Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

The worst part is that you can't solomine this one.  Every single one of my solomined coins are gone. Sure I can mine more, but they don't "count" they don't go to the right address and show up on the block explorer. Haven't heard a peep out of the dev on this issue.

I've not had a problem solo mining. Doesn't make much sense for me since I only have 2 mh (about 1% of the average hash rate) meaning I only average finding a block once every few hours but this has nothing to do with a flaw in 888. I started solo mining after a couple pools had issues yesterday but will go back to the pools when I get a minute. Pretty obvious to me that you didn't set a low enough --expiry and were just finding orphans. Unless you have at least 25 mh you were solo mining with and had a reasonable expiry your post is the dumbest post in this thread. 888 has been out for 3 weeks, 50+ pages later nobody else has ever had this issue, and you haven't heard a peep out of the dev regarding this issue because it doesn't exist and you, the only person to ever have the issue, have never posted about it before once. Why in the hell wouldn't your first assumption be that it's something on your end?  Huh Sorry about the tone but like I said before I'm just so fed up with clueless people being convinced they know what they're talking about and pointing fingers. It's so frustrating and it's really hindering crypto. I guess we'll see if the dev has anything to add  Roll Eyes

Yeah I thought everything was fine until I decided to check my balance against the block explorer. I've never had this issue with solomining other coins.

Keep your shitty  "better than others" attitude to yourself. If you have a contribution and sincerely want to help someone then by all means help. If your only motivation is to put people down and be a tool, then stay off the keyboard. Nothing to be gained by rudeness, much better to either keep quiet or work to create a friendly community of sharing and mutual learning and profit.
homey108

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:07:33 PM

Yeah, I'm sure I can send and receive fine except for those particular coins. They don't appear to be "mine" to send. They show up in the balance on my wallet but I'm starting to think that doesn't mean much.

napoleon2121

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:24:03 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 10:58:00 PM by napoleon2121

[
NEW POOL FOR OCTOCOIN

STRATUM AND VARDIFF

BASED AT ULTRA FAST EU 64GB RAM HETZNER DETICATED SERVERS

1% fees to keep the pools up and running

PROP PAYOUTS

CHAT FUNCTION ENABLED

JOIN US NOW

0.3% BONUS TO FINDERS
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

[07:08] <ddoser> hi
[07:08] <ddoser> im now dos attack you
[07:09] <ddoser> why you don work&

No.

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:54:29 PM

http://888.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee
Dedicated sysop
Weekly 888 giveaway
**Block Finder Bonus** -New!

One of the first and one of the best, but we need -you- if we're going to survive. If we can get back to previous hash levels, I'm wanting to crank up the block finder bonus a little bit higher!

I don't know if everyone else sees it, my image is cut off, and it doesn't matter what image host I use, it shows up the same everywhere. Strange. Also, my posts are stuck at 168.

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:14:56 PM

Yes framealife I mentioned this issue before on this thread, as with most everything else it was ignored. It is looking like the dev cashed out and abandoned the project.

I guess it was overlooked when page after page started piling up when there was 2 gh hitting the 888 network. The dev just posted yesterday and OctoCoin is doing just fine. By the look of volume nobody has cashed out?

The worst part is that you can't solomine this one.  Every single one of my solomined coins are gone. Sure I can mine more, but they don't "count" they don't go to the right address and show up on the block explorer. Haven't heard a peep out of the dev on this issue.

I've not had a problem solo mining. Doesn't make much sense for me since I only have 2 mh (about 1% of the average hash rate) meaning I only average finding a block once every few hours but this has nothing to do with a flaw in 888. I started solo mining after a couple pools had issues yesterday but will go back to the pools when I get a minute. Pretty obvious to me that you didn't set a low enough --expiry and were just finding orphans. Unless you have at least 25 mh you were solo mining with and had a reasonable expiry your post is the dumbest post in this thread. 888 has been out for 3 weeks, 50+ pages later nobody else has ever had this issue, and you haven't heard a peep out of the dev regarding this issue because it doesn't exist and you, the only person to ever have the issue, have never posted about it before once. Why in the hell wouldn't your first assumption be that it's something on your end?  Huh Sorry about the tone but like I said before I'm just so fed up with clueless people being convinced they know what they're talking about and pointing fingers. It's so frustrating and it's really hindering crypto. I guess we'll see if the dev has anything to add  Roll Eyes

Yeah I thought everything was fine until I decided to check my balance against the block explorer. I've never had this issue with solomining other coins.

Keep your shitty  "better than others" attitude to yourself. If you have a contribution and sincerely want to help someone then by all means help. If your only motivation is to put people down and be a tool, then stay off the keyboard. Nothing to be gained by rudeness, much better to either keep quiet or work to create a friendly community of sharing and mutual learning and profit.

This is why I responded with rudeness to your comments because you're sitting around complaining about a nonexistent issue and you don't understand how mining works. I'd be happy to help if you asked a question or asked for an explanation but instead you come in here and immediately spread false information and confusion. I have an attitude about it because I am invested in this coin and communicate with the dev team multiple times weekly. These guys are doing an awesome job, have multiple cool projects in the works, and also executed a pretty amazing launch considering the insanity. It's a bummer they overlooked your post but they aren't going to tell you anything different than we all are. You come in here complaining that you had a hard time solo mining at launch which the dev advised against from before launch. 2 gh/s hitting the network with a low starting diff (that was lowered by popular demand) and you're confused about why you hit a few orphans. By the time your solo mining operation was submitting work you were probably 3 blocks behind. It's difficult to be friendly and helpful when I'm responding to somebody that is making accusations and bitching instead of asking questions. New addresses were generated? Welcome to mining. I don't have a "better than others" attitude but before I start making noise and pointing fingers you better believe I know what I'm talking about. Ask questions and we'll try to help but don't pretend to be some kind of expert when you clearly aren't. People come into these threads looking for information and they don't always know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. This is a daunting world to newcomers and it's more overwhelming now than ever. Profit margins are razor thin, there are an insane number of coins out there, there is all sorts of negative information in the news about crypto currency and public misconceptions are at an all-time high. I think it's important to stick to facts because we need more people involved to sustain this thing. My entire point is that people need to stop acting like they're stating facts when all they're truly doing is throwing around random guesses. To mix false accusations with inaccurate information is a volatile combo sure to make things even messier. What is your goal here by spreading FUD based on your personal, inaccurate interpretation of your experience. Am I going to give myself a heart attack by continuing to read these threads every day? Probably. Nobody wants to admit they're wrong and few are even willing to admit they don't fully understand something but people are so quick to rush to judgment because they are arrogant enough to believe they know everything. I'm sorry you feel like you were shorted but they issue isn't with the code (unless you count starting at a difficulty that was too low which remains my top complaint. Again, when I first heard about 888 in IRC, I mentioned that they should start the difficulty at 1 instead of 0.25 to reduce complications at launch but nobody else agreed). So many people campaigned for an even lower difficulty that it ended up even rockier. Hopefully this will be my last rant of the day. Look - I was too harsh and I tend to do that. Just think before you type because we're all in this together and lets try to reduce FUD by educating each other. Everybody is at a different level. When I got into the crypto game I was confused as hell for weeks and I've been a programmer for half of my life - there's just nothing else quite like it. Education is our most powerful weapon and I'm not in any position to lead the charge but I want to do what I can to help. Perhaps responses that appear to be filled with rage aren't the answer but it's just gotten out of hand. If anybody is still reading this your patience is commendable  Grin
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

The worst part is that you can't solomine this one.  Every single one of my solomined coins are gone. Sure I can mine more, but they don't "count" they don't go to the right address and show up on the block explorer. Haven't heard a peep out of the dev on this issue. I've never had this issue with any other coin.

How many solo mined coins did you lose?

I've been able to solo successfully, when difficulty allows.

I've been able to solo successfully too, but the coins mined don't exist.

Check your account balance in your wallet against the two block explorers.

How do I do that?

I just deleted and re-downloaded the block chain and everything is still in my wallet, including solo mined coins, doesn't that mean they're safe?

Maybe, maybe not.  My coins are in my wallet just not showing up in the block explorer. So basically if I tried to send them to somebody or an exchange they would never receive them even though they are "in" my wallet.

It's a really strange issue, the coins are each sitting in a new wallet address. Each time I found a block it created a new random address that nobody can get to.  Each of these addresses contain a single 888 coin block and nothing more according to the block explorer. I've never seen a wallet do this sort of thing while solomining. Clearly some coding error that maybe was fixed in the "b" version of the wallet.  All my solomining was done in the first days after launch, there was no updated version at that time.  I never did see any release notes or info regarding the upgrade to the new wallet on this thread so I'm not sure if this was one of the fixes or not, just guessing. Always guessing with this coin/dev.

Yes framealife I mentioned this issue before on this thread, as with most everything else it was ignored. It is looking like the dev cashed out and abandoned the project.

Well let me preface this by saying i feel your pain. I know what it's like to have to deal with issues with coins and wallets. We have all been there. However, I have not personally seen you post it. If I had time I would go back through but I simply do not. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying that some of us who are on this thread every day did not notice you mentioning this before.

If you have a problem you have to come on here and tell the devs, yes? Well now you are and that's cool. I'd be patient and wait for the dev to answer or ask nicely if anyone else here has any input on what the issue is.

To come on here and say it the way your original post did is not the way I would have done it. It sounded like you were on here asking about something for the firs time and already complaining.

Nonetheless, if you have already posted and haven't gotten an answer I can understand. There are some other minor issues that people have posted about and to my knowledge have not had a public answer from the dev (maybe private) including myself. My issue is small because it's about the mac wallet and i have the windows wallet anyways. I think you have to understand that the devs are probably extremely busy and they have been on here as much as possibly. They have answered some (not ALL) of my PMs yet I'm not on here complaining about it. I'm def not throwing out accusations that they have "cashed out and abandoned the coin" as you put it.

In face every time the devs have shown up you see a dev post that answers some users questions. Yesterday they showed up in the middle of a DDOS attack and promised another update today. They are trying to get some of the services launched. What they are doing is extremely important to get the coin going. Do I wish that they were here at least once daily? Yes. Do I think that is a good idea? Yes. But do I say things that I have absolutely no proof of that can damage the rep of the devs, this community and the coin? No. Could that hurt the coin, the devs and the community and the bottom line on this coin? Yes. Think about it before you start spouting off about something you are invested in. You shouldn't want to hurt your investment. That's like where I work. I don't like every little thing about the people I work with, my bosses or my company but if I go out and bad mouth any of those things it looks extremely bad in something I 'm invested in and could hurt me down the road. Why would I shoot myself in the foot like that because I don't like or agree with something they do? Exactly, I don't. I suck it up and find better ways to communicate my issues.

Nonetheless, even if the devs were to have enough coins to cash out and then abandon the coin (which at the current value they do not; they would have had it on a better exchange early, with a larger premine and pumped and dumped it as much as possible before bouncing on us to even make more than a few thousand dollars at this point) they wouldn't have the market or the volume to dump to. It doesn't exist yet. It's not there. Unless you want to drop your mined coins at half a penny and make virtually nothing, it wouldn't have been worth the time they put into the coin to begin with. Instead they have pretty much done it backwards and are focusing on their projects to make the coin viable. They made the coin and their website and did some promotion. Other than that they have made a tipbot on reddit. Other users are here day in and day out. Other users are leading the charge on Reddit. Other users are pushing for more exchanges and getting it voted onto cryptorush. Other users are leading the charge on the vote for mintpal. Other users are donating and getting the coin on a site with paper wallets, scratch off games and a faucet. The devs have been here enough to know they haven't abandoned anything.

Other users are letting the devs do their thing and we are doing our part to help the success of the coin. They have had somewhat of a lapse this week compared to the first week. But they also told us that they were working hard to get things ready for an announcement in April and re doing the website, etc.

I know it's frustrating sometimes if you feel like your questions aren't being answered but throwing out accusations aren't going to help your issue.

I have a question. Now that you re-downloaded the blockchain have you attempted to send a small amount of coins to another address?

I saw that you said that you solo mined at launch and that would make sense that there is an issue because they had some issues with pools that were mining during the launch. I'm sure the dev will answer your question. Have you tried to PM the dev yet? I saw that you are getting some responses from users here but it doesn't look like any of us have that answer.

If you would like to test this i'm sure someone will give you their wallet address and let you send them a small amount of coins. I would if I was at home and could give you a wallet address.

Can anyone trustworthy here give him your wallet address so he can test sending a small amount of coins?

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:47:48 PM

I guess it was overlooked when page after page started piling up when there was 2 gh hitting the 888 network. The dev just posted yesterday and OctoCoin is doing just fine. By the look of volume nobody has cashed out?

This is why I responded with rudeness to your comments because you're sitting around complaining about a nonexistent issue and you don't understand how mining works. I'd be happy to help if you asked a question or asked for an explanation but instead you come in here and immediately spread false information and confusion. I have an attitude about it because I am invested in this coin and communicate with the dev team multiple times weekly. These guys are doing an awesome job, have multiple cool projects in the works, and also executed a pretty amazing launch considering the insanity. It's a bummer they overlooked your post but they aren't going to tell you anything different than we all are. You come in here complaining that you had a hard time solo mining at launch which the dev advised against from before launch. 2 gh/s hitting the network with a low starting diff (that was lowered by popular demand) and you're confused about why you hit a few orphans. By the time your solo mining operation was submitting work you were probably 3 blocks behind. It's difficult to be friendly and helpful when I'm responding to somebody that is making accusations and bitching instead of asking questions. New addresses were generated? Welcome to mining. I don't have a "better than others" attitude but before I start making noise and pointing fingers you better believe I know what I'm talking about. Ask questions and we'll try to help but don't pretend to be some kind of expert when you clearly aren't. People come into these threads looking for information and they don't always know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. This is a daunting world to newcomers and it's more overwhelming now than ever. Profit margins are razor thin, there are an insane number of coins out there, there is all sorts of negative information in the news about crypto currency and public misconceptions are at an all-time high. I think it's important to stick to facts because we need more people involved to sustain this thing. My entire point is that people need to stop acting like they're stating facts when all they're truly doing is throwing around random guesses. To mix false accusations with inaccurate information is a volatile combo sure to make things even messier. What is your goal here by spreading FUD based on your personal, inaccurate interpretation of your experience. Am I going to give myself a heart attack by continuing to read these threads every day? Probably. Nobody wants to admit they're wrong and few are even willing to admit they don't fully understand something but people are so quick to rush to judgment because they are arrogant enough to believe they know everything. I'm sorry you feel like you were shorted but they issue isn't with the code (unless you count starting at a difficulty that was too low which remains my top complaint. Again, when I first heard about 888 in IRC, I mentioned that they should start the difficulty at 1 instead of 0.25 to reduce complications at launch but nobody else agreed). So many people campaigned for an even lower difficulty that it ended up even rockier. Hopefully this will be my last rant of the day. Look - I was too harsh and I tend to do that. Just think before you type because we're all in this together and lets try to reduce FUD by educating each other. Everybody is at a different level. When I got into the crypto game I was confused as hell for weeks and I've been a programmer for half of my life - there's just nothing else quite like it. Education is our most powerful weapon and I'm not in any position to lead the charge but I want to do what I can to help. Perhaps responses that appear to be filled with rage aren't the answer but it's just gotten out of hand. If anybody is still reading this your patience is commendable  Grin

Grin Grin lol
If anybody is still reading this your patience is commendable  Grin

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:29:33 PM

If nobody responds when I get home tonight you can send me 2-3 coins to my wallet and i'll send them back and then we will check the blockchain.

Have you tried to send 2-3 just to see if an exchange will post the transaction and check the blockchain with that transaction?

If we narrow down what the actual problem is even other coins devs have probably seen it. Most issues are not new and the answers are only a google search away.

Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

And has given Octocoin it's private calculator which can be found at https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/888

Coin    Difficulty    Coin reward/day    Exchange rate BTC    Exchange rate USD    Revenue/day    Days to create 1 BTC
OctoCoin   2.9550000    1,279.83577    Xnigma฿0.00000685    0.0040118395    ฿-1.00000    $5.13    114.07
(unfortunately xnigma does not support exchange volume display.)

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:11:44 PM

And has given Octocoin it's private calculator which can be found at https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/888

Coin    Difficulty    Coin reward/day    Exchange rate BTC    Exchange rate USD    Revenue/day    Days to create 1 BTC
OctoCoin   2.9550000    1,279.83577    Xnigma฿0.00000685    0.0040118395    ฿-1.00000    $5.13    114.07
(unfortunately xnigma does not support exchange volume display.)

nice. cryptorush.in is the exchange currently that has the most volume for 888.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:13:28 PM

http://coinok.pw/faucet/888/

guys please remember to donate some to the faucet. if it runs out of coins for 3 days (i think) he turns it off. it's currently at 37 and i'm about to shoot another 100 over to it.

here's the addy: 8JUmLkSZnfzuvnDjcP2LHD6SfoiWmBY1AW

it doesn't take much but it's been since this past saturday that the 100 coins i sent dwindled to 37. looks like a good 200 coins a week would ensure that it stays running at the current usage without worrying too much about it.

thx!

thx to those who donated to the faucet!

http://coinok.pw/faucet/888/

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:16:46 PM

[07:08] <ddoser> hi
[07:08] <ddoser> im now dos attack you
[07:09] <ddoser> why you don work&

No.

LMAO wow hahahahha Grin

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:18:47 PM

http://888.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee
Dedicated sysop
Weekly 888 giveaway
**Block Finder Bonus** -New!

One of the first and one of the best, but we need -you- if we're going to survive. If we can get back to previous hash levels, I'm wanting to crank up the block finder bonus a little bit higher!

I don't know if everyone else sees it, my image is cut off, and it doesn't matter what image host I use, it shows up the same everywhere. Strange. Also, my posts are stuck at 168.

we see your image fine.. it's just on your end.. my posts are always off on bitcointalk.org. i just thought that was normal.

bluetree1

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:21:35 PM

I am intersted in Octocoin,I hope you will be better in future Grin

comm
comppi

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:47:29 PM

I hope this doesn't bother anyone, but I would like to share this with the community I'm invested in. I’m doing a study on digital currencies, and I made a short survey about it. I would be more than pleased, if you could answer to this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15GwSRZlWydQjK6zMCGeLr4fKdY79UGZx3xp-5eko3Dg/viewform Thanks guys!
napoleon2121

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:58:07 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:57:35 AM by napoleon2121

[
NEW POOL FOR OCTOCOIN

STRATUM AND VARDIFF

BASED AT ULTRA FAST EU 64GB RAM HETZNER DETICATED SERVERS

1% fees to keep the pools up and running

PROP PAYOUTS

CHAT FUNCTION ENABLED

JOIN US NOW

0.3% BONUS TO FINDERS
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:18:34 PM

I hope this doesn't bother anyone, but I would like to share this with the community I'm invested in. I’m doing a study on digital currencies, and I made a short survey about it. I would be more than pleased, if you could answer to this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15GwSRZlWydQjK6zMCGeLr4fKdY79UGZx3xp-5eko3Dg/viewform Thanks guys!

done.

vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1636

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:20:05 PM

I wouldnt recommend Cryptorush exchange.

Theyve been hacked recently.
comppi

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:22:46 PM

done.

Thanks! I really do appreciate the effort. I know that surveys are the most boring thing after watching paint dry Tongue. On a octonote, I really hope we get to MintPal or other reputable/reliable exchange soon, so we can trade without worrying about the exchange getting hacked or other stupid things like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: