Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65404 times)
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:45:27 AM

As we all see over time, newbies spread news. Are there relations between ZEC and VEIL? Serious relations, I meant? VEIL is totally diferent from ZEC, at least in their algorithms. I am not a fan of VEIL, but it is irrelevant to post news on ZEC here. For the story of ZEC developers dumped their coins, is the news reliable enough to believe? And, please show us proof of ZEC developers dumps in the ZEC topic, not here. Roll Eyes

They have similar block reward models (they include founders rewards) and that is what I'm referring to.

Veil is not associated with ZEC as far as I know, but there are VERY FEW projects which have founders rewards. So the example of the ZEC founder DUMPING his rewards gives me a lot of reason for concern about other projects with founders rewards.

Can the VEIL team give me some assurances that the founder isn't going to dump this project into the ground?

Why do founders rewards even exist? They exist so one individual (the founder) can get rich. VEIL is a Privacy coin. Privacy coins are used in Niche markets and will never come close to having global adoption on a mass scale. If you have to ask why then I don't have the time to explain this to you.... What I'm saying is the founder isn't going to limit his wealth (acquired in VEIL) to Niche markets. He's going to cash in at some point. Can somebody from the VEIL team explain to me why this won't be the case? The tech is fantastic but I can't help but think this is doomed to fail because of the economics.

Can somebody from Veil please address my post?
The emission scheme is clear, the team known, and yes, the team can dump their coins whenever they want, that's the way they get paid for their work. This is crypto, this is risky and if you think the project is not a good one, don't buy, mine the coin. Ah, the niche market of XMR right now is 1.150.056.404 $, the veil marketcap is 3.877.538 $. If they are able to catch some of the XMR privacy market the gains are very important. Maybe not so niche after all.
But I think the team have quite more important things to do than give you any type of assurance.
Salute

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:05:45 AM

It seems good project. Cheesy Grin

I'm going to buy some coins, someone explains how to do the staking? Huh Huh

just leave your wallet open, it stakes as long as it's open...

thanks...
Hey there. Smiley Make sure you mint your veil into zerocoin veil for your funds to qualify for staking.

You can read the staking FAQ here:
https://veil.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000468343-staking-faq
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:53:51 AM

It seems good project. Cheesy Grin

I'm going to buy some coins, someone explains how to do the staking? Huh Huh

just leave your wallet open, it stakes as long as it's open...
And remember just try to put all of your coins into that staking wallet to able get some veil from the network. More veil and more emission that we can get from the network.
Just curious about when the next block reward or emission decrease for veil?

Is it safe to keep all our coin in the wallet because what was the % we are going to get the staking rewards, is there any restriction how much coin we have to hold in the wallet? How many days it is taking for the block reward because most of the companies will take 1 month time on the basis of their holding.
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:34:51 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 10:38:51 AM by veilMaDOS

Any veil that you mint into zerocoin veil will be eligible for staking, but you would need to wait for your zerocoin veil to reach 200 confirmations as well.

A Veil community member created this unofficial staking calculator (create a copy). You can use it to roughly gauge how often you will receive staking rewards.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 11:07:09 AM

~snip~

Why do founders rewards even exist? They exist so one individual (the founder) can get rich. VEIL is a Privacy coin. Privacy coins are used in Niche markets and will never come close to having global adoption on a mass scale. If you have to ask why then I don't have the time to explain this to you.... What I'm saying is the founder isn't going to limit his wealth (acquired in VEIL) to Niche markets. He's going to cash in at some point. Can somebody from the VEIL team explain to me why this won't be the case? The tech is fantastic but I can't help but think this is doomed to fail because of the economics.[/size]

Almost all project developers are dumping and selling their coins, they still need to pay and spend something for their life..

and they work hard on this project and development team should be properly compensated for their time and effort.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Tolynkuzma

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:20:16 PM

I support this project when I found out about it, I bought coins and will wait for the development of the project
Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 11:02:47 PM

~snip~

Why do founders rewards even exist? They exist so one individual (the founder) can get rich. VEIL is a Privacy coin. Privacy coins are used in Niche markets and will never come close to having global adoption on a mass scale. If you have to ask why then I don't have the time to explain this to you.... What I'm saying is the founder isn't going to limit his wealth (acquired in VEIL) to Niche markets. He's going to cash in at some point. Can somebody from the VEIL team explain to me why this won't be the case? The tech is fantastic but I can't help but think this is doomed to fail because of the economics.[/size]

Almost all project developers are dumping and selling their coins, they still need to pay and spend something for their life..

and they work hard on this project and development team should be properly compensated for their time and effort.

I agree but I don't think the team will dump their coins quickly  when in fact they will be sure that they will reap greater rewards in the future if they just

continue to actively develop this project and continue to add innovations on it.
CinErik

Activity: 188
Merit: 84

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 10:07:52 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2019, 10:26:31 AM by CinErik

As we all see over time, newbies spread news. Are there relations between ZEC and VEIL? Serious relations, I meant? VEIL is totally diferent from ZEC, at least in their algorithms. I am not a fan of VEIL, but it is irrelevant to post news on ZEC here. For the story of ZEC developers dumped their coins, is the news reliable enough to believe? And, please show us proof of ZEC developers dumps in the ZEC topic, not here. Roll Eyes

They have similar block reward models (they include founders rewards) and that is what I'm referring to.

Veil is not associated with ZEC as far as I know, but there are VERY FEW projects which have founders rewards. So the example of the ZEC founder DUMPING his rewards gives me a lot of reason for concern about other projects with founders rewards.

Can the VEIL team give me some assurances that the founder isn't going to dump this project into the ground?

Why do founders rewards even exist? They exist so one individual (the founder) can get rich. VEIL is a Privacy coin. Privacy coins are used in Niche markets and will never come close to having global adoption on a mass scale. If you have to ask why then I don't have the time to explain this to you.... What I'm saying is the founder isn't going to limit his wealth (acquired in VEIL) to Niche markets. He's going to cash in at some point. Can somebody from the VEIL team explain to me why this won't be the case? The tech is fantastic but I can't help but think this is doomed to fail because of the economics.

Hi;

As you can read their explanations in the Veil's Discord channel, they are not dumping or willing to dump their coins at least in short therm. And if they spend their coins this will be for reason not for an exit scam. Please note that they are not new in this era. This is not their first project.

Kind regards

flann

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:33:27 PM

Hi;

As you can read their explanations in the Veil's Discord channel, they are not dumping or willing to dump their coins at least in short therm. And if they spend their coins this will be for reason not for an exit scam. Please note that they are not new in this era. This is not their first project.

Kind regards

Yes, team is not new. Founder of this, helped to start PIVX, acquired lots of coins via a premine and now seems to have dumped them to start this project instead of continuing on. But yeah, let's not call that an exit scam in case anyone gets offended. All exit scams don't happen in the short term. If the founder really intends to hold the coins beyond the short term, why didn't they have them time locked for all to see? i.e the founder budget could be time lock each month so they can only be spent after one year or so. (See other coins with time locked mining rewards). I doubt if it is rocket science to do that and much better than "believe me I won't dump" approach.

r_victory

Activity: 1949
Merit: 380

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 10:13:46 PM

How can I mine by CPU? It's possible? I use this guide https://veil.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000467220, but, I didn't succeed, is there anything else to do after this?

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 07:35:33 AM

How can I mine by CPU? It's possible? I use this guide https://veil.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000467220, but, I didn't succeed, is there anything else to do after this?

Although is possible to mine with CPU you will not gain anything cause there are many GPUs mining and its impossible to compete with them (along with PoS blocks).

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
r_victory

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2019, 11:08:34 PM

Although is possible to mine with CPU you will not gain anything cause there are many GPUs mining and its impossible to compete with them (along with PoS blocks).

Mining with GPU really is the most advantageous, even though many coins have the option of mining with CPU. My intention is just to test for now.

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:32:35 PM

If there is a desire to mine coins, then I would prefer PoS. Given that the price is declining, it's time to buy a few coins. This will allow to participate in the staking, while it does not need a lot of Veils.

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 01:26:07 PM

If there is a desire to mine coins, then I would prefer PoS. Given that the price is declining, it's time to buy a few coins. This will allow to participate in the staking, while it does not need a lot of Veils.

I wish the price was declining so my bag would get filled. Nobody is selling.  Smiley

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 04:17:36 PM

Beyond the Veil - Where Privacy is Paramount: https://www.publish0x.com/badman-crypto/beyond-veil-where-privacy-is-paramount-xgdogl

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:00:07 PM

Veil is now added to Blockfolio Signal.

Blockfolio is the most popular cryptocurrency portfolio app, with support for over 8,000 cryptocurrencies.

With Blockfolio Signal support, you can now “Watch” VEIL on your Blockfolio app to get the latest news and updates directly from the Veil team.

https://blockfolio.com/coin/VEIL
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:53:08 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 02:19:33 AM by motienvolam

I congratulate to both VeilDango for coming Full Member rank, and VEIL for this successful partnership with Blockfolio. In addition, on txbit.io exchange, VEIL has double bottomed out, so I guess that the coin will bounce back from its double bottom soon. It's hard to say how many satoshis the VEIL coin can bounce back from its temporary price around 3650 satoshis because total volume of the coin on txbit over last day has been still too low, just nearly 0.04 BTC. Personally, I will wait VEIL to raise around 5000 satoshis this time.
r_victory

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 01:17:59 AM

I wish the price was declining so my bag would get filled. Nobody is selling.  Smiley

I don't understand why in every project, someone says that the price should fall to buy more? I think it should be the opposite. When the project is good and you believe in it, you pay the price. Usually, the company or project is valued by the price that investors pay for tokens, coins or stocks. The price decrease reduces capital, limits the development. It is better to have a coin of high value than to have many worthless...

Schwarzenorris

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 02:05:37 AM

I wish the price was declining so my bag would get filled. Nobody is selling.  Smiley

I don't understand why in every project, someone says that the price should fall to buy more? I think it should be the opposite. When the project is good and you believe in it, you pay the price. Usually, the company or project is valued by the price that investors pay for tokens, coins or stocks. The price decrease reduces capital, limits the development. It is better to have a coin of high value than to have many worthless...

It's a defense mechanism for a declining price imo.  People say they wish the price would drop so they could buy more, but everyone and there mama wants the price to skyrocket...  When a coin is pumping, no one who has a stake in that coin comes out and says, "I wish the price would drop!"...  just my 2 cents.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 02:46:31 AM

If there is a desire to mine coins, then I would prefer PoS. Given that the price is declining, it's time to buy a few coins. This will allow participating in the staking, while it does not need a lot of Veils.

I wish the price was declining so my bag would get filled. Nobody is selling.  Smiley

Now nobody will sell because still many people are expecting a higher price and people are holding the coin and staking them in the wallets. So we should wait and see how long the price of the veil will increase in the market but one thing with active development will help the coin to increase the price in the coming days too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: