Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44706 times)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Giving name will be losing our competitive edge at the moment Smiley Hope you understand.

You have competitors already? Which ones? I didnt see exchanges where crypto trading with shares. I just see exchange with deriatives (like Fota for example)  Huh

Everyone can be a competitor. Or a partner. But it is better to do not share some secret recipe. As example the exchange in your signature, or Ternion, etc.

But even if someone knows how to do it that does not mean they wil do it.

Most exchanges are here to take a piece of the cake. So they just deliver a working service, a working product, and then heavily invest in marketing to acquire market shares; this is how it works in the retail brokerage industry too.

And it works! So why should exchanges / brokers should bother themselves to rethink UI, UX, and value proposition since they can make a bunch of money reusing what currently exists ? There are company everywhere offering whitelabel of exchanges.

This is why we are different Smiley We are here to really make a change, and to really have an impact, this is why we have started Jarvis. Not to add another exchange to the stack. So even if other exchanges could add CFD, stocks and so on, maybe they will not do it, or maybe they will, but it will not make a difference. If you take people who are not here to change things, or are not willing to shake things, but just see building an exchange as a business opportunity, they will succeed, get rich, but that's all.

We are here to change things!

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

The idea of the project is great, but the submission is rather sketchy. Especially the mandatory KYC also reduces the attractiveness of the project. Hopefully these two things will be fixed soon.

KYC is mandatory for the ICO; not for the exchange as soon as you use it in a semi-decentralized way and trading only crypto assets.

I think you guys should state this explicitly as people like me don't want to go through the KYC process on an exchange.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:52:58 PM

The idea of the project is great, but the submission is rather sketchy. Especially the mandatory KYC also reduces the attractiveness of the project. Hopefully these two things will be fixed soon.

KYC is mandatory for the ICO; not for the exchange as soon as you use it in a semi-decentralized way and trading only crypto assets.

I think you guys should state this explicitly as people like me don't want to go through the KYC process on an exchange.

You dont need to make a KYC for using semi-decentralized exchange.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 04:35:54 PM

but, how if we make deposit more than $10k? some centralized exchange didn't ask kyc if we not make deposit less than $10k.
and, if jarvis serve fiat gateway, i think kyc is required for who want deposit through fiat gateway.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:32:51 PM

Giving name will be losing our competitive edge at the moment Smiley Hope you understand.

You have competitors already? Which ones? I didnt see exchanges where crypto trading with shares. I just see exchange with deriatives (like Fota for example)  Huh

Everyone can be a competitor. Or a partner. But it is better to do not share some secret recipe. As example the exchange in your signature, or Ternion, etc.

Most exchanges are here to take a piece of the cake. So they just deliver a working service, a working product, and then heavily invest in marketing to acquire market shares; this is how it works in the retail brokerage industry too.

And it works! So why should exchanges / brokers should bother themselves to rethink UI, UX, and value proposition since they can make a bunch of money reusing what currently exists ? There are company everywhere offering whitelabel of exchanges.

This is why we are different Smiley We are here to really make a change, and to really have an impact, this is why we have started Jarvis. Not to add another exchange to the stack. So even if other exchanges could add CFD, stocks and so on, maybe they will not do it, or maybe they will, but it will not make a difference. If you take people who are not here to change things, or are not willing to shake things, but just see building an exchange as a business opportunity, they will succeed, get rich, but that's all.

You right, there are always competitors even if they don't have crypto/stocks pairs, they can copy UI, trading engine, copy the UX and so on (even how the customer service is delivered)

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:55:04 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 07:19:54 PM by Rigorous

Therefore, maybe the truth is in the middle : to always have two tokens, one for staking/dividend, and one for utility. There is a VERY interesting one, one of our advisors work on. http://wetonomy.com/ and the concept of debt token is very promising to me. An interesting mix could be : you could sell an utility token (to pay fees); for each utility token bought, you send as well 7, 10 or 20 times more "debt token". You buy back debt token with your profit so contributors receive somehow a dividend until they run out of token, and they still have a utility token.

I have never seriously considered debt tokens. Debt was the reason for the financial crisis and likewise the reason for creating Bitcoin. Even if there would be a debt token that entitles the owner to receive utility tokens or security tokens, how can you really trust you get repaid? A smart contract linked to the company's treasury? That only works if the treasury is actually worth something.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

but, how if we make deposit more than $10k? some centralized exchange didn't ask kyc if we not make deposit less than $10k.
and, if jarvis serve fiat gateway, i think kyc is required for who want deposit through fiat gateway.

Isn't it also necessary to have your users to do KYC when the exchange wants to operate in the United States?
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:51:12 PM

Considering that the market is down now and the selectivity of projects by investors has increased, we can consider Jarvis a project of extreme potential, raising 1.2m in its beginning is a feat and so much now
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:03:45 PM

Considering that the market is down now and the selectivity of projects by investors has increased, we can consider Jarvis a project of extreme potential, raising 1.2m in its beginning is a feat and so much now
You are right, for most ICO projects now there is no choice - they can only postpone tokensale for an indefinite period before the time when everything stabilizes.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:14:41 PM

You are right, for most ICO projects now there is no choice - they can only postpone tokensale for an indefinite period before the time when everything stabilizes.
is true with the market under these conditions many ico will have only one choice to postpone or extend the fundraising period, but i think this will not be the case of jarvis because investors know how to recognize a winning idea and they invest on it also in these bad market conditions, and this is a winning project in my opinion, i hope the team will be able to complete it...
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:16:54 PM

We could highlight it more (it is said in the WP: user can use the exchange in a centralized or decentralized way, with, or without KYC; but without KYC it closes the door to many cool feature such as Fx, stocks, payment, some lending options, etc.).

Therefore Jarvis can be used in a total anonymous way, but only with crypto and Dapps that does not require any KYC.

I am personnally shared: while I love do not pass KYC, I also love Fx trading... so I will be forced to go through Smiley

But you mention something very important: we should highlight it WAY MORE so we do not lose potential users Smiley Thanks a lot for your feedback.

On a side note, may I ask you why it is so important for you? And why you wouldn't want to go through a KYC procedure?

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
sambuddha

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:20:26 PM

The projects themselves are to blame. The amount of scam is growing at a tremendous pace, investors do not want to lose their money and do not risk investing in most projects.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:24:10 PM

Isn't it also necessary to have your users to do KYC when the exchange wants to operate in the United States?

DEFINITELY ! Cheesy unless you are a real decentralized exchange; when I mean decentralized I mean almost does not exist : I mean an exchange with no team, no owner, just an open public code on github, run on masternode over the world, or even better, by users.

When we started Jarvis we went on the possibility to make EVERY users a node; if you constantly have 100 000 users connected, then it might be an interesting setup; but it would slow down some uers device so... maybe not scalable. But a solution close to that, so fully decentralized, own and managed by users, with no profit and only a circular economy, might not require a KYC, even in USA Smiley

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

The projects themselves are to blame. The amount of scam is growing at a tremendous pace, investors do not want to lose their money and do not risk investing in most projects.

True. Raise of Eth > raise of ICO > raise of Scam > raise of disappointment.

For me there were two bubble, the BTC and the ICO one; didn't know which one will burst the first. Well, both did it Smiley

It is pretty bad because we started our project in 2017, before the ICO bubble; and when we found out that you can raise funds through a community that believes in you, that will be your users basically, and that everyone can do it, then I started dreaming big. We didn't want to make an ICO because the project was not mature enough and we didn't want to have a end product different from the WP.

It was maybe a mistake, because now we have a very good project, but the market conditions are not helping us Smiley This is why we planned on an airdrop, to share our project, and raise the awereness of Jarvis; this is also why we didn't want to postpone our ICO, because we will launch our project doesn't matter what happen; but we have divided the ICO into two to maximize our change to raise enough for the project to be run for few years even if, for a reason or another one, we do not make profit the first year.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:31:26 PM

is true with the market under these conditions many ico will have only one choice to postpone or extend the fundraising period, but i think this will not be the case of jarvis because investors know how to recognize a winning idea and they invest on it also in these bad market conditions, and this is a winning project in my opinion, i hope the team will be able to complete it...

I am agree with you; we receive everyday positive signal from people willing to contribute. But you need to reach out these person. And that is more complicated at the moment.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:31:36 PM

We could highlight it more (it is said in the WP: user can use the exchange in a centralized or decentralized way, with, or without KYC; but without KYC it closes the door to many cool feature such as Fx, stocks, payment, some lending options, etc.).

Therefore Jarvis can be used in a total anonymous way, but only with crypto and Dapps that does not require any KYC.

I am personnally shared: while I love do not pass KYC, I also love Fx trading... so I will be forced to go through Smiley

But you mention something very important: we should highlight it WAY MORE so we do not lose potential users Smiley Thanks a lot for your feedback.

On a side note, may I ask you why it is so important for you? And why you wouldn't want to go through a KYC procedure?

i think some people don't want the kyc procedure because they just don't want to submit their docs or they simply don't want others know their financial transactions. however, if you are dealing with cryptocurrency and wanted to exchange in your fiat money, most of those local exchanges require kyc, at least the minimum requirement is your valid photo. so there's really no escaping of this kyc thing if you're in crypto for so long already.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:34:08 PM

Therefore, maybe the truth is in the middle : to always have two tokens, one for staking/dividend, and one for utility. There is a VERY interesting one, one of our advisors work on. http://wetonomy.com/ and the concept of debt token is very promising to me. An interesting mix could be : you could sell an utility token (to pay fees); for each utility token bought, you send as well 7, 10 or 20 times more "debt token". You buy back debt token with your profit so contributors receive somehow a dividend until they run out of token, and they still have a utility token.

I have never seriously considered debt tokens. Debt was the reason for the financial crisis and likewise the reason for creating Bitcoin. Even if there would be a debt token that entitles the owner to receive utility tokens or security tokens, how can you really trust you get repaid? A smart contract linked to the company's treasury? That only works if the treasury is actually worth something.

Well it is basically a buy back program like a lot of companies are doing; but instead of buying back the token itself, you buy back another token which has been distributed at the same time as the other token.

Everything is managed through smartcontract of course.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:40:11 PM

You right, there are always competitors even if they don't have crypto/stocks pairs, they can copy UI, trading engine, copy the UX and so on (even how the customer service is delivered)

Yes they can; but there is something they cannot : have your ideas before you implement them. Look at Robinhood. Now everyone is copying them. Cobinhood, Revolut, etc. Will they succeed ? Maybe. But you generated value the first? Robinhood.

Also, you can copy UI and UX, but you can't copy a spirit, or an experience. And trust me, brokers and exchanges do not care about UI/UX because they do not value it.

In the brokerage world you have as example Pro Realtime: fantastic features, superb experience. Who copied them to integrate their idea or experience in their platform? 0 broker... they have all adopted MT4, the most awful and less user-focus platform ever. Why? Well because it is platform that does not help users, and makes broker win a lot.

Binance, they have a huge amount of money. Did they try to change their UI/UX ? No... is it a good one... well not for me... there is way better. Kraken... the deposit/withdraw requires so many clicks and is so non logic... but they keep not improving it.

When I started trading on Bittrex on march 2017, the portfolio/wallet value was only displayed in BTC... I had to use my calculator everyday to know how much I had in dollar... They changed it in July or august.... why wait all this time?

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:42:51 PM

i think some people don't want the kyc procedure because they just don't want to submit their docs or they simply don't want others know their financial transactions. however, if you are dealing with cryptocurrency and wanted to exchange in your fiat money, most of those local exchanges require kyc, at least the minimum requirement is your valid photo. so there's really no escaping of this kyc thing if you're in crypto for so long already.

True; you can go from the "fiat" world to the crytpo one without KYC (selling service paid in BTC, or mining, or selling your stuff against crypto in a market place allowing that) but you cannot exit crypto to go in fiat without KYC; or at least not in most of the country.

So let say you become "millionaire in usd" by trading/investing in crypto on a decentralized exchange; how do you enjoy your money in the real life?

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:44:08 PM

Well, I know that not all the exchange applies KYC/AML measure; but they take a risk doing so. But of course it depends the country where you are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: