Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65404 times)
Veilgets

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:44:27 PM

Your coin will evolve. Whether an extensive bounty company is planned or is there a bonus program in general?

Hey, yx67. Yes, we absolutely will have a bounty program. It is currently being designed and waiting on a few development/design items to be completed.

Our goal is to run a bounty program for at least 3 months trial period, and if it works out well for the project, we would love to continue it for a total of 1 year.

We may also have continual budget emission which we can use for year 2+ to incentivize the community to promote and improve Veil. If we do that, we may change the name to something more suitable than Bounty Program as they usually don't run that long.

Awesome. Given the time of year it is probably best to hold off on the bounty program until the new year?

Alot of people, myself included, won't be browsing forums that much during the holiday season.

I believe we'll launch the bounty program asap, seeing as it will be long running + split rewards based on participants rather than having a limited number of participant slots I don't think it matters a lot at what date we start it.
Raizou

Activity: 758
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:49:17 AM

Launching will be here in 2 weeks, right? I hope everything goes perfectly well.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:13:38 AM

Launching will be here in 2 weeks, right? I hope everything goes perfectly well.

Yea 8 december. Suprnova pool already has a site lined up ready to go!

So can get everything set up ready for the first block Wink
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:32:11 AM

Hey TheHas. I love the excitement!

A small correction, though: The mainnent launch has been pushed to December 15, 2018. The developers need a bit more time to make some extra security implementations and perform additional testing. We are making sure that everything is in top working condition at launch.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:21:44 AM

Hey TheHas. I love the excitement!

A small correction, though: The mainnent launch has been pushed to December 15, 2018. The developers need a bit more time to make some extra security implementations and perform additional testing. We are making sure that everything is in top working condition at launch.

Ah I see, I should pay more attention to updates! Well I should still be ready for 15 December! You only get to launch once so would rather see it done right.
walkingonthemoon

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:58:53 PM

Will the mining be avaiable to hive os or Will be Windows only?

Mining will be available for all OS's...
not sure about hive OS, but we will see once the project launched.

Which mining software do you recommend? Are you going to have detailed instructions on how to set up the mining process? This will be my first mine and I would like to get some advice. Thanks in advance!
Veilgets

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:15:42 PM

Which mining software do you recommend? Are you going to have detailed instructions on how to set up the mining process? This will be my first mine and I would like to get some advice. Thanks in advance!

We will have detailed instructions up for solo mining/mining pools. If u subscribe to our newsletter you will receive notice asap when the guides are available. https://mailchi.mp/protonmail/veil-news
VeilStrontium

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:51:07 AM

To add to what Veilgets has already said, we hope to have some info on performance for various GPUs available in the not too distant future also. We'll do all we can to make the mining process as accessible to people as can be.
walkingonthemoon

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

We will have detailed instructions up for solo mining/mining pools. If u subscribe to our newsletter you will receive notice asap when the guides are available. https://mailchi.mp/protonmail/veil-news

Thank you! Keep up the good work. 10 day left, very excited!
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:29:31 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2018, 03:01:14 PM by VeilDango

Hey everyone. We know many of you are anxiously waiting for the bounty program to start, so we'd like to give you an update.

We had initially wanted to launch earlier in anticipation of the paper wallet generator being ready by then. Unfortunately we have some more technical work needed for it to be ready, and being so close to mainnet launch, we will most likely be aligning the bounty program launch to be around/soon after mainnet launch so that we can skip using the paper wallet generator for generating receiving addresses, and just rely on the Veil wallet app. Using the app instead would mean less steps to generate receiving addresses and removes the need to import private keys to the wallet.

Apart from that, we have much of the bounty program already laid out and ready, so once we can announce a Veil app release date, expect the bounty program to follow soon after.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and hope for your understanding and continued support.
Lebedeva91Kra

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:30:38 AM

Good luck! Good thing you are! Projects created using distributed registry technologies will be in great demand in the near future.
AkunaMatata1991

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:00:22 AM

I think in your field your project will be one of the most worthy. The project to take its place all the necessary. Whenever a cryptocurrency will be used everywhere. It is only a matter of time.
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:47:26 AM

what algo?
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 11:31:23 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support!

what algo?
We will will be using X16RT, Veil's modified version of X16R. You can read more about this algorithm in our press release: Veil Project to Launch New X16RT Mining Algorithm for 'Fair' Coin Distribution.
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:50:12 PM

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support!

what algo?
We will will be using X16RT, Veil's modified version of X16R. You can read more about this algorithm in our press release: Veil Project to Launch New X16RT Mining Algorithm for 'Fair' Coin Distribution.

thanks and what miner to use mine X16RT with nvidia?
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

thanks and what miner to use mine X16RT with nvidia?
You will need a custom miner for X16RT which we will be providing at a later date.

As for the best GPU to use, we are still awaiting more details from the developers regarding that so we can't say for sure just yet. It's a new algorithm, after all. Once we know more we will disseminate the information to everyone.
opsofsile1983

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:04:56 PM

Interested in any information? Forum activity has become less! How is the project?
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:56:47 PM

Interested in any information? Forum activity has become less! How is the project?

The project is doing great and we're very busy getting everything ready for launch Smiley.
hatestreesap

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:07:52 AM

A promised single pool launch (100% of the hash on a single pool...no bueno) and 50% of the rewards to "fund" the dev team seems like a disaster coin waiting to happen.  Miners need a reason to mine and 25% of the reward, with the current prices, isn't very motivating.  There's many very successful projects that run just fine without a 50% dev fee.  There's also many that fail with a much higher dev fee.  A high dev fund doesn't substitute for a properly ran project.
VeilStrontium

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:16:06 AM

A promised single pool launch (100% of the hash on a single pool...no bueno) and 50% of the rewards to "fund" the dev team seems like a disaster coin waiting to happen.  Miners need a reason to mine and 25% of the reward, with the current prices, isn't very motivating.  There's many very successful projects that run just fine without a 50% dev fee.  There's also many that fail with a much higher dev fee.  A high dev fund doesn't substitute for a properly ran project.

Sorry to see you feel this way. Allow me to address your concerns anyhow:

Several pools will be available initially, though these are not all official (i.e. run by Veil). You can find info on hosts through this thread or on Discord about other pools.

Why 25% of the reward to miners? If you're assuming it's 25%/25% to miners/stakers that's inaccurate, as mining is greatly favoured during the hybrid phase. 50% of the reward does not go to the dev team. That 50% is split between R&D, reimbursing the initial project development and launch costs (as there was no ico and will be no premine), funding bounties, getting on exchanges, and finally team and operational costs. You're right there are plenty of projects running without that 50%, but those have had icos, premines, or started with blue ocean advantages. As we see it, there is absolutely no point giving more to miners (they already get the lion's share) of rewards if said rewards have no hope of gaining in value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: