Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65377 times)
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 01:09:05 PM

Nice wallet. I hope it will come out well (fast), because the current wallet is really not pleasant. Where are the advances in the implementation of Sonic?
We're excited for everyone to try out the new wallet! Smiley

With regards to SuperSonic, this is from the development update last April 18th:
* We got our cryptographer back fully in action and has been using his time to get SuperSonic built up in Rust. It sounds like it might be closer than we originally anticipated. Of course rigorous testing and 3rd party criticism and review must take place before we can start integrating it.

Good news. I still think Veil is a great project. Everything will depend on the ability to integrate Supersonic, and to build a real anonymous crypto.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 212
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 02:53:38 PM

Veil Development Update — May 3, 2020

Preface: This week was a tad little bit less exciting since everything has mostly been cleanup work instead of adding new features to the point that I didn't even realise that yesterday was Saturday and not Thursday!

• Elements code integration is ongoing and just in continual bug squashing to get it hammered into shape to work with Veil correctly.
  • PoW code is in devnet and updated to the latest ProgPoW. We are ensuring that all the ratios are correct as well.
  • PoS is tackling the dreaded AddAnonInputs section which may need an overhaul so that it is more compatible with the current PoS code.
  • Veil X is in cleanup mode and making sure everything is working and well-oiled. Auto-updating was refined.
  • We got a new Core Developer Akshay to join the team, which we are pretty excited about.

Fun fact this week: CaveSpectre taught me that you must do the Warhammer Maneuver (Don't look that up!) if you need to go number 2 while cave diving. Number 1 involves a fairly neat system sometimes involving a bolt. Not sure why this one popped into my head as a good idea for this week. Currently tired.

- Mimir

veilMaDOS
Copper Member

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:17:34 PM

Veil is now available on InstaSwap.io!

InstaSwap is a privacy-focused non-custodial exchange now offering a quick and convenient way to purchase VEIL with BTC, USDT, major credit cards, and Apple Pay.

https://instaswap.io/

DISCLAIMER: Third-party services are not endorsed by the Veil team and are provided for informational purposes only.
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:38:26 AM

Here’s another sneak peek of the upcoming Veil X wallet experience, where we go into a few interaction details - including the much requested auto-update feature!

https://veil-project.com/blog/veil-x-ux/

Veil X looks really good and most of all it doesn't look like a normal qt wallet. Is there any tentative date for the launch of the new revamp wallet?
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 12:39:03 AM

Veil Development Update — May 24, 2020

Hey everyone, here is this week’s update (and a bit of the last):

• Devnet is getting restarted with some fixes to issues that people have been experiencing.
  • Veil X is having an open internal. Beta is being signed off tomorrow for the team and perhaps an open beta of it for everyone else to try.
  • Veil X has come miles from where it started since the last update. It’s super slick and I can not wait for you all to play around with it!
  • RingCT is hitting its snares but it's trucking along. CaveSpectre has made quite a bit of progress.
  • Veil Link Server (VLS) got a bunch of attention the past 2 weeks as I sit down, hone in, and focus getting it out there in time for the protocol launches on Devnet.
  • Team has been adding GitHub actions to help out with development to expand our Continuous Integration.
  • Travis build issues are being fixed for RandomX.
  • RingCT Tx computation during resyncing is being fixed up and has been approved and off to QA. This should speed up sync times greatly! (An issue that I have had all month as have others).

The big things to take away are that Devnet is getting a reset, sync speeds should be much faster, more continuous integration means a more stable Veil Core, and Veil X may be a public beta around the corner.

Fun fact this week: My server blew up, causing me to be delayed a little bit as I set it back up again. Upon resyncing I didn't remove all the folders and files to give me a clean new chain and had to resync from scratch 3 times. Yay!

- Mimir

VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 12:41:49 AM

Veil X looks really good and most of all it doesn't look like a normal qt wallet. Is there any tentative date for the launch of the new revamp wallet?

Glad you like it Smiley. There isn't a tentative date just yet, but you can read more about the new wallet in the new development update above.
Anarchy101
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 04:34:42 AM

Glad you like it Smiley. There isn't a tentative date just yet, but you can read more about the new wallet in the new development update above.

Thank you for the update.
I had to reinstall the wallet from scratch because I had to switch my PC any idea why the blockchain snapshot page is not working right now? (I was opening the link provided in the announcement post)
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 01:29:29 PM

I had to reinstall the wallet from scratch because I had to switch my PC any idea why the blockchain snapshot page is not working right now? (I was opening the link provided in the announcement post)

You're welcome Smiley. Apologies for the wrong link, it has been updated. Here's the correct one: https://veil.tools/snapshots/
Anarchy101
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 05:16:33 AM

You're welcome Smiley. Apologies for the wrong link, it has been updated. Here's the correct one: https://veil.tools/snapshots/

The above link works perfectly fine thanks. BTW is there any plan for you guys to release a lite client for Veil in the coming months? as 18 GB is quite massive.
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 02:41:33 PM

The above link works perfectly fine thanks. BTW is there any plan for you guys to release a lite client for Veil in the coming months? as 18 GB is quite massive.

A lite client is being planned, but first we'll be releasing the Veil X wallet, and then pursue phase 2 of Veil X which will allow it to operate in lite wallet mode. Veil X is currently being tested and we hope to be able to release it in the coming months.

Some more information about Veil X can be found in these two articles:

https://veil-project.com/blog/veil-x-preview/

https://veil-project.com/blog/veil-x-ux/
Anarchy101
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 02:56:19 AM

@VeilDango sometime back there was a vulnerability found in the zero-coin which also affected VEIL is that vulnerability completely fixed and the privacy is back on?
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 10:07:09 AM

@VeilDango sometime back there was a vulnerability found in the zero-coin which also affected VEIL is that vulnerability completely fixed and the privacy is back on?

The vulnerability was fixed, but Zerocoin is disabled and the only privacy mechanisms are CT and RingCT for right now. We do have plans to replace Zerocoin with a better option.

You can read more about the Zerocoin exploit and our new privacy protocol road map here: https://veil-project.com/blog/new-veil-protocol/
Anarchy101
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 04:40:57 AM

Any idea how long will it take for you guys to replace the zerocoin with the better option you were talking about? As the price of Veil is currently sitting at very low maybe some new news will help jolt it up.
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 07:25:47 AM

Any idea how long will it take for you guys to replace the zerocoin with the better option you were talking about? As the price of Veil is currently sitting at very low maybe some new news will help jolt it up.

Our dev road map is currently aiming for around Q4 2020, but it may take longer as it isn't a firm estimate. Because it is a novel privacy protocol, there can be unforeseen circumstances that cause delays from our current road map.
Anarchy101
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 05:46:02 AM

Our dev road map is currently aiming for around Q4 2020, but it may take longer as it isn't a firm estimate. Because it is a novel privacy protocol, there can be unforeseen circumstances that cause delays from our current road map.

Nice I have been holding my Veils for a long time and I am quite confident that once you guys launch the new privacy protocol we will be able to break our old ATH.
veilMaDOS
Copper Member

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 05:04:52 PM

The Blockchain Developers, Miners and Investors Forum hosted by Zel last June 6-7th is now available on YouTube!

Check out Veil Business Development lead Joshua Marriage's presentation on “Why we need surveillance-free sound money” in the playlist here:

Zel Forum Crypto Conference | Day 2 | Veil Project

Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 01:17:18 PM

Nice I have been holding my Veils for a long time and I am quite confident that once you guys launch the new privacy protocol we will be able to break our old ATH.

the 4th quarter is right around the corner.
good to hear that, hope it's possible to have it delivered this year.

any plans or news about new exchange listings?
that could be good for the project too.

looking forward

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:58:32 PM

looking forward

We plan on getting on more exchanges, but are waiting on a major RingCT update before we try to get listed again. This will make it easier for future exchanges to integrate with less need for updating their integration.
VeilDango (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 06:20:48 PM

In our latest interview, we discuss Proof-of-Work with Kristy-Leigh Minehan (aka OhGodAGirl) an original member of IfDefElse and co-creator of the ProgPoW mining algorithm.
Kristy shares some insights on ProgPoW, ASICs, and the importance of tweaking PoW algorithms as hardware evolves.

https://veil-project.com/blog/2020-OhGodAGirl/
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 08:21:12 PM

looking forward

We plan on getting on more exchanges, but are waiting on a major RingCT update before we try to get listed again. This will make it easier for future exchanges to integrate with less need for updating their integration.

thanks for the update
makes sense
where is the best place to keep up wth VEIL development? here and twitter?
somewhere else?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: