Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] YAAMP.COM multipool multialgo profit switch with exchange  (Read 181061 times)
MeteoImpact

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:03:44 AM

What you see there is the result of submitted shares for the last 5 minutes. So it may very well happen that the profitability changed during that time.
Normally, distribution does look like it properly considers difficulty and spreads the hashrate well, but cases of extreme overloading still look like they behave oddly to me.

Took these two screenshots before that other one but didn't post immediately, so I took the other one when I did decide to post. Anyhow, these two were taken at approximately the same time and shows the vast majority of the quark hashrate dumped on Quarkcoin, despite it being the least profitable, likely for a very long time. You can tell it's not just some temporary profitability change, as the difficulty has been brought up gradually all the way from ~5.7 to over 17 over the course of ~90 minutes, likely due to YAAMP's hashpower. Even at triple its profitability of 0.0104, it STILL would only be third in profitability, and the difficulty increase was gradual enough that the hashrate displaying shouldn't be due to a profitability spike/display delay. At other times I'm pretty sure I've seen Quarkcoin sitting in last for profitability with the same or a greater hashrate than Securecoin, which has a MUCH higher difficulty (no screencaps to confirm this... yet).

I could be wrong, but I'd suggest keeping an eye on the quark hashrates during the next Dimecoin profitability spike; if the usual hashrate surge happens again, it might highlight any odd behaviour if it exists.

Sorry for always making posts complaining about stuff that I think needs to be looked at; I hope it's not too obnoxious. Really I just want to see you guys do as well as possible with the pool, for everyone's benefit Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carrotX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:18:46 AM

Hi, here are some thought for another hobby miner.

I think the reason for the behavior with quark is simply that there isn't enough coins for the hash power that yaamp has.
Consider the difficulty on all the coins that are mine-able at the moment in your screen shot. The other coins have much lower difficulty, so I wonder what would happen if you put more hash power on C-Note, BitQ and DimeCoin and less on Quarkcoin.

I suspect that the profit for the other coins would drop, what would C-Note be worth with 2gh/s? etc. So i believe, but would stay corrected if someone could do a difficulty calculation for each coin, that the reason for majority of hash power going to the quarkcoin is due to the low diff on the other coins. Yaamp is attempting to keep as good average profit as possible and the profit would be even lower if the low diff coins would be killed off with too much hash power.

cheers

(i have allot to learn about mining so i might be completely off on this one :-))
MeteoImpact

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:12:53 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 10:08:23 AM by MeteoImpact

Hi, here are some thought for another hobby miner...
Yeah, it's true that, in that particular case, Quarkcoin technically had the highest profit:difficulty ratio since Dimecoin was at a low point in its rewards.

Here's a couple I just took now that Dimecoin is on the up and mining power has started getting a little nuts:

Again, Quarkcoin (at the bottom of profitability) seems to have a disproportionate amount of hashrate pointed at it considering both its profitability and its difficulty. This seems unlikely to be just a reporting error, as it has been consistently reporting a hashrate above/close to what's pointed at Dimecoin, and it isn't a sudden difficulty spike, as it's been pretty close to that diff for a long time. That all said, why would Quarkcoin end up with more power pointed at it than Dimecoin, which is both higher difficulty AND higher profitability? Shouldn't Dimecoin receive a significantly larger amount of mining power, since it is both much more profitable and can handle more hashrate?

EDIT: Watching it climb a bit now (caught it live). At <400MH it looks like it's distributing hashrate properly. 1.4GH looks about right too. 2.1GH shows what is making me suspicious, as Quarkcoin suddenly has absorbed a disproportionate amount of hashpower as far as the numbers look to me. At 6.2GH and 5.6GH (seen in that order) I don't even know what's going on; probably just adjusting for all the hashrate suddenly coming at the pool. The rates keep moving, but I can't help but think there's just a bit too much being pointed at the coin on the bottom. Maybe things are working entirely as intended, but the numbers I'm seeing just strike me as odd. Ah well, that's enough live hashrate recording for one night. If the numbers when the pool's under heavy load look normal to you guys, then maybe everything's fine; heck if i know Tongue. Even if there is a bug here, it'd only ever be an issue when algos get slammed like what happens to quark lately. Despite all my bitching, prioritising the server upgrade will probably alleviate this issue (if there is one) indirectly by reporting proper numbers better so miners can switch away faster when algos get overloaded anyhow, so yeah, just concentrate on that, lol.
grizscom

Activity: 245
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 01:03:14 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 03:52:03 PM by grizscom

Why can not use the service for one day?

UPD it is ok now, thanks

http://ethereumpool.co/ - Stable, fair & transparent Ethereum mining pool
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:36:07 PM

why all Megacoin addys identified as Mazacoin no matter the c= option ??

You've set it as c=MEC?
WareWolf

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:10:32 PM

Just another observation that payouts have been all time lows for the last four or so days. I'm seeing approx 40% loss day to day from what I was trending previous weeks. I'm also trending less than previously when I exclusively mined Darkcoin from another pool.

Things aren't looking too good.
dexu

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:55:12 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 04:24:22 PM by dexu

Hi Yaamp.
My Earnings just disappeared and has not been paid.
What happened?
Please check - http://yaamp.com/?address=XeTLRva7PUesrduLrV232tDqqA36KeQCH1

EDIT: After 6 hours of mining yaamp pay 0.21857537 DRK .. something is not right.
EDIT: Again, when added d=diff .. my earnings disappeared Sad I'm backward something about 2 DRK.

Im use c=DRK d=8192 is that correct ?

Please for support.

Best Regards.
WareWolf

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:13:42 AM

Just another observation that payouts have been all time lows for the last four or so days. I'm seeing approx 40% loss day to day from what I was trending previous weeks. I'm also trending less than previously when I exclusively mined Darkcoin from another pool.

Things aren't looking too good.

The abnormally low payouts continue... average has dropped to about 1/3rd payout of previous month trend...

Any clues as to the odd performance? Or did I just happen to have a great couple of weeks prior to the last week? Some sort of sign-on bonus Smiley Grin
MeteoImpact

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:47:59 PM

performance? Or did I just happen to have a great couple of weeks prior to the last week? Some sort of sign-on bonus Smiley Grin

It's probably more the altcoin market than anything specific to YAAMP, as YAAMP has performed much better than I was expecting since I switched away from TradeMyBit. When TMB died, I was really looking for another multipool with an api just as a fallback, as I had already been pointing most of my mining power at Nicehash, due to the higher profits. Surprisingly, YAAMP actually became more profitable than Nicehash, and by a significant amount, so unexpectedly, YAAMP became my miners' main home and Nicehash was the fallback. Now it looks like profit levels have dropped closer to Nicehash rates, which seems like more of a market correction than anything especially wrong with YAAMP.
WareWolf

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:56:42 PM

performance? Or did I just happen to have a great couple of weeks prior to the last week? Some sort of sign-on bonus Smiley Grin

It's probably more the altcoin market than anything specific to YAAMP, as YAAMP has performed much better than I was expecting since I switched away from TradeMyBit. When TMB died, I was really looking for another multipool with an api just as a fallback, as I had already been pointing most of my mining power at Nicehash, due to the higher profits. Surprisingly, YAAMP actually became more profitable than Nicehash, and by a significant amount, so unexpectedly, YAAMP became my miners' main home and Nicehash was the fallback. Now it looks like profit levels have dropped closer to Nicehash rates, which seems like more of a market correction than anything especially wrong with YAAMP.

Just to be clear that I'm on the same page as you, I'm not talking about the value return in BTC or USD, but rather I'm setup to receive DRK. Based on my hash rates, I'd be making more DRK right now mining DRK directly, which counters the additional value I have been trending for the last month on YAAMP, and the whole point of these currency shifting pools.
highspeedtractor

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:30:23 PM

Hi guys,

mining qubit algo using a geocoin (GEO) wallet adress gets me payout in guldencoin (NLG) What am I doing wrong? Tried several GEO adresses, always same behaviour although it works with other coins.

Read about the c option, but dont know how to use it. I am using ccminer.

Thx for any help

B.T.Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:40:09 PM

Read about the c option, but dont know how to use it. I am using ccminer.

It's easy, just set 'c=GEO' as your password, that's all.
If you are already using your password to set other variables then just add ',c=GEO' to the end of your already set password. Remember, no spaces.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
WareWolf

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:57:15 AM

Just to be clear that I'm on the same page as you, I'm not talking about the value return in BTC or USD, but rather I'm setup to receive DRK. Based on my hash rates, I'd be making more DRK right now mining DRK directly, which counters the additional value I have been trending for the last month on YAAMP, and the whole point of these currency shifting pools.

I just wanted to take a moment to update my experience so that folks don't come here and get the wrong impression about YAAMP or the project supporters. I believe I've discovered the error causing my findings (my control scripting). I was in the middle of making changes when the system had issues a while back, and it wasn't until today that I realized what was going on.

The last two payouts have been more or less where I was trending, so things are more than likely back to normal.

Thanks YAAMP
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:49:59 AM

Seems to be problems with the API today. My profit switching software download 0 price  for all the alogs so my miners are moved to other pools.

Please fix it.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:47:35 PM

how much any one may earn with a single gtx 970 per day, if he or she mines whole day long ? and which algo is more profitable ?
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:48:33 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 05:34:00 PM by Bombadil

how much any one may earn with a single gtx 970 per day, if he or she mines whole day long ? and which algo is more profitable ?

The profits in btc/mhs/day are here: http://yaamp.com/site/mining
It fluctuates throughout the day, so you might take a look at Miner Control (in my signature). That'll switch if another algo becomes more profitable.

Also, Quark seems down? Getting timed out errors. The site also says Quark has 0 hashrate, so I suppose I'm not the only one.
Seems like it's fixed Smiley Nvm ^^"
MeteoImpact

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:17:14 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks; This top-heavy hashrate distribution looks much more beneficial for miners Grin. Hopefully the crazy fast block times don't break DimeCoin, but really, it's not YAAMP's fault that the coin has a ridiculous block reward schedule that encourages hashrate spikes.
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:54:08 AM

21:53 - there look to be something wrong with Qubit

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
ciklop1974

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:45:41 PM

already half day.  Undecided
ciklop1974

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:04:44 PM

Where  is trading this VMC? Pool work correctly?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: