Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner v0.10.10 - Ironfish/Kaspa/ZIL/Kawpow/Etchash and More  (Read 211445 times)
r3b

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:00:49 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 02:32:04 PM by r3b

Windows 10
XFX RX580 8GB x 1
Asus B250
Corsair HX1200i x 3

9 minutes and 30 seconds later —> Reboots my rig —> each and every time!

Claymore (eth) same rig but with 13 GPUs —> NO problem for weeks!

Claymore charges 1%
TRM charges 2.5% (RVN) and doesn’t pay for my Advils!

Any other mining tool for RVN?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ku4eto

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:29:27 PM

Windows 10
XFX RX580 8GB x 1
Asus B250
Corsair HX1200i x 3

Claymore charges 1%

Change your vBIOS timings, GPU voltage/clocks or play with the miner settings?

Just because it works with claymore, it does not mean same settings will work for other mines as well.
kerney666

Activity: 658
Merit: 86

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:18:41 PM

Windows 10
XFX RX580 8GB x 1
Asus B250
Corsair HX1200i x 3

Claymore charges 1%

x16rv2 is much more taxing than simple ethash. Like ku4eto asked, what adjustments/tests have you made with clocks and voltage?
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 03:07:39 AM

x16rv2 is much more taxing than simple ethash. Like ku4eto asked, what adjustments/tests have you made with clocks and voltage?

Thanks for reply.

I’m still learning ... lots of lots of reading and empty bottle of Advils!!

And, I just learned that x16vr2 is more taxing than ethash - thank YOU for that.

Yes, last evening I under-volted my GPUs (RX580 x 13) and system became 100% stable.

It was very late so I didn’t get a chance to see if it lowered hash level. But, I was wondering if there was any built-in switches that I could add instead of messing around with my GPU settings. Based on my own experience, this miner is the only one with this issue and I cannot find any other similar tool with x16vr2 support.
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 03:33:21 AM

Thanks for reply.

I’m still learning ... lots of lots of reading and empty bottle of Advils!!

And, I just learned that x16vr2 is more taxing than ethash - thank YOU for that.

Yes, last evening I under-volted my GPUs (RX580 x 13) and system became 100% stable.

It was very late so I didn’t get a chance to see if it lowered hash level. But, I was wondering if there was any built-in switches that I could add instead of messing around with my GPU settings. Based on my own experience, this miner is the only one with this issue and I cannot find any other similar tool with x16vr2 support.

Prob want to change your thinking on this a bit - neither miners, nor software utilizing GPUs in general (e.g. games) are inherently unstable unless they are buggy (this miner is not.)  Instead, any time a piece of software crashes your GPUs, it's because the settings of the GPU don't match the demand placed on it by the software (or in the extreme case, the GPU settings are dialed beyond hardware capabilities.)

Just like different games have different workload profiles, so do different algorithms, as do different miners even for the same algorithm.  x16r class algos are actually a combination of multiple algorithms with different workload profiles (intended to deter asic development,) and as such is one of the hardest algos to tune for.  In addition, this miner in particular is a highly tuned piece of software compared to others, and squeezes more performance out of the card for any given GPU settings, but will require detailed attention to GPU settings at higher performance levels.

Bottom line, you'll need patience to tune for x16rv2 as you're really tuning for 16 different algos at once, unless you want to just dial your voltage-to-clocks ratio way up (which would be wasteful/inefficient.)
iDisturbia

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 06:38:55 AM

Prob want to change your thinking on this a bit - neither miners, nor software utilizing GPUs in general (e.g. games) are inherently unstable unless they are buggy (this miner is not.)  Instead, any time a piece of software crashes your GPUs, it's because the settings of the GPU don't match the demand placed on it by the software (or in the extreme case, the GPU settings are dialed beyond hardware capabilities.)

Just like different games have different workload profiles, so do different algorithms, as do different miners even for the same algorithm.  x16r class algos are actually a combination of multiple algorithms with different workload profiles (intended to deter asic development,) and as such is one of the hardest algos to tune for.  In addition, this miner in particular is a highly tuned piece of software compared to others, and squeezes more performance out of the card for any given GPU settings, but will require detailed attention to GPU settings at higher performance levels.

Bottom line, you'll need patience to tune for x16rv2 as you're really tuning for 16 different algos at once, unless you want to just dial your voltage-to-clocks ratio way up (which would be wasteful/inefficient.)

Shall we agree to disagree?

I mean, reading your reply over and over and you're actually telling me I should stand by my comment that this software is 100% buggy / untested / dangerous / you name it!!

If a piece of software based on freely available prior art try to push my GPU which according to developer has been fully tested / certified to work but it does NOT then I don't know how we define buggy software!

The other codes which this software is based on does not behave so aggressive! That's my point.

All these software come from the same source with certain modifications to work with different GPUs and mining different coins. But none as far as I have tested kill my rigs so fast and furious!

As a 20+ year professional coder, I follow logics and never jeopardize my customer's safety and or their property!!

Look at other similar mining software. Most, if not all, start slowly and stay that way UNLESS the user wants to raise things up. Then, they can use certain switches to do so - at their OWN risk!

And, where is the activity log for this software?? I tried to figure out at what point my rig / opus go to hell and come back - but no luck!! LOL

Anyway, peace guys! If you're happy with this tool, all the power and coins to you!

I'm going to see if I can come up with my solution. github is heaven for coders! if things work out, it will be free for all - cause all I did was writing bunch of codes. You guys pay for everything else and helping shape the future....
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 07:10:44 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2020, 07:36:09 AM by pbfarmer

Prob want to change your thinking on this a bit - neither miners, nor software utilizing GPUs in general (e.g. games) are inherently unstable unless they are buggy (this miner is not.)  Instead, any time a piece of software crashes your GPUs, it's because the settings of the GPU don't match the demand placed on it by the software (or in the extreme case, the GPU settings are dialed beyond hardware capabilities.)

Just like different games have different workload profiles, so do different algorithms, as do different miners even for the same algorithm.  x16r class algos are actually a combination of multiple algorithms with different workload profiles (intended to deter asic development,) and as such is one of the hardest algos to tune for.  In addition, this miner in particular is a highly tuned piece of software compared to others, and squeezes more performance out of the card for any given GPU settings, but will require detailed attention to GPU settings at higher performance levels.

Shall we agree to disagree?

I mean, reading your reply over and over and you're actually telling me I should stand by my comment that this software is 100% buggy / untested / dangerous / you name it!!

If a piece of software based on freely available prior art try to push my GPU which according to developer has been fully tested / certified to work but it does NOT then I don't know how we define buggy software!

The other codes which this software is based on does not behave so aggressive! That's my point.

All these software come from the same source with certain modifications to work with different GPUs and mining different coins. But none as far as I have tested kill my rigs so fast and furious!

As a 20+ year professional coder, I follow logics and never jeopardize my customer's safety and or their property!!

Look at other similar mining software. Most, if not all, start slowly and stay that way UNLESS the user wants to raise things up. Then, they can use certain switches to do so - at their OWN risk!

And, where is the activity log for this software?? I tried to figure out at what point my rig / opus go to hell and come back - but no luck!! LOL

Anyway, peace guys! If you're happy with this tool, all the power and coins to you!

I'm going to see if I can come up with my solution. github is heaven for coders! if things work out, it will be free for all - cause all I did was writing bunch of codes. You guys pay for everything else and helping shape the future....

Not sure how what I wrote tells you the software is buggy.  I said the opposite. I’m simply sharing what I’ve come to realize after years of doing this, including tuning at least a dozen different miners, on 4 different generations of AMD GPUs, in both Win and Linux.  GPU crashes are almost always a result of improper tuning of clocks and voltages.  Saying that “some other miner AND algorithm works with X settings, so why doesn’t this different miner / algo work”, is like asking why you can’t play fortnite on the minimal settings that you used for Tetris.

Also FYI, this miner is not derivative - which is why it’s so much better than the others.  These guys hand code asm for a lot of the algos, in order to flush out compiler inefficiencies which rob you of performance.

You will not find better written miners (w/ the possible exception of lolminer for certain algos), as like you alluded to (but mistakenly included TRM in your assessment,) most miners are simply copies of one original, inefficient code base written in higher level languages.

It’s possible you can write something as performant as TRM yourself, but I would brush up on your AMD GCN assembly skills, because that’s what it will take.

Anyway, if you’re looking for more help specifically with TRM, kerney666 is your man - he’s one of the developers and in general very responsive/helpful.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 08:22:26 AM

Can i run 12 vegas under windows same rig with this miner?

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
ku4eto

Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 07:53:15 PM

Can i run 12 vegas under windows same rig with this miner?
The miner is not going to stop you.
Its probably Windows and the AMD driver.
souvenir12

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 11:10:36 PM

Dear Dev, please add AMD RDNA support. Phoenix and claymore steal shares like 3-4% or so, which is sad.
Exadro

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 02:29:09 AM

why every time I mining using Algo CNR turtle is always blocked by IP? and the share that I get always rejects. is there a solution for this?
NinjaTrust

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 12:44:43 PM

It's time to add Argon2id Ninja variant  Cheesy
ZombieWorm

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:00:42 PM

What has happened to the miner? I wondered why on new drivers the DEAD error was coming up and looks like the miner has not really been updated this year.  Huh
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:03:57 PM

What has happened to the miner? I wondered why on new drivers the DEAD error was coming up and looks like the miner has not really been updated this year.  Huh
You must give more info about your system, drivers, cards, what algo you mine.

I mine eth on RX580 8Gb latest drivers and Windows 10. All works fine.
ZombieWorm

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 07:35:04 AM

My bad bro.

I have Win 10 Pro (1903), vega 56, Adrenalin 20.4.1, usually mine on Saber (TUBE). After going over the settings few times it looks like the miner, only asking as its not had an update on Git for over 4 months which may be just waiting till the devs are back.
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 07:36:14 AM

My bad bro.

I have Win 10 Pro (1903), vega 56, Adrenalin 20.4.1, usually mine on Saber (TUBE). After going over the settings few times it looks like the miner, only asking as its not had an update on Git for over 4 months which may be just waiting till the devs are back.
Try to rollback drivers to 20.3.1.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 08:42:13 PM

My bad bro.

Try Phoenix - perhaps!

Unless urgently required to mine some retarded coins supported by this developer, I see zero reason to give myself hard time wondering - say; how many drivers I must rollback and then maybe maybe maybe my rig runs for an hour before forced reboot!!

I had my share of issues when really really really wanted to collect some ravencoin but gave up because of this thing!

So, I decided to buy some RV instead!
ZombieWorm

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 10:18:26 PM

Try Phoenix - perhaps!

Unless urgently required to mine some retarded coins supported by this developer, I see zero reason to give myself hard time wondering - say; how many drivers I must rollback and then maybe maybe maybe my rig runs for an hour before forced reboot!!

I had my share of issues when really really really wanted to collect some ravencoin but gave up because of this thing!

Phoenix only mines ETH based algo's!

This thread is for TRM and the algo's it works best on are CN. Im not sure why people are so aggressive posting words like retarded - Im happy to wait. I genuinely like the miner and the devs over the years, I am hoping they respond some time.

I use my main rig for work and odd session of gaming so rolling back drivers isn't something I have to do, its not like a 6 card mining machine that needs to be hammering it 24/7. If I really had to I would check out the other miners that work, this was to top up the stash and take a look into the staking - which you need I think 2k to be able to. I have some on an exchange but the state of affairs is not exactly good to trade away.

Thanks for the input anyway!  Cool
bithuman

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 07:16:22 AM

List argon2id Ninja please  Cheesy
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 03:27:04 AM

Try Phoenix - perhaps!

Phoenix only mines ETH based algo's!

This thread is for TRM and the algo's it works best on are CN. Im not sure why people are so aggressive posting words like retarded - Im happy to wait. I genuinely like the miner and the devs over the years, I am hoping they respond some time.

I use my main rig for work and odd session of gaming so rolling back drivers isn't something I have to do, its not like a 6 card mining machine that needs to be hammering it 24/7. If I really had to I would check out the other miners that work, this was to top up the stash and take a look into the staking - which you need I think 2k to be able to. I have some on an exchange but the state of affairs is not exactly good to trade away.

Thanks for the input anyway!  Cool

Try discord. Their invitation link is in their main post for folks to catch them there.

Good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »
  Print  

Jump to: