Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73503 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:39:56 PM

Hey guys
Mining on grinmint - is it possible to payout to a grinbox address?  Right now only seeing http and email (which for some reason I'm not receiving).  Thanks

Grin does not have "addresses." Did you open the account with the +random value added to the e-mail? You may have to open a support ticket with the pool if you are not getting the e-mail with the tx file.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trackers

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:02:34 PM

Does that png say bitforex cannot be withdrawn from? I withdrew from them yesterday

Or are you saying that GRIN cannot be withdrawn from the exchange? Either way its a bit confusing.

I have no withdrawal button on Bitforex. I read here that it will be enabled tomorrow

Yep no withdraw button for me either
cryptolad

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:19:23 PM

Hey guys
Mining on grinmint - is it possible to payout to a grinbox address?  Right now only seeing http and email (which for some reason I'm not receiving).  Thanks

Grin does not have "addresses." Did you open the account with the +random value added to the e-mail? You may have to open a support ticket with the pool if you are not getting the e-mail with the tx file.

Thanks, Yeah I did with the +random value.  Tried twice and both times didn't receive the email. I didn't see a way to open a support ticket so I emailed support@blockcypher.com. Have you tried both email and http methods?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:26:19 PM

Fuck this thread

I came late. What's bob on about?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:32:11 PM

I'm struggling to understand the compatibility of the MimbleWimble backbone + unlimited supply:

For a potential "everyday use" cryptocurrency that dominates the global economy, I think some rate of inflation/emission is 100% necessary.

But I don't think Grin is trying to be that with the way everything else is situated. The elimination of denominations and addresses makes this currency fundamentally difficult to interact with. I also think an inherently private coin would be incompatible with the role of worldwide day-to-day use.

I don't see any other situation for Grin or any crypto where unlimited supply is a good thing to have. What's the justification?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:41:56 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 09:55:59 PM by suchmoon

Thanks, Yeah I did with the +random value.  Tried twice and both times didn't receive the email. I didn't see a way to open a support ticket so I emailed support@blockcypher.com. Have you tried both email and http methods?

I have successfully withdrawn from grinmint using e-mail. Not gonna try the http option as it sounds woefully unsafe. Perhaps your e-mail provider doesn't understand the "+" in the address?

But I don't think Grin is trying to be that with the way everything else is situated. The elimination of denominations and addresses makes this currency fundamentally difficult to interact with. I also think an inherently private coin would be incompatible with the role of worldwide day-to-day use.

In a cash transaction you also don't particularly care about person's identity or anything like that. You just hand them cash and they take it.

I think eventually there will be tools built to overcome some of the inconvenience, with varying degrees of sacrifice needed in terms of privacy etc.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 10:17:59 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 10:31:11 PM by Anon136

I'm struggling to understand the compatibility of the MimbleWimble backbone + unlimited supply:

For a potential "everyday use" cryptocurrency that dominates the global economy, I think some rate of inflation/emission is 100% necessary.

I don't see any other situation for Grin or any crypto where unlimited supply is a good thing to have. What's the justification?

I don't think they want people to speculate and hoard this currency. I think they want to avoid the criticisms of bitcoin being all held in massive amounts by early adopters. They want it to be for spending and pricing, for real world use. It probably will be more stable than other cryptos in a few years. Perhaps just gradually decreasing in value a little bit every year for the foreseeable future.

As for it being too hard to use, well yes it certainly is right now, but I mean

Of course it's going to be rough. There is no reason why it can't progress in an ever more user friendly direction from here moving forward. It could be pretty easy. Imagine if grin in the future had a built in DHT. There would be no need to configure anything, as long as your wallet was running it could receive. And a company that owed you payment could ping you every few minutes for as long as it took at trivial cost. And the ability to send funds through email could actually be really convenient when it's not so rough around the edges. I'm thinking drag and drop from email or other source into the wallet and done.

We will see. I'm here because this is something real. It's not a get rich quick hype coin. It's real, new, innovative technology. We only see that every few years in this space if we are lucky. I will always come back to be a part of it every time it turns up. And I expect I will see a lot of the cool familiar faces here or elsewhere when I do, time and time again.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
SplitBirb
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

🐦

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 10:55:00 PM

This project sounds interesting. Thinking of investing few BTC into this.

Only thing is I saw this on explorer:
(Fork detected! We've detected two competing chains, forked at Block 10148. Stay wary!)

Does this mean a Grin Gold is coming?  or anything of that nature?

🐦 Find me on Twitter @SplitBirb 🐦
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:56:01 PM

I'm here because this is something real. It's not a get rich quick hype coin. It's real, new, innovative technology.
Is that what brought you back to the forum just now, or is it coincidence? And did you go on hiatus because of the get-rich-quickism?

This project sounds interesting. Thinking of investing few BTC into this.

Only thing is I saw this on explorer:
(Fork detected! We've detected two competing chains, forked at Block 10148. Stay wary!)

Does this mean a Grin Gold is coming?  or anything of that nature?
It is v interesting, but from an investment pov it might be better to bitcoin-cost-average into it slowly rather than all at once.

Nothing like that yet. Chains fork and resolve all the time

coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:08:00 AM

I heard about Grin and MimbleWimble recently, i think it's something different from what we used to know about elements in a blockchain like addresses and recorded transactions. How to try with transactions in the Grinnet and did the mainnet lunched as sheduled to the 15 January?
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:37:55 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2019, 01:03:01 AM by bananaunana

This project seems to be shilled far too much in my opinion. Normally I'm giving out the benefit of doubt to every project and see how it proceeds but it's really difficult to project this onto Grin. The inflation issue is a really huge thing if you compare it to other crypto solutions. A main part of Bitcoin was limited supply - which Grin is the exactly opposite.
Additionally, I didn't see such a weak ANN presentation. The design standards have fairly improved the last years. Even if OP has no high rank (and is obviously not getting into a better one soon) the ANN in the most important crypto forum could be designed much better.
And finally: I don't know why this forum supports altcoins while having the option of getting involved in much better altcoins that are actually approved.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 12:53:43 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

This projects sems to be shilled far too much in my opinion. Normally I'm giving out the benefit of doubt to every project and see how it proceeds but it's really difficult to projects this onto Grin. The inflation issue is a really huge thing if you compare it to other crypto solutions. A main part of Bitcoin was limited supply - which Grin is the exactly opposite.
Additionally, I didn't see such a weak ANN presentation. The design standards have fairly improved the last years. Even if OP has no high rank (and is obviously not getting into a better one soon) tha ANN in the most important crypto forum coud be designed much better.
And finally: I don't know why this forum supports altcoins while having the option of getting involved in much better altcoins that are actually approved.

Approved by whom?

It's a good thing that Grin is "shilled" because of its cool tech, and not because of a glitzy ANN with fake team pictures posted by a purchased account. Read the links in the OP.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:02:32 AM

I put together an updated video guide showcasing the faster GRIN miner on Windows & Linux (smOS) for Nvidia & AMD + How to Buy & Sell GRIN + How to turn your mined GRIN into BTC (if desired)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2qDOF-4M5Q

I also put together an updated written guide on How To Mine Grin Coin on Windows & Linux (smOS) + BST GRIN

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
kathlie

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:04:57 AM

I put together an updated video guide showcasing the faster GRIN miner on Windows & Linux (smOS) for Nvidia & AMD + How to Buy & Sell GRIN + How to turn your mined GRIN into BTC (if desired)
https://i.imgur.com/pmQaQNRm.jpg

I also put together an updated written guide on How To Mine Grin Coin on Windows & Linux (smOS) + BST GRIN
https://i.imgur.com/FryV5ZOl.gif

good job ,i really happy done successfully by your viedo ,thanks!
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:08:17 AM

good job ,i really happy done successfully by your viedo ,thanks!
thank you Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:13:58 AM

regarding being unlimited...

compare it to gold, technically you can claim gold is limited but thousands of years back and today we are still mining it, in the future we still are going to mine it, although limited it feels like it is unlimited. we may even mine it outside the earth in the future if we go inter stellar/inter planetary.

if we say that we will mine gold in the whole universe, or just say in our galaxy..what would we say? "that's unlimited"

well we haven't even explored the earth's crust or the earth's mantle and scour the ocean floors for gold mining.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:24:01 AM

How can I deposit my Grin coins to Hotbit? All I see is some HTTPS link as a GRIN Deposit Address. How to use it?

The command would be grin wallet send -d (https link) (amount), without the parenthesis.

Can anyone make a trade with me? I want 3 grins for bitcoin, I will send first. I will not trade with random accounts, only the trusted people with or without a positive rating.

@Last of the V8s. An infinite supply should appeal to the miners most, after 10+ years. Bitcoin's capped supply might become an issue after a few more halvings.

I have some coins on a pool but I'm still not certain if I know the process well enough to make sure I don't get scammed or get accused of scamming. I'm not saying you would, it's just a general lack of understanding on my part with the 3-way process. With Bitcoin it's quite simple - I send coins to a given address, it shows up in a block, confirmed, visible on a block explorer, no doubts about it. With grin though... let's say I create a TX file to send to you. Then for whatever reason you fail to create a response file for me to finalize for me and you accuse me that my TX file was bad. Is there a way for a third party to verify that?

I trust you. I would be willing to send first.

Also, have you tried sending your coins in your grin wallet? I would be willing to take the risk of having some issues with the transaction as long as the coins are directly from your wallet, not from a pool. It would be part of the learning process hehehe.

I have moved some coins to my wallet and between two of my wallets, been experimenting for a bit. It's offline now though. I'm gonna rebuild my node later today and once I restore the wallet backup we can try this if you're still interested.

Yes I still am! Post or send me your bitcoin wallet and I will pay you as soon as possible for the spot price in Hotbit. I want 3 grins. Can you do the transaction file way of sending and email it to me? I do not trust receiving via listener.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
oceanone

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:12:04 AM

cant get it running get all time an cuda error at GPU 5 on 2 different rigs with 6x GTX 1070. tried over clock and non overclock same result.

CUDA error DRIVER: '2' in func 'bminer::cuckoo::CuckarooSolverCuda::Initialize' line 122
[FATA] [2019-01-22T21:10:50-05:00] Fatal cuda error in GPU 5. Terminate soon...

Raven mining runs super stable 8 days uptime.

any ideas

Windows 10 actual geforce driver 4 GB ram 24 GB virtal memory
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 03:12:28 AM

cant get it running get all time an cuda error at GPU 5 on 2 different rigs with 6x GTX 1070. tried over clock and non overclock same result.

CUDA error DRIVER: '2' in func 'bminer::cuckoo::CuckarooSolverCuda::Initialize' line 122
[FATA] [2019-01-22T21:10:50-05:00] Fatal cuda error in GPU 5. Terminate soon...

Raven mining runs super stable 8 days uptime.

any ideas

Windows 10 actual geforce driver 4 GB ram 24 GB virtal memory

Seems a bit low on RAM. I would try bumping virtual memory to 40-50GB, disconnecting half of the GPUs, and then re-adding them one at time.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:22:01 AM

Is that what brought you back to the forum just now, or is it coincidence?

I came back because I'm interested in grin and was looking for a place to talk to people about it. There is grin-forum but I know everyone here and its more fun here. What might my return be coincidental with, in theory, if you don't mind my asking?

And did you go on hiatus because of the get-rich-quickism?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking or implying. I went on hiatus because crypto got less interesting when the price was crashing and no new projects were coming out that were catching my interest. Also without the price skyrocketing I found that I kinda needed a real job, so I've been building a real world business. What do you mean by "And did you go on hiatus because of the get-rich-quickism?"?

regarding being unlimited...

compare it to gold, technically you can claim gold is limited but thousands of years back and today we are still mining it, in the future we still are going to mine it, although limited it feels like it is unlimited. we may even mine it outside the earth in the future if we go inter stellar/inter planetary.

if we say that we will mine gold in the whole universe, or just say in our galaxy..what would we say? "that's unlimited"

well we haven't even explored the earth's crust or the earth's mantle and scour the ocean floors for gold mining.

Does the total amount of gold that is mined every year even decrease? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that on average it stays pretty constant. Less and less available but better and better tech to extract it every year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: