Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How would you rate Bitcoin Savings & Trust?
5 - Excellent
4 - Very Good
3 - Good
2 - Fair
1 - Poor
No comment just show me the results.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings and Trust | Home | Closed  (Read 802044 times)
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 06:52:02 PM

Well someone is trying to beat mybitcoin.com's record I see Grin

IMHO if you put your money in these schemes you deserve to lose them or be found out ( I doubt pirate's business is 100% legal )

If my business is illegal then anyone trading coins for cash and back to coins is doing something illegal. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:55:24 PM

For you to be able to keep updating your storage as you are doing right now, you'd have to have a constant supply of new clients, and your old clients would have to continue doing business with you on a regular basis, correct?

I'd like to warn everyone that there exists a possibility that pirate is trying to amass as many bitcoins as possible over a longer period of time, covering interest payments with other client deposits similarly to a ponzi-scheme, before suddenly disappearing, with thousands or even tens of thousands of bitcoins.

I would estimate that you currently have a volume larger than that of many exchanges in the Bitcoin community, and you are able to do all of these trades locally. Another thing worth noting is that you have yet to disclose any personal information, which by no means is necessary, but can be good for credibility.

This is merely a warning, and my goal is to entice discussion into this matter.

For what it's worth, other people have made warnings like yours earlier in this huge thread. I think I addressed one of them fairly well, so I urge you to look back through (just load all pages and search for my name). I can only speak for myself though Smiley

Well someone is trying to beat mybitcoin.com's record I see Grin

IMHO if you put your money in these schemes you deserve to lose them or be found out ( I doubt pirate's business is 100% legal )

This kind of reaction just makes you look like an asshole, honestly. I'm aware of the risks here, and am willing to accept losses from it. It bothers me when people take pleasure in others' misfortune though, however risky their behavior was.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 06:56:39 PM

If a time were to come that someone is not able to withdraw coins and reports back here you can try again to entice others to jump on your bandwagon. Until then, you have no grounds to say anything related to my business.
I would say that you being able to find enough clients in a local area for a trading volume this large warrants a discussion into the matter, and your dismissive attitude does not help your case in my eyes.

I believe I've proven myself to not only my lenders but to the community.  If you don't trust me, don't lend me coins.  After all, never trust a pirate. Smiley

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:08:33 PM

If a time were to come that someone is not able to withdraw coins and reports back here you can try again to entice others to jump on your bandwagon. Until then, you have no grounds to say anything related to my business.
I would say that you being able to find enough clients in a local area for a trading volume this large warrants a discussion into the matter, and your dismissive attitude does not help your case in my eyes.

I believe I've proven myself to not only my lenders but to the community.  If you don't trust me, don't lend me coins.  After all, never trust a pirate. Smiley
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Instead of addressing people's concerns, and I believe you dismissed an entire thread with questions directed at you a couple of days ago, you proceed with these "if you don't like it, fuck off"-type responses. I guess this is one of the fundamental problems here, because people are practically forcing money into your hands, so you don't have to fight for funds, which leaves you in a very advantageous and profitable situation, should you chose to bail.

The following sentences is purely hypothetical and assumes your goal is actually to scam people. I am not implying either.

Needless to say, the longer this drags on, the more money you have. You only have to find a sweet-spot between people getting more paranoid and you having enough cash to call it quits.

For what it's worth, other people have made warnings like yours earlier in this huge thread. I think I addressed one of them fairly well, so I urge you to look back through (just load all pages and search for my name). I can only speak for myself though Smiley
Cool. I remember reading it, but I'll give it another go.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 07:20:42 PM

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Instead of addressing people's concerns, and I believe you dismissed an entire thread with questions directed at you a couple of days ago, you proceed with these "if you don't like it, fuck off"-type responses. I guess this is one of the fundamental problems here, because people are practically forcing money into your hands, so you don't have to fight for funds, which leaves you in a very advantageous and profitable situation, should you chose to bail.

The following sentences is purely hypothetical and assumes your goal is actually to scam people. I am not implying either.

Needless to say, the longer this drags on, the more money you have. You only have to find a sweet-spot between people getting more paranoid and you having enough cash to call it quits.

It's not that I am upset or dismiss comments made here, it's the fact that I seem to get them at least once every couple of weeks.  I can understand the community looking out for each other but it does start to get old and tiresome to repeat the same information over and over.

There are a lot of people that know me personally here and know were I stand in the community.  I doubt anyone that has spent the time and money to create a project like GPUMAX would put his name on it and then run off with members coins.  You're free to make your own claims and attack my trustworthiness, but in the end you'll see were I stand and how I conduct my business.

Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 07:34:07 PM

Another thing worth noting is that you have yet to disclose any personal information, which by no means is necessary, but can be good for credibility.

You can look up who registered the domains btclending.com and gpumax.com.

cjgames.com
terrytibbs

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:38:45 PM

Another thing worth noting is that you have yet to disclose any personal information, which by no means is necessary, but can be good for credibility.

I'll go ahead and call BS on that. http://www.google.com/search?q="Don+Shrents"
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:38:50 PM

LOL - more fool me.  Yep, might be a ponzi - but I've been getting my regular payments for over a month and just because someone is smart enough to get an economy moving will always attract detractors (sorry for the poor construction).

If anyone has deposited money into a "bank" and demanded to know what they led for, let me know.  NINJNA loans in the USA precipitated a lot of financial strife, and I'm sure the major corporates and Governments are happy to borrow funds for fraud, military weapons, funding warfare programs and even providing transaction services to people engaged in state sponsored torture.  Got to pay those bills afterall.

As mentioned many times before, Pirate does not owe or need to explain, just as you are not compelled to invest.
terrytibbs

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:41:15 PM

Looks like the forum broke that link. I went ahead and encoded it properly:
http://www.google.se/search?q=%22Don+Shrents%22
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:44:27 PM

He is not Don Shrents.  I know his name, birthdate, current city, and a previous city he lived in.  All of this information is publicly available to anyone who cares enough to thoroughly research it.  I did this, and asked him a few questions before sending him a single BTC.  But thanks for the warning Mr. Scammertag.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:46:36 PM

He is not Don Shrents.  I know his name, birthdate, current city, and a previous city he lived in.  All of this information is publicly available to anyone who cares enough to thoroughly research it.  I did this, and asked him a few questions before sending him a single BTC.  But thanks for the warning Mr. Scammertag.

Care to share that information for the rest of us mortals without your killer internet research "skillz" ?

Thanks !
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

I have no problem with people knowing my real name.  Its never been something I tried to keep secret, but its also the last thing I want to drive attention to what I'm doing and the people I work with.

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:49:30 PM

Care to share that information for the rest of us mortals without your killer internet research "skillz" ?

Thanks !

I don't think it's appropriate to "dox" someone like that on a public thread. I'm a lender too and I know his identity, but I don't think it's anyone's right to know who he is. If the whole thing goes sour, I'd feel differently, but for now I don't think he needs to answer to anyone but his lenders, and he's shown himself quite willing to answer questions to them (not just me) personally.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:50:14 PM

Storage Updated Smiley

Is there a reason you don't reply to the PMs I sent you in the past, in regards to investing with you ?
Do you not like me ? Do I stink ? Is my BTC not good enough ?
Regardless of you not accepting new investments currently, I contacted you previously when you had storage room, yet no reply.
Did I offend you somehow ?

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 07:53:14 PM

Storage Updated Smiley

Is there a reason you don't reply to the PMs I sent you in the past, in regards to investing with you ?
Regardless of you not accepting new investments currently, I contacted you previously when you had storage room, yet no reply.

LOL, why yes, your coins come to me covered in some type of sticky substance. No, I'm really sorry, from the time I leave my computer to sleep and come back I have a lot of PM's to go through.  I'll go through them now and find out who else I have missed.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 07:53:23 PM

I does seem like about every two weeks like clockwork someone else/new discovers this thread and then is compelled to take the time to warn everyone that they think it might be this and that - usually without reading the thread to discover that every single point they are about to make has already been made numerous times.  It does get old.

To answer one question:  I have always assumed that some or even most of the new storage openings are just Pirate refilling his treasure chest as people remove their capital for whatever reasons they have to remove it.  I expect that today is a big day for that since we all just got paid.  I ususally add/remove on pay days since it seems a natural day to do it.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:55:15 PM

Storage Updated Smiley

LOL, why yes, your coins come to me covered in some type of sticky substance. No, I'm really sorry, from the time I leave my computer to sleep and come back I have a lot of PM's to go through.  I'll go through them now and find out who else I have missed.

I appreciate that, thanks for the quick post.

I just thought I was wasting your time...but I offered a decent amount of BTC in the process and couldn't understand why no reply...lol

Thanks for the clarification Wink

Can I sign up on your 'Waiting' List ?

terrytibbs

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 08:04:14 PM

I have always assumed that some or even most of the new storage openings are just Pirate refilling his treasure chest as people remove their capital for whatever reasons they have to remove it.  I expect that today is a big day for that since we all just got paid.  I ususally add/remove on pay days since it seems a natural day to do it.
Please link to the appropriate posts where someone makes any or all of the concerns I made in the following posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702282#msg702282
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702325#msg702325
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702371#msg702371

Thanks!

Also, pirate:
If you don't mind me asking; was the updated storage availability today caused by a withdrawal or new client? I don't expect you to answer this question, but you usually announce when there are new clients in town, so I'll try my luck.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 08:07:34 PM

I have always assumed that some or even most of the new storage openings are just Pirate refilling his treasure chest as people remove their capital for whatever reasons they have to remove it.  I expect that today is a big day for that since we all just got paid.  I ususally add/remove on pay days since it seems a natural day to do it.
Please link to the appropriate posts where someone makes any or all of the concerns I made in the following posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702282#msg702282
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702325#msg702325
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg702371#msg702371

Thanks!

Also, pirate:
If you don't mind me asking; was the updated storage availability today caused by a withdrawal or new client? I don't expect you to answer this question, but you usually announce when there are new clients in town, so I'll try my luck.

965 BTC in withdraws for today. Storage needs are for Fridays orders.  I won't have orders for Sunday until tomorrow so it will be updated accordingly.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 08:09:44 PM

Guys don't worry, when my ponzi scheme dies I'll pay those closest to me first. Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: