Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
SuperSta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:47:49 AM

http://octo.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Current Pool Hashrate: ~110 MH/s
Current Pool Workers: 40
Fee: 0%
Block Finders Bonus: 3 (0.33%)
Block Reward Bonus: 0.11%
Total Potential Bonus: 0.44% (per block)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:49:27 AM

this coin is very hand some
LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:55:57 AM

https://d99a2073cc2f0bc92a42-49c7a07437e2e6ff3ff05a3f2fc4c982.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/octocoin/images/octocoin_logo_200x200.png

North American P2Pool nodes for Octocoin

Los Angeles stratum+tcp://uswest.betterthancash.net:8888

Sample cgminer conf
"url" : "stratum+tcp://uswest.betterthancash.net:8888",
"user" : "<Your Octocoin Wallet Address>",
"pass" : "<Random String>"

*NEW* Chicago stratum+tcp://chicago.betterthancash.net:8888

Sample cgminer conf
"url" : "stratum+tcp://chicago.betterthancash.net:8888",
"user" : "<Your Octocoin Wallet Address>",
"pass" : "<Random String>"

Why p2pool?
Payout directly to your Octocoin Wallet, no TX fee
No way to rip you off!
DDOS resistant (Add second p2pool node as fallback)
All Nodes work together as one pool.
0.5% blockfinder bonus!

P2Pool Nodescanner
http://octoscanner.qemulab.com/

IRC
#p2pool-888
Block announcements and P2Pool related Questions

If you want to setup your own Node use this Repo
https://github.com/TheoRettisch/p2pool-octocoin/

P2P_PORT: 9488
WORKER_PORT: 8888

* Yes while the geoip feature of the node scanner says we're in Buffalo, NY (which is where our server provider is based) traceroute says we're in Los Angeles and Chicago!
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:36:35 PM

Source updated on GitHub + updated Windows and Mac OS X wallets released. Although not required, we do suggest updating at your earliest convenience.

Is there a requirement for the version of Mac OSX. I noticed most OSX wallets I download do not work including this one.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

It's no biggie. I'm running the Windows wallet already. Just curious if you have to have Mavericks or Lion/Mountain Lion versions of OSX.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
Zellor224

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:51:13 PM

Xnigma has a cool design, but, my god this is soooooo laggy. Hope we can join some real exchange asap
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Xnigma has a cool design, but, my god this is soooooo laggy. Hope we can join some real exchange asap

agreed!

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:14:35 PM

Keep voting on Crytorush.in, 888 is rising quickly!  You can vote every hour and traders with a lot of volume can vote 16 times per hour, we should be able to push it up fast!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
Zellor224

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

Keep voting on Crytorush.in, 888 is rising quickly!  You can vote every hour and traders with a lot of volume can vote 16 times per hour, we should be able to push it up fast!

After I complained for mylost zeitcoins, they put me back to rank 0... Worst exchange ever )):
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:09:50 PM

I believe he's just now really getting started, remember, he's gotta run wallets for every coin he supports plus all his web scripts and backend stuff. He's likely trying to save money on server costs while he builds his little empire. If people support his exchange he'll get it up to speed.

SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:32:07 PM

http://octo.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Current Pool Hashrate: ~110 MH/s
Current Pool Workers: 44
Fee: 0%
Block Finders Bonus: 3 (0.33%)
Block Reward Bonus: 0.11%
Total Potential Bonus: 0.44% (per block)
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

I believe he's just now really getting started, remember, he's gotta run wallets for every coin he supports plus all his web scripts and backend stuff. He's likely trying to save money on server costs while he builds his little empire. If people support his exchange he'll get it up to speed.

I'll vouch for Xnigma.  The guy who runs the site is super nice and friendly and has done a lot since the exchange launched less than a month ago.  It's still coming along.  Good little chat box with a lot of active members.  Hard getting volume on the exchange when everyone comes on there and just wants their new coin added!  Yes, there have been some hiccups here and there, but it's a good place to start! 

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510676

getting killed 80 to 56. know anyone that can vote?

CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:59:41 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

888.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTION!
0% Lifetime Octocoin Pool Fees for the 1st 88 Miners who sign up and Mine at our Pool!
* This does not apply to the Mandatory 0.8% Donation Fee to Charity, only Pool Fees

BRAND NEW - Need Miners!
Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.8% donation fee goes to The Water Project this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups, DDOS Protection
0.8% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.8% Pool Fees (0% lifetime for 1st 88 Miners who sign up and Mine), 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Zellor224

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

I mean downtime is up to 10hours a day, laggy was an euphemism  Wink
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

While checking things out this morning I noticed a major oversight on my part. When things got moved around for added stability, I forgot to point octostratum2 to the new wallet location, so it's been sitting there doing a lot of nothing! If anyone's wondering why they couldn't mine on it, it's because of sysop stupidity! It's fixed now, so anyone mining in Europe or that side of the globe, if you notice rejected shares, please use octostratum2.tk:3333.

Meanwhile, the pool at octocoinpool.tk is chugging along nicely, staying steady at 85MH, but we could definitely use more miners! Saturday is our first 25% giveaway and it's not too late to come mine with us for your chance to win! I have added a live webchat link to the site as well, if you have any issues or just want to say hi, you can reach me in there, unless I'm at work or sleeping.

If things keep going the way they've been going, I may get to quit my lousy job at Dollar General soon and be a full time sysop, wouldn't that be nice? The only good thing about that job is hiding the 90% off items so we can buy them for ourselves, haha!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

While checking things out this morning I noticed a major oversight on my part. When things got moved around for added stability, I forgot to point octostratum2 to the new wallet location, so it's been sitting there doing a lot of nothing! If anyone's wondering why they couldn't mine on it, it's because of sysop stupidity! It's fixed now, so anyone mining in Europe or that side of the globe, if you notice rejected shares, please use [Suspicious link removed]:3333.

Meanwhile, the pool at [Suspicious link removed] is chugging along nicely, staying steady at 85MH, but we could definitely use more miners! Saturday is our first 25% giveaway and it's not too late to come mine with us for your chance to win! I have added a live webchat link to the site as well, if you have any issues or just want to say hi, you can reach me in there, unless I'm at work or sleeping.

If things keep going the way they've been going, I may get to quit my lousy job at Dollar General soon and be a full time sysop, wouldn't that be nice? The only good thing about that job is hiding the 90% off items so we can buy them for ourselves, haha!

Good luck with that! I always cheer for anyone that can quit a grind job like that to do something they like or love to do. Keep up the good work! When I add my next rig i'm gonna check out your pool.

ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:29:09 PM

While checking things out this morning I noticed a major oversight on my part. When things got moved around for added stability, I forgot to point octostratum2 to the new wallet location, so it's been sitting there doing a lot of nothing! If anyone's wondering why they couldn't mine on it, it's because of sysop stupidity! It's fixed now, so anyone mining in Europe or that side of the globe, if you notice rejected shares, please use [Suspicious link removed]:3333.

Meanwhile, the pool at [Suspicious link removed] is chugging along nicely, staying steady at 85MH, but we could definitely use more miners! Saturday is our first 25% giveaway and it's not too late to come mine with us for your chance to win! I have added a live webchat link to the site as well, if you have any issues or just want to say hi, you can reach me in there, unless I'm at work or sleeping.

Best of luck, and may the force be with you!

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Source updated on GitHub + updated Windows and Mac OS X wallets released. Although not required, we do suggest updating at your earliest convenience.

Just to clarify does the source need to updated for pool owners?

No - it's an optional upgrade across the board.
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

Is there a requirement for the version of Mac OSX. I noticed most OSX wallets I download do not work including this one.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

It's no biggie. I'm running the Windows wallet already. Just curious if you have to have Mavericks or Lion/Mountain Lion versions of OSX.

Interesting - we have confirmed that it runs on Mountain Lion and Mavericks. We built it with support for older versions of OS X but have not tested them. What happens when you attempt to install it?
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

Just to clarify does the source need to updated for pool owners?

No - it's an optional upgrade across the board.

What has been changed in the new version?

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: