Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:42:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:19:08 AM

Devs, any status update on the tipbot for reddit? will you be posting it there when it's ready? thanks!

We will, yes. We have registered /r/octocointip and /u/octocointip - we will begin getting these sections updated this evening and get the Tip Bot linked up live.

We definitely want to get it out tonight along with all of the other items which have already been completed.

You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work! My pool is doing superb as well. We're not huge, about 13% of the network, but we're mining at a decent enough rate. I got the block explorer integrated into our system, seems your DNS has propagated already. I'm happy to say we're not experiencing any more payout issues and we're chugging along happily. This coming Saturday we're doing a 25% giveaway, so don't forget to mine and receive a payout to be entered in the drawing! I don't have an exact estimate for the prize yet but it'll definitely be enough to buy beer or pizza!

Ugh, I can't think about beer or pizza right now.. I just had a bad batch of nachos.

I've been doing quite well at your pool. FusionHash is working on taking over the world so I'd much rather support a smaller pool. You gotta fix the URL under your bitcointalk avatar though. It should be octocoinpool not octocoin.

Oh, good catch. It's funny because I looked right at it earlier and didn't notice, and in another thread I typed the same thing, when it was supposed to be a completely different URL.. I need to stop typing when I'm sleepy. I really appreciate everyone's support for my pool! We may not be big and we may not take over the world, but I hope I still provide a valuable service all the same. Having less users also means I'm able to provide more personal and prompt service to my users should they experience issues. I will always do what it takes to make sure you get what you earn. We may not be the biggest and the best, or richest, but if we ever make it there, it'll be because of you, the community and miners, which is why I dedicate myself to this endeavor so fiercely.

Since everything's running smoothly for now, I think it's time to play some FFXI...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eeaweeaws

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:43:08 AM

love this coin but so far i think there it's not enough promotion and miners
i am worried about when we reach day 9, block reward change to 88, will most of the miner dump their coins Huh
when the new miners know first 8 days we got 888 per block, will they join Huh
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:54:24 AM

i am worried about when we reach day 9, block reward change to 88, will most of the miner dump their coins Huh

Well, I think a lot of people will dump, but if we can keep people mining, those that hold on to their coins may be rewarded for it later down the line. It'll probably rise in value later on after the block rewards decrease to 88, hopefully. It hit a high of .00002499 today, I'm betting it can go higher than that. Tomorrow I need to scour the thread, I'm not sure what all exchanges we're on so far. I'll put them in a news post in the pool as well. For now though, I'm off to bed. Pool's at 115MH right now, going strong!

medialx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:13:12 AM

it needs to be profitable for people to mine..

when the current 888 block runs out..this is going to be the most un-profitable coin..

we will see how it goes..
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:18:57 AM

Keep in mind it's quite early - OctoCoin just launched ~60 hours ago. Since launch, OctoCoin has maintained an average hash rate that places it in the top 5 for all scrypt-based coins and there have been over 8,000 OctoCoin downloads - I would say we are off to a great start.

Early on, even the most successful coins have limited services and exchange support - the lure is in the increased mining returns. Sure people may dump their coins - at modest volumes, OctoCoin offers one of the best returns out there right now.

Also, while the upcoming reward drop-off is steep, it is not as steep as most people seem to be concluding. The block reward drops to 88 OctoCoins per block, correct, but there will also be ~123 blocks/day containing 888 OctoCoins. Early miners are taking the biggest risk and, therefore, receive the biggest rewards.

We anticipate a slight drop-off when the block reward drops as obviously ROI will drop dramatically. However, we expect network speed to slowly roll back up as OctoCoin gains traction via new services, a stronger community, and additional exchange listings. All of this will begin to increase exposure and, ultimately, the value. It shouldn't take long before the same-day ROI is right back to today's levels, at the same difficulty, even with the reduced rewards.

Marketing, promotion, and community building will all come with time. OctoCoin has just been born - we need to feed it and give it time to grow. Anybody dumping now or in the near future is either desperate or extremely short-sighted. We created OctoCoin to be a game changer and it will absolutely change the game. For now, enjoy these mining returns and low prices while they last. It's good to separate OctoCoins from weak hands as it strengthens the power in the end.
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:20:29 AM

Does anyone know the owner of fusionhash? I am missing my coins from the pool Sad

I hired a 15MH rig, it was all going well i launched it before i went to sleep several hours later I check and there are 7k coins..

I get home from work and now there are 2k and a lot of fees taken out Sad

I am very new to this and profoundly dissapointed.

Transactions https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwOzGGdecfwgNUhzLXd6a3ZfZXc/edit?usp=drivesdk
Dashboard https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwOzGGdecfwgdDRoWVl6aUw1Njg/edit?usp=drivesdk

WTF Sad

Please if someone can help me

fixed it

1 my wallet was opened all day and showing as synced but i closed it and reopened it and synced again and coins are in
2 i didnt know about Debit_AP, status Confirmed filter. I just assumed all the transactions were listed by default Smiley

Phew Smiley
lametom

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:23:36 AM

Any coin that is a game changer is highly promoted socially or DOES something. Since Octocoin isn't being highly promoted socially, what is something it might do to make it a "game changer" as you say (just one real thing, common, one thing)... Many statements like "powerful business component", "most compelling cryptocurrency in history", and "most technologically advanced services" have been made along with some mysterious connection to SXSW which has never been explained and are currently all talk and don't change any games, at all...
paniczklos

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:37:13 AM

OctoCoin p2pool node - Amsterdam, EU
COME ON GUYS - WE NEED YOUR MHS ! Wink
LOW DOA

BIGGER PAYOUTS THAN IN A STRATUM MINE !!
DDOS RESISTANT

http://freebtc.eu:8888/
1% fee
ALSO REMEMBER THAT PAYOUT GOES STRAIGHT TO YOUR WALLET AFTER EACH BLOCK !! YOURPAYMENTS WILL GROW OVER TIME (2-4 hours) SO DON'T PANIC IF YOU GET SMALL PAYOUTS AT THE BEGINNING

USAGE:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o freebtc.eu:8888-u your_wallet_address -p x

Here's how the p2pool works : http://forum.netcodepool.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=672
willempie

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:38:48 AM

Does anyone know the owner of fusionhash? I am missing my coins from the pool Sad

I hired a 15MH rig, it was all going well i launched it before i went to sleep several hours later I check and there are 7k coins..

I get home from work and now there are 2k and a lot of fees taken out Sad

I am very new to this and profoundly dissapointed.

Transactions https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwOzGGdecfwgNUhzLXd6a3ZfZXc/edit?usp=drivesdk
Dashboard https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwOzGGdecfwgdDRoWVl6aUw1Njg/edit?usp=drivesdk

WTF Sad

Please if someone can help me

fixed it

1 my wallet was opened all day and showing as synced but i closed it and reopened it and synced again and coins are in
2 i didnt know about Debit_AP, status Confirmed filter. I just assumed all the transactions were listed by default Smiley

Phew Smiley

Was it profitable at all??
nail

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:39:17 AM

It's good to separate OctoCoins from weak hands as it strengthens the power in the end.

I've heard the phrase "weak hands" said by someone before.

Having said that, I like this coin so far - profitable to mine.
I wonder what the announcement on the 8th day will be...
Sanasol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:46:08 AM

My Explorer version http://explorer2.sancrypto.info/chain/OctoCoin
 Wink

Tips: 8QJQssEz9kazoQn9BADg3uQjH76UTSEfHp
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:00:35 AM

Any coin that is a game changer is highly promoted socially or DOES something. Since Octocoin isn't being highly promoted socially, what is something it might do to make it a "game changer" as you say (just one real thing, common, one thing)... Many statements like "powerful business component", "most compelling cryptocurrency in history", and "most technologically advanced services" have been made along with some mysterious connection to SXSW which has never been explained and are currently all talk and don't change any games, at all...

Huh

The dev just got done saying the coin has only been out for 60 hours lol. The OctoCoin subreddit is becoming more active and there is supposedly a tip bot on the way. There are quite a few people tweeting about it and 888 is getting votes on several exchanges. There are 25 26 pages in this thread and the dev just got done saying it's been in the top 5 in average network hash power since it launched (for scrypt coins.) When you figure there are over 150 active scrypt coins top 5 isn't bad for being just over 2 days since 888 was released with limited info. My guess is the early bonus reward blocks are promotion enough for right now. There have been 8000 wallets downloaded in just over 2 days? That's a crazy number. FusionHash reported over 4000 registrations at their 888 pool? That's nutty man. What the hell is it with you people in such a rush to pull out all of the stops immediately? Are you that desperate to dump your coins that you're going to sit in here and whine that things aren't moving fast enough after 2 days? If you aren't happy with where things are at maybe you could put some effort in if you stand to gain from it. I know I plan to start chipping in with community building soon. My guess is all of these questions will be answered with time and if you are too impatient to wait more than 2 days for everything to be fully developed and marketed you don't deserve the rewards - don't let the door hit you on the way out. After the block rewards drop it will become more critical to begin other promotions only an idiot would expect every single promotion to be run at once immediately at launch. These guys claim they didn't build 888 to be a pump-and-dump so if that's what you're looking for you are in the wrong place. Maybe it's all bullshit and there is nothing here just like every other coin - who knows - all I know is these guys are well connected and 888 seems to be cruising along from where I'm sitting. They launched with a great website, great wallet, great pools, have the best looking block explorer I've ever seen. These current blocks are so huge that right now it's not even a gamble to mine - even if all of the devs are dead everybody mining right now stands to make a nice profit.

Sorry to rant but I just can't stand impatient whiners that have to shit all of over everything. The crypto world is full of them and they always end up poor because they are horrible decision makers. Eventually they will be weeded out.

I'm loving this coin so far and everybody I talk to that has been mining it seems super cool. Profitability on everything else right now is a joke and barely covers the power bill so I might as well take a chance on something that could be big. Yes info and updates have been thin - who cares? At least wait a week before throwing a tantrum.
xploreredfusion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:17:12 AM

EU P2POOL
http://xploreredfusion.no-ip.biz:8888

24/24h.
Located in Italy (100 Mbps Fiber ) + Backup 4g Connection.
8 GB RAM
8 CORE
1% FEE.
JOIN NOW! ALREADY 100 Mh/s!

http://xploreredfusion.no-ip.biz:8888-u "YOUR ADDRESS" -p x
http://93.58.32.234:8888 -u "YOUR ADDRESS" -p x
  • No registration. Point your miner and go!
  • Automatic payout every block, increasing over the time
lametom

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:13:55 AM

Huh

The dev just got done saying the coin has only been out for 60 hours lol. The OctoCoin subreddit is becoming more active and there is supposedly a tip bot on the way. There are quite a few people tweeting about it and 888 is getting votes on several exchanges. There are 25 26 pages in this thread and the dev just got done saying it's been in the top 5 in average network hash power since it launched (for scrypt coins.) When you figure there are over 150 active scrypt coins top 5 isn't bad for being just over 2 days since 888 was released with limited info. My guess is the early bonus reward blocks are promotion enough for right now. There have been 8000 wallets downloaded in just over 2 days? That's a crazy number. FusionHash reported over 4000 registrations at their 888 pool? That's nutty man. What the hell is it with you people in such a rush to pull out all of the stops immediately? Are you that desperate to dump your coins that you're going to sit in here and whine that things aren't moving fast enough after 2 days? If you aren't happy with where things are at maybe you could put some effort in if you stand to gain from it. I know I plan to start chipping in with community building soon. My guess is all of these questions will be answered with time and if you are too impatient to wait more than 2 days for everything to be fully developed and marketed you don't deserve the rewards - don't let the door hit you on the way out. After the block rewards drop it will become more critical to begin other promotions only an idiot would expect every single promotion to be run at once immediately at launch. These guys claim they didn't build 888 to be a pump-and-dump so if that's what you're looking for you are in the wrong place. Maybe it's all bullshit and there is nothing here just like every other coin - who knows - all I know is these guys are well connected and 888 seems to be cruising along from where I'm sitting. They launched with a great website, great wallet, great pools, have the best looking block explorer I've ever seen. These current blocks are so huge that right now it's not even a gamble to mine - even if all of the devs are dead everybody mining right now stands to make a nice profit.

Sorry to rant but I just can't stand impatient whiners that have to shit all of over everything. The crypto world is full of them and they always end up poor because they are horrible decision makers. Eventually they will be weeded out.

I'm loving this coin so far and everybody I talk to that has been mining it seems super cool. Profitability on everything else right now is a joke and barely covers the power bill so I might as well take a chance on something that could be big. Yes info and updates have been thin - who cares? At least wait a week before throwing a tantrum.

Woah buddy! I was trying to have a little fun there. I have enjoyed the "mysteriousness of this coin" - its been quite entertaining. I just think its funny how there have been so many grand claims (as I quoted), but absolutely no evidence. Maybe it's their strategy or maybe it's bs. Maybe it is leading up to a big pump and dump or maybe it's gonna have real value. I don't know. I certainly am not being impatient, just asking for something real after all the big claims (had absolutely no response from the devs). You don't think there is any bullshit? Go look at the 2,000 followers octocoin has and you will see that the majority of them are purchased as evidence in the similarity of their names, most are following nearly 2000 (the maximum without being followed back proportionately) and hardly followed by anyone. You are too quick to believe you know what I am doing. I was just having a little fun dude. Really, why would you assume I'm trying to dump or make money by my post. Chill out bra. I don't know who you or who these octocoin people are and I don't want to know. This is a forum for discussion, not accusations of my motives and character as based on a post I made out of curiosity and fun. Fun reading your response though!

And dude, many of the handful of successful coins were clear about their motives, didn't make mysterious grand claims, and had excellent, legitimate social communities from the get go. Curiosity and transparency are healthy. Mystery is fun too! No need to freak out though. That figure about the 8,000 wallet download comes from the dev, who is extremely secretive and I have no way of knowing if that is true or not... I didn't even attack the dev who you seem to be very careful to defend. Seems a bit odd how defensive you became from my original statement. I didn't even shit on anything or whine, man LOL. Like a loaded gun...
medialx

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:25:45 AM

lol @ the 2k followers on twitter..oh my..didnt know that till you pointed out..always thought the 2k were legit...
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:33:23 AM

Yes, the twitterthing is really bad... maybe they should create a new one
makishart
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:44:45 AM

My Explorer version http://explorer2.sancrypto.info/chain/OctoCoin
 Wink

Tips: 8QJQssEz9kazoQn9BADg3uQjH76UTSEfHp

Looks awesome! Cheesy

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
makishart
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:45:41 AM

Vote here for 888 on bittrex!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510676

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:46:35 AM

I'm just defending the coin in general. I couldn't care less about how many twitter followers and tweets have been made 2 days after a coin is released and I couldn't care less about how massive the community is 2 days after a coin is released. In all honesty, I'd prefer a lower difficulty right now so I can mine more coins! It's averaged a gigahash since minutes after launch and you think it needs a bigger social media campaign already? I'd just rather mine the coin and let the devs continue as planned because it's in their best interest to do so too. I've been impressed by everything I've seen so far and while I agree there are a lot of questions I have since I cannot get a response either, I'm guessing they will be answered eventually. I just hate to see coin devs wasting time answering the same dumb questions over and over by people that are just going to miss the boat or dump. Either coin devs are full of shit or they aren't but wasting their time isn't going to get people to the finish line faster. I really thought the mining would slow down a bit by now and it really hasn't. Good or bad, I'd rather wait until the blocks drop to start bringing in more people. It's great that I know "moviecoin" is "a coin for movies" but that doesn't sound like something that would interest me.
comppi

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:49:22 AM

8th day of this coin is probably the make or break day. Looking forward on devs incentives to miners to keep this coin alive. Still the most fun speculative coin I've come across and most of us in this thread seem like a really great people. Just my 2 octos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: