Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50910 times)
neqniox

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:32:08 PM

Absolutely fantastic news on the Exchange. Well done, guys!

For those people on here who are not discord users or are looking for an alternative, we have now published a traditional forum for you all to use; https://www.uplexaforum.com

We have the lead dev on there, and any questions you have will be answered by the community the core team or the community.
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:34:57 PM

Well, the team released the first beta Android miner recently
and the next BIG thing they are working on is the
trading platform itself.

So i guess the iOS wallet will take some time.

However, you can download the android miner from here:
https://github.com/uPlexa/upx-android-miner/releases/

Keep in mind that it's a betta and might not work on every phone.
im worried that its not safe for a mobile device to use for mining, mobile is not powerful enough from what i know unlike computer device

You'd been surprised! The Exynos 9810, found in Samsung phones, is on our benchmarks page achieving 404H/s. That's only 200H/s less than one of my 7th gen i5 U's.
But yes, overall, they are less powerful, which brings it's own challenges that the uPlexa guys are trying to resolve;

- ensuring payouts are fair and achievable in pools
- protecting IoS devices hardware

These are things that have been openly discussed, and I think IoS mining will absolutely be viable with uPlexa! Smiley
How about if the phone is mining 24hrs a day and 7 days a week? then the phone will burn,, the cost of the phone will likely not worth it if its happen
neqniox

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:42:45 PM

There's been a lot of scaremongering around this question. Ultimately, any CPU/GPU can be burned out if told to do so. The whole ethos of the UPX project is to make IoT mining viable and safe.

You'll see a lot of releases, recommendations, and best practises to achieve this.

Sit tight!
Adrian_760

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:02:07 PM

For those people on here who are not discord users or are looking for an alternative, we have now published a traditional forum for you all to use; https://www.uplexaforum.com

We have the lead dev on there, and any questions you have will be answered by the community the core team or the community.

I think it's s great that Uplexa has such a nice forum but somehow I'm a little afraid that if the forum will be very successful most of the people will not use Bitcointalk anymore and this will not be a good cause I believe that the exposure from here is so imoortant.

Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly admit that I don't have the expertise by my side but the forum is one of the few things that I would have delayed just for a while.
BtcBlack

Activity: 295
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:09:00 AM

Web wallet error Roll Eyes
neqniox

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:13:27 AM

I think it's s great that Uplexa has such a nice forum but somehow I'm a little afraid that if the forum will be very successful most of the people will not use Bitcointalk anymore and this will not be a good cause I believe that the exposure from here is so important.

Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly admit that I don't have the expertise by my side but the forum is one of the few things that I would have delayed just for a while.

I appreciate your feedback, but I disagree.

This is a single thread, primarily for announcements and updates; it's not easy to determine where specific content is, and it doesn't really have the capacity for the community to just 'chat', be that off topic or what have you.

I can assure you, the forum will not diminish in any way the activity on here or discord Smiley
Also worth noting that one of the reasons it was made, was due to the number of google searches for 'uplexa forum', which would not have taken the user here or to discord. It's all about presence.
neqniox

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:15:19 AM

Confirmed. I'll raise this on discord immediately.
neqniox

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:31:19 AM

Web Wallet is now back up! Apologies for any inconvenience Smiley
BtcBlack

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:45:35 PM

Web wallet error again
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 08:55:30 PM

Well, the team released the first beta Android miner recently
and the next BIG thing they are working on is the
trading platform itself.

So i guess the iOS wallet will take some time.

However, you can download the android miner from here:
https://github.com/uPlexa/upx-android-miner/releases/

Keep in mind that it's a betta and might not work on every phone.
im worried that its not safe for a mobile device to use for mining, mobile is not powerful enough from what i know unlike computer device

You'd been surprised! The Exynos 9810, found in Samsung phones, is on our benchmarks page achieving 404H/s. That's only 200H/s less than one of my 7th gen i5 U's.
But yes, overall, they are less powerful, which brings it's own challenges that the uPlexa guys are trying to resolve;

- ensuring payouts are fair and achievable in pools
- protecting IoS devices hardware

These are things that have been openly discussed, and I think IoS mining will absolutely be viable with uPlexa! Smiley
How about if the phone is mining 24hrs a day and 7 days a week? then the phone will burn,, the cost of the phone will likely not worth it if its happen

As I already mentioned in previos reply to this post:

1. You will most probably not going to use your brand new daily phone.
Instead, you are going to use an old(broken screen, almost dead battery, broken headphone jack/broken button)
phone/tablet/GPS/other IoT device which costs $10-20 and not even worth selling.

2. The idea is to squeeze what's left out from it, so sudden death is always an option (no pun intended)
3. If you tune the device to mine without overheating the chip (usually, keep it around 60C),
it might take years of 24/7 mining before it dies.

If you think this way of mining is not for you, you can always mine with CPU/GPU

Offtopic: congrats on the new uPlexa exchange Smiley

Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:16:48 PM

Web wallet error again

If you don't get an answer here, you should visit the telegram group from this project because maybe there is more information here. Just a suggestion for you. Good luck.
neqniox

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:31:16 AM

Web wallet error again

If you don't get an answer here, you should visit the telegram group from this project because maybe there is more information here. Just a suggestion for you. Good luck.

Wallet should be back up and running again now. The dev's restarted some associated services.
Please let us know if you encounter more problems. Feel free to join our discord, where you can talk to more of us on-demand; https://discord.gg/a7mAQwJ Smiley
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:45:55 AM

Web wallet error again

Hi! Web wallets are not a good way to go, by the way... they can be very risky, and I've seen a very serious project under attack by a vicious hacker, who stole lots of coins by hacking a web wallet.

I understand the ease of use that people are trying to get by using web wallets, I'm always tempted to use them too instead of quirky linux or windows wallets that take ages to synchronize, but now that the Android wallet is alive and kicking, I'd definitely recommend using that one, ease of use is perfect and you won't face the same security issues (you can configure it to use your finger print to be able to make any transactions or check your "little secrets" - your keys Wink )
RyanDokter

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 09:43:21 AM

Web wallet error again

Hi! Web wallets are not a good way to go, by the way... they can be very risky, and I've seen a very serious project under attack by a vicious hacker, who stole lots of coins by hacking a web wallet.

I understand the ease of use that people are trying to get by using web wallets, I'm always tempted to use them too instead of quirky linux or windows wallets that take ages to synchronize, but now that the Android wallet is alive and kicking, I'd definitely recommend using that one, ease of use is perfect and you won't face the same security issues (you can configure it to use your finger print to be able to make any transactions or check your "little secrets" - your keys Wink )

Yeah I totally agree, the added benefit of the Android wallet is that if you do have another wallet (GUI or Web) you can use the seed from those and restore it on the android wallet, I have my Windows GUI wallet loaded on my Android wallet and it works well!
It's user friendly so anyone, even people new to Crypto should have no issues using it.
BtcBlack

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 11:12:35 AM

Android wallet constantly closing. Web wallet still error. My UPX stuck in the wallet. Developers sleping!
neqniox

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 12:25:23 PM

Android wallet constantly closing. Web wallet still error. My UPX stuck in the wallet. Developers sleping!

Come on now!

The android wallet is BETA...please report all problems to the team on Discord (they're finalizing the final product now).
I don't know if you're the chap on Discord, but if you are, you've been informed that the web wallet will be worked on after the android wallet and miners have been finished. Please use one of the other available wallets.

Everyone's being very helpful, please don't smear the project unnecessarily.
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:41:25 PM

Uplexa Web Wallet is Still in Beta, so should expect that it will go down and up and have an error everytime, Lets wait for the team to fix it
neqniox

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:44:21 AM

Uplexa Web Wallet is Still in Beta, so should expect that it will go down and up and have an error everytime, Lets wait for the team to fix it

Dev's have confirmed that the web wallet is back up. They also think they have fixed the problem. Please feel free to provide feedback if you all continue to have problems.
RyanDokter

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:09:02 PM

Uplexa Web Wallet is Still in Beta, so should expect that it will go down and up and have an error every time, Lets wait for the team to fix it

Dev's have confirmed that the web wallet is back up. They also think they have fixed the problem. Please feel free to provide feedback if you all continue to have problems.

I can't say that i've ever had any issues with my Android wallet, granted i don't keep mine open 24x7. I don't see the point the wallet syncs fast enough so when i need it i just open it up, wait a minute or so for it to sync, do what i need to then close it again.

The bonus of course is its just a copy of my GUI wallet, so in theory i've made my GUI wallet mobile, the best of both worlds:
As secure as the GUI wallet and as mobile as the Web wallet.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, IMHO the web wallet is obsolete.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:49:55 PM

Uplexa Web Wallet is Still in Beta, so should expect that it will go down and up and have an error every time, Lets wait for the team to fix it

I can't say that i've ever had any issues with my Android wallet, granted i don't keep mine open 24x7. I don't see the point the wallet syncs fast enough so when i need it i just open it up, wait a minute or so for it to sync, do what i need to then close it again.

The bonus of course is its just a copy of my GUI wallet, so in theory i've made my GUI wallet mobile, the best of both worlds:
As secure as the GUI wallet and as mobile as the Web wallet.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, IMHO the web wallet is obsolete.

I prefer the web wallet. It is simple, almost zero waiting for sync, no blockchain files taking up drive space.
You can access it via any web enabled device. Having options is not obsolete, it is nice Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: