Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50905 times)
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:18:39 PM

If you have 150 Mh/s on Android I would like to know which phone/device you're using: mine does around 150 h/s... Wink

I am here to learn and therefore throwing some bones, thanks for the input so far, but I want more...
If the project stays strong and GPU punishment is enough to let CPU and IoT rule the network, it's only a matter of waiting for the right amount of IoT's to
support the network. Then the moment arrives to start punishing CPU's to get the network run only by IoT devices. This will take years to accomplish but
in my opinion is doable for uPlexa as a first mover. Don't forget the processing power and the algorithms will evolve as well during this timeframe.
In my head it sounds simple, but it probably isn't... fire away...!

Yes, I think you're saying something reasonable. That's how I imagine it. The one issue I have is, in the years it takes to accomplish the IoT network, the GPU miners (myself included) will have built up some big bags of UPX. So what's the problem? Well, if the project punishes GPU miners a bit, then those GPU miners will have to move onto other coins. Most likely they will start dumping their UPX, and because of the large bags they have, it will keep UPX price down for years with all the selling pressure. Maybe investors come in to buy up the coin, but in terms of strengthening the network, it's going to be hard to go from GPU hashpower down to IoT/phone  hashpower. I only mention this because I've seen a number of CPU coins that get stomped once the GPU miners come in.

Now wouldn't it be cool if we could get 100Mh/s on android. Smiley

And yeah, fruityminer hasn't released the update yet. Maybe if they don't our discussion about GPU will be over. Smiley

Personally i don't think GPU mining will ever be shut down, not only because it's still the most affordable high-hashrate form of mining (FPGA and ASICs are still crazy money) it's also the "bread and butter" for all miners. Coins like UPX make it possible to use smaller older GPU's you wouldn't dream of using on anything else. so i believe there is still a place for GPU's in all forms.
Granted UPX's primary platform is and should remain CPU,IoT and mobile tech but with out the hashrate of GPU's supporting the network we couldn't possibly expect the coin to grow or remain stable... Sure there are people out there using server CPU's and cranking out 7kh+ with them but not everyone has access to such hardware. There are of course the more powerful multi cored PC CPU's but they aren't affordable either. so in that regard there really isn't anything out there more affordable then GPU's.

Yes, GPU mining is efficient. What's good for GPUs is always bad for CPUs. And what's good for CPUs is probably bad for IoT. We can note that GPU's hashpower is good for the network, but this project is about IoT, and nobody has been able to explain to me how we're going to transtion from GPUs putting out multiple kh/s to IoT devices that are going to trickle in hashpower. I don't see how to make the transition.

You say UPX primary platform is CPU. Then why dos the official site hand out GPU miners. In my experience it's foolish to try and use CPU (or even something less powerful) to compete against GPUs. And I don't see how just letting it unfold naturally is going to allow IoT to work.  Sure, not everyone has GPUs or serve-grade CPUs, but if enough do, it can really crowd out the individual CPU miners.

Not trying to be a pain, it's just almost every CPU coin I've seen has run into serious trouble by letting GPUs in. It's getting really difficult to find a CPU-only coin that can succeed.

CPU is most universal calculating device. So IoT is best on CPU as it will work on all sorts of devices. Uplexa upx2 algo is not trying to run away from Gpus, it just makes them equal to CPUs, so they cannot overpower IoT devices. Waiting for the fork tonight Smiley

I must have missed that information. If the new algo punishes GPUs by making their hash the same as a CPU, that will definitely help. GPU miners would want to move on to a coin that they can use their hashpower on.

Thanks for explaining! We'll see what the team brings us now with the fork and in the future.. I am sure they will surprise us more like they did before. uPlexa continues to be on the forefront of IoTmining!
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 05:16:54 AM

Welcome to one of the old proven pools Markscheider Mining Pools
Pool update last release uPlexa v0.2.1.0 - NightCore UPXTWO

http://upx.ms-pool.net.ua/#
- Algorithm: Cryptonight UPX
- Payments from 50 UPX every  3 minute.
- Pool fee 0.5%.
- DENOMINATION UNIT 0.01 UPX.
- Wide range of ports for mining.
- Exchange Payment ID: address+paymentID
- Difficulty locking: address.diff

3333      1 000         Low end hardware
4444    15 000         Mid range hardware
5555         100 000          High end hardware
7777         800 000          Cloud-mining / NiceHash

Node for remote connection - upx.ms-pool.net.ua:21061

Pool chat in Telegram

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:38:38 AM

3 Kh/s top with a shitty android vernee x phone, using 5 cores our of 8 and 25% max cpu.

WOW! now I can really make some upx with my phone, good job Devs!!!

From the first tests, GPU are really one big step back compared to CPU. Let's hope this won't make GPU owner flee, they're a good part of the network, we need them as much as we need CPU/IoT. The more miners, the more stable and powerful the network!
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 09:02:05 AM

3 Kh/s top with a shitty android vernee x phone, using 5 cores our of 8 and 25% max cpu.

WOW! now I can really make some upx with my phone, good job Devs!!!

From the first tests, GPU are really one big step back compared to CPU. Let's hope this won't make GPU owner flee, they're a good part of the network, we need them as much as we need CPU/IoT. The more miners, the more stable and powerful the network!

That's really good news! Seems like the devs are on top of things.
RyanDokter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 12:59:37 PM

Any thoughts on the new Fork?
Hash rate is far better now but is it what everyone expected? (P.S this is not FUD, I am interested in what everyones thoughts are after the fork)
Let us all know PRO's, CON's, Ideas/suggestions.
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 02:14:16 PM

My hashrate did grow very significantly on my i7 4470 CPU! Before the fork I did 2kH/s with JCE and 1.6Kh/s with XMRig. Now I am doing 15.3 kH/s with XMRig! With this height of difficulty it doesn't get me a lot of extra coins, but what a difference this fork makes..! I would say the fork is a huge succes!
One problem after the fork is that miners need to spread out more over the available pools for the sake of decentralisation, because one pool is too strong at the moment. Just spread the hash you fellas!
joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 02:56:59 PM

Hash rate is far better now but is it what everyone expected? (P.S this is not FUD, I am interested in what everyones thoughts are after the fork)

Fork was wonderful but my hope that difficulty will decrease was not come true and I stopped my rig after 24 hours of mining.
iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:06:28 PM

If you have 150 Mh/s on Android I would like to know which phone/device you're using: mine does around 150 h/s... Wink

I am here to learn and therefore throwing some bones, thanks for the input so far, but I want more...
If the project stays strong and GPU punishment is enough to let CPU and IoT rule the network, it's only a matter of waiting for the right amount of IoT's to
support the network. Then the moment arrives to start punishing CPU's to get the network run only by IoT devices. This will take years to accomplish but
in my opinion is doable for uPlexa as a first mover. Don't forget the processing power and the algorithms will evolve as well during this timeframe.
In my head it sounds simple, but it probably isn't... fire away...!

Yes, I think you're saying something reasonable. That's how I imagine it. The one issue I have is, in the years it takes to accomplish the IoT network, the GPU miners (myself included) will have built up some big bags of UPX. So what's the problem? Well, if the project punishes GPU miners a bit, then those GPU miners will have to move onto other coins. Most likely they will start dumping their UPX, and because of the large bags they have, it will keep UPX price down for years with all the selling pressure. Maybe investors come in to buy up the coin, but in terms of strengthening the network, it's going to be hard to go from GPU hashpower down to IoT/phone  hashpower. I only mention this because I've seen a number of CPU coins that get stomped once the GPU miners come in.

Now wouldn't it be cool if we could get 100Mh/s on android. Smiley

And yeah, fruityminer hasn't released the update yet. Maybe if they don't our discussion about GPU will be over. Smiley

Personally i don't think GPU mining will ever be shut down, not only because it's still the most affordable high-hashrate form of mining (FPGA and ASICs are still crazy money) it's also the "bread and butter" for all miners. Coins like UPX make it possible to use smaller older GPU's you wouldn't dream of using on anything else. so i believe there is still a place for GPU's in all forms.
Granted UPX's primary platform is and should remain CPU,IoT and mobile tech but with out the hashrate of GPU's supporting the network we couldn't possibly expect the coin to grow or remain stable... Sure there are people out there using server CPU's and cranking out 7kh+ with them but not everyone has access to such hardware. There are of course the more powerful multi cored PC CPU's but they aren't affordable either. so in that regard there really isn't anything out there more affordable then GPU's.

Yes, GPU mining is efficient. What's good for GPUs is always bad for CPUs. And what's good for CPUs is probably bad for IoT. We can note that GPU's hashpower is good for the network, but this project is about IoT, and nobody has been able to explain to me how we're going to transtion from GPUs putting out multiple kh/s to IoT devices that are going to trickle in hashpower. I don't see how to make the transition.

You say UPX primary platform is CPU. Then why dos the official site hand out GPU miners. In my experience it's foolish to try and use CPU (or even something less powerful) to compete against GPUs. And I don't see how just letting it unfold naturally is going to allow IoT to work.  Sure, not everyone has GPUs or serve-grade CPUs, but if enough do, it can really crowd out the individual CPU miners.

Not trying to be a pain, it's just almost every CPU coin I've seen has run into serious trouble by letting GPUs in. It's getting really difficult to find a CPU-only coin that can succeed.

CPU is most universal calculating device. So IoT is best on CPU as it will work on all sorts of devices. Uplexa upx2 algo is not trying to run away from Gpus, it just makes them equal to CPUs, so they cannot overpower IoT devices. Waiting for the fork tonight Smiley

I must have missed that information. If the new algo punishes GPUs by making their hash the same as a CPU, that will definitely help. GPU miners would want to move on to a coin that they can use their hashpower on.

GPU still good, one discord member got 83.xx khs/ Vega64

secoccular

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:19:30 PM

Fork was wonderful but my hope that difficulty will decrease was not come true and I stopped my rig after 24 hours of mining.

I wondered how the new hash rate would affect difficulty. It sounds the new algo is more efficient and yields higher hash rates. But with the same block time, maybe it has to increase difficulty?
mgsxman

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:18:56 PM

uPlexa (UPX) Mining Pool by MiningOcean

Pool Url: https://upx.miningocean.org

Payout threshold: 200 UPX
Payout interval: 10 min
Pool Fee: 0.2%

Key Pool Features:
DDOS Protection reducing downtime
Configurable Static Difficulty
Configurable Worker IDs
Direct mining to exchange - we support all address types
Configurable Payment Threshold for standard wallets
Recent Block Rewards functionality
Estimate Earning feature
Dashboard with individual per worker statistics
Nicehash support

Tired of the pools that cheat you and steal your hash?
On our pool we value our miners, here you won't see any deception.
Welcome and have a good profit!
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:05:30 AM

I wondered how the new hash rate would affect difficulty. It sounds the new algo is more efficient and yields higher hash rates. But with the same block time, maybe it has to increase difficulty?
MM yeah not sure it changes that much actually, maybe it's just getting cpus and IoT devices closer to powerful gpus, we need more benchmarks to verify that
RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:13:44 AM

I think the current difficulty has hit profitability hard since the fork, My earning has dropped severely.
I could be mistaken but i speculate that the high difficulty could work against the miners.
EvlMiner

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 12:20:47 PM

I think the current difficulty has hit profitability hard since the fork, My earning has dropped severely.
I could be mistaken but i speculate that the high difficulty could work against the miners.

Difficulty of the math problem adjusts so the solutions are found every 2 minutes on average. That's how PoW crypto works. More miners, higher difficulty. Its miners against other miners.
secoccular

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 02:48:23 PM

Difficulty of the math problem adjusts so the solutions are found every 2 minutes on average. That's how PoW crypto works. More miners, higher difficulty. Its miners against other miners.

I'm not sure why you feel he needs a basic reminder of how crypto works. He's saying that his profits are down, and he suspects its because of the difficulty. There's nothing incorrect about his statement. I've made the same observation many times.

My question remains, with rising difficulty and more GPU miners, how will UPX equalize hash rates for android and IoT devices? I know android is much faster now. So is GPU reportedly. What exactly are we gaining here?
EvlMiner

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:00:43 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 04:11:27 PM by EvlMiner

I'm not sure why you feel he needs a basic reminder of how crypto works. He's saying that his profits are down, and he suspects its because of the difficulty. There's nothing incorrect about his statement. I've made the same observation many times.

My question remains, with rising difficulty and more GPU miners, how will UPX equalize hash rates for android and IoT devices? I know android is much faster now. So is GPU reportedly. What exactly are we gaining here?

Quote: "I could be mistaken but i speculate that the high difficulty could work against the miners."

That sentence is not what someone who knows how crypto works would say. More miners coming in, increases the difficulty. That's how PoW works. Its miners going against other miners. It's a feature of the system. If more miners come in, hashrate and thus the difficulty will increase and you will earn less coins than before, unless you add additional hardware.

Now, how much this algo has equalized GPUs and Phones/IoT, you'd have to compare the hashrates of before and after and see what kind of increase each device got and work out the difference.

On a GPU i got an 8x increase for example. If you got more than that on your Phone, then there you go, you're more competitive than before.
secoccular

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:09:51 PM

Quote: "I could be mistaken but i speculate that the high difficulty could work against the miners."

That sentence is not what someone who knows how crypto works would say. More miners coming in, increases the difficulty. That's how PoW works. Its miners going against other miners. It's a feature of the system. If more miners come in, hashrate and thus the difficulty will increase and you will earn less coins than before, unless you add additional hardware.

Now, how much this algo has equalized GPUs and Phones/IoT, you'd have to compare the hashrates of before and after and see what kind of increase each device got and work out the difference.

On a GPU i got an 8x increase for example. If you got more than that on your Phone, then there you go, you're more competitive than before.

OK, you're right. From what I've read in this thread, the android miner has had a larger percentage increase, so I guess that answers it. Thanks for your reply.
Korifeetxs

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:01:43 PM

In the end it's important for most of us to gain more coins, and hashrate growth in itselve is off less importance for most people. I earned 500 upx right before the fork and I earn 400 right after in the same amount of time. So the fork gave me 7 times the hashrate, but less coins. Don't know if this was due to more miners or the fork. In the meantime I earn 125 upx a day by phone now, against (I think) 20 before the fork. Although thats better, in the end I lost a small part of my (very small) income through the fork. Is that a problem? Not really since I think it is needed for growth and I want the project to succeed! I just hope the next fork will decrease the differences between CPU/GPU and Android/IoT even more, to make it more appealing to the general public to earn UPX via Android, and get it mainstream.
jestrackone

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:44:01 PM

project that was made by same devs - https://crypto-loot.com just did a scam-exit, seems uplexa is getting ready to follow, I sold all my coins... not using btctalk at all, but wanted to warn all.

nope, it's not FUD, it's real this time unfortunately, a shame, it was good idea!
sk38

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:28:05 PM

project that was made by same devs - https://crypto-loot.com just did a scam-exit, seems uplexa is getting ready to follow, I sold all my coins... not using btctalk at all, but wanted to warn all.

nope, it's not FUD, it's real this time unfortunately, a shame, it was good idea!

omg, crypto-loot is offline since one day and you talk about scam?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
they have only little server issue. not more!
jestrackone

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:57:57 PM

they stopped paying out some time ago, check their reddit, few people reported that they are not paying out for quite some time and support was silent about it

no payout + then server down for second day ( I saw error page already yesterday )
I know some people still wait for bitconneeeeeect to get them rich, but come on Wink

I don't mine, i just had some uplexa coins. It surely looks like it's going to go down and it's not just innocent server issue, otherwise they would inform us, would they?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: