Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop promoting scam project?  (Read 26925 times)
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:22:06 AM

But bounty hunters is not going to stop from joining bounties,the steps needs o be taken from the forum side to make it happen and already many people suggested theymos to have the signature campaigns in this forum which pays in the bitcoin or in already listed coins,so we need to see what is the decision by theymos on this case.
Agree with your mind, i do not participated in any bountys without listing exchange or IEO with popular exchange. Since of the almost two years many project scam or failed ICO that's means unless so i can't pain work at this time. So i leave those projects if there not manage more keep development work with IEO must be.
timfish

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:32:11 AM

I think that's a good idea, but most of the time the developers depend on the hard and soft cap to promote their project, I think this kind of case already being warned by more senior accounts, dont join the project if there is no escrow but in the end the bounty hunters didn't care about the escrow and keep on joining, so I think this is half of the bounty hunters fault
I think I agree with you. The key to preventing being scammed or working without any gain is to be carefully watch those bounty campaigns single handedly.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:45:31 AM

It is a bit difficult to prevent and discourage scam projects unless strong regulations are in place. The idea you have come up with is very good for the benefits of both bounty hunters and the crypto project management. But I think escrow is not practical at present. All we need is research before joining bounty campaigns. 

jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:54:12 AM

they can't.
most of the ICO now didn't even reach soft cap. and their rule is if they don't reach softcap then the bounty hunter didn't get paid for their work.
better join campaign that is escrowed and has a fix payment. but it is indeed very hard to join.
qweqwe2121

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

Crypto ✪ Enthusiast

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 08:32:12 AM

I agree, but this idea is a bit ambiguous, if we say the developer must have the money to promote and in fact at this time the project idea from the owner or developer is more valuable so that with their idea comes support from other parties, and the support is not funds to promote, these funds are used to develop the project. This is a choice, develop or promote.
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 11:16:49 AM

Yes, that is a brilliant idea. Minimum investing or a payoff from the bounty project seems really good, but the thing is, it hardly seems to be practical. Even if a few bounty hunters agree, there will always be those who will be antagonising your idea, and those who will be totally frustrated and you can’t do anything about it because they have freedom of speech and freedom of making their own decisions.
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 01:06:02 PM

Though some scam are obvious, it's really difficult to distinguish most. And there's no common place to list and discuss about scams.
Many people even don't bother to do a little research about the project.
Many of the scam projects are much more appealing than the legit ones. And most of times people put their individual profit ahead of everything.
yeah, sometimes we already realize that the project is a scam. but we can't be certain, because their team is like an actor. they can convince many people that they are legitimate and attract them to continue to promote the project.

as you said most scam projects are far more interesting than legit ones. that is why many people have difficulty distinguishing them.
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

What if we everybody stop to promote a project which offers only token?
For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?

That is such a good idea. Because it will give the scammers a lesson and people will be more aware about the projects. If we do not want to waste our time, we should be carefull in choosing the projects. By seeing all details about the projects, we can learn if the projects are good or just scam.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Shepard777

Activity: 532
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 05:25:19 PM

I think that the participants in the bounty cannot prevent fraud in any way. Since all the same, all at once, they will not stop engaging in bounty and will earn more due to the fact that the participants in the tables will become smaller and for this reason new participants will start coming to the bounty who have just learned about this type of earnings. Only regulators can prevent fraud.

MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2019, 06:03:53 PM

Fraudulent projects can be stopped only with the help of regulators until they are introduced into the cryptocurrency, and fraudulent projects will appear in the cryptocurrency.

surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 06:07:12 PM

That's a good idea.  But perhaps difficult to implement when the escrow model is difficult to apply in practice.  You should carefully check your projects before joining.  If you doubt that, don't join.  To be honest, ICOs need stricter rules to bring  trust and benefits to bounty hunters.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 07:25:04 PM

I think that completely stopping scam projects is very difficult.
This is due to the constant arrival of new players in the cryptocurrency market.
Since they do not have experience, they are frivolous in choosing projects.
It is the constant movement and the emergence of new players that contribute to the emergence of such projects.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 05:00:42 AM

The issue with this scam project is that they don't show any way better or look like one when the promo start but many are so  desperate to get thing done and walk away with bonus share which has really makes the game more tight for them to do scam project here and there, this is why they will not pray for regulator which will check mate them .
attech21

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:14:36 PM

We can prevent promoting scam projects by the government to stop them promoting such scammed project that didn't help people to take what did they signed in the project. And base on me we stop it by not promoting or not signing into their project to let them stock it and to let it failled on what they want to be on their project.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 05:16:17 PM

Yes we can stop promoting scam project, who wants to be part of a scam project?
But how can we do that? first we need to ask or solve the issue on how we can detect if the project is a scam.
If we can tell at the very beginning that the project is a scam we will not just go away from it, we will fight it. but it is really hard to tell with out evidence.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:13:15 PM

Yes, that is a brilliant idea. Minimum investing or a payoff from the bounty project seems really good, but the thing is, it hardly seems to be practical. Even if a few bounty hunters agree, there will always be those who will be antagonising your idea, and those who will be totally frustrated and you can’t do anything about it because they have freedom of speech and freedom of making their own decisions.

Forum members can come up with rules for bounty campaigns, discuss them and if necessary vote. Ready coherent option, you can grant administrators of the forum. And if they approve them and publish them as mandatory, then new projects will somehow be obliged to adhere to them.

Bitcoin+Fi

Activity: 378

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 06:30:11 PM

Fraud can be stopped by introducing cryptocurrency regulators, and fraudsters will still find a way to bypass the regulators

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
103deltafox

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:44:09 PM

Nice concept you gave especially when you talked about Escrowing bounty payment but actually I really don't think anyone would want to support a scam project if they knew. Well,  we really need to do research before promoting any project.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 02:52:34 AM

Promoting scam projects will be wasting time only, slowly peoples will stop promoting the project because they don't get anything from it.
Investors are very picky to investing now, so promoting project won't gives guarantee that investors will come.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:46:58 AM

Nice concept you gave especially when you talked about Escrowing bounty payment but actually I really don't think anyone would want to support a scam project if they knew. Well,  we really need to do research before promoting any project.

Well, you're promoting a project where the bounty Manager has the red color of a scammer. And such as you bounty hunters a lot, and some of them also have a red color. Self-respecting project will never take a team of people with red.

That's why for fraudulent projects there will always be those willing to promote them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: