Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:06:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How would you rate Bitcoin Savings & Trust?
5 - Excellent
4 - Very Good
3 - Good
2 - Fair
1 - Poor
No comment just show me the results.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings and Trust | Home | Closed  (Read 802044 times)
splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:17:51 AM

PM'd Pirate about withdrawal request, 10 mins later coins are in my wallet. Fassstt Grin Good luck, Pirate!

ppp.... my best is under 30 seconds.

Ditto.

same here Smiley

Pirate was so fast with me, the coins were in my wallet with 144 confirmations before I even asked for them.

It's because he has ESP and he's getting ready to use GPUMAX to 51% the network so he's withholding blocks until he needs the confirmations.  I haven't figured out how to work "ponzi" into this yet, sorry.</conspiracy>
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:27:14 AM

Pirate was so fast with me, the coins were in my wallet with 144 confirmations before I even asked for them.

That's because every machine that mines shares from GPUMax receives a trojan that is part of the PirateNet.  That's why people saw the fluctuations in their reported hashing before he worked the kinks out of the system.

Didn't you ever notice that "I control your machine," is an anagram of "GPUMax rocks" in Akkadian?  And of course we all know that the Cajuns are the Akkadians who came to America when the Sea Peoples left the Mediterranean after the collapse of Atlantis.

It's one short drive from Cajun country to PirateVille, and now you know why he *really* uses that nom de guerre.

Who gave reeses the salad shooter.... and when are they going to take it back?
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:53:17 AM

That's because every machine that mines shares from GPUMax receives a trojan that is part of the PirateNet.  That's why people saw the fluctuations in their reported hashing before he worked the kinks out of the system.

Didn't you ever notice that "I control your machine," is an anagram of "GPUMax rocks" in Akkadian?  And of course we all know that the Cajuns are the Akkadians who came to America when the Sea Peoples left the Mediterranean after the collapse of Atlantis.

It's one short drive from Cajun country to PirateVille, and now you know why he *really* uses that nom de guerre.

MAHAHAHAHAHA

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 08:18:23 AM

What do you think would be better, the Pirate Pass Through Bonds, or the real thing?
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:10:49 PM

What do you think would be better, the Pirate Pass Through Bonds, or the real thing?
There "ain't nothing like the real thing, baby".  Grin

But not everyone can get an account, and not everyone wants to deposit enough to get the higher interest rate, so a pass-through, even after the issuers cut, may give a better return.

You do take on an extra dose of counterparty risk though, so you need to trust not only pirate, but also the pass-through issuer.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:38:20 AM

There "ain't nothing like the real thing, baby".  Grin

But not everyone can get an account, and not everyone wants to deposit enough to get the higher interest rate, so a pass-through, even after the issuers cut, may give a better return.

You do take on an extra dose of counterparty risk though, so you need to trust not only pirate, but also the pass-through issuer.

And GLBSE if it is on GLBSE.

Yep, effectively adding two points of potential failure to the system in exchange for convenience of purchase, liquidity, and increased interest at lower volumes.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:43:36 AM

...wastin' away again in p-p-Pirateville....

bulanula

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:25:27 PM

PM'd Pirate about withdrawal request, 10 mins later coins are in my wallet. Fassstt Grin Good luck, Pirate!

Ditto.

same here Smiley

It's because he has ESP and he's getting ready to use GPUMAX to 51% the network so he's withholding blocks until he needs the confirmations.  I haven't figured out how to work "ponzi" into this yet, sorry.</conspiracy>

I heard he figured out time travel in that other thread !
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:31:45 AM

Ditto.
same here Smiley

Nope, it's just "Pirate Cents" Grin
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:46:57 AM

Didn't you ever notice that "El cat knows things: rum, poxrot" is an anagram of "GPUMax controls this network". And in English, too.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:48:34 AM

No, someone else figured it out. He just takes advantage of it. Argh.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 05:05:31 PM

Didn't you ever notice that "El cat knows things: rum, poxrot" is an anagram of "GPUMax controls this network". And in English, too.

If you're going to bite off my awesome, at least step it up a notch.  Your point-missing skills aren't just limited to sports.

These threads are inevitable annoyances.  I'm arrogating to myself the authorship of "Pirate's Law": As an online discussion regarding pirateat40, btcst, GPUMax, or projects to be referred to as M, P, and X grows longer, the probability of speculation and accusation of unethical or criminal activity approaches is 1.

FTFY

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:59:28 PM

Amusing new poll. Irrespective of the potential Ponzi issue, who runs Pirate's operation: others who postulate fraud, or Pirate himself?

I've already suggested that overall Bitcoin economy growth could support such high rates, and that even if it is a Ponzi, it most likely is to the detriment of the US dollar instead of Bitcoin or investor deposits.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:09:23 PM

The outcome of the poll is quite predictable too. What investor would like lower returns without altering the risk involved in the investment?

Certainly not me.
Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 11:16:12 PM

Ahoy me mateys!

I came across this thread just today. It really sounds like an interesting service and congrats to all the pirates who operate it smoothly for that long. I've read all 46 pages (Shiver me timbers!) so far (well it took me a bit more than 3 hours because English is not my native tongue, but it was worth it) and I think I have a clear understanding of how the system works.

Unfortunately, (Captain) Pirate changed the joining method to referal-only back in February. I can understand the reasons for him doing so, but that's not very good news for me it seems, since I don't know any current pirate (lender) in person for them to refer me.

Just to clarify, I'm not posting this to ask for a referrer (so don't make me walk the plank). I'm just not sure of what I need to do to gain a current lender's trust, so then he/she could "check me in".

In any case, it's always nice to see bitcoin businesses grow and more people adopting the new currency Smiley
Cheers!

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:22:30 PM

Ahoy me mateys!

I came across this thread just today. It really sounds like an interesting service and congrats to all the pirates who operate it smoothly for that long. I've read all 46 pages (Shiver me timbers!) so far (well it took me a bit more than 3 hours because English is not my native tongue, but it was worth it) and I think I have a clear understanding of how the system works.

Unfortunately, (Captain) Pirate changed the joining method to referal-only back in February. I can understand the reasons for him doing so, but that's not very good news for me it seems, since I don't know any current pirate (lender) in person for them to refer me.

Just to clarify, I'm not posting this to ask for a referrer (so don't make me walk the plank). I'm just not sure of what I need to do to gain a current lender's trust, so then he/she could "check me in".

In any case, it's always nice to see bitcoin businesses grow and more people adopting the new currency Smiley
Cheers!
I would look for a Pirate Pass Through type scheme in the lending section; there are a number of people offering them.
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:28:19 PM

I would look for a Pirate Pass Through type scheme in the lending section; there are a number of people offering them.

Those have the advantage of liquidity and higher interest rates for smaller investments, though risk is increased due to an additional middleman.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:31:42 PM

The lazy Starfish likes the poll and has actually said interest rate is a bit high.

However, before someone shoots me, I'm thinking about the longer term and not the nice ride that the past six months has delivered.  There are some structural things that can be done to improve the whole deposit/interest rate trade-off to promote the business, and while 7% is nice for another month, even if it was 5% for another six months that would be better.
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:39:06 PM

The lazy Starfish likes the poll and has actually said interest rate is a bit high.

However, before someone shoots me, I'm thinking about the longer term and not the nice ride that the past six months has delivered.  There are some structural things that can be done to improve the whole deposit/interest rate trade-off to promote the business, and while 7% is nice for another month, even if it was 5% for another six months that would be better.

Luckily for you, I seem to be out of ammunition. Wink

I certainly agree that a decrease in interest rates for the purpose of long-term sustainability is a good idea, but I'm not sure that's the case. (If that was explicitly stated and I missed it, my apologies.) I suspect lowering interest rates in an attempt to silence the doomsayers would prove fruitless; Pirate could pay 5% and people would still accuse him of money laundering, ponzi scheming, Silk Road business, governmental affiliation, and conspiring with aliens to travel back in time, convince Hitler not to invade Russia, and change the course of history.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:46:51 PM

Luckily for you, I seem to be out of ammunition. Wink

I certainly agree that a decrease in interest rates for the purpose of long-term sustainability is a good idea, but I'm not sure that's the case. (If that was explicitly stated and I missed it, my apologies.) I suspect lowering interest rates in an attempt to silence the doomsayers would prove fruitless; Pirate could pay 5% and people would still accuse him of money laundering, ponzi scheming, Silk Road business, governmental affiliation, and conspiring with aliens to travel back in time, convince Hitler not to invade Russia, and change the course of history.

Maybe I should be more like "crown of thorns" starfish for self defence and debt collection reasons.

Actually, I don't think any change in interest rates would change the doom-sayers view of the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: