Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:57:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50905 times)
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:21:11 PM

Honesty I dont think there's a way to advantage Android miners compared to regular cpu /gpu miners...
Make it easier on android yup, but that should make it easier too for reg cpu. For gpu it's another matter, but anyway pushing gpu owners away is not necessarily the best option to keep a good network hashrate

Well if we let GPUs run wild, that might be fine for hashrate, but it seems those will always crowd out the IoT devices. Let's say I have 5 IoT devices in my home. These devices aren't meant to shove data in and out at full bandwidth constantly--they are limited in processing power. They won't keep up in any hash competition unless the algo prefers them over GPUs.

Lets' look at this. Right now, I have an android mining 150Mh/s. I assume any IoT device will have less hashpower than a phone. My crummy 2 GPU system is getting 4000Mh/s on uplexa. That's 3850 more hashes every second. How is a phone or IoT device going to compete with that?

It won't. My concern is that by allowing GPUs a strong presence in mining UPX, we're setting up the failure of the IoT mining, which is the core of the project, right?

Maybe I'm wrong on that. But if we want useful android mining and IoT mining, there needs to be some competitive edge for those devices over GPUs. I strongly feel that to ignore this will cost the project dearly down the road. Hopefully I am wrong.

babkaVkedax

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:00:11 PM

Where is the new miner?

check here bro https://uplexa.com/9

---------------------------------------
404 Not found
This page has moved, never existed, or does not yet exist. Maybe you're from the future?
Unfortunately, this page does not exist. Please go home
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
sk38

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:02:37 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
This page has moved, never existed, or does not yet exist. Maybe you're from the future?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Go to https://uplexa.com/ and then click on "Miners".
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:26:07 PM

If you have 150 Mh/s on Android I would like to know which phone/device you're using: mine does around 150 h/s... Wink

I am here to learn and therefore throwing some bones, thanks for the input so far, but I want more...
If the project stays strong and GPU punishment is enough to let CPU and IoT rule the network, it's only a matter of waiting for the right amount of IoT's to
support the network. Then the moment arrives to start punishing CPU's to get the network run only by IoT devices. This will take years to accomplish but
in my opinion is doable for uPlexa as a first mover. Don't forget the processing power and the algorithms will evolve as well during this timeframe.
In my head it sounds simple, but it probably isn't... fire away...!
babkaVkedax

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:02:11 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

---------------------------------------------
@FruityPool FruityPool released this on 18 Dec 2018
Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
secoccular

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:21:41 PM

If you have 150 Mh/s on Android I would like to know which phone/device you're using: mine does around 150 h/s... Wink

I am here to learn and therefore throwing some bones, thanks for the input so far, but I want more...
If the project stays strong and GPU punishment is enough to let CPU and IoT rule the network, it's only a matter of waiting for the right amount of IoT's to
support the network. Then the moment arrives to start punishing CPU's to get the network run only by IoT devices. This will take years to accomplish but
in my opinion is doable for uPlexa as a first mover. Don't forget the processing power and the algorithms will evolve as well during this timeframe.

Yes, I think you're saying something reasonable. That's how I imagine it. The one issue I have is, in the years it takes to accomplish the IoT network, the GPU miners (myself included) will have built up some big bags of UPX. So what's the problem? Well, if the project punishes GPU miners a bit, then those GPU miners will have to move onto other coins. Most likely they will start dumping their UPX, and because of the large bags they have, it will keep UPX price down for years with all the selling pressure. Maybe investors come in to buy up the coin, but in terms of strengthening the network, it's going to be hard to go from GPU hashpower down to IoT/phone  hashpower. I only mention this because I've seen a number of CPU coins that get stomped once the GPU miners come in.

Now wouldn't it be cool if we could get 100Mh/s on android. Smiley

And yeah, fruityminer hasn't released the update yet. Maybe if they don't our discussion about GPU will be over. Smiley

iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:33:26 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

bro, you not specific what your device, mobile, cpu, amd or nvidia
better to join on discord https://discord.gg/2BPPrz3 and check mining channel

RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:51:38 PM

Yes, I think you're saying something reasonable. That's how I imagine it. The one issue I have is, in the years it takes to accomplish the IoT network, the GPU miners (myself included) will have built up some big bags of UPX. So what's the problem? Well, if the project punishes GPU miners a bit, then those GPU miners will have to move onto other coins. Most likely they will start dumping their UPX, and because of the large bags they have, it will keep UPX price down for years with all the selling pressure. Maybe investors come in to buy up the coin, but in terms of strengthening the network, it's going to be hard to go from GPU hashpower down to IoT/phone  hashpower. I only mention this because I've seen a number of CPU coins that get stomped once the GPU miners come in.

And yeah, fruityminer hasn't released the update yet. Maybe if they don't our discussion about GPU will be over. Smiley

Personally i don't think GPU mining will ever be shut down, not only because it's still the most affordable high-hashrate form of mining (FPGA and ASICs are still crazy money) it's also the "bread and butter" for all miners. Coins like UPX make it possible to use smaller older GPU's you wouldn't dream of using on anything else. so i believe there is still a place for GPU's in all forms.
Granted UPX's primary platform is and should remain CPU,IoT and mobile tech but with out the hashrate of GPU's supporting the network we couldn't possibly expect the coin to grow or remain stable... Sure there are people out there using server CPU's and cranking out 7kh+ with them but not everyone has access to such hardware. There are of course the more powerful multi cored PC CPU's but they aren't affordable either. so in that regard there really isn't anything out there more affordable then GPU's.
secoccular

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:28:24 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

bro , you not specific what your device, mobile, cpu, amd or nvidia

Bro, I don't think you're listening. He's saying the Fruityminer update hasn't been released yet. Whatever his CPU/GPU is doesn't matter. The issue is the miner isn't here, and needs to be.
secoccular

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:36:42 PM

Personally i don't think GPU mining will ever be shut down, not only because it's still the most affordable high-hashrate form of mining (FPGA and ASICs are still crazy money) it's also the "bread and butter" for all miners. Coins like UPX make it possible to use smaller older GPU's you wouldn't dream of using on anything else. so i believe there is still a place for GPU's in all forms.
Granted UPX's primary platform is and should remain CPU,IoT and mobile tech but with out the hashrate of GPU's supporting the network we couldn't possibly expect the coin to grow or remain stable... Sure there are people out there using server CPU's and cranking out 7kh+ with them but not everyone has access to such hardware. There are of course the more powerful multi cored PC CPU's but they aren't affordable either. so in that regard there really isn't anything out there more affordable then GPU's.

Yes, GPU mining is efficient. What's good for GPUs is always bad for CPUs. And what's good for CPUs is probably bad for IoT. We can note that GPU's hashpower is good for the network, but this project is about IoT, and nobody has been able to explain to me how we're going to transtion from GPUs putting out multiple kh/s to IoT devices that are going to trickle in hashpower. I don't see how to make the transition.

You say UPX primary platform is CPU. Then why dos the official site hand out GPU miners. In my experience it's foolish to try and use CPU (or even something less powerful) to compete against GPUs. And I don't see how just letting it unfold naturally is going to allow IoT to work.  Sure, not everyone has GPUs or serve-grade CPUs, but if enough do, it can really crowd out the individual CPU miners.

Not trying to be a pain, it's just almost every CPU coin I've seen has run into serious trouble by letting GPUs in. It's getting really difficult to find a CPU-only coin that can succeed.
iisbetoq

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 03:30:05 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Bro, I don't think you're listening. He's saying the Fruityminer update hasn't been released yet. Whatever his CPU/GPU is doesn't matter. The issue is the miner isn't here, and needs to be.
i'm sorry about my language bro
tbh, if Fruityminer hasn't update yet i will search other miner, but back what is my device, i can't use SRBMiner if my device is nvidia, this is just example bro hehe
i love you bro

secoccular

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 03:45:29 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

i'm sorry about my language bro
tbh, if Fruityminer hasn't update yet i will search other miner, but back what is my device, i can't use SRBMiner if my device is nvidia, this is just example bro hehe
i love you bro

Love you too. Smiley
I guess you're right, if he has an AMD GPU, the Fruityminer won't work. I am getting nervous, as we are getting close to the update and it still seems like all the miner software isn't here yet.
babkaVkedax

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:34:37 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

FruityMiner v2.0 - amd GPU
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:18:32 PM

It most probably isn't that simple, because... Well, let's not forget what IoT devices are. Devices who use a processing unit to compute certain functions. That, by definition, is called a 'Cpu' Smiley
IoT devices mostly try to use some energy efficient cpus, because their whole added value doesn't stand in the processing power, but it's still cpu. And as computers Aldo tend to become more energy efficient, the 'gap' between those so called 'IoT devices' and what we call 'computers' (especially laptops) is getting thinner every day.

So to make a difference between the most energy efficient computer (cpu) and the most... Powerful IoT device (I'm thinking of autonomous car for instance, this kind of thing will definitely require some calculating horsepower), looks like a brain killer to me.

So I guess it's more a matter of getting the largest possible adoption, ti spread the hashrate as much as possible.

And mot to forget that the initial promise of uplexa is not to name someone rich by mining, but to cover at least a part of the energy expenses used to to make those device's work.

Which is, whether gpu and powerful cpu are allowed, absolutely possible already...
RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:15:58 AM

I'm excited to see how the new fork and updated miners are going to perform.
Initial review from people testing on testnet have said hashrate is awesome!
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 10:21:55 AM

I heated this winter my flat with GPU's mining uPlexa (I have opportunity turn central heating almost off), technically a heater is a thing and this is connected to internet, maybe this is IoT mining. Or other words hype slogans are misleading anyway but resources are out there and wise is use them.
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:48:47 AM

I heated this winter my flat with GPU's mining uPlexa (I have opportunity turn central heating almost off), technically a heater is a thing and this is connected to internet, maybe this is IoT mining. Or other words hype slogans are misleading anyway but resources are out there and wise is use them.
ahah definitely a smart and spot on way of seing things Cheesy
Hope you were able to sleep too in that GPU-heated flat Cheesy

Let's not forget that IoT may be the "marketing hype", but there's a strong focus on e-commerce too, and that's for the usecase...

By the way, any new upx integration as a payment currency? It would be nice to start building a list
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 12:01:00 PM

Yes, GPU mining is efficient. What's good for GPUs is always bad for CPUs. And what's good for CPUs is probably bad for IoT. We can note that GPU's hashpower is good for the network, but this project is about IoT, and nobody has been able to explain to me how we're going to transtion from GPUs putting out multiple kh/s to IoT devices that are going to trickle in hashpower. I don't see how to make the transition.

You say UPX primary platform is CPU. Then why dos the official site hand out GPU miners. In my experience it's foolish to try and use CPU (or even something less powerful) to compete against GPUs. And I don't see how just letting it unfold naturally is going to allow IoT to work.  Sure, not everyone has GPUs or serve-grade CPUs, but if enough do, it can really crowd out the individual CPU miners.

Not trying to be a pain, it's just almost every CPU coin I've seen has run into serious trouble by letting GPUs in. It's getting really difficult to find a CPU-only coin that can succeed.

CPU is most universal calculating device. So IoT is best on CPU as it will work on all sorts of devices. Uplexa upx2 algo is not trying to run away from Gpus, it just makes them equal to CPUs, so they cannot overpower IoT devices. Waiting for the fork tonight Smiley

iisbetoq

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 01:21:41 PM

Where is the new miner?

404 Not found
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Old Miners!!!!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

FruityMiner v2.0 - amd GPU
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

Wanna try SRBMiner, has ready for upx2
here latest info you can check https://medium.com/@uplexa/uplexa-v2-1-0-network-upgrade-how-to-prepare-7b74bd57cfbb

secoccular

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:10:11 PM

CPU is most universal calculating device. So IoT is best on CPU as it will work on all sorts of devices. Uplexa upx2 algo is not trying to run away from Gpus, it just makes them equal to CPUs, so they cannot overpower IoT devices. Waiting for the fork tonight Smiley

I must have missed that information. If the new algo punishes GPUs by making their hash the same as a CPU, that will definitely help. GPU miners would want to move on to a coin that they can use their hashpower on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: