Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:48:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50825 times)
TheDragons23

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:22:57 AM

The charging companies probably don't like the idea that the transactions are anonimous, since they have to report to a tax agency/government.

I am interested to know what idea's the uPlexa team themselves have about the implementation of UPX. And I don't mean the toaster, consoles, phone and stuff. I think their position on those is already quite clear, but I mean implementation in the bigger picture, like the aforementioned charging stations, green energy projects etc. With Steadfast Storm approaching they have other things on their mind right now, but some vision (apart from ecommerce) regarding this must have been looked at the last year.. I thought something was mentioned in the white paper as an exemple. But the anonimity of the whole UPX story makes it -in my opinion- very hard  to get partnerships with serious bussinesses.
the anonymate is an interesting point and depend from where is your view...
if i am an agency or service suppliers i need to know who pay me for that goods or that services but if i am the client i don't want comunicate my wallet or my capital traceable like on bitcoin's blockchain... i am pretty sure that there are solutions for link this two point of views

agreed, nobody wants to fork out something to somebody that they dont know. the transactions are anomymous which wouldnt work with all the tax things and verifing stuff...
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:26:34 AM

Interesting idea Dmitri129, physical coins and gold in the bank! However if I understand it correctly you prefer UPX to be a store of value, right?
This is what Quantumleaper (main dev uPlexa) said in telegram:
I disagree. Investor speculation doesnt mean much of anything in crypto anymore. Bogus/useless partnerships and chasing exchange listings is what projects did to build hype, and it worked. Things are getting real now, and the same gross tactics are no longer working (sometimes the occasional spike/p&d). Our marketing plans will be based around PlexaNet, UNApps, and the dVPN. We will focus on utility and building an internal economy rather than focusing on building an external economy. Because right now, even the top 10 cryptos are barely being used. It's mostly just speculative BS. I didn't start this project for those reasons, I want our software to be used. Thus O think privacy applications and services built on top of uPlexa as layer 2 services will provide both more functionality, something we could all use, and something that makes sense to use UPX for.
How would your physical coin relate to building an internal economy with UPX as driving force?

"store of value" is not the way I'm reading QL's statement... I'm more reading it the "used currency" way... To me store of value is something you buy and hold for some time, then you sell it with a profit. Outside crypto, Gold is a "store of value"... Diamonds as well.
That's not what uPlexa Team wants, to the opposite of it they want people to USE that coin (and its ecosystem) for different purposes, big or small. I'm pretty sure QL would be happy to know that people can buy their coffee by paying with UPX. Or he'd be even happier if he'd see poor people in abandoned places get some fresh/clean water by using the UPX they mined from their little TV or autonomous mining box...
Dmitry129

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:55:05 AM

Interesting idea Dmitri129, physical coins and gold in the bank! However if I understand it correctly you prefer UPX to be a store of value, right?
I disagree. Investor speculation doesnt mean much of anything in crypto anymore. Bogus/useless partnerships and chasing exchange listings is what projects did to build hype, and it worked. Things are getting real now, and the same gross tactics are no longer working (sometimes the occasional spike/p&d). Our marketing plans will be based around PlexaNet, UNApps, and the dVPN. We will focus on utility and building an internal economy rather than focusing on building an external economy. Because right now, even the top 10 cryptos are barely being used. It's mostly just speculative BS. I didn't start this project for those reasons, I want our software to be used. Thus O think privacy applications and services built on top of uPlexa as layer 2 services will provide both more functionality, something we could all use, and something that makes sense to use UPX for.
How would your physical coin relate to building an internal economy with UPX as driving force?

"store of value" is not the way I'm reading QL's statement... I'm more reading it the "used currency" way... To me store of value is something you buy and hold for some time, then you sell it with a profit. Outside crypto, Gold is a "store of value"... Diamonds as well.
That's not what uPlexa Team wants, to the opposite of it they want people to USE that coin (and its ecosystem) for different purposes, big or small. I'm pretty sure QL would be happy to know that people can buy their coffee by paying with UPX. Or he'd be even happier if he'd see poor people in abandoned places get some fresh/clean water by using the UPX they mined from their little TV or autonomous mining box...
to pay with the help of uplexa, you first need to make sure that the uplexa has value
Cappex

Activity: 571
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:29:06 PM

to pay with the help of uplexa, you first need to make sure that the uplexa has value
for give value at uplexa we need benefits to use it... if apple sold his last phone at 1.000$ (approx 6.5mil upx) but if with upx for bought the same phone we need to pay 3.25mil upx we have find a benefits... the team must work on a big ecomerce like amazon where if you pay in UPX you will receive immediatly a 20-30-40-50% discount from fiat price... i am pretty sure that with this we will found value for UPX.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 02:46:25 PM

The charging companies probably don't like the idea that the transactions are anonimous, since they have to report to a tax agency/government.

I am interested to know what idea's the uPlexa team themselves have about the implementation of UPX. And I don't mean the toaster, consoles, phone and stuff. I think their position on those is already quite clear, but I mean implementation in the bigger picture, like the aforementioned charging stations, green energy projects etc. With Steadfast Storm approaching they have other things on their mind right now, but some vision (apart from ecommerce) regarding this must have been looked at the last year.. I thought something was mentioned in the white paper as an exemple. But the anonimity of the whole UPX story makes it -in my opinion- very hard  to get partnerships with serious bussinesses.

I agree with you that to partner a serious business is not possible coupled with too much anonymity.
Probably if there was a way to make certain transactions anonymous, and some public, it would work.

@Cappex:

Amazon is wealthy enough to build their own coin. They don't need UPX. UPX is needed at some
small or medium size business with a lot of small transactions which still cost a lot of money to execute.
Various online services: CDN, dVPN (which is actually planned in future for uPlexa) online streaming,
maybe even some online game.

@Korifeetxs

Wise words from QuantumLeaper (regarding the "internal" eco system building). Huge corps can start
a blockchain from scratch any time. Why would they want to invest in some crypto currency?

So far mentioned: mining on IoT: phones, game consoles, old PCs, tablets, USB miner devices

Building car charging stations, which work on UPX, dVPN, PlexaNet, UNApps (some require loss of anonymity)

What other use cases do you guys see for UPX (avoid value storing, press on USE as a daily use)?

What other use cases you guys can think of?

thesudio

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 05:56:25 AM

I am interested to know what idea's the uPlexa team themselves have about the implementation of UPX. And I don't mean the toaster, consoles, phone and stuff. I think their position on those is already quite clear, but I mean implementation in the bigger picture, like the aforementioned charging stations, green energy projects etc. With Steadfast Storm approaching they have other things on their mind right now, but some vision (apart from ecommerce) regarding this must have been looked at the last year.. I thought something was mentioned in the white paper as an exemple. But the anonimity of the whole UPX story makes it -in my opinion- very hard  to get partnerships with serious bussinesses.

I agree with you that to partner a serious business is not possible coupled with too much anonymity.
Probably if there was a way to make certain transactions anonymous, and some public, it would work.

@Cappex:

Amazon is wealthy enough to build their own coin. They don't need UPX. UPX is needed at some
small or medium size business with a lot of small transactions which still cost a lot of money to execute.
Various online services: CDN, dVPN (which is actually planned in future for uPlexa) online streaming,

@Korifeetxs

Wise words from QuantumLeaper (regarding the "internal" eco system building). Huge corps can start
a blockchain from scratch any time. Why would they want to invest in some crypto currency?

So far mentioned: mining on IoT: phones, game consoles, old PCs, tablets, USB miner devices

Building car charging stations, which work on UPX, dVPN, PlexaNet, UNApps (some require loss of anonymity)

What other use cases do you guys see for UPX (avoid value storing, press on USE as a daily use)?

As much as it hurts me to say this UPX as a gateway to IoT Advertisement payments would be the way to go, any website can mine UPX, any advert thats displayed on a IoT device could pay to be visible etc, i dont see any other way that would be viable long term, or being a value of data in real time architecture, imagine an autonomous cars will one day be hubs for advertising as well, i can see your car telling you about events happening around you, discounts at cafes or what not, UPX will be the backbone to sevral Dapps that can achieve all of these things to be marketed to seperate audiences etc. The point of difference could be that scalability and fees are better than other options and since UPX is on mobile devices locality and relevance based advertising will be more accurate. Even in the crypto space UPX can market the dapp and steadfast archtecture pitching the scalibility etc, everything built on the ethereum blockchain is as slow as ethereum, thats not the case with UPX but without any dapps being built or other developers willing to give up time to create such things, we the community have to keep it alive.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
Cappex

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:13:21 AM

@Cappex:

@Korifeetxs

yes, a lot of transactions will be the way... at your kinds of job mentioned should be the right place where focuses the workforce of the team. i am only a passionate and i don't know very well this... my idea or vision is to reach the masses, but at today also btc isn't used for all day shopping and it have 10 years... this world is still to young, we are building the tomorrow.
tybiboune

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:56:08 AM

@Cappex:

@Korifeetxs

yes, a lot of transactions will be the way... at your kinds of job mentioned should be the right place where focuses the workforce of the team. i am only a passionate and i don't know very well this... my idea or vision is to reach the masses, but at today also btc isn't used for all day shopping and it have 10 years... this world is still to young, we are building the tomorrow.

I remember hearing once that BTC was a "draft", more like some kind of "experiment", to throw the basis of what blockchain & crypto could be. In that case it was probably not supposed to be used all over the world for many different purposes.

Back to UPX... @whotheff you mention game consoles / usb / divers IoT mining devices, how are they "use cases"? Mining a cryptocurrency is what makes its network alive and what allows transactions to happen, but I wouldn't consider it a use case, even if you could mine using many different devices, in an innovative way as uPlexa can do...

@Dimitryi as mentioned, uPlexa HAS a value, already. It is currently pretty low, which means, as Cappex mentioned, if you want to buy a $1000 iPhone (why would anyone want to do that anyway?.. but it's a whole other topic) you need to spend a bit more than 6M UPX. That does sound "huge", but let's not forget that we are used to fiat-thinking since our birth. it's just a number, in itself it means nothing, it's just linked to the "converted value" you can convert it to (aka the useless sect-like overpriced iPhone example).

@whotheff I don't really agree with you concerning the "big businesses don't need existing coins, they can build their own"... if/when uPlexa reaches a marketcap/converted fiat price that means something for those "big businesses", they'll be more than happy to add UPX payment as an option, without even being requested by the Team. I'm not sure the central banks had to pay some kind of "fee" to ask them to add dolalr, euro and so on.... and I'm not sure VISA & MASTERCARD had to pay them a fee to allow consumers to use their cards for online payment. I think it's even the opposite Wink

Overall it's mostly a question of adoption... that's why I found the ETN idea not as dumb as some would claim (I mean their "fake phone miner"). Because this little app allowed them to reach more than 200k users already, people who have at least a few coins in their wallets, and who would probably be ready to use them to pay for goods or services.

All this ecosystem still has a long way to go, but I'm sure this will evolve into mass adoption (as soon as governments find an easy way to add a nice layer of taxes on this, I'm sure mass adoption will be able to begin...)

Heh, we might all be thinking likewise (mass adoption to come), or we wouldn't be interested in cryptocurrencies, right? Wink

The thing is... I think it'll probably take a LONG time still, as this market is still technically a newborn, adopters need to consider that they're still very early adopters, and they need to think long-term.

But I can definitely see uPlexa and its persistently working Team in a nice place in this future "adult" market Smiley
whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 09:28:52 AM

As much as it hurts me to say this UPX as a gateway to IoT Advertisement payments would be the way to go, any website can mine UPX, any advert thats displayed on a IoT device could pay to be visible etc, i dont see any other way that would be viable long term, or being a value of data in real time architecture, imagine an autonomous cars will one day be hubs for advertising as well, i can see your car telling you about events happening around you, discounts at cafes or what not, UPX will be the backbone to sevral Dapps that can achieve all of these things to be marketed to seperate audiences etc. The point of difference could be that scalability and fees are better than other options and since UPX is on mobile devices locality and relevance based advertising will be more accurate. Even in the crypto space UPX can market the dapp and steadfast archtecture pitching the scalibility etc, everything built on the ethereum blockchain is as slow as ethereum, thats not the case with UPX but without any dapps being built or other developers willing to give up time to create such things, we the community have to keep it alive.
[/quote]

Nobody creates apps just to use certain tech. There must be a need first and this need has to be understood.
Example: Imagine you create the new Angry Birds online Multiplayer game. You code it to use the UPX network
for either some transactions, dVPN or something else. Then millions of people download it it and start using it.
If some of them wants to buy some stuff or game time or whatever, he must buy UPX tokens and load them into his
iOS/Android wallet.

@Cappex: Yes, even BTC is not used by the masses, because it turned into store of value coin. Ethereum is stuck between slow transaction time and high fees, Monero is complicated with too much security and is targeted as a money laundering coin, hundreds of small coins are claiming to be the next money. Some of them have great tech behind them, but no real world use case or need for now.

Now compare this situation with the car industry and how Elon Musk created the need for Electric car and in only 10 years he managed to push away from the static ladder of car makers all the whales.
He is now a trend setter. Another example: Facebook was a student's wet dream years ago, now it dominates The Net. Younger generations are born with a phone in their hands, where no paper money exist. In 10 years these kids will be the trend setters. And as we all know, things grow very fast in the Internet and computers are getting faster and faster.

So if UPX is alive in the next 5-10 years and never stopped improving and adapting, it will shine.

@thesudio: I like your idea about web advertising via the uPlexa network. Can you please share some more about your idea?

Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 10:07:24 AM

If uPLexa continues the way it evolves right now, I have no doubt there will be succes in the next 5-10 years. The key to this succes is finding the niche for IoT mass adoptable tech. And since there are great ideas within
 the team (and actually being carried out), great ideas being vented by the community here and in the other channels, and the team is obviously willing to listen to those ideas, we'll be allright. But it is really a chicken and egg story: there need to be demand for the project to thrive. And it's our job and the team's to find that market and supply the solution.
That said the web advertising is interesting: it could be a booster to get the upx-story and tech into the world as well, marketingwise. If you can only find one or two companies with a great reach it should really help a lot.
Let's hear some more about it..
Cappex

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 02:11:52 PM

@whotheff
all of your example are agency or industry that have build somethings commercialized and exchanges by fiat currency... now we are talking about the sostituion of the fiat currency (government) with another system where the government cannot put their hands over... i am pretty sure that the government isn't be happy of this and will block all the ways (like facebook's coin).

@tybiboune
the value depend totally by the folks... if there is guys that spend 1.000$ for an iphone the next year the new models will cost 1.100$... but if nobody bought it for 1.000$ the price will decrease... the value is important but is a objective and subjective things at the same time... i will never buy an iphone, for example, for 6M upx or 3M upx now because i feel to believe in this project that i will prefer hold my coins today for will buy more tomorrow.

my mind is in contrast, I believe in projects and ideas but I have no vision of where they will be in the future ... this at the same time excites me.
tybiboune

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 09:12:31 AM

@whotheff
all of your example are agency or industry that have build somethings commercialized and exchanges by fiat currency... now we are talking about the sostituion of the fiat currency (government) with another system where the government cannot put their hands over... i am pretty sure that the government isn't be happy of this and will block all the ways (like facebook's coin).

@tybiboune
the value depend totally by the folks... if there is guys that spend 1.000$ for an iphone the next year the new models will cost 1.100$... but if nobody bought it for 1.000$ the price will decrease... the value is important but is a objective and subjective things at the same time... i will never buy an iphone, for example, for 6M upx or 3M upx now because i feel to believe in this project that i will prefer hold my coins today for will buy more tomorrow.

my mind is in contrast, I believe in projects and ideas but I have no vision of where they will be in the future ... this at the same time excites me.

You've got a good point about the governments' opposition to this trend... And the facebook example is a very good one, because facebook was to become probably the most potentially spread crypto ever, with the current app adoption. That's probably why govts jumped on every possibility to shut it down before it's even born (let's not be naive, if those big partners suddenly decided to get out, I'm pretty sure that's because of governments' pressure on them.)
The same way as the US govt used pressure on the US big companies to force them stop doing commerce with China is quite a blatant proof of that control.

If the governments continue that way, how do you see the future of all cryptocurrencies projects that are not backed and supported by banks / govts already? And anonymous, moreover... Aren't we in a huge bottleneck?

I mean... as soon as uPlexa gets the worldwide spread potential adoption it deserves, the govts will probably decide to act as they did with facebook's libra. If they force Google & Microsoft to "block" everything uplexa-related, those big industries will have no choice but bending.

How do you see a future for this?
whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 02:34:19 PM

@whotheff

@tybiboune

You've got a good point about the governments' opposition to this trend... And the facebook example is a very good one, because facebook was to become probably the most potentially spread crypto ever, with the current app adoption. That's probably why govts jumped on every possibility to shut it down before it's even born (let's not be naive, if those big partners suddenly decided to get out, I'm pretty sure that's because of governments' pressure on them.)
The same way as the US govt used pressure on the US big companies to force them stop doing commerce with China is quite a blatant proof of that control.

If the governments continue that way, how do you see the future of all cryptocurrencies projects that are not backed and supported by banks / govts already? And anonymous, moreover... Aren't we in a huge bottleneck?

I mean... as soon as uPlexa gets the worldwide spread potential adoption it deserves, the govts will probably decide to act as they did with facebook's libra. If they force Google & Microsoft to "block" everything uplexa-related, those big industries will have no choice but bending.

@tybiboune: Yes, I mixed the notions a bit. Let me explain: Mining uPlexa is also using it. Imagine if you can then pay your electric bill with the coins you mined.. or the internet bill.

@Cappex: governments can put their hands on anything. The only reason for them to not do it is that it is either too insignificant or too expensive or they also use it. So far all of the big players (Google, IBM, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) only "study" the blockchain. Inventing your own money is = fighting with the government in the country where your company is registered/taxed.

List of countries which are totaly independant of the US: 1. Russia 2. China
Unfortunatelly their independance comes at a price. The are also limiting their own people from using internet and US companies or services.
So I think that the first blockchain breakthrough will come form one of them. So far closest is China with their WeChat payment system, adopted on almost
every phone in the country.

Another smaller chance sits with Africa. It is much easier to adopt something new, where there was nothing old. And since we know China already bought Africa, IBM shifts their focus for next gen of cheap labor source to Africa, etc, etc. It is also an option for it to adopt online payments/value exchange with tokens, not depending on governments.

With all above mentioned, uPlexa's aim for dVPN seems quite logic choice, as VPNs will become very important in a world where they can locate you based on your usual internet traffic pattern (even new Cisco switch software can do it).

I just wander if you know some anonymous VPS provider? Cheesy

Cappex

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 11:38:43 PM

@whotheff

@tybiboune

i want reply at your question with another question... How you can stop something that cannot be stopped because you don't know who there is behind? the most important or maybe the fundamental force of BTC is this... nobody know who is behind and nobody can be multed, taxed, arrested or killed for stop it... one of the more important state or governments will can denied BTC on his country but this will sign the growth of the others. all the others project for survive must agreed the therms of his existance with the governments... sad story tonight, maybe too many beers.
tybiboune

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 02:42:45 PM

@whotheff

@tybiboune

i want reply at your question with another question... How you can stop something that cannot be stopped because you don't know who there is behind? the most important or maybe the fundamental force of BTC is this... nobody know who is behind and nobody can be multed, taxed, arrested or killed for stop it... one of the more important state or governments will can denied BTC on his country but this will sign the growth of the others. all the others project for survive must agreed the therms of his existance with the governments... sad story tonight, maybe too many beers.

BTC is actually not hard to trace, it has no privacy features, and as the only exchanges allowing reasonable withdrawals come with KYC, you can imagine nobody can really hide.
The problem is not about governments blocking a 'coin' in itself.. Of course the chains will keep on working, so technically speaking nothing can be 'stopped' just by a government's wish.
But what governments can do and probably will, is pressurize all the companies that and businesses that are still linked to the fiat system, declaring gains, paying taxes... So that those businesses would either have to pay huge taxes just because they're using crypto as a payment systems for their clients, or they would just be declared illegal. The only problem thing required to have something become illegal is to vote for laws. That doesn't involve everyday people, but those ones who govern only...

If trump can force Google not to allow Chinese phone companies to use Android (an open source os) on their new phones, I guess he can as easily ban any use of crypto for all the US registered companies.

So long for the use cases and mass adoption, if things go that way... The only thing left would be xrp. Nice future, I wouldn't want to be alive when this happens  Grin

No beer involved here, just home made kombucha  Grin
thesudio

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 09:15:25 PM

Nobody creates apps just to use certain tech. There must be a need first and this need has to be understood.
Example: Imagine you create the new Angry Birds online Multiplayer game. You code it to use the UPX network
for either some transactions, dVPN or something else. Then millions of people download it it and start using it.
If some of them wants to buy some stuff or game time or whatever, he must buy UPX tokens and load them into his
iOS/Android wallet.

@Cappex: Yes, even BTC is not used by the masses, because it turned into store of value coin. Ethereum is stuck between slow transaction time and high fees, Monero is complicated with too much security and is targeted as a money laundering coin, hundreds of small coins are claiming to be the next money. Some of them have great tech behind them, but no real world use case or need for now.

Now compare this situation with the car industry and how Elon Musk created the need for Electric car and in only 10 years he managed to push away from the static ladder of car makers all the whales.
He is now a trend setter. Another example: Facebook was a student's wet dream years ago, now it dominates The Net. Younger generations are born with a phone in their hands, where no paper money exist. In 10 years these kids will be the trend setters. And as we all know, things grow very fast in the Internet and computers are getting faster and faster.

So if UPX is alive in the next 5-10 years and never stopped improving and adapting, it will shine.

@thesudio: I like your idea about web advertising via the uPlexa network. Can you please share some more about your idea?
[/quote]

"Then millions of people download it it and start using it.
iOS/Android wallet."

See the beauty of Dapps built on UPX would be punters wont even need to know what UPX is to be using it, they can just buy angry bird coins which is a dapps token with UPX as the foundation. People would just think they are trading angry bird coins for in-game purchases etc but really in the back end itll be UPX.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 09:21:40 PM

See the beauty of Dapps built on UPX would be punters wont even need to know what UPX is to be using it, they can just buy angry bird coins which is a dapps token with UPX as the foundation. People would just think they are trading angry bird coins for in-game purchases etc but really in the back end itll be UPX.

Did you understand that you have just said? I didnt. If you can explain clearly your minds, because this looks like nonsense
Cappex

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 09:49:59 PM

@whotheff

@tybiboune

BTC is actually not hard to trace, it has no privacy features, and as the only exchanges allowing reasonable withdrawals come with KYC, you can imagine nobody can really hide.
The problem is not about governments blocking a 'coin' in itself.. Of course the chains will keep on working, so technically speaking nothing can be 'stopped' just by a government's wish.
But what governments can do and probably will, is pressurize all the companies that and businesses that are still linked to the fiat system, declaring gains, paying taxes... So that those businesses would either have to pay huge taxes just because they're using crypto as a payment systems for their clients, or they would just be declared illegal. The only problem thing required to have something become illegal is to vote for laws. That doesn't involve everyday people, but those ones who govern only...

If trump can force Google not to allow Chinese phone companies to use Android (an open source os) on their new phones, I guess he can as easily ban any use of crypto for all the US registered companies.

So long for the use cases and mass adoption, if things go that way... The only thing left would be xrp. Nice future, I wouldn't want to be alive when this happens  Grin

i am back... 24 hours for left my hangover... but here i am.
soo, definetively, all our thinks are sad... i will came back to my beers or maybe it's the time to change it in yours Kombucha.

our force is the time... i am not here for the immediate glory or fast money... i like the tech and i am so interessed to follow the updates.
whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 07:26:57 AM

@whotheff

@tybiboune

@thesudio: I agree, be it "Angry bird coins: or UPX, as long as the tech behind it is UPX.
@Tybiboune: Kombucha makes you smarter I see Wink Govts can do whatever they want: declare war, declare crypto against the law, put huge tax on crypto<->fiat exchange, put tax on anyone accepting crypto directly, or putting him against the wall. What I think is now happening is the banks are trying to slow things down so they can catch up and find a way to modernize the whole system before crypto does it for them. That is why the BTC price is so static.

Top 100 coins market cap is 121,554,359,665
All USD in circulation are: 15,000,000,000,000 + currencies of all other countries

Do you now see how small is the crypto compared to fiat?

So adoption can be force-triggered by China, Russia, some huge company or Darknet Cheesy
*hint: Darknet is already doing it, China is on the way.

And when this happens, a tons of fees will be saved, economy will speed up and the last one to adopt it might be even too late.
The ones who will suffer are banks and govts. The funny part is that they both can afford to buy all the crypto in the world right now (and maybe are gradually doing it).
@Cappex:

tybiboune

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 08:34:48 AM

Code:
Top 100 coins market cap is 121,554,359,665
All USD in circulation are: 15,000,000,000,000 + currencies of all other countries

Do you now see how small is the crypto compared to fiat?

So adoption can be force-triggered by China, Russia, some huge company or Darknet Cheesy
*hint: Darknet is already doing it, China is on the way.

And when this happens, a tons of fees will be saved, economy will speed up and the last one to adopt it might be even too late.
The ones who will suffer are banks and govts. The funny part is that they both can afford to buy all the crypto in the world right now (and maybe are gradually doing it).

The tiny market cap is what gives me hope for a 'better' global situation about crypto, but besides that... As QL mentioned, for now it's all about speculation and trading, nothing about real use.
Govts are probably done with crypto trading, as more and more exchanges are adding kyc (what for? Money laundering control? Naaah it's just to collect more taxes, friends  Grin).
But if / when it starts to be used the 'uPlexa' way, aka private transactions, that will bother them enough for them to try and choke the baby...

China is officially supporting crypto, from the price action this announcement triggered people seem to see it as positive news... Which kinda makes me laugh, as the Chinese govt has yet to prove that it's fighting for people's freedom of speech and actions... If China is really getting into crypto, it only means that the govt will create their own centralized and not private crypto, and this one would be the only one allowed for commercial transactions within the country.

From there it will just be another fiat currency, produced out of air like the rest of fiat currently, but with the speed and ease of use added (if they manage not to screw up that as well...)

The fact that Russia is showing interest in crypto as well (for now it's more like a love / hate relationship..) doesn't look much more reassuring.

Actually went don't want Govts to 'take interest' in crypto, we just want them to allow the movement to happen.

And that won't be easy!! Taxes are one of the rare ways for them to collect money to keep roads safe, have a Healthcare policy, pay the teachers and hospital workers.. With more or less success of course, but if you take that from them, the public services are mostly screwed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: