing acts, all-out scams, and spoiled dreams - it's a shame. Also a shame is the negativity in the media surrounding crypto-currency in general - we're on the brink of a revolution and the majority of the world is failing to see it through the veil of misinformation and misdirection. Crypto-currency will change the world in the face of continued adversity just like Email and the Internet did before it; the parallels are uncanny. Fear and misinformation are powerful tools - people are trained to believe the media and psuedo-experts because most don't have the time or energy to draw their own conclusions. Yes much of the Internet fear was justified - the Internet resulted in the collapse of some of the most powerful companies in the world because instead of embracing the technology and pivoting, they fought a losing battle until the bitter end. just like the Internet before it, those that embrace the currency revolution early will thrive and those that refuse to adapt will fall. New banks continue to pop up on every street corner in America because they refuse to change - refuse to take a chance on something new; they know what has always worked and take comfort in it. Opportunity is knocking and (most) banks see it as a threat because decisions are being made at the top by boards dominated by old school executives with blinders on that don't even know how to turn on their DVD players. This change is imminent and, while OctoCoin itself may not be the future, we certainly intend to be a major factor in leading the charge.

Fear change and be left behind. When we put products and services at the fingertips of virtually every person on the planet that they can actually use and understand, we begin to gain momentum. We cannot reject the masses and leave behind the doubters and the disinterested - we need to check our arrogance and contempt at the door and bring them along with us. Bitcoin is great but, despite the staggering size of the community and the talent within, it still continues to float around between obscurity, confusion, and limbo. We are witnessing a massive change in its infancy and love it or hate it there is no going back. While Bitcoin will surely remain king of the hill for the foreseeable future, we opted to introduce a new currency to go along with a fresh perspective to separate ourselves from the massive amount of fear and misinformation surrounding this amazing technology.

We created OctoCoin because we truly believe it will prove to be an important piece of the puzzle. We understand the frustration of waiting but we hope you stick around - we've just dimmed the lights and the show is about to start.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:19:45 AM

Promised an update today and, of course, we still aren't quite ready. Basically, the plan was to post some teasers of the various projects we are working on and some official details on the projects nearing completion. We maintain that the true value in any alternative currency, at this stage, is within the software and services built around it and the development team behind it. We mentioned before that the first wave of releases will focus primarily on gaming and, as most of our major projects are directed toward business, we typically wouldn't have mixed gaming/gambling in along with the 888 world. However, the generous funding we have received to build OctoCoin-exclusive gaming will also help fund all other 888 development and this funding obviously influenced the 888 brand itself as well.

While I certainly apologize for the lack of daily updates and the slow replies to the many PMs we receive here and elsewhere, we are chewing through them. We have an 8-member development team and have really locked down collaboration and procedures which should help to fast-track the (beta) releases of our first wave of services. Keep in mind that all 8 members of the OctoCoin time have full-time jobs in addition to OctoCoin and we are somewhat scattered around the map a bit so, while 888 is certainly a lot more than just a side project to all of us, we are realistically less productive than we would prefer at this point. We hope that in the near future, all of us can focus on OctoCoin full-time.

We are software developers first, primarily from the startup world, and we are still learning the ropes of the marketing and PR side of crypto-currency - with the vast number of altcoin options out there, we understand the importance of steady information to assure everybody that their valuable hash power is being spent wisely. This is absolutely an area where we will continue to improve moving forward and we are joining forces with another individual with some extensive experience in the crypto world to assist us in the areas where we are weakest.

We appreciate the patience, enthusiasm, and dedication the members of the 888 community continue to display - without many of you handling the day-to-day tasks we would be even further behind schedule on our many projects. While we would love to see exchange volume and value go up considerably, this will certainly come with continued progress.

One of the major factors that motivated the launch of this project was the frustration of dedicated individuals being let down by empty promises. We nailed the hype and are slightly behind schedule on development but we will rearrange some of our releases to start the flow. Anybody can promise you the world but seeing is believing. Take a look around the altcoin wasteland and notice all of the empty promises, failed gimmicks, disappearing acts, all-out scams, and spoiled dreams - it's a shame. Also a shame is the negativity in the media surrounding crypto-currency in general - we're on the brink of a revolution and the majority of the world is failing to see it through the veil of misinformation and misdirection. Crypto-currency will change the world in the face of continued adversity just like Email and the Internet did before it; the parallels are uncanny. Fear and misinformation are powerful tools - people are trained to believe the media and psuedo-experts because most don't have the time or energy to draw their own conclusions. Yes much of the Internet fear was justified - the Internet resulted in the collapse of some of the most powerful companies in the world because instead of embracing the technology and pivoting, they fought a losing battle until the bitter end. just like the Internet before it, those that embrace the currency revolution early will thrive and those that refuse to adapt will fall. New banks continue to pop up on every street corner in America because they refuse to change - refuse to take a chance on something new; they know what has always worked and take comfort in it. Opportunity is knocking and (most) banks see it as a threat because decisions are being made at the top by boards dominated by old school executives with blinders on that don't even know how to turn on their DVD players. This change is imminent and, while OctoCoin itself may not be the future, we certainly intend to be a major factor in leading the charge.

Fear change and be left behind. When we put products and services at the fingertips of virtually every person on the planet that they can actually use and understand, we begin to gain momentum. We cannot reject the masses and leave behind the doubters and the disinterested - we need to check our arrogance and contempt at the door and bring them along with us. Bitcoin is great but, despite the staggering size of the community and the talent within, it still continues to float around between obscurity, confusion, and limbo. We are witnessing a massive change in its infancy and love it or hate it there is no going back. While Bitcoin will surely remain king of the hill for the foreseeable future, we opted to introduce a new currency to go along with a fresh perspective to separate ourselves from the massive amount of fear and misinformation surrounding this amazing technology.

We created OctoCoin because we truly believe it will prove to be an important piece of the puzzle. We understand the frustration of waiting but we hope you stick around - we've just dimmed the lights and the show is about to start.

Thanks for the update, and good to see you! This has been a disasteriffic day so I will re-read your post when I wake up, can't think straight anymore!

http://888.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee
**Block finder bonus**
New and improved look!
Come mine with one of the first, and one of the best!

napoleon2121

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:57:49 AM

[
NEW POOL FOR OCTOCOIN

STRATUM AND VARDIFF

BASED AT ULTRA FAST EU 64GB RAM HETZNER DETICATED SERVERS

1% fees to keep the pools up and running

PROP PAYOUTS

CHAT FUNCTION ENABLED

JOIN US NOW

0.3% BONUS TO FINDERS
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:29:59 AM

http://888.fedaykin.us upgraded to newest version of MPOS with an all-new look! Come check it out and mine with us at a low 0.8% fee!

Becouse you are the king,
giving us informations about 888 in past days.
I am now with u on ur pool,the reason is not reward or anything else.

Only becouse u are the good man.

Regards and support

XeTaMaX

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:30:07 AM

The worst part is that you can't solomine this one.  Every single one of my solomined coins are gone. Sure I can mine more, but they don't "count" they don't go to the right address and show up on the block explorer. Haven't heard a peep out of the dev on this issue. I've never had this issue with any other coin.

How many solo mined coins did you lose?

I've been able to solo successfully, when difficulty allows.

I've been able to solo successfully too, but the coins mined don't exist.

Check your account balance in your wallet against the two block explorers.

How do I do that?

I just deleted and re-downloaded the block chain and everything is still in my wallet, including solo mined coins, doesn't that mean they're safe?

Maybe, maybe not.  My coins are in my wallet just not showing up in the block explorer. So basically if I tried to send them to somebody or an exchange they would never receive them even though they are "in" my wallet.

It's a really strange issue, the coins are each sitting in a new wallet address. Each time I found a block it created a new random address that nobody can get to.  Each of these addresses contain a single 888 coin block and nothing more according to the block explorer. I've never seen a wallet do this sort of thing while solomining. Clearly some coding error that maybe was fixed in the "b" version of the wallet.  All my solomining was done in the first days after launch, there was no updated version at that time.  I never did see any release notes or info regarding the upgrade to the new wallet on this thread so I'm not sure if this was one of the fixes or not, just guessing. Always guessing with this coin/dev.

Yes framealife I mentioned this issue before on this thread, as with most everything else it was ignored. It is looking like the dev cashed out and abandoned the project.

I have exactly the same "random" addresses you describe in my Octocoin wallet for mined coins, same as I do for any other solo mined coin, albeit with many other coins there is less randomness and the addresses repeat more often but some coins wallets have the same variation as Octo.  I thought these were sender addresses? AFAIK you can't simply put one address in the block explorer and have it return your wallet balance.  It sounds like you just had a problem with one or more transactions and maybe something is corrupted?  As I said, I am able to send and receive coins without issues and it seems like everybody else is too?  I am using v1.0.0.1b

If you close your wallet, delete everything from your data folder except for wallet.dat and octocoin.conf, and then re-open your wallet and allow it to re-synch you should see the same as I did, i.e. all your coins still there.  Doing this in the past with other coin wallets has resolved some issues for me.  I've just tested both receiving from and sending to an exchange without a hitch.

Put your receive address in the block explorer and compare this account balance to the balance in your wallet. All these random addresses are in no mans land. If you put them in the block explorer you will see that they only contain the one mined transaction and I doubt anybody can access them regardless of the value showing in the wallet.

Sorry, but you're either trolling or there is something you're just not understanding.  You are just plain wrong.

I just moved my entire stash of Octocoin from one wallet to another in order to a) disprove your assertion and b) show some faith in the network sinc e I'm sure your posts will be denting confidence in 888.

I closed my wallet, renamed wallet.dat to wallet.dat.old, fired up the wallet and let it create a new wallet.dat.  I then copied the receive address and closed the wallet.  Then, renamed the new wallet.dat to wallet.dat.new, renamed the old wallet.dat.old back to wallet.dat and opened the wallet again with all my coins visible.  I then sent every last one of them to the receive address from the new wallet, closed down the wallet, renamed wallet.dat to wallet.dat.old again and wallet.dat.new back to wallet.dat. 

I then re-opened the wallet once more and sat for a while, looking at a completely empty wallet with heart in mouth.  It took a while and nothing happened so I went back to the old wallet and by then saw I'd had 3 confirmations, by the time I swapped back to the new wallet my coins were sat there with 7 confirmations.  Every last one of them. 

The only conclusion I can draw is that there is fundamentally nothing wrong with Octocoin, its performing exactly as it should.

Tx ID: f5a4019778672504bf3441ce1865151e66db3a42176a7bb858dec98f870347b7

The only "problem" you have is that your mined coins don't all show up as being received to the same address so you can't put one address in a block explorer and get your wallet balance.  I proffer that you just need to have faith that your wallet balance IS your wallet balance.

I don't think he's purposely trolling - I think the issue here is that he really just doesn't get how it works. Like you said, he thinks he should be able to put his one address in the block explorer and all solo mined coins are tied to it no matter what. When it doesn't work the way he thought it was supposed to his imagination started running wild and he started throwing around accusations based on his ignorance on the topic. Really not sure how he became so confident that he was right and the entire network was the problem. Obviously at this point, we have a case where the extent of his research is, "well with another coin it worked this way" - the bottom line is that, while there are a number of factors involved in his confusion, the network is fine and the case can be safely closed. I've been solo mining off and on since the first week and every single coin has worked just fine. This thread would be full of nothing but complaints if the entire network didn't work - he doesn't find it odd he's the only one having this "problem?"
SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Keep up the good work, edric!
much nicer looks

Now, all we're missing is some hash power back Cheesy
What you say guys? Join us Grin

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

https://fusionhash.com/octocoin/

I can't log in and I'm getting no response form the support I'd get out of that pool if I was you . Looks like they stole my coins.

Yeah, nobody is getting out of fusion hash. Did you try sending them an email and asking what's up? I highly doubt they stole your coins. Just because you're frustrated doesn't mean you come on here spreading BS.

I haven't had any issues with mining Octocoin at Fusionhash. I have had an issue with unlocking my account with my pin to withdraw my Megacoins I mined with fusionhash.... guess what? I didn't go on their thread saying they "stole my coins."

How about you delete that post and start over. It should go something like this:

Hi guys. I am currently mining Octocoin at Fusion Hash. For some reason I cannnot log in. I have tried to send an email to support and have not gotten a response. Does anyone know how long the turn around time typically is when you email them for support? Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be or anything I could try to resolve the issue?

Devs, when you read this post, I know you are in contact with Fusion Hash. Could you pass this information along so that I could figure out what is going on with my account!

Thanks!

That's prolly a little better than "they don't respond, i'd get out of that pool, they stole my coins."

Think before you type.

The end.

P.S. i give you permission to steal my work above since you are too lazy to communicate in a way that will solve your problem a lot quicker than crazy accusations and slander. You may copy and paste for your lazy convenience.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:24:26 PM

nice.

Becouse you are the king,
giving us informations about 888 in past days.
I am now with u on ur pool,the reason is not reward or anything else.

Only becouse u are the good man.

Regards and support

XeTaMaX

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

Lets share some hashes to Edric,realy god guy!!!!

http://888.fedaykin.us/

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:29:29 PM

thanks for the update. cannot wait to see some of the potential software.

sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

Give it more time..
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:36:32 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:04:38 PM by frameLAlife

This thread and community has been pretty tame compared to other alt coin threads i'm sure we've all been a part of previously.

But, dammit, there are some stupid motherfuckers out there still. Think before you put your thoughts on here.

Just spazzing out the first emo thoughts that enter your brain typically doesn't help you. We have all been there when you are irritated, frustrated, do not understand a problem or are scared you have lost your money. We know it sux.

It's crypto, it's the wild, wild, west and it's just part of it. You people need to develop some nerves of steel and learn how to communicate problems better.

If it looks or sounds crazy don't click post. Take a deep breath and rewrite that shit.

And this isn't a personal jab at you. I'm sure you are a nice, calm person in real life. But to all that have came here with their issues

That is all  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Edit: I should be nicer. no more ranting Smiley

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Lets share some hashes to Edric,realy god guy!!!!

http://888.fedaykin.us/

Edric is god? i knew there was something special about him Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: