Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73507 times)
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1080

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 06:41:32 AM

Cuckatoo31 is no more

As of block (52+30)*7*24*60 = 826560, the graph_weight of C31 has fallen to 0,
making it impossible to solve blocks with C31.

Congratulations to the miner of block https://grinscan.net/block/826450 6
the last ever C31 block in Grin!

Although it really didn’t make sense to be mining C31 in the past week, where its graph_weight was 31 times less than before the phase-out. We suspect that even now, some people may still be mining C31, unaware that it’s a complete waste of electricity. At least the above miner got some bragging rights.

Sadly, now https://www.f2pool.com/coins only shows two grinning smilies instead of the former three in a row...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ilyapx

Activity: 237
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 11:41:09 AM

Mimblewimble technology does not make sense in the future, a simple cryptocurrency like bitcoin with the function of compression of the blockchain is not needed by anyone. It is strange that grin has not yet fallen in price, from an economic point of view, grin is the same as dogecoin.
tromp
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 01:17:45 PM

Reminder: do not feed the trolls...
ilyapx

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:15:08 PM

Reminder: do not feed the trolls...
where you Troll saw writing as it is, than your grin better Dogecoin?
even more I will say it is worse you can't transfer grin money to offlan

two users must be online all the time to translate, this is just nonsense and not technology.
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 03:07:41 AM

two users must be online all the time to translate, this is just nonsense and not technology.
Same is with cash money, so it isn't a nonsense. Wink
...but I agree with the part that "from an economic point of view, grin is the same as dogecoin"

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
tromp
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:42:06 AM

...but I agree with the part that "from an economic point of view, grin is the same as dogecoin"

Grin has constant block reward. In Doge the current reward is only 1% of initial reward.
Not quite the same, unless your only distinction is capped vs uncapped.

Taking that to an extreme, Grin would be the same as Bitcoin with a 1 satoshi tail emission,
where late miners are rewarded 5 billion times less than initial ones.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 09:37:24 AM

What is happening to GRIN? One year ago that was a great hype that GRIN is a future of anonymous cryptocurrencies, but when I look at market capitalization then Verge is doing better  Cheesy Roll Eyes.
And what happened when Litecoin use MimbleWimble technology, does GRIN make a sense after that?  Huh

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 01:59:21 PM

What is happening to GRIN? One year ago that was a great hype that GRIN is a future of anonymous cryptocurrencies, but when I look at market capitalization then Verge is doing better  Cheesy Roll Eyes.

Wat???

Conclusion:  Grin is currently highly overvalued at $6.5

Question is not if price of Grin is over evaluated right now, but at what price and at what time will Grin found bottom.  I believe most pessimistic date could be even 4 years form now and deep in 4 digits of satoshies.

I'm guessing more like 2 years and who know what BTC will be worth then so it is hard to judge what this will be worth in comparison.

Hands up who is going with this just because theymos has backed it himself?

It's not like you guys were not warned.

What is the economic model?  I read a while back that there was something funky about it and not that appealing. 

1 grin is created per second on average, forever. Similar to XMR. Not ideal IMO, but it does tend to be deflationary long-term.

What's the general consensus on Grin? Are we buying it or Is theymos trolling us again with another shitcoin? (remember howey) No address, no coins, sounds weird af. I don't know what to think about it.

Not a shitcoin but it is not an investment vehicle.

Don't you think infinite supply will play role of pressure element on he price of coin ? There is lot of hype before the launch of this coin what is scheduled in two days now. I hope they will be much more careful with security and safety as first impression will be the last. We saw what happens with Beam with vulnerability. These are the two coins succeeded to get attention of everyone in very short time.

Beam is a money grab, tail emission is a design decision of a solid currency.
It doesn't matter if the pump and dumper can't make cake, its not designed for that so if the tail emission scares you then don't use this coin.

@Theymos finds the tech interesting and does not do pump and dumps.

I find the goals laudable and the tech interesting if not immature atm, the tech will be amazing if matured due to the scaling if nothing else.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
SurDenis905

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 09:27:38 AM

And what happened when Litecoin use MimbleWimble technology, does GRIN make a sense after that?  Huh

It seems to me that the hype surrounding the implementation of these anonymous functions in Litecoin will be very cool. Consequently, GRIN loses its uniqueness and investment attractiveness.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 10:33:20 AM

It seems to me that the hype surrounding the implementation of these anonymous functions in Litecoin will be very cool. Consequently, GRIN loses its uniqueness and investment attractiveness.

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink
oryhp

Activity: 60
Merit: 87

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 05:09:38 PM

While I think it's a good idea for Litecoin to add this to distinguish itself, it doesn't make Grin lose any value because they're completely different. I don't know about investment, but Grin still has a very unique position in the space which can in my opinion only be stopped by a new technology emerging that is far superior - which we have yet to see.

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink
You're way off here, but you should do your own research to find out why Wink
Beyerd17

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 07:35:05 PM

While I think it's a good idea for Litecoin to add this to distinguish itself, it doesn't make Grin lose any value because they're completely different. I don't know about investment, but Grin still has a very unique position in the space which can in my opinion only be stopped by a new technology emerging that is far superior - which we have yet to see.

Seriously, A newb with like 7 posts telling me I'm way off. I had expected somewhat more than that. As for your reasoning, you basically have none, guess your maybe thinking I should simply just take your word for it. I'm gonna need a bit more than that. Let me try again, why does this project even exist, not sure the crypto world really need it...
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 01:07:10 AM

Seriously, A newb with like 7 posts telling me I'm way off. I had expected somewhat more than that. As for your reasoning, you basically have none, guess your maybe thinking I should simply just take your word for it. I'm gonna need a bit more than that. Let me try again, why does this project even exist, not sure the crypto world really need it...

People use alts for a reason N00b.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Beyerd17

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:16:29 AM

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink

People use alts for a reason N00b.

Well again, there is absolutely zero reasoning, this time from a Legendary no less. This makes me believe this project is doomed to mediocracy at best.
Right now Grin is ranked at place 295 at Coinmarketcap, don't waste your funds on this project, it probably won't be going anywhere but down in price long term.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:40:46 AM

Let me try again, why does this project even exist, not sure the crypto world really need it...

Why do alts - in general - exist?
Because by your reasoning, they shouldn't.

This makes me believe this project is doomed to mediocracy at best.

Tell that to the miners. Zero reasoning indeed.
[insert sparkpool.ditching.shitcoins.for.grin meme here]

don't waste your funds on this project, it probably won't be going anywhere but down in price long term.

Thanks for the advise. Was it financial? Tongue

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Beyerd17

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:53:35 AM

Let me try again, why does this project even exist, not sure the crypto world really need it...

Why do alts - in general - exist?
Because by your reasoning, they shouldn't.

This makes me believe this project is doomed to mediocracy at best.

Tell that to the miners. Zero reasoning indeed.
[insert sparkpool.ditching.shitcoins.for.grin meme here]

don't waste your funds on this project, it probably won't be going anywhere but down in price long term.

Thanks for the advise. Was it financial? Tongue

Hey, i'm sure this project is great for the paranoid and drug dealers and the like. Drug dealers need some love too. Just wondering what the appeal is to the larger crowds out there that are not selling stuff on the "darkweb". Give me some solid reasons why anyone should invest in GRIN, I don't really see it for most real life crypto case users.
PavelPav

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:19:58 AM

Hey, i'm sure this project is great for the paranoid and drug dealers and the like. Drug dealers need some love too. Just wondering what the appeal is to the larger crowds out there that are not selling stuff on the "darkweb". Give me some solid reasons why anyone should invest in GRIN, I don't really see it for most real life crypto case users.

You talk as if ordinary users don't need anonymity functions. For example, I don't want someone to know how much cryptocurrency I have and to whom I make payments. I actively use ETH and it is not possible to hide it there. It is not comfortable.
Beyerd17

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 09:49:33 AM

You talk as if ordinary users don't need anonymity functions. For example, I don't want someone to know how much cryptocurrency I have and to whom I make payments. I actively use ETH and it is not possible to hide it there. It is not comfortable.

Fair enough  Smiley Hardly see anyone complain about this with most Bitcoin or Ethereum users. Could be an issue if one holds huge amounts of funds. For most users thats hardly something they give a second thought. My impression is that most people aren't bothered by this and that the use case is quite limited to very few people. Hence price and interest in GRIN will probably never be all that high.
ilyapx

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 11:12:12 AM

Fair enough  Smiley Hardly see anyone complain about this with most Bitcoin or Ethereum users. Could be an issue if one holds huge amounts of funds. For most users thats hardly something they give a second thought. My impression is that most people aren't bothered by this and that the use case is quite limited to very few people. Hence price and interest in GRIN will probably never be all that high.
Most people don't invest a lot of money, so they don't really care.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:28:41 PM

Fair enough  Smiley Hardly see anyone complain about this with most Bitcoin or Ethereum users.

Thats because you don't know anyone that holds a large amount.

Its obvious from your comments to your shitcoin shilling sig that you have no clue whats going on.

Not to mention the fact you think a Legendary's words matter more than a n00bs, that just shows how clueless you really are.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: