Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65377 times)
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 01:04:31 AM

This coin is a complete scam, anyone buying this shit WILL LOSE MONEY.

If you are confusing Veil with the old and dead Veilcoin, please note there is no connection between the two.

Which Fork is Veil most associated with? Pivx? Zcoin?

Also who are the people working on Veil and which previous projects they worked on?

I like the fact that the founder worked on Pivx.

How much coins do i need to stake to get regular payouts? 

Veil was built on the new Bitcoin core v1.17.1, and has custom-implemented code for its features. It does take code from Particl for CT/RingCT. It also benefits from PIVX as some devs came from there.

Some of the people in Veil team come from PIVX. Some also have contribute code to other projects, such as HyperStake and Crown by Presstab, and Ravencoin by Blondfrogs.

You currently need about 13k Veil for an average of one stake per day. The required amount will continue to increase quickly as coin emission just started a few months ago and coin supply is increasing fast. Make sure to mint Zerocoin denominations, as only this coin type can earn staking rewards in Veil.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:44:42 AM

Veil is now listed on CITEX, a digital asset trading platform registered in South Korea supporting Korean won deposit channels.

Veil deposits are now live and VEIL/BTC and VEIL/ETH trading markets will open at 9 AM GMT.

https://www.citex.co.kr/

CITEX is also giving away 1,000 Veil to 10 lucky winners. Contest ends in 72 hours. Learn more here: https://twitter.com/Citexofficial/status/1116598613226835968

DISCLAIMER: Third-party services are not endorsed by the Veil team and are provided for informational purposes only.

Of course, you are listing the coin in different exchanges but the problem we don't have many volumes from these exchanges. Spreading the coin to different exchanges is always but it is better to list in good volume exchanges.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:27:47 AM

I am not a member of any exchanges that are currently trading VEIL can you suggest me which exchange would best and safe for trading on?
Thanks

BINTEX

Powered by,
kurniawanj

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 07:41:55 AM

I am not a member of any exchanges that are currently trading VEIL can you suggest me which exchange would best and safe for trading on?
Thanks
stex vinex bitmesh
its your calls
cryptoworld9016

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:54:48 AM

Hi i have been staking veil since 8th January 2019, today its 14th April 2019 ...its been more than 3 months and till now i have got 1 staking reward and 2 orphans ...i have consulted discord support almost every 20 days to get the solution of it ...and till now nothing has worked out for me ...i am looking for a final solution if it doesn't work, then i think i have no other option but just sell all coins and done with this project.... Angry Angry Angry
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 12:06:09 PM

Hi i have been staking veil since 8th January 2019, today its 14th April 2019 ...its been more than 3 months and till now i have got 1 staking reward and 2 orphans ...i have consulted discord support almost every 20 days to get the solution of it ...and till now nothing has worked out for me ...i am looking for a final solution if it doesn't work, then i think i have no other option but just sell all coins and done with this project.... Angry Angry Angry

how many coins you stake? with around a 1000 coins you will get 1 stake per 3-4 months according to what i've experiencing

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
Tolynkuzma

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:42:00 PM

I bought coins on the stock exchange and I can’t write the wrong address, the wallet is very poorly made, the addresses are wrong the chain does not work, I don’t believe in this scam!
KlepZ

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:47:20 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2019, 01:09:51 PM by KlepZ

I hope veil team release for a mobile wallet. I like to have a wallet on mobile than windows wallet.
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:09:32 PM

I bought coins on the stock exchange and I can’t write the wrong address, the wallet is very poorly made, the addresses are wrong the chain does not work, I don’t believe in this scam!
Just make new basecoin address in your wallet.
Type console command here: Settings -> Advanced options -> Console
Code:
getnewbasecoinaddress
Then send your coins from exchange to this address.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:18:00 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 01:35:50 PM by naska21

I have latest Veil Core client. As for today its  database occupies  more than 6Gb. Having in mind to prevent it from the future growth I have checked "Prune block storage"-box setting it to 5Gb. After client's relaunch  it has refused to start and  send me the following error "Prune mode is incompatible with -txindex ". Then, I have opened veil.config and put into it 2 separate  lines, i.e txindex=0 and prune=5000 . After that the client started normally, but nothing happened in terms of the size of database - it didn't reduced even after 2 hours of  surveillance. So I had to go back - removed  txindex=0 and prune=5000 in config file and edited bPrune key in registry by setting it to "false". After that, client has launched, just like that.

Does v 1.0.2.0 really support the pruning? If yes, what should I do  for making this mode working?
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:29:27 PM

I have latest Veil Core client. As for today its  database occupies  more than 6Gb. Having in mind to prevent it from the future growth I have checked "Prune block storage"-box setting it to 5Gb. After client's relaunch  it has refused to start and  send me the following error "Prune mode is incompatible with -txindex ". Then, I have opened veil.config and put into it 2 separate  lines, i.e txindex=0 and prune=5000 . After that the client started normally, but nothing happened in terms of the size of database - it didn't reduced even after 2 hours of  surveillance. So I had to go back - removed  txindex=0 and prune=5000 in config file and edited bPrune key in registry by setting it to "false". After that, client has launched, just like that.

Does v 1.0.2.0 really support the pruning? If yes, what should I do  for making this mode working?

Pruning isn't implemented yet, but it is a planned feature so that people have the option to reduce the storage requirements.
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:31:34 PM

Learn about Veil’s fundamental tech specs and features with this new infographic.

Click here for full size.

rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:03:02 PM

Veil inflation is huge the first year, and 50% goes into: (52,6 millions Veil)

- Budget (so the developers)
- Veil labs (so the developers)
- Founder rewards (so the developers)

The second year, where there is still a huge inflation and there is still 40% that goes directly to the development team.

I do not call it a fair launch, but a disguised ICO ..

Okay there are PIVX developers and so a good potential for hype behind but did not sell fair launch alos that it is quite another thing and with huge rewards developers. I do not like integrity when we make up the reality.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:01:19 PM

The second year, where there is still a huge inflation and there is still 40% that goes directly to the development team.

Okay there are PIVX developers and so a good potential for hype behind but did not sell fair launch alos that it is quite another thing and with huge rewards developers. I do not like integrity when we make up the reality.

Well, they did already establish a pretty hefty reward pool for marketing and bounties that is planned to last over a decade... ~1million is allocated for this in the first year alone
I'm sure that will eat up a nice share of the Development rewards by "giving coins away"

Wasn't ZCash set up the same way with block rewards creating the development fund?
Then again - I do agree that 50% is a tad bit much.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
rowenta01

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 05:38:55 PM

Well, they did already establish a pretty hefty reward pool for marketing and bounties that is planned to last over a decade... ~1million is allocated for this in the first year alone
I'm sure that will eat up a nice share of the Development rewards by "giving coins away"

Wasn't ZCash set up the same way with block rewards creating the development fund?

They do what they want and thankfully. The problem is that I see everywhere horns that speak of "fair launch" speaking of Veil .. No it is not a fair launch is a launch with 50% rewards for the founders, so a mini ICO. Zcash has 20% rewards (not 50%) and inflation was very slow, not 90 million in 2 years. So we can not even compare the two economic models.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:06:50 AM

They do what they want and thankfully. The problem is that I see everywhere horns that speak of "fair launch" speaking of Veil .. No it is not a fair launch is a launch with 50% rewards for the founders, so a mini ICO. Zcash has 20% rewards (not 50%) and inflation was very slow, not 90 million in 2 years. So we can not even compare the two economic models.

IDK, I see what your saying but as long as the team uses the funds the way it's supposed to be used. Only 20% is allocated to the founders... the rest is development funds.

And they don't make anything without users mining investors getting attracted.

I'm thinking the fair launch refers to how recent ICOs have been selling massive % in preIco to selected investors for huge discount.... setting up main sell buyers to take a loss upon launch. Which is complete garbage and unfair at the core.
Buying right now means nobody got it much cheaper than anyone else. High inflation gives anyone the opportunity.
Thoughts?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:43:42 AM

I hope veil team release for a mobile wallet. I like to have a wallet on mobile than windows wallet.
Yes, it would be more comfortable if the user had a mobile wallet as an option either the user is using a mobile or pc. It will be more user friendly and if this will be created then a user that is always using smartphones can access the wallet though.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:27:16 AM

Thanks
stex vinex bitmesh
its your calls

Why such the answer? It was said that studio1one has no accounts there. In addition, the liquidity of these exchanges is such that the buy of coins will take a long time without shifting the market.

Veilgets

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:50:31 AM

Yes, it would be more comfortable if the user had a mobile wallet as an option either the user is using a mobile or pc. It will be more user friendly and if this will be created then a user that is always using smartphones can access the wallet though.

For sure! We will have android/iOS/hardware wallets in the future.
rowenta01

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 08:11:47 AM

IDK, I see what your saying but as long as the team uses the funds the way it's supposed to be used. Only 20% is allocated to the founders... the rest is development funds.

And they don't make anything without users mining investors getting attracted.

I'm thinking the fair launch refers to how recent ICOs have been selling massive % in preIco to selected investors for huge discount.... setting up main sell buyers to take a loss upon launch. Which is complete garbage and unfair at the core.
Buying right now means nobody got it much cheaper than anyone else. High inflation gives anyone the opportunity.
Thoughts?

I was just showing that the fair launch side was wrong. For the rest it's a project like any other. Personally I will not invest on it today given inflation. I do not know if I will invest one day on Veil, but if I did, I'll wait a few months to do it. Projects as young, and with a lot of inflation, I prefer to pass my turn and wait. There is already Grin / Beam, in the same genre (very high inflation), and the fundamentals are much stronger.

I will follow the project "Veil" from afar and I give myself time to think.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: