Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65404 times)
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:14:33 PM

Anyone else having issues with sending coins from wallet to exchange?

When I try to send zerocoin to a bv address in my wallet the wallet locks up and goes to "not responding" and I eventually have to kill the wallet.

TIA
For on-line help, you should refer to the telegram group t.me/VEILProject.

I  would be grateful to receive the explanation  of those figures shown in "Precomputed %" column of Coin Control panel when Zerocoin is chosen. My current  Precomputed % equals to 97.37% for  each 100-denom. Does it mean when it reach 100% my denoms will win the bet and I will get 50 coins as the prize?
No, as I understand it. This is a probabilistic process. Depending on how many coins you have, from time to time you will receive a reward for block. It is unevenly distributed in time, but there is some frequency.

VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:21:23 PM

Announcing the architecture of the future Veil privacy protocol

Veil's new privacy protocol will be based on the Zerocash protocol and Sonic proofs, an improvement to zk-SNARKs with superior scalability.

For the interim, a Zerocoin vulnerability fix has also been found and will soon be implemented.

Read more here: https://veil-project.com/blog/new-veil-protocol/
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:11:17 AM

Announcing the architecture of the future Veil privacy protocol

Veil's new privacy protocol will be based on the Zerocash protocol and Sonic proofs, an improvement to zk-SNARKs with superior scalability.

For the interim, a Zerocoin vulnerability fix has also been found and will soon be implemented.

Read more here: https://veil-project.com/blog/new-veil-protocol/

Solid news! This should attract more users and investors towards Veil over time. This has got to be one of the best privacy coins in 2019.
pickupcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1203
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 11:52:16 AM

I've tried what was told on the Telegram about the wallet issue close while syncing. Has anyone here at the forum been able to? Because I'm not! Is there anything else I can try?
Just try to download the daily snapshot as an alternative way to sync your wallet and if you still get a forced close and then you can try to uninstall your wallet and install it again. But you must download the latest snapshot to make it faster. Have you used the latest version of veil wallet?

Here you are recommending to download new snapshots ever day. And how practical is this? Taking in to account the size of the snapshot, it looks very impractical for me (not applicable for those users with good downloading speed). Even I have faced this issue... of the wallet crashing while the sync is going on... it is a bit frustrating. Happened two times this week.
It's efficient for me when my wallet gets crashed and i can put my own on the latest block used that snapshot and there was no a lot of differences with sync your wallet through the automatic update that already there on the wallet.

the snap-shoot gives you a guarantee to put your wallet on the latest block, and that will not require a lot of times.

I have a situation where my fresh installed wallet crashed 20 minutes after regularly fully synced. After the restart, crashed again when I try to create a new address. For the third time, everything worked well. Now I keep him closed because I do not have coins there until now.
Is it really so unstable?

l3pox
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1132

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:36:18 PM

I have a situation where my fresh installed wallet crashed 20 minutes after regularly fully synced. After the restart, crashed again when I try to create a new address. For the third time, everything worked well. Now I keep him closed because I do not have coins there until now.

no, it's usually quite stable for me.
have you checked debug.log to check why it is crashing?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 01:24:00 AM

No. It's actually just you. My wallet has been open 24/7. Just staking away. I never have issues if I restart wallet and need to sync blocks.
Everything seems to run perfect on my end. getting about 10% a month staking rewards.

Maybe your Computer Clock is off?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 03:26:41 AM

No. It's actually just you. My wallet has been open 24/7. Just staking away. I never have issues if I restart wallet and need to sync blocks.
Everything seems to run perfectly on my end. getting about 10% a month staking rewards.

I have not synced the wallet for more than 2 months and in order to mature the blocks, it is talking a lot of time. So we need to wait for blocks until it starts maturing? For some people, the blocks are maturing within minutes?
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:17:14 AM

Everything seems to run perfectly on my end. getting about 10% a month staking rewards.

I have not synced the wallet for more than 2 months and in order to mature the blocks, it is talking a lot of time. So we need to wait for blocks until it starts maturing? For some people, the blocks are maturing within minutes?

Are you talking about syncing blocks? What do you mean by maturing?
It's should take like 1-3 seconds per block to sync.

What kind of internet connection/ 3rd word computer are you working with?

I'm about to make my own blockchain snapshot so you guys can get up and running...
But then again, I'm staking and don't want you to steal my blocks...

So, it's that type of paradox: Helping you means hurting me  Undecided

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 12:40:55 PM

Everything seems to run perfect on my end. getting about 10% a month staking rewards.

My wallet also crashed a couple of times in the past, but that was during the syncing process and not after that. And the worst part is that when I restarted the wallet, the sync started from a much earlier date. But I guess in my case the crash was caused by the incompatibility of some of the programs that were running at the same time in my laptop.
marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 01:29:56 PM

the same here, I found this coin yesterday and realised that this could be very interesting. I am not able to get it full sync. Wallet always crashes during the sync. After the next run it starts syncing from the 01/2019 again, and after hour-two crashes again.  Undecided
using the latest version from your github on win7 system and 1Gbps wired connection with public IP. Really do not know where should be a problem. I run another 8 POS coin wallets on this system without any problems.

any idea?
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 02:26:02 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 02:47:08 PM by JoenNL

the same here, I found this coin yesterday and realised that this could be very interesting. I am not able to get it full sync. Wallet always crashes during the sync. After the next run it starts syncing from the 01/2019 again, and after hour-two crashes again.  Undecided
using the latest version from your github on win7 system and 1Gbps wired connection with public IP. Really do not know where should be a problem. I run another 8 POS coin wallets on this system without any problems.

any idea?

Hey marecek666!

When it starts syncing from 01/2019 (release day) it means - in short words - he can not find your blockchain.
!Before you do this, close your wallet!
What you can do to solve this is to replace the snapshot (blockchain). By replace i mean you need to delete the next folders (standard they are placed in your roaming folder): zerocoin, indexes, chainstate and blocks.

official snapshot download place:
https://veil.tools/docs/snapshots.html

Here u can choose to download the daily or weekly snapshot (aka blockchain.raw).

After you downloaded the snapshot you can place this 4 folders at the same place where u just deleted this folders.

When done:
Start wallet, problem should be solved now

Ps. its a known issue what is already solved in the master, you can build the master on your own, if you dont know how to do it you can visit discord OR you can wait for the official next release what will be comming soon (and it will bring more cool stuff!)

-------------
@Mr.Ease
Np, i will help everybody what are having problems around getting stakes or if they have other issues regarding the wallet Cheesy

On discord you can tag me in #support channel: @JoenPool or @Grumpy or @Sean or @Hort for an example Cheesy

JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 02:39:05 PM

Anyone else having issues with sending coins from wallet to exchange?

When I try to send zerocoin to a bv address in my wallet the wallet locks up and goes to "not responding" and I eventually have to kill the wallet.

TIA

Hey!

Your wallet will be on state: not responding, when you try to use it while its calculating the zerocoin -> bv transactions.

When you try to send zerocoin your wallet will always freeze for some time (in my case its mostly like 10 seconds, but it can also be a few minutes or longer), this is ''normall'' as your computer must work for this complicated transactions.

So; never kill your wallet when you use the spendzerocoin command, its ''normall'' that your wallet will freeze. Just let it does his thing, a popup will appear when the transaction has been done, your wallet will also unfreeze automaticly at this time!

As i do ''normall'' between those '' '' is because this is not what we want for you, it will be fixed and it will work much smoother..

Also i would like to share the next very, very cool blog around the Veil privacy protocol as we are the first with a zerocoin fix + we are gonna move to a much bigger and much cooler system!!

In short words:  the future of the Veil Privacy Protocol:
https://veil-project.com/blog/new-veil-protocol/

marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 04:59:28 PM

What you can do to solve this is to replace the snapshot (blockchain). By replace i mean you need to delete the next folders (standard they are placed in your roaming folder): zerocoin, indexes, chainstate and blocks.
I did it so and wallet is synced and without crashes for now. So, started mining and I am really interested in how POS will do for my inputs.

thanks for your help
MissCrypto

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:57:17 AM

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:10:50 AM

I will be on the move a lot and my Mac doesn't have much of storage left right now so is there any plan for you guys to release a lite version of the wallet that doesn't require us to synch to the network?

BINTEX