Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
doucie1

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:48:41 PM

As I was saying, we will be publicly posting our news release after the representative from Grant Thornton reviews what we have sent him (today) and agrees that the information is accurate. It looks like their willingness to talk to us is part of a larger strategy that is mentioned in the following article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptopia-exchange-liquidator-asks-its-devs-how-to-reimburse-users

The fact that we have opened a communication channel with the liquidators is simply a tactic of good business sense. We are doing everything we can to protect our investors and if we can help shed some light on others in the crypto world, who may be in the dark regarding the Cryptopia situation, we are happy to do so. Over 800,000 people are affected by this hack and more than 21% of our XBY supply is involved. Helping to keep 800,000 people informed is an honor that we are happy to assist with and keeping everyone aligned, rather than scattered is much better for the crypto community at large.

That article explicitly states that Grant Thornton intends to speak with the developers from Cryptopia. It blatantly says ‘platform’sdevelopers’...

Perhaps you misread their announcement when you decided to make your fake claim.

Cameron, enough of your nonsense and don't ever ask again why we just delete your comments.

Within the article, there is a "leaked email" from Grant Thornton that states they have a desire to work with the development community. That would include such communities such as XBY, and/or others affected by this. Seems perfectly clear and backs up CCR's claim.

I agree with Xtroleum - seems pretty clear to me that "desirable to develop a collaborative relationship with the developer community." means the 470 members and not just the Cryptopia devs.

But I guess we'll know either way in a matter of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtroleum

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:27:46 PM

As I was saying, we will be publicly posting our news release after the representative from Grant Thornton reviews what we have sent him (today) and agrees that the information is accurate. It looks like their willingness to talk to us is part of a larger strategy that is mentioned in the following article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptopia-exchange-liquidator-asks-its-devs-how-to-reimburse-users

The fact that we have opened a communication channel with the liquidators is simply a tactic of good business sense. We are doing everything we can to protect our investors and if we can help shed some light on others in the crypto world, who may be in the dark regarding the Cryptopia situation, we are happy to do so. Over 800,000 people are affected by this hack and more than 21% of our XBY supply is involved. Helping to keep 800,000 people informed is an honor that we are happy to assist with and keeping everyone aligned, rather than scattered is much better for the crypto community at large.

That article explicitly states that Grant Thornton intends to speak with the developers from Cryptopia. It blatantly says ‘platform’sdevelopers’...

Perhaps you misread their announcement when you decided to make your fake claim.

Cameron, enough of your nonsense and don't ever ask again why we just delete your comments.

Within the article, there is a "leaked email" from Grant Thornton that states they have a desire to work with the development community. That would include such communities such as XBY, and/or others affected by this. Seems perfectly clear and backs up CCR's claim.

I agree with Xtroleum - seems pretty clear to me that "desirable to develop a collaborative relationship with the developer community." means the 470 members and not just the Cryptopia devs.

But I guess we'll know either way in a matter of time.

Here's the hyperlink within that article - I'll type it out as well, so that there's a clear understanding of what Grant is discussing via that email.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFQ5W2hUEAEyDs-?format=png&name=large

----------------
Contact from Grant Thornton re: Cryptopia liquidation
Liquidation
<Data Redacted>

Hi There,

As you are aware Grant Thornton have been engaged to conduct the liquidation of Cryptopia. As part of this process a number of developers of the coins/tokens previously supported by Cryptopia have been in contact with Grant Thornton to discuss various options for the future treatment of their respective coins/tokens.

Given the scale, complexity and unique nature of the Cryptopia situation it is desirable to develop a collaborative relationship with the developer community. We hold the view that engagement with the developer community in a meaningful, productive and efficient manner to address the issues raised with result in a far more positive outcome for all parties. To that end we would like to invite you to attend a webinar/skype session at 9am October 7th (NZ time) where we can discuss the current situation, outline our intent and plan and provide the opportunity for Q&A.

To summarize the key takeaways for this session are:

1.   Provide an introduction to Grant Thornton and understanding of the liquidation process. Including an overview of the process and desired outcomes.

2.   An opportunity for Grant Thornton to understand any issues or concerns the Developer currently have.

3.   Develop a platform and opportunity for future collaboration in working with Grant Thornton to ensure the best outcome for Cryptopia customers, developers and the broader crypto community.

If you would like to participate in this kick off session please let us know and I will send the appropriate invite. If you are unable to make this session then please feel free to reach out to me and we can discuss the plans directly.

For confirmation reason, if you note the name of the coin you’re representing in your reply, that work be great.

We believe engagement is a vital element to the overall success of the liquidation and positive message for the crypto community at large. I really hope you can join us and I look forward to our conversation.

Kind regards.
<Data Redacted>
Jimminy321

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 04:43:57 PM

I had about 45k XBY on topia. Pretty much wrote it off.
Neloc75

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 08:32:34 PM

I had about 45k XBY on topia. Pretty much wrote it off.

Around 68k left on there for me, but I'm more interested in observing this project...a bit hard to explain but, perhaps to see where it goes as an "experiment" of sorts? I'm interested in seeing what keeps peoples "faith" in this project going. Like the patent pending of almost 2 years, it interests me to see what people generally believe about it (and why) and to see "how long" people are willing to hold out for it. I'm still looking for a positive outcome, but overall, I've been invested in alot of other projects as well, but I wouldn't say this project is my main investment. At least not anymore

I still follow the rule of "if you're constantly worried about the outcome of a project, then you're overinvested". As long as you throw what you can afford to lose at this project, then if it dies / fails then you won't lose much and if it becomes successful then you can smile and be happy about it
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 02:16:34 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2019, 02:51:29 PM by XTRABYTES

The actual location of CoinExchange is not known. When they announced a plan to stop trading on the 15th there is no time zone mentioned. Please be careful with your CoinExchange commitments. It is the 15th in some parts of the world.
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 04:05:36 PM

Hello,

Any volunteers who showed up for doing the ambassador thing?
Neloc75

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:01:26 PM

Hello,

nope it was cancelled due to lack of interest / participation
Ganjamouse

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 06:58:48 AM

Hello,

For real?
Ganjamouse

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:03:35 AM

Hello,

For real?

lol - why are you pretending like you don't all know this anyway.

How would I know? Just saw the empty post on reddit so was wondering what the conclusion of it was. You don't need to bark at everything that isn't pro-xby.
Btw I'm surprised you didn't go for it?
Neloc75

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 10:24:01 AM

Hello,

For real?

How would I know? Just saw the empty post on reddit so was wondering what the conclusion of it was. You don't need to bark at everything that isn't pro-xby.

"MarcusRG: Due to the lack of participation, we have decided to postpone the selection of the Community Ambassadors. While we appreciate those who have submitted a nomination, we believe it's best to reopen the nominations at a later time once more individuals are interested in taking on that role. Thus, we will not be announcing a Community Ambassador today nor will be provide Part 2 of the Community Update.

We’re sorry to disappoint those who eagerly anticipated today’s announcement."

It was actually posted on the Xtrabytes discord by MarcusRG (that's how I found out). To find the message you need to search in the "XBY-Talk" portion of the discord
Ganjamouse

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:30:56 PM

Hello,

For real?

"MarcusRG: Due to the lack of participation, we have decided to postpone the selection of the Community Ambassadors. While we appreciate those who have submitted a nomination, we believe it's best to reopen the nominations at a later time once more individuals are interested in taking on that role. Thus, we will not be announcing a Community Ambassador today nor will be provide Part 2 of the Community Update.

We’re sorry to disappoint those who eagerly anticipated today’s announcement."

It was actually posted on the Xtrabytes discord by MarcusRG (that's how I found out). To find the message you need to search in the "XBY-Talk" portion of the discord

So there was supposed to be an announcement, but because there was a lack of participation there's no announcement? Like a punishment? Not sure I get it right
KeeperOfCoins

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 07:14:06 PM

Part 2 of the Community Update is build on the Community Ambassador selections. Due to the lack of participation, we had to postpone the selections and thus Part 2 of the Community Update.
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 08:52:37 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2019, 12:23:29 AM by XTRABYTES

Development update October 15th 2019

1) Waves webclient
Waves recently updated some of its gateways and the backend for their own webclient. Since our webclient is connected to this backend we started experiencing issues with our webclient. Our developers made the necessary changes to our webclient so it can communicate properly with the updated Waves backend. This new webclient is currently being tested to make sure our changes can deal with the updated backend. When these tests are over we will make the new webclient available for the community.

2) XCITE Desktop
As many of you probably noticed in our public Github repo, we have started with the new version of our desktop client for XCITE, this update includes the switch to the new backend code we created for XCITE that is already used for our mobile client. The user interface of the desktop client will also get an overhaul to be more in line with the mobile client. The goal of this update is to provide all the functionalities we already have with our mobile client in the new desktop client. These functionalities include active wallets for XBY, XFUEL and Testnet and passive wallets for BTC and ETH.

3) XCITE Mobile
Our mobile XCITE client has been in testing for a couple of months. Thanks to the help of the many testers we have been able to weed out most of the bugs in the mobile client. We are still working on perfecting this client because with the new requirements from both Apple and Google for mobile applications we had to update some of our code to comply with their base requirements

4) X-CHAT
We have taken the first steps of creating the network based backend required for X-CHAT. The goal of this backend is to have multiple nodes where users can connect to so they can send messages across the network. Unlike centralized messaging applications, X-CHAT is not governed by a central entity. We created a simple messaging client to interact with this decentralized network that allows us to send messages to other people connected to the network. We are proud to say that we have completed our first test with this decentralized messaging application successfully. We have set up several nodes across the globe that work together to govern the message application and we succeeded to send messages to each other while we were all connected to different nodes. This is a huge step forward in the development of what will become X-CHAT. The next goal is to integrate this messaging client into XCITE so we can test our basic decentralized network on a larger scale.

5) Team portal
Our developers have been working on a team portal that will make it much easier to manage our decentralized team, it will help us track the various tasks that are assigned to the different team members, it will allow our team members to keep track of the hours they contribute to the project and it will allow us the automate our payouts to the team members. While this might not be of much use for the community, this will help the team work more efficiently and also proves the skills our developers have since this was built from scratch to fit our specific needs"
Ganjamouse

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:42:43 AM

Development update October 15th 2019

1) Waves webclient
Waves recently updated some of its gateways and the backend for their own webclient. Since our webclient is connected to this backend we started experiencing issues with our webclient. Our developers made the necessary changes to our webclient so it can communicate properly with the updated Waves backend. This new webclient is currently being tested to make sure our changes can deal with the updated backend. When these tests are over we will make the new webclient available for the community.

2) XCITE Desktop
As many of you probably noticed in our public Github repo, we have started with the new version of our desktop client for XCITE, this update includes the switch to the new backend code we created for XCITE that is already used for our mobile client. The user interface of the desktop client will also get an overhaul to be more in line with the mobile client. The goal of this update is to provide all the functionalities we already have with our mobile client in the new desktop client. These functionalities include active wallets for XBY, XFUEL and Testnet and passive wallets for BTC and ETH.

3) XCITE Mobile
Our mobile XCITE client has been in testing for a couple of months. Thanks to the help of the many testers we have been able to weed out most of the bugs in the mobile client. We are still working on perfecting this client because with the new requirements from both Apple and Google for mobile applications we had to update some of our code to comply with their base requirements

4) X-CHAT
We have taken the first steps of creating the network based backend required for X-CHAT. The goal of this backend is to have multiple nodes where users can connect to so they can send messages across the network. Unlike centralized messaging applications, X-CHAT is not governed by a central entity. We created a simple messaging client to interact with this decentralized network that allows us to send messages to other people connected to the network. We are proud to say that we have completed our first test with this decentralized messaging application successfully. We have set up several nodes across the globe that work together to govern the message application and we succeeded to send messages to each other while we were all connected to different nodes. This is a huge step forward in the development of what will become X-CHAT. The next goal is to integrate this messaging client into XCITE so we can test our basic decentralized network on a larger scale.

5) Team portal
Our developers have been working on a team portal that will make it much easier to manage our decentralized team, it will help us track the various tasks that are assigned to the different team members, it will allow our team members to keep track of the hours they contribute to the project and it will allow us the automate our payouts to the team members. While this might not be of much use for the community, this will help the team work more efficiently and also proves the skills our developers have since this was built from scratch to fit our specific needs"

So still nothing tangible, which doesn't really surprise me at this point.
However, I'd like to point out that the team portal where there's transparency towards what teammembers are working on and how long, etc, fits in borz' original view of XFUEL so that's a good point IMO. However, I guess this is only something accessible for teammembers ? Or only for Dave and Zoltan?
Neloc75

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 09:10:50 PM

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/XBY/BTC

Xtrabytes Market is frozen now and we still need patents for a new exchange and next month will be 23 months in the patent saga
Ganjamouse

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 07:25:00 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2019, 08:56:03 AM by Ganjamouse

Question regarding the new announcement for Finance and HR recruits.

How does a "quiet investor and supporter" that nobody ever heard of get to sign the NDA so fast, while the direction was rather paranoid about signing NDA's during more than a year?

And after a quick look on the xby site, how is it possible that you guys still need moderators ? Is there that much to moderate and don't you have enough with 2 moderators, 1 chief of moderation, 1 community initiatives manager, 1 social network manager and 2 social media specialists ?

Just being curious

Also,seeing CCR is writing articles now, with written in his profile description "specialized in content creation and communications" I'm wondering why you guys needed John Potter back in the days to write articles ? Why isn't he writing articles anymore for XBY?

Another question: John Potter writes: "As Copy Manager for XTRABYTES Ltd., I work with a highly collaborative marketing team determined to achieve success." and seeing CCR is "original marketing director" , who is the rest of the marketing team and what is being done?

Thank you for clarifications
Neloc75

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 02:53:04 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2019, 03:06:24 PM by Neloc75

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/junkcoin/

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xtrabytes/

Xtrabytes needs a CEX exchange for CMC volume or it will have an updated page similar to Junkcoin and other projects. When a project doesn't have an active CEX for a certain period of time, it gets replaced with a "dead project page" similar to the one in the top link. Unfortunately waves volume isn't usually included in CMC calculations so without the patents and / or a new CEX, visibility will lower considerably for this project as well

When a project gets a "dead project page" (i.e the top link), it loses its rank so no one will be able to see it on CMC except through direct linking, so if we want to attract new people to this project then it is very important.

Edit to clarify : When a project gets a "dead project page" it loses its rank in CMC (i.e there's no rank for junkcoin but XBY still has a rank), once that happens no one will be able to search for it on CMC. It is very important to get patents before that happens or once its delisted from CMC, this project will lose visibility.

Here's some other projects that interested me in the past that were delisted from CMC (won't show up in ranking and can't be searched, ill post search results for it to to demonstrate)

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/alphabitcoinfund/
Search Result : https://coinmarketcap.com/search/?q=alphabit

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nullex/
Search Result : https://coinmarketcap.com/search/?q=nullex

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/boomcoin/
Search Result : https://coinmarketcap.com/search/?q=boomcoin

This is why its important for the patents and to get on a CEX that isn't Waves, or this project will be delisted soon
doucie1

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 03:49:17 PM

The Waves volume (if sufficiently high) will show on cmc

https://waves.xtrabytes.global
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 02:57:54 PM

I don't think there's any reason to be OCD about C-Patex and say bad things about them on the website.  You have to support small exchanges these days that hold your coin.  I am a supporter, not a FUD but be grateful your there.  If you can do better, do it.

From another post:  "All the great higher percentage staking coins have each found exchanges to be on after the demise of Cryptopia, Coinexchange, Novaexchange and Tradesatoshi.   CompoundCoin, VersionCoin, TruckCoin, InflationCoin, Bottlecaps, Stackbit, InflationCoin, BitcoinTalkCoin, Stackbit, etc."

CCRevolution

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 07:52:04 PM

I don't think there's any reason to be OCD about C-Patex and say bad things about them on the website.  You have to support small exchanges these days that hold your coin.  I am a supporter, not a FUD but be grateful your there.  If you can do better, do it.

From another post:  "All the great higher percentage staking coins have each found exchanges to be on after the demise of Cryptopia, Coinexchange, Novaexchange and Tradesatoshi.   CompoundCoin, VersionCoin, TruckCoin, InflationCoin, Bottlecaps, Stackbit, InflationCoin, BitcoinTalkCoin, Stackbit, etc."

Thank you for posting your opinion on this matter. We, however, have a responsibility to our community and we need to ensure that we provide them with a safe trading experience. We cannot endorse exchanges that list us without our knowledge and without providing any information that would allow us to asses the safety of their trading platform.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: