Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388973 times)
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:44:38 PM

I would also like to say I like the name HEMP but my vote is for THC. We have built a strong name for THC and it is growing everyday. I don't want to confuse everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmsr1978

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

No that link was definitely a virus, look at the top. Edited by a mod to say it was a virus.
That's not the right THC so the worry is about them tainting this THC.

http://hempcoin.org/hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe

Not Found

The requested URL /hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe was not found on this server.

Help?

http://hempcoin.org/hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe definitely works.

Thanks, it does work now. The link did not work earlier Smiley

It is my fault, we switched over to the new website which is on a different server so the location of the wallet had changed. I updated it but there may be some missing links still. Polishing the new website today.

Hey! Good the new web is online but the video is not the up-to-date version with 125 coins reward.... i put the link here somewhere to the mpeg 4...need to look where and will post it here again

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
jmsr1978

Activity: 355

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:56:03 PM

Here it is the version of the video with the small corrections http://www.mediafire.com/watch/czc0dadb0fu9bsu/Hempcoin125.mp4

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:29:38 PM

Here it is the version of the video with the small corrections http://www.mediafire.com/watch/czc0dadb0fu9bsu/Hempcoin125.mp4

Thanks I have updated it Smiley
killsig

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:18:58 PM

I don't mean to be rude with my statement, so please don't take it that way!! Smiley

Personally I don't think $THC has nearly the name or reputation you guys think it has.  I don't know about you guys but I don't see ANYONE talking about THC on twitter, so really, what epic name have we created for ourselves that can be tarnished? 

Also, we always get thought of as a POT coin which we are not.  A great way to get away from that is to stop using THC and switch to HEMP.

We've seen other coins switch and it hasn't mattered in the end.   Heck, it may be a way to do another marketing push..

Either way, it doesn't matter to me but my vote is for HEMP

Time for my brutally honest opinion after spending another week or two(a couple weeks back) trying to push the price and the hashrate. We're sitting at 63 sats and 0.019 btc volume on bittrex.  There's absolutely no reason for a user to use this coin right now, not one. Unless this coin starts coming up with something real, it's going to die. Look at potcoin struggle and they do a HELL of a lot more than this community does.

I'm not trying to be an ass and maybe it's just time for someone reel me back in again and show me the light... but I'm getting to the point where I need to start focusing on what's going to pay off so I can start telling myself this crypto thing isn't a hobby.  I've given hempcoin more support than any coin out there so please don't think of me as a hater, I'm trying to look at things realistically. Supporting a coin that really has nothing going for it won't last for me for much longer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm once again frustrated.  I have 8GPU's that hash blake256 24/7, so I pay for that power.  I take almost every satoshi from that and put it into either buying hashing power for the THC network or buying THC.  I also spend $35/month on good VPS to host the block explorer.   .....I also built the beta block explorer.  I've invested a lot into this coin and continue to invest as I watch the alt market change from pump and dump to "ONLY THE GREATEST WILL SUCCEED-IF THEY ARE LUCKY".   

...I know, I know... I still need to get that press release done.  But if you think a random coin of the day article on a crypto site is going to push the price to 1000 sats.... I'd like to let you know that the game has changed.. Wink

Once again, I'm not trying to be a dick or put anyone down or anything like that.. Yes, it was my choice to support hempcoin and I LOVE hempcoin but my reality at the moment is that I have a bunch of hempcoin that's worth 63 sats and an alt market that's getting more serious by the day.  If a very serious use case doesn't come out for this coin, where do you think it's going?  Does anyone really think that hemp farmers will choose hempcoin over bitcoin? 

Looking for input, looking to be reeled back in, looking for some reason to keep expending energy. Cheesy
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:35:23 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 07:48:52 PM by fartbags

There is some stuff going on. I think hempcoin is close to moving up to a stable 200 to 300 satoshi range. Better scrypt ASICs are coming out that are power efficient. 200 MH/s for only 400 W of power. I am trying to get some media involved in the coin.

I am still liking the diversity of who owns the coin idea. The technical side of things is covered. We need some good looking smooth talking men/women. We need these good looking talkers to go to meet up groups and tell other people about HEMP coin. HEMP industry, angel investor, media/journalists and cryptocoin meetup groups would all be good to attend. We need to expand out of just the cryptocoin group of people who are involved.

I agree with everything killsig said. This coin is unknown. Change to HEMP officially and it will benefit the coin. Everyone thinks this is another drug coin. POT and CANN already have that market. We need this change to put this coin in a niche market all by itself and so it can be the original HEMP coin.

I think this coin is big enough that we can just claim both names. Do [HEMP] hemp coin a.k.a. THC the hemp coin. Why would any other coin try to touch THC after we have used it for so long? If some other coin tries to use THC after we switch to HEMP, THC the hemp coin would show up on google for it and bring us more attention. No one would try to use it. Someone will try to use HEMP before us and then we are screwed. I am very worried that someone else will use HEMP.

compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:04:26 PM

There is some stuff going on. I think hempcoin is close to moving up to a stable 200 to 300 satoshi range. Better scrypt ASICs are coming out that are power efficient. 200 MH/s for only 400 W of power. I am trying to get some media involved in the coin.

I am still liking the diversity of who owns the coin idea. The technical side of things is covered. We need some good looking smooth talking men/women. We need these good looking talkers to go to meet up groups and tell other people about HEMP coin. HEMP industry, angel investor, media/journalists and cryptocoin meetup groups would all be good to attend. We need to expand out of just the cryptocoin group of people who are involved.

I agree with everything killsig said. This coin is unknown. Change to HEMP officially and it will benefit the coin. Everyone thinks this is another drug coin. POT and CANN already have that market. We need this change to put this coin in a niche market all by itself and so it can be the original HEMP coin.

I think this coin is big enough that we can just claim both names. Do [HEMP] hemp coin a.k.a. THC the hemp coin. Why would any other coin try to touch THC after we have used it for so long? If some other coin tries to use THC after we switch to HEMP, THC the hemp coin would show up on google for it and bring us more attention. No one would try to use it. Someone will try to use HEMP before us and then we are screwed. I am very worried that someone else will use HEMP.

I like the diversity stuff too. I think someone will try to use HEMP soon. Please add [HEMP] and [THC] into the title of this thread and make a message in the OP and call it diversity-branding to remove associations with cannabis for certain people. There are no rules about tickers! We're claiming two names! [HEMP] and [THC]. We get to double up on search terms when people are searching online. Diversity and decentralization are the best.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:07:38 PM

There are no rules about tickers! We're claiming two names! [HEMP] and [THC].

+1 to no rules in crypto yet.

We are claiming two names.

I do not care myself which one gets used on exchanges. We just need to lay claim to them both right now before someone else takes HEMP. Marketing it huge. Do not let any other HEMP coin get created.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:13:04 PM

HEMP is soon to be the biggest crop in the world. Farmers are going to be ditching corn and soy for HEMP.

ballzdeep

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:36:13 PM

I also vote for HEMP, this coin was marketed from launch to be about hemp, not the drug part.

This makes me wonder why you would have bags of weed when staking/mining/transfering coins ? this is mixed signals you dont want that...

please go more organic and make it about the crop and its uses only.

This is how I think anyway Smiley

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:23:11 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 11:40:44 PM by kryptologist

I don't mean to be rude with my statement, so please don't take it that way!! Smiley

Personally I don't think $THC has nearly the name or reputation you guys think it has.  I don't know about you guys but I don't see ANYONE talking about THC on twitter, so really, what epic name have we created for ourselves that can be tarnished?  

Also, we always get thought of as a POT coin which we are not.  A great way to get away from that is to stop using THC and switch to HEMP.

We've seen other coins switch and it hasn't mattered in the end.   Heck, it may be a way to do another marketing push..

Time for my brutally honest opinion after spending another week or two(a couple weeks back) trying to push the price and the hashrate. We're sitting at 63 sats and 0.019 btc volume on bittrex.  There's absolutely no reason for a user to use this coin right now, not one. Unless this coin starts coming up with something real, it's going to die. Look at potcoin struggle and they do a HELL of a lot more than this community does.

I'm not trying to be an ass and maybe it's just time for someone reel me back in again and show me the light... but I'm getting to the point where I need to start focusing on what's going to pay off so I can start telling myself this crypto thing isn't a hobby.  I've given hempcoin more support than any coin out there so please don't think of me as a hater, I'm trying to look at things realistically. Supporting a coin that really has nothing going for it won't last for me for much longer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm once again frustrated.  I have 8GPU's that hash blake256 24/7, so I pay for that power.  I take almost every satoshi from that and put it into either buying hashing power for the THC network or buying THC.  I also spend $35/month on good VPS to host the block explorer.   .....I also built the beta block explorer.  I've invested a lot into this coin and continue to invest as I watch the alt market change from pump and dump to "ONLY THE GREATEST WILL SUCCEED-IF THEY ARE LUCKY".  

...I know, I know... I still need to get that press release done.  But if you think a random coin of the day article on a crypto site is going to push the price to 1000 sats.... I'd like to let you know that the game has changed.. Wink

Once again, I'm not trying to be a dick or put anyone down or anything like that.. Yes, it was my choice to support hempcoin and I LOVE hempcoin but my reality at the moment is that I have a bunch of hempcoin that's worth 63 sats and an alt market that's getting more serious by the day.  If a very serious use case doesn't come out for this coin, where do you think it's going?  Does anyone really think that hemp farmers will choose hempcoin over bitcoin?  

Looking for input, looking to be reeled back in, looking for some reason to keep expending energy. Cheesy

This coin has always had a strong community. It is more of a long term coin you can stake and gain value. I do wish the miners would stop dumping though (even though I'm scooping them up cheap).  

If you want to do what other coins are doing to increase the price you need whale backing. I'm sure the CANN market was almost entirely pumped by the developers. You need probably $5000 to buy up THC, then another $5000 in buy support. The overall goal is to set a new floor for the coin. This is extremely profitable if you have enough coins. I am still accumulating coins and waiting for the right time. What you say is music to a traders ears. They are just waiting for you to dump your coins away for dirt cheap so they can pump it and make tons.

You made the best block explorer in crypto. Be proud. But no body knows this. I feel we need marketing and promotions to get people on board. I want to challenge the crypto industry to make a better block explorer than yours. I can write an awesome article about it and then we all tweet it to everyone.

The new website is up and has a nice new video, we should tweet about it make sure everyone sees it. We can write articles on the new website and then everyone just needs to press the tweet button and we will be able to send messages out easier. Up until this point there has been little to no marketing and the coin is doing great. There is so much room to grow here.

I have also been working on a promotion (the hemp store) for this coin with another community member. I have implemented the C-CEX merchant API and done some testing. So far everything seems to be working, I can store all orders in the database and verify orders by making json calls to C-CEX. You can test the basic checkout process here.

http://www.hempcoin.org/ccexmerchant/hempstore.php

This means anyone who wants to sell hemp products can easily do so through our website.

I don't know any other alt with this implemented yet. This coin has lots to offer and people trying to make things happen. Its only a matter of time before something big happens. I would support a switch to HEMP with a big marketing push.
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:31:22 PM

Thanks much for the fix everything is working great, link and wallet. Wallet is syncing a lot faster compared to the older one (plus I like the change as far as colors Tongue).

As far as changing logo, I would say no, just my 2 cents.

Will be on this link more since there is more chatter going on here, and chatter I like!!

Goodluck everyone!
killsig

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:28:49 PM

No that link was definitely a virus, look at the top. Edited by a mod to say it was a virus.
That's not the right THC so the worry is about them tainting this THC.

http://hempcoin.org/hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe

Not Found

The requested URL /hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe was not found on this server.

Help?

http://hempcoin.org/hempcoin1.7.0.3-qt.exe definitely works.

Thanks, it does work now. The link did not work earlier Smiley

It is my fault, we switched over to the new website which is on a different server so the location of the wallet had changed. I updated it but there may be some missing links still. Polishing the new website today.

You guys are doing a great job on the website! Cheesy
with the lemons!

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:39:38 AM

Any idea when Pos will be working again ?

Keep voting on coinwarz, currently place 14.

After new wallet is released. That should happen in a week or two. You will love it Smiley
with the lemons!

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:50:44 AM

Personally I don't think $THC has nearly the name or reputation you guys think it has.  I don't know about you guys but I don't see ANYONE talking about THC on twitter, so really, what epic name have we created for ourselves that can be tarnished?  

Also, we always get thought of as a POT coin which we are not.  A great way to get away from that is to stop using THC and switch to HEMP.

We've seen other coins switch and it hasn't mattered in the end.   Heck, it may be a way to do another marketing push..

Time for my brutally honest opinion after spending another week or two(a couple weeks back) trying to push the price and the hashrate. We're sitting at 63 sats and 0.019 btc volume on bittrex.  There's absolutely no reason for a user to use this coin right now, not one. Unless this coin starts coming up with something real, it's going to die. Look at potcoin struggle and they do a HELL of a lot more than this community does.

I'm not trying to be an ass and maybe it's just time for someone reel me back in again and show me the light... but I'm getting to the point where I need to start focusing on what's going to pay off so I can start telling myself this crypto thing isn't a hobby.  I've given hempcoin more support than any coin out there so please don't think of me as a hater, I'm trying to look at things realistically. Supporting a coin that really has nothing going for it won't last for me for much longer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm once again frustrated.  I have 8GPU's that hash blake256 24/7, so I pay for that power.  I take almost every satoshi from that and put it into either buying hashing power for the THC network or buying THC.  I also spend $35/month on good VPS to host the block explorer.   .....I also built the beta block explorer.  I've invested a lot into this coin and continue to invest as I watch the alt market change from pump and dump to "ONLY THE GREATEST WILL SUCCEED-IF THEY ARE LUCKY".  

...I know, I know... I still need to get that press release done.  But if you think a random coin of the day article on a crypto site is going to push the price to 1000 sats.... I'd like to let you know that the game has changed.. Wink

Once again, I'm not trying to be a dick or put anyone down or anything like that.. Yes, it was my choice to support hempcoin and I LOVE hempcoin but my reality at the moment is that I have a bunch of hempcoin that's worth 63 sats and an alt market that's getting more serious by the day.  If a very serious use case doesn't come out for this coin, where do you think it's going?  Does anyone really think that hemp farmers will choose hempcoin over bitcoin?  

I understand you are impatient, I'm impatient too. Things take time. New wallet with killer features will be released soon. After that, I will be working on Android wallet. In meanwhile, we may get some merchant (doesn't have to be hemp related) to accept HEMP. I'm in contact with guys who are working on altcoin ATM and I think I could get Hempcoin in (but that will take at least month). Things are looking quite good in my opinion.  Price and volume isn't best, I know, but it was trading even lower. Only coins that are few days old and have big marketing team or coins which have some application (remember, you cannot buy single thing with HEMP yet) have better price.

As for changing ticker, I'm 100% for HEMP ticker. But you need to convince Tim Cheesy It's trivial change, but it would help a lot I think. You know, hemp doesn't contain any THC. Yes, it could mean The Hemp Coin, but that's just not as good as HEMP.

tldr: I'm happy with things and I know they will be even better. HEMP is better ticker than THC.

And I agree with kryptologist, Hempchain is best explorer in altcoin world. I can't wait for full version.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:10:31 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 06:21:06 AM by fartbags

Who dumped on bittrex? I would have bought your coins for way more. Huge dump of 1,100,000 coins all at once. Crazy. I guess there also didn't know about c-cex. There are still buy orders over there at 50+. I have been trading more in c-cex to support them since they offer the merchant service for any coin on their exchange.

Some lucky people picked up hemp coin all the way down at 18 satoshi. That is the price from 3 months ago. Pre block explorer and HTML5 wallet times.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:05:26 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 07:17:43 AM by fartbags

We need to bring some farmers in soon. We don't want them to feel like they're getting ripped off because the price just went up a bunch before they got in.

If you live in any of these cities could you please check out these meet ups? You can also look for other meet ups on other websites.
http://hemp.meetup.com/
http://hemp-farming.meetup.com/
http://industrial-hemp.meetup.com/

My suggest way of marketing here is secretive social marketing.
#1 dress and act like a farmer.
#2 get a friend to go to the meet up as a farmer. Get 2 friends, even better. It will build your social value when more than 1 person is interested in what you are saying.
#3 pretend like you don't know your friend and demo hemp coins for your friend during the "socializing period". A good time to socialize is 30 mins before the event and 30 mins after.
#4 have your friend ask certain questions for it that you already have the answer for.

Speak pretty loud and allow other people to see the screen if they want to listen in. People at these meet ups love learning new things. They love listening in and grouping around people talking and showing things.

The key to this type of marketing is to make them think you are one of them. A hemp farmer.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:21:44 PM

Who dumped on bittrex? I would have bought your coins for way more. Huge dump of 1,100,000 coins all at once. Crazy. I guess there also didn't know about c-cex. There are still buy orders over there at 50+. I have been trading more in c-cex to support them since they offer the merchant service for any coin on their exchange.

Some lucky people picked up hemp coin all the way down at 18 satoshi. That is the price from 3 months ago. Pre block explorer and HTML5 wallet times.

I snagged a bunch up cheap but in reality that is like less than a week of mining. I am sick of the miners dumping. Maybe we should switch to HEMP and cut off the mining. Too many coins in today's world.
89keys

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:17:02 PM

just want to say thanks to you guys!
i love this community! strong members and everything is friendly and relaxed!

big things are coming! Smiley
and some small things in 2-3 weeks  Wink

dont forget to vote! i am using my pc, my smartphone and my wifes smartfone to vote  Grin

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

and a big +1 for HEMP!

stay strong!
killsig

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:34:18 PM

I snagged a bunch up cheap but in reality that is like less than a week of mining. I am sick of the miners dumping. Maybe we should switch to HEMP and cut off the mining. Too many coins in today's world.

First off, thank you guys for reeling me back in as you have to do every few months.. LOL..  Embarrassed

I agree, cutting off the mining supply isn't a bad idea.  we already have too many coins.. lol :p
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: