Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50863 times)
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:55:44 PM

Running a node on a home PC is not recommended in any crypto coin.
Example: you will have to pay for electricity for another PC, running 24/7 ($10-15 per month)
You will have to maintain it 24/7 (dust, parts replacement, etc.)
It will produce heat and noise and take up space.

Even if all this is not a problem for you, renting a virtual machine for
a masternode costs only about $2,50 - $10 a month, depending on requirements.
You can check prices and major providers: Digital Ocean, VirMach, Vultr

That way you will have less interruptions and higher profit,
since uptime and connectivity are critical for MN.
and Datacenter's internet and power are all redundant.

You know, the $15 per month electricity bill is the problem of parents who bought you gaming PC.
While $2.5 for VPS is your problem... Wink

Well, you can put it this way too Cheesy Cheesy. but if $2.5/month is a problem for you,
then crypto might not be the best place to spend your time.

@RyanDokter
I've seen people running masternodes on a Raspberry Pie,
but this all depends how much RAM/CPU the Uplexa utility node will require
to run smoothly.
There is one more thing - we still don't know how profitable it would be
to run a MN. Some other coins' masternodes cannot even cover the expense for VPS.

I really liked the idea for a mobile phone, running as a Utility node.
However I don't know if it can run it 24/7 without overheating.
Other than that it would be perfect:
1. low power usage
2. Multi core CPU
3. small size

The only downside would be that it only has Wi-fi, no Ethernet,
which adds a few ms of lag.

Wouldn't one of the downsides be that those phones wouldn't have a static IP? It's one of the main requirements for masternodes usually, so unless the devs find an innovative way of handling utility nodes(aka masternodes), it don't see how phone nodes could happen.

We'll see what happens they're preparing for us, exciting times to come for sure!

You are on the right track man, if you want to preserve privacy masternodes would be the wrong way. Thank you for being smart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iisbetoq

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 02:33:16 PM

congratulation to contest winner
$50 USD in $UPX

Phash2k

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 10:13:10 PM

how many coins do I need for a MN?

Crypto-Beratung und Hilfe bei allen möglichen Crypto-Projekten oder Problemen! https://phash.de
EvlMiner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:15:51 AM

how many coins do I need for a MN?

As far as i know, more detailed information about MNs should come after the Proof of Work algo update. The PoW algo update should be near the end of this month.
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:47:27 PM

How about the payments processors: is there a list somewhere which websites/webshops lists uPlexa as a payment possibility?
I think in the spirit of adoption it is nice to see that uPlexa is actually being used for the things it was meant to in the first place.
This could attract more people from outside, since it shows a real usecase. I know it is still early, but it would be nice to see
the project growth made visisble through using such a list. Just a thought...
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:27:09 PM

How about the payments processors: is there a list somewhere which websites/webshops lists uPlexa as a payment possibility?
I think in the spirit of adoption it is nice to see that uPlexa is actually being used for the things it was meant to in the first place.
This could attract more people from outside, since it shows a real usecase. I know it is still early, but it would be nice to see
the project growth made visisble through using such a list. Just a thought...
I remember QuantumLeaper pre-announcing an important partnership few weeks ago, but they finally decided not to go public straight away because of the recent big dump down to 3 sats... I suppose the 3 sats period being probably behind us now, this partnership could go public? It has probably something to do with integration...

But I'm sure that the first use cases will come from the community.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear from the team about this masternodes / privacy matter... Currently most masternodes have public address + static IP. You can track any masternodes connection time and transactions just by entering the host ip in any monitoring website. As much as I use and appreciate this possibility from a practical point of view, I can't help raising a eyebrow when I think about 'privacy'... Does the team have any specific plan to solve this potential issue, or is the 'privacy' adjective being used inappropriately once again?

RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:43:16 PM

Id like to learn more about the partnership as well, as for the MN subject I'm pretty sure the devs have that in the bag.
iisbetoq

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:55:19 PM

is MasterNode same with staking ?
on another cryptonight coin was have implemented PoS for Staking, no minimum coin requirement, but with small amount will long to get reward

joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:29:08 PM

is MasterNode same with staking ?
on another cryptonight coin was have implemented PoS for Staking, no minimum coin requirement, but with small amount will long to get reward

MasterNode is more demanding, its keeper needs quite big collateral amount of tokens for security reason and it often requires more technical skills and dedication.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 04:31:42 PM

Latest fork:

IMPORTANT HARDFORK INFORMATION:

If you missed it we are upgrading to a new PoW algorithm on block 162,090:
 https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1118326228702961666

New wallets & daemons will be available tomorrow April 23rd (suggest you update!).
 A message will be posted when all new wallets are available.
YOUR MINERS WILL REQUIRE AN UPDATE!
Supported miners:

XMRig-UPX v0.0.4 will be available April 24th.
 UPX Android Miner v 0.1.2 - April 24th
 FruityMiner v2.0 - April 25th
 XMRigCC - Supported (date not confirmed)
 SRBMiner - Supported (date not confirmed)
 Required updates for POOLs:
node-upx-hashing (node-cryptonight-hashing fork) - April 24th
 UPXTWO IS LIVE ON TESTNET Testnet pool: upx-testnut.poolbux.com (No GUI).

Testnet pool for validating shares and testing hashrates.
 Test wallet if you need:
 UPTzc6Ej4Zj3kuNpr2AoTQf7hJqAmt43AhJ2UtJkpiANYdYMgHW4oF6BVdAppVTbivVxzYSLrikyYH2 1hz57GQAvKUbLtgmiqq8

Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 09:22:11 AM

The hardfork is almost upon us, I am very curious what the new hashrate will bring!
Does anybody know if JCE is just not confirmed to change by this stage, or won't it be adapted at all? For me it was the one with the best gains.

The hardfork and all the other development stuff clearly shows the dedication of the team and the community. And compared to lots of other coins
in the same area on coinmarketcap it is a heck of an interesting project. Most of the other projects barely see any development, don't have such
an active community or have any serious future.
Strangely the price does not reflect these positive things at all at the moment! Hopely this will change after a succesfull hardfork!
tybiboune

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 09:26:56 AM

The hardfork is almost upon us, I am very curious what the new hashrate will bring!
Does anybody know if JCE is just not confirmed to change by this stage, or won't it be adapted at all? For me it was the one with the best gains.

The hardfork and all the other development stuff clearly shows the dedication of the team and the community. And compared to lots of other coins
in the same area on coinmarketcap it is a heck of an interesting project. Most of the other projects barely see any development, don't have such
an active community or have any serious future.
Strangely the price does not reflect these positive things at all at the moment! Hopely this will change after a succesfull hardfork!

unfortunately, jce cn miner developer has announced that he stopped developing his miner furthermore Sad

It's a shame, this one really rocked!

But the other ones work and will be updated, so we still have plenty of options!
whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 11:40:02 AM

Id like to learn more about the partnership as well, as for the MN subject I'm pretty sure the devs have that in the bag.

We still don't know the details iisbetoq. There is only a a news, saying "utility masternodes" are coming.
A certain amount of UPX will be needed to run such masternode, that is for sure.
My personal "guess" is somewhere around 1-2 million UPX.
Or it might be some other, more clever method for staking (Tiered, timed, etc.).

I agree with RyanDokter and I think more important now is the practical use of the uPlexa coin tech.
There are many coins which... just exist.
For no apparent reason, hoping that someone will make use of their tech, just like that.
So partnerships are very important, because they ensure real-world use and this equals growth.

RyanDokter

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:10:39 PM

We still don't know the details iisbetoq. There is only a a news, saying "utility masternodes" are coming.
A certain amount of UPX will be needed to run such masternode, that is for sure.
Or it might be some other, more clever method for staking (Tiered, timed, etc.).

I agree with RyanDokter and I think more important now is the practical use of the uPlexa coin tech.
For no apparent reason, hoping that someone will make use of their tech, just like that.
So partnerships are very important, because they ensure real-world use and this equals growth.

Absolutely! At this point in time growth is important, i mean we all know the coin is under valued. We all know the current value is wanting to climb, but without growth and adoption we as a community will find it extremely difficult to see this project go anywhere close to where it should be. Im hoping to see 30 sats before the end of the year, but that will need growth and adoption first.
Mariia_BT

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 03:48:42 PM

Absolutely! At this point in time growth is important, i mean we all know the coin is under valued. We all know the current value is wanting to climb, but without growth and adoption we as a community will find it extremely difficult to see this project go anywhere close to where it should be. Im hoping to see 30 sats before the end of the year, but that will need growth and adoption first.

we all look forward to the growth of the coins of the cryptocurrency industry. There are predictions, that this will happen in the summer. but that's just a guess. we have a stagnation for a long time. but there is hope for the better.

iisbetoq

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:51:48 PM

i hope staking will implemented too, so i can participate too

whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 02:30:32 PM

!! IMPORTANT -- UPCOMING PoW HARDFORK !! 

We have scheduled a PoW hardfork for Tuesday, April 29th (or block 162,090).
 The hardfork will require you to update your wallets, miners, and pools to the latest version.
  More information here:
https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1118326228702961666

@everyone
uPlexa (@uPlexaCoin)
 IMPORTANT: PoW HARDFORK
Faster, more profitable IoT Mining
More Energy Efficient
Extensive Anti-ASIC Tactics
Block height: 162,090

More information here:
https://t.co/CINjrQgjHr
#uplexa #privacy #crypto #blockchain #anonymity

tybiboune

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:10:54 PM

I heard about 9x hashrate with the android miner with the new algo, is that verified? Will it really change anything actually? I'm hearing better profitability, but if the coin gets easier to mine for Android phones, it will be even easier for regular rigs, so most likely the price would have no reason for climbing, am I right?

But of course the price is not the ultimate goal, but more an option expected result of the work done on adoption...

QL, time to share this 'big partnership' you were teasing us with few weeks ago! XD
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:53:13 PM

I see more interesting things about hashrates on testnet: on discord some people spoke about seriously higher numbers in hashrate for mining with the same setup as before the fork.
Looks like the team did a great effort enhancing the algos, so I am very curious to see what the updates will bring!

And yes, another vote to the team to show us in which partnership your time and dedication went!
whitespider62

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:11:56 PM

Lost wallet password so restored from seed using Windows GUI. Synced local node but balance empty... rescanned wallet. No joy.

Seems like all my addresses are not showing up, only address #0...

Any idea what I may doing wrong?

>1 million UPX in there!

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: