Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73508 times)
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 03:49:15 PM

@Hueristic. Hehehe what do you imply with nothing? No website or that nothing is happenning in there?

I go there for the developer announcements. That forum needs more activity, however.
A sort of campaigns like Cryptotalk forum (that was paid in BTC), why not?

If Grin team want to run promotion, it is not a too bad idea.
Further consideration is if there is a campaign, it should be paid through Grin coin. This sort of payment will do help to make Grin coin become more popular and its liquidity as well as daily volume will be magnified considerably.

Anyway, recent days are good period for Mimble Wimble coins, from Grin coin to BEAM. Congrats all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:27:57 PM

Why binance delist GRIN?

When did they list Grin?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 01:55:36 AM

Would Binance list a real community coin similar to Grin? I reckon Changpeng Zhao might do what they did to Jared and Digibyte. Demand a fee of 1/3 the supply hehehe.

In any case, what Asic manufacturers have shown interest in Grin? Is Bitmain one of them?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 03:14:50 AM

Would Binance list a real community coin similar to Grin? I reckon Changpeng Zhao might do what they did to Jared and Digibyte. Demand a fee of 1/3 the supply hehehe.
I am curious why Binance has not yet listed Grin coin on their platform while they already listed BEAM. I have my feeling that Grincoin is much more favorited by altcoin-crypto community, rather than BEAM. BEAM tends to be more favorited in South of Korea.

Last but not least, if Binance listed Dogecoin, without developers' activities recent years, I think there are still probability to see Grin coin on Binance, sooner or later. The volume of Grincoin does satisfy Binance's criteria and the coin can bring profits from operations to the platform.
Herry Toms

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:51:42 AM

Grin is good, but I prefer mining RYO with GPUs. So, far CN-GPU is the best algorithm to mine with any type of GPU's even with low-end cheap GPUs.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 07:36:41 PM

I am curious why Binance has not yet listed Grin coin on their platform while they already listed BEAM. I have my feeling that Grincoin is much more favorited by altcoin-crypto community, rather than BEAM. BEAM tends to be more favorited in South of Korea.

Last but not least, if Binance listed Dogecoin, without developers' activities recent years, I think there are still probability to see Grin coin on Binance, sooner or later. The volume of Grincoin does satisfy Binance's criteria and the coin can bring profits from operations to the platform.

Beam is a premined dev taxed scam that can afford to pay off exchanges for listings, maybe thats why.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
CryptTech
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 07:21:22 AM

Beam is a premined dev taxed scam that can afford to pay off exchanges for listings, maybe thats why.

Where did you find information about that beam is a scam?
Or is it just your opinion?

AllCrypt.Tech - News Cryptocurrency | ✅ BattleHashes.Com - Multiplayer gambling on blockchain | Discussion Thread BH: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5188527.0
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1085

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 08:56:16 AM

He's calling anything with a premine or mining tax a scam.

Btw, while Beam does have a dev tax of 12% over all emission, they did not have any premine.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 01:57:57 AM

Premines and the developer tax are not scams, however, many of the projects that used this creative method of funding were scams.

Also, a group of venture capitalists behind a cryptocoin project have only one interest. Their profits from the project. How do they do this? Dumping their share of the premine or tax on the community.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:27:22 AM

He's calling anything with a premine or mining tax a scam.

Btw, while Beam does have a dev tax of 12% over all emission, they did not have any premine.

I'm pretty sure they had "Locked" premine but I don't have the time to find the info atm.

Added:

https://www.grin-forum.org/t/a-mimblewimble-competitor-beam/540

A thinly veiled 20% premine, a corporate web 69.0 design bullshit with circles of faces and everything, and gpu mining

but finite coin supply and their white paper is an actual white paper and not marketing bullshit.

Anyone see what the rate of halvening is?

Discuss.

Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 08:01:51 PM

I'm pretty sure they had "Locked" premine but I don't have the time to find the info atm.
Find it, since I'm pretty sure they didn't (if they did, then I'm all fcked up because I mined Beam last 6 months).
AFAIK they have only tax from mining, there's no any premine.

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 01:01:55 AM

@Texacha. It should be easy to find the information if there was a premine. In any case, Beam, similar to the most of the other cryptocoins' limited emission is short of planning. I reckon the whole cryptospace should already learned from Zcash's failure on its block tax model.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 08:03:47 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052151.0
[ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
dreamax25

Activity: 365
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 09:23:43 AM

Grin got ranked as one of the top coins to watch for this week, due to the upgrade to a new proof-of-work mechanism.

Read more:

https://coincodex.com/article/6553/top-3-coins-to-watch-january-13-january-20-2020/
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 04:41:52 PM

Grin got ranked as one of the top coins to watch for this week, due to the upgrade to a new proof-of-work mechanism.

Read more:

https://coincodex.com/article/6553/top-3-coins-to-watch-january-13-january-20-2020/
The change of proof of work algorithm is good but the more important thing is the high inflation rate of Grincoin. It is obvious that the inflation rate started to decrease considerably after its first one year and I do hope that the decrease of inflation will have some good effects on its price as well as on the confidence of long-term holders, who also play important supports for the coin on market.
The dev team supporting the project have announced that there is a hard-fork scheduled for block 524,160. This is estimated to take place close to January 15,
Only about three days left till that important day for Grincoiners. Miners like it too.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:59:11 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052151.0
[ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine

So here is your BeamPrivacy shill linking Lopp on his beam/grin comments

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052151.msg47105183#msg47105183

When Jameson Lopp speaks about Mimblewimble, Grin, and BEAM  https://youtu.be/NDleBWrnRsk?t=1146

Direct link to Lopps exact wording.

https://youtu.be/NDleBWrnRsk?t=1165

Grin as opposed to Beam is "Fair launched with no premine and no funny business".

"No premine,No ICO",but with many https://www.beam.mw/investors here,so how they invested the project? Angry
Invest Tax?

Hey there. thanks for your pertinent question.
Investors did invest in Beam the same way Investors invested in Zcash. It's based on the treasury model Beam is following.

Treasury works in the following way: in the first five years of Beam existence, 20% of all mined coins automatically go to the Treasury. Our investors, the core team, our advisors and the non-profit Beam Foundation will be getting Beam coins from the Treasury on a quarterly basis.

OK so now I remember the massive 20% Dev tax (what they call an investor tax) goes to repay the funds they revieved before launch on a monthly basis (so basically they can only dump 20% of coins).

Its just a slower guaranteed premine of 20% thats wrapped in a nice sounding "Treasury" wording.

The bottom line is 20% of all coins can be dumped from the Launch team.

The same "Lipstick on a pig" as Zcrap.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 01:55:53 AM

Read more:

Another bitcoin news media website creating hype from a normal standard hardfork. This is bad because some children in the cryptospace might invest on it in the wrong time.

@Hueristic. There was also a proposal from zcash that the tax should be extended hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 06:17:01 AM

Read more:

Another bitcoin news media website creating hype from a normal standard hardfork. This is bad because some children in the cryptospace might invest on it in the wrong time.

@Hueristic. There was also a proposal from zcash that the tax should be extended hehehe.

Insane that anyone would ever use Zcrap as its only utility its creator has said will be intentionally broken. I guess its not bad enough that the thing is a trusted system to begin with but now he wants to throw back doors in and continue to skim of the top indefinitely. I'm glad i never fell for that fools gold scamcoin.

Lolliedieb

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 11:33:46 AM

Hey Friends,

I hope this post is allowed here, else feel free to moderate it.

I just upgraded lolMiner to version 0.9.5 that brings support for the new C29M PoW upgrade on Thursday to 8G AMD GPUs, Linux / Win 7 / Win 10

Here is my BTC talk thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4724735.msg53601881#msg53601881

Here the release directly:
https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-releases/releases/tag/0.95

And well here my (still small) TG channel:
https://t.me/lolMiner

Any feedback appreciated, Happy mining Smiley

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 05:41:58 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: