Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:31:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070034 times)
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:58:16 PM

Sounds more like conspiracy theory to me. I'd say there's something more behind the Bytecoin story, and there are more things pointing to 2012 as a project launch year rather to the smooth's version of events. Personally, I believe that the project was created in 2012 in a rough minimum viable product, which simply did not take off. I tend to agree with Halon's razor in this case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:03:31 AM

Sounds more like conspiracy theory to me. I'd say there's something more behind the Bytecoin story, and there are more things pointing to 2012 as a project launch year rather to the smooth's version of events. Personally, I believe that the project was created in 2012 in a rough minimum viable product, which simply did not take off. I tend to agree with Halon's razor in this case.

Nope, already contradicted by statements made by Bytecoin supporters. Not going to explicitly point them out though (for now)

I've said before that the more bullshit they spin up the more contradictions will be created, and that is true.

They should really stop digging.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

Nope, already contradicted by statements made by Bytecoin supporters. Not going to explicitly point them out though (for now)

I've said before that the more bullshit they spin up the more contradictions will be created, and that is true.

But a good portion of all of this is merely speculation. For all we know the people you say are creating the backwards statements arent even involved in the creation. Isn't it possible for others to perpetuate all of this without truly having anything to do with the coin itself, something like a takeover. This is no different than Satoshi creating bitcoin and everything to include updates and posts being handled by others.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:46:58 AM

But a good portion of all of this is merely speculation. For all we know the people you say are creating the backwards statements arent even involved in the creation. Isn't it possible for others to perpetuate all of this without truly having anything to do with the coin itself, something like a takeover. This is no different than Satoshi creating bitcoin and everything to include updates and posts being handled by others.

In a sense it doesn't matter at all who "created" it (could be aliens!). We know who is promoting it, and we know they are lying scammers, if only because of their own contradictions. Also, the official bytecoin web site at one point claimed that a Princeton professor was part of the team and gave biographical information (I saw it). Someone did the research and figured out that no such professor existed (I checked this and confirmed it). It was pure fraud. They took the alleged "team member" off the web site which was likely a good idea because institutions such as Princeton are quite powerful and don't take kindly to their name being falsely used to promote scams.

There is also from the weight of the evidence as evaluated by credible independent objective observers, such as actual professors that really exist:

I have no horses in the XMR race (but I do hold some BBR), but let me say that independent of the OP -- and with a little less venom and swearing -- it was very clear from the code that the bytecoin premine was fake.  Nothing to do with the whitepaper, and you can find the obsfucated and slowed-down code in the git history of XMR and Bytecoin.

I have no comment about the other coins, and personally believe both that the XMR dev team is reasonably clean and that BBR was a good-faith effort to create something non-scammy, but I don't have a technical basis for that conclusion.

I don't want you to buy any coin (and I'd never advise anyone to put money on cryptocurrencies unless they want to gamble).  But I do believe it's worthwhile suggesting to people somewhat emphatically that they stay the heck away from BCN and tread carefully with some of the clones that just copy-pasted that code, as much as they should be careful with any alt that just copy-pastes the Bitcoin code and tweaks a few parameters.  Most are at best worthless and at worst outright scams.  The thing that adds potential value to a coin that's not actively used is its development, community (consider dogecoin as an example of the latter, and both BBR and XMR as examples of the former), and in some cases, its underlying technical innovations (cryptonote broadly speaking).

And before you fling accusations, I'm quite sure I'm not a sock puppet:  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/crypto/not_a_sock_puppet.html

That's enough for me.

The right razor to use here is not Hanlon's it is Occam's (though perhaps Hanlon's too with the stupidity of the fraud), and all the lies are causing Good Ol' Occam to lose his voice with how loudly he's shouting fraud here.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:50:54 AM

Personally, I believe that the project was created in 2012 in a rough minimum viable product, which simply did not take off.

Show me even a sliver of independently verifiable evidence.

That does not include web sites and onion sites that were first reported to exist in 2015, shortly before the release of a Bytecoin update.
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:05:02 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 02:19:05 AM by nachoig

This sounds like asking if is it fine to be scammed. Also, there are other undesirable consequences caused by the premine, including risks to privacy.

Claiming they aren't involved with Bytecoin creation is nonsense (also check the rest of my answer): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0;topicseen

It means a Java clone of Bytecoin was created (for what reason is unclear), packaged up (most iikely with fake file dates and old libraries), and a bunch of fake "coins" and websites claiming to be from 2012/2013 were put up to again provide fabricated support for the "two years in the deep web" claims.

Bytecoin (and/or "Cryptonote reference code" as it isn't really clear which came first if either) was implemented from scratch in mid-late 2013, and released with a premined blockchain in early 2014. The rest is fake.

By the way, this is the same time of the creation of the accounts of the main promoters/developers of Bytecoin/CryptoNote. The dates are in the format DD-MM-YYYY. Lately, they started to create other accounts, but this is not relevant for this moment.

Dstrange: 23-12-2013
Lamalicious: 23-12-2013
Rias: 31-10-2013
nopedope89: 28-01-2014
EndlessWin: 23-12-2013
Wanesst: 06-02-2014
danteT: 27-11-2013
abit2slo: 03-02-2014

These 4 are interesting for developing other CryptoNote currencies:
thankful_for_today (BitMonero): 30-01-2014
crypto_zoidberg (BoolBerry): 26-11-2013
OneEvil (OneEvilCoin): 11-11-2013
slb (Dashcoin): 01-02-2014
danteT

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:40:44 AM

danteT: 27-11-2013

whats wrong with that guy? Grin

he liked CryptoNote technology, than lots of fud, than lots of tears for him, kind of negative vibrations. i`ve always supported technology and always will. For me there is no matter what coin to use only technology matters. So, he liked CryptoNote technology, than lots of fud, than lots of tears for him, kind of negative vibrations.

Whats wrong with my account creation date? oh, no matter.

Any way i hope you hear me, I am not a bytecoin supporter  Shocked i am a Bitcoin enthusiast.

And again who i am? i am an observer  of technology, in case of our dialogue - CryptoNote technology. As i said i liked it much, than lots of fud, than tears.

Appealing to your
These 4 are interesting for developing other CryptoNote currencies:
thankful_for_today (BitMonero): 30-01-2014
crypto_zoidberg (BoolBerry): 26-11-2013
OneEvil (OneEvilCoin): 11-11-2013
slb (Dashcoin): 01-02-2014

Strange days, but what made you to create such a strange list? oh, no matter, again.

I agree with BBR, because developers are using different algo, but i, personally don`t like that idea.
I agree with BitMonero, because of lots of community members and some serious investor,  but i, personally don`t like that, because i feel insane bagholding there by  "investor".
I just disagree with OneEvilCoin
I just disagree with Dashcoin

I don`t get why you didn`t listed coins with absolute CryptoNote technology contribution? I am talking about any merged mining coin, like Fantom?

And of course i will speak for a DarkNote that was a duckNote. I know that I risk running into charges of "BCN promoter" from your side saying that, even promoting DarkNote, such a paranoid syndrome, but XDN devs made so many good things for CryptoNote. Not including DarkNote in your list is just unfair or has malice.
The only CN coin i have now is XDN, and you know why? i`ve seen the start and i see where this guys are going with their private messages and their idea of coin distribution. You may call it how you want to call it, but DarkNote is a fair coin in my understanding of fairness. And such an experiment they made, DarkNote have Proof-of-stake alike coins distribution with PoW mining. Nothing else to say.

P.S. Now i only have a small amount of DarkNote, because i want to use private messaging in future, not as investment. I am back in Bitcoin. Too many fud here and also there are many new blockchain based technologies to observe. please don`t judge me and don`t blame me more, i don`t want to participate in that fud discussion and i don`t want my good name to be used in such a lists! To  @smooth, my old friend, hello, and please, protect me   Cry
Rias

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:44:37 AM

I was just posting my comment on "what's exactly wrong with my reg date", but given that danteT has already asked it a minute ago, I'm afraid of you going completely conspiracy-insane. You're naming random people noticeable in CryptoNote community and showing their reg dates. This is not even close to a valid argument.

Personally, I believe that the project was created in 2012 in a rough minimum viable product, which simply did not take off.

Show me even a sliver of independently verifiable evidence.

That does not include web sites and onion sites that were first reported to exist in 2015, shortly before the release of a Bytecoin update.

Do the google, there are mentions from 2014.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:52:40 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 09:05:34 AM by smooth

please don`t judge me and don`t blame me more, i don`t want to participate in that fud discussion and i don`t want my good name to be used in such a lists! @smooth, my old friend, hello, and please, protect me   Cry

I had nothing to do with that list I'm not sure why you even mentioned me. And hello danteT. I would by lying if I said I did not have some fond memories of you and the rest of the group from first days of the Bytecoin 'mystery'.

@Rias: Sure there might be stuff around from 2014, or even possibly late 2013 when bytecoin was finished and launched. I see no independently verifiable evidence of anything from 2012.
nachoig

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:19:53 PM

Well, let's see... If CryptoNote was initially written in Java, at some point Bytecoin should have a Java wallet, just like Buddhacoin, because it claims to exist before the C++ implementation.

But there is something curious. The original Bytecoin webpage still exists and you can find it here: http://bytecoin.org/old/

I archived it now: https://archive.today/UoIeu

Considering the date launch of Bytecoin as July 4, 2012, and that webpage being a copy-paste of the original's Bytecoin .onion page, and existing in the Java form for at least 1 year, at some place the page should point to the Java wallet or at least to a transiction plan form Java to C++. As this is a very important and structural change, why isn't any announce on the middle of those "community news"? There's no fucking reference about this. And CryptoNote people refuses to reveal the Java source code. BTW, the first announce of a new version of Bytecoin only happens in 02/27/2014 05:50 , and just says "the problem has been found and fixed". Hahahahahaha. Also, the "community news" sounds very ironic, because at that time there weren't no way to contact anyone on the "community" except thorugh 2 private mails (no mailing list, no IRC, no forum). 2 inexistent mails, by the way, because the Bytecoin's website didn't existe before late 2013, it just had a picture of a college girl.

If this really would be a serious and respectful project with something to announce in July 4, 2012, you used this forum or the the same ML which Satoshi used to announce Bitcoin. Stop the excuses, these are getting more ridiculous in each try.

Strange days, but what made you to create such a strange list? oh, no matter, again.

The strange behavior behind these people. I just started to look through the posts and profiles from these people and noticed this.
Rias

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:23:52 AM

As this is a very important and structural change, why isn't any announce on the middle of those "community news"? There's no fucking reference about this.

You made check the page:

09/01/2013
One more changelog

04/29/2013
L00Rr is now officially out of the team.
The community decided to use his funds for a giveaway. More info in the newsletter.

03/01/2013
We have troubles with mail servers.
Weekly newsletters will not be sent for some time. Sorry for inconvenience.Check your team's emails for instructions. Be careful.

08/12/2012
Extranonce data.
Changelog -- extranonce field added.

I know that's not what you expect with such a large update, but it seems that the news had been spreading with this newsletter. As for the point, that bytecoin.org did not exist as a website in 2013, you contradict yourself. You already mentioned "original's Bytecoin .onion page". Clearly, there were no emails on bytecoin.org domain if the original website is .onion.
nachoig

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:51:29 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 02:14:01 AM by nachoig

As this is a very important and structural change, why isn't any announce on the middle of those "community news"? There's no fucking reference about this.

You made check the page:

09/01/2013
One more changelog

04/29/2013
L00Rr is now officially out of the team.
The community decided to use his funds for a giveaway. More info in the newsletter.

03/01/2013
We have troubles with mail servers.
Weekly newsletters will not be sent for some time. Sorry for inconvenience.Check your team's emails for instructions. Be careful.

08/12/2012
Extranonce data.
Changelog -- extranonce field added.

I know that's not what you expect with such a large update, but it seems that the news had been spreading with this newsletter. As for the point, that bytecoin.org did not exist as a website in 2013, you contradict yourself. You already mentioned "original's Bytecoin .onion page". Clearly, there were no emails on bytecoin.org domain if the original website is .onion.

B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t. BTW, I suggest to fabbricate some newsletters and leaking in some mysterious form later, who knows if this can bring more credibility. Only someone worried in create a fake legitimacy could suppose where these news were "hidden".

Anyway, the only reason why all this shitstorm is being speculated is because of Buddhacoin and Paladincoin. Two coins which no one explains where they did come from and focused more in things without no direct relationship with the CryptoNote technology, but someone just "discovered" accidentally just like it happened with Bytecoin in this forum, posted at Wikipedia and MapofCoins and opened a topic about it and Java wallets at CryptoNote forum in order to the CryptoNote devs "confirm" the existence of a Java version of CryptoNote and these coins as the first forks. I already understood this game. Now someone (oh, bad luck, it's me) can speculate about of a Java version of Bytecoin in order to help some not-so-well-intentioned-entity to prove the existence of that Java version and create this timeline.

2011-2012: Process of writing the source code of Bytecoin in Java
July 4, 2012: Launch of Bytecoin, in Java (your fault not knowing anything about this coin when we're mining, we were 2 years here already)
Late 2013: Rewrite of the Bytecoin's code (in the way as known today)
2014: Accidental discover of Bytecoin

Putting the intelligence of the people against themselves. Great idea. Game over.

About the mails, of course there were no mail contact. The mail contact indeed was just added later, when Bytecoin.org started to be used as the Bytecoin's main website. But the website was written in a way to think they were already for all that time where they claim they were. But even who thinks the story about 2 years at the deep web is true, distrust Bytecoin because of the 82% mined when it "submerged". The only exceptions are... ...well, you know where they are.  Wink
Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 12:28:43 PM

After some time I have updated and started Bytecoin Wallet and i mistyped my password... after this the wallet file and keys file is changed to ".back" now when i try to open again with my wallet name it says its missing.

When i try to use my wallet name.back it says check password but password is now correct.

When i try to remove the ".back" from wallet file and keys i get "future already retrieved"

Here is the log...

Code:
2015-Apr-09 10:53:23.383447 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 10:53:40.310415 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 10:53:40.442422 Error: failed to load wallet: The password is wrong
2015-Apr-09 10:53:40.447423 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 10:56:16.226333 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 10:56:31.439203 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 10:56:31.546209 Error: failed to load wallet: future already retrieved
2015-Apr-09 10:56:31.641214 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 10:58:13.450037 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 10:58:42.612706 Error: failed to load wallet: walletfile not found
2015-Apr-09 10:58:42.908722 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 10:58:55.566446 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 10:59:42.663140 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 10:59:42.801148 Error: failed to load wallet: future already retrieved
2015-Apr-09 10:59:42.866152 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 11:06:56.482953 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 11:07:04.847432 Error: failed to load wallet: walletfile not found
2015-Apr-09 11:07:04.851432 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 11:07:13.294915 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 11:07:20.247313 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 11:07:20.290315 Error: failed to load wallet: can't load walletfile, check password
2015-Apr-09 11:07:20.294315 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 11:07:27.335718 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 11:07:34.383121 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 11:07:34.428124 Error: failed to load wallet: can't load walletfile, check password
2015-Apr-09 11:07:34.432124 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 11:08:38.056763 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 11:08:54.663713 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 11:08:54.706715 Error: failed to load wallet: can't load walletfile, check password
2015-Apr-09 11:08:54.710716 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet
2015-Apr-09 11:09:10.057593 bytecoin wallet v1.0.3.387()
2015-Apr-09 11:09:16.359954 Loading wallet...
2015-Apr-09 11:09:16.503962 Error: failed to load wallet: future already retrieved
2015-Apr-09 11:09:16.507962 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1206 Failed to initialize wallet

Any help around this?

This is not a bug, but a new feature.
Simplewallet and Bytecoin Wallet run on the same IWallet interface. Therefore, wallet files they operate with are the same: .wallet file extension.
Both Wallets are able to import legacy .keys file. In this case they replicate the keys in the new .wallet format. Additionally, simplewallet backups the .keys file into a .back file. We didn't want to actually delete the keys file after it was converted into .wallet, but .back indicates that you don't need this legacy .keys file anymore.

However, there is a simplewallet usability issue. With the new release it doesn't add the ".wallet" extension to the file's end, which seems to cause confusion. We're preparing an update for this. It should be available by tomorrow.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 06:26:40 PM

This is not a bug, but a new feature.
Simplewallet and Bytecoin Wallet run on the same IWallet interface. Therefore, wallet files they operate with are the same: .wallet file extension.
Both Wallets are able to import legacy .keys file. In this case they replicate the keys in the new .wallet format. Additionally, simplewallet backups the .keys file into a .back file. We didn't want to actually delete the keys file after it was converted into .wallet, but .back indicates that you don't need this legacy .keys file anymore.

However, there is a simplewallet usability issue. With the new release it doesn't add the ".wallet" extension to the file's end, which seems to cause confusion. We're preparing an update for this. It should be available by tomorrow.

Bytecoin has been updated to fix the issue with lack of .wallet extension for simplewallet files.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:51:59 AM

New wallet is good for the future of BCN.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:28:40 AM

Sorry, you claimed to have downloaded the binaries, not the source code. I didn't look at the page as I don't have Tor here.
You don't need a Tor Browser to access TOR Hidden Services. You could use a Tor2Web-gateway like onion.cab or tor2web.org.

http://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.onion/ is e.g. avaible on clearnet under:

https://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.onion.cab/

https://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.tor2web.org/
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:58:33 AM

Sorry, you claimed to have downloaded the binaries, not the source code. I didn't look at the page as I don't have Tor here.
You don't need a Tor Browser to access TOR Hidden Services. You could use a Tor2Web-gateway like onion.cab or tor2web.org.

http://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.onion/ is e.g. avaible on clearnet under:

https://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.onion.cab/

https://xxvxqnbatbidn4tq.tor2web.org/

Obligatory disclamer : Note that this defeats TOR encryption and is thus useless for privacy.
somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:52:22 AM

total bytecoins 184 000 000 000 ?  and now already 171 950 398 069 ?
bytemuma

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:09:07 PM

Yes that's the true, you better buy it now until is cheap.

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:24:50 PM

Yes that's the true, you better buy it now until is cheap.

It could get even cheaper.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: