Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:38:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
XBYGolden

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 07:32:16 PM

The creator wallet (account in waves terminology), our beloved 3PCfwK2hgYjoKwsgRg7wgBSYF3EXSgXyXfn, is also not scripted. I would recommend adding a RIDE script to disallow exchangeTransaction for the wallet. That would make the acount and the wXBY token more trustworthy to me. (see https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/ride/structures/transaction-structures/exchange-transaction.html)
All other operations are still valid but you lock exchange trading. You can add a script to a wallet / account after creation as long as you have the private key / seed phrase.

Cheerio lads!

If you can add the RIDE script after the creation, doesn't that also mean you can remove it? How does this make it more trustworthy. If the owner of that wallet is planning to do bad things with it he can just remove the script and do the bad things he intended to do.

Thanks for the examples golden!
And the gateway wallet is exclusively used for the transfer in- and out of waves, right?

I don't see any other use for this wallet that the transactions coming in and out of the gateway. How could you possible maintain a reliable gateway that will always have sufficient funds for people to withdraw if you would use that address for any other purposes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCracy2020

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 08:20:04 PM

If you can add the RIDE script after the creation, doesn't that also mean you can remove it? How does this make it more trustworthy. If the owner of that wallet is planning to do bad things with it he can just remove the script and do the bad things he intended to do.

You can disable a lot of transactiontypes. Updating the account script can be disabled through a smart contract. After that the contract will be on the chain forever in that state, like on ethereum, and it would be smart to put a kill function in the contract. So be careful what you do.
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:00:21 PM

The XBY wallet on waves is a smart wallet correct?

There is no XBY wallet on WAVES, there is an wXBY token on WAVES which is a smart asset. As you can read in my previous explanation, the XBY sent to the WAVES exchange is sent to the gateway which is responsible for "crediting" your WAVES account with the correct amount of wXBY, the "twin token" for XBY you can use on WAVES to execute trades on their DEX.

So the wXBY is absolutely not a smart token since there's no script. Is that correct?
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 07:48:42 AM

Correct it isn't and doesn't need to be.

[edit]Just to balance this out: The gateway is working, so you dont need the asset to be smart anyways ;-). [/edit]

You have no idea what you're talking about and neither do I, that's why I was asking Golden, but seeing how he gives false responses I'm dubitative now.
The fact that no script is added to make wXBY a smart asset is that it would be just as easy to circumvent this to do malicious things with the XBY on waves if I understand Golden's reply. That's not the most reassuring argument I heard so far.
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2019, 02:14:24 PM

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/technology/decentralization-as-a-means-for-innovation/
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 02:43:31 PM

Your post actually doesn't add any value to be fair. I am waiting on a comment from Golden to see if he was mistaken about xXBY being "smart" or if there's an explanation here.
We get it, you'll always be there to attack anyone who says negative things about your dreamproject, but perhaps you should let the team answer from time to time.
Cameron0208

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 11:54:44 PM

What is this... Blog post # 8103 or 8104? I seem to have lost count...

Don’t worry. Haven’t lost track of the number of products released. That one’s easy to remember - 0.

Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 07:37:06 AM

I'm still intrigued as to how people still get attracted by the "decentralized" argument while we're talking about a patent, for a registered company with owners, CEO etc lol.
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 07:55:05 AM

Censorship is real on the Discord. Perhaps te management team should be looking into other reasons that scare investors away, because I'm sure as hell it is not the community.
Perhaps the lack of anything tangible? Or the fact that everything negative gets deleted and hidden? Maybe it's because the volume is ridiculous? Or that the patent pending status has been unbelievably long?

If not maybe people rather buy some physical newspaper rather than investing into XBY just to be able to read blogposts about crypto and other projects and about how XBY will be in XXX years when it will be patented.

I highly doubt it's the community that keeps new investors away.
Neloc75

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 12:08:17 PM

Censorship is real on the Discord. Perhaps te management team should be looking into other reasons that scare investors away, because I'm sure as hell it is not the community.
Perhaps the lack of anything tangible? Or the fact that everything negative gets deleted and hidden? Maybe it's because the volume is ridiculous? Or that the patent pending status has been unbelievably long?

If not maybe people rather buy some physical newspaper rather than investing into XBY just to be able to read blogposts about crypto and other projects and about how XBY will be in XXX years when it will be patented.

I highly doubt it's the community that keeps new investors away.

@Ganja I agree and the post from Marcus yesterday doesn't help either. Most people just want to see the tech demonstrated rather than hear "hi! this is great! you should invest!" and considering nothing related to the zoltchain will be publicly released until this project submits patents, I don't see any real value in maintaining an investment in this. Things that are still noteworthy issues with this project would be the fact that it's still delisted from CMC, Still has virtually zero volume (demonstrates lack of overall interest in this project from the wider crypto community) and we're still waiting for the patents to be submitted after 24 months. A major issue that would concern me would be the issue of how this project will also restore investor confidence even after patent pending since this project still has a pretty negative reputation in the crypto community.

https://i.imgur.com/h6lMhEe.png

https://i.imgur.com/DD5BmMH.png

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xtrabytes/ (Delisted from CMC)

https://ibb.co/8KRs28W (Patent Saga was at 19 months in July, so december will be 24 months)

@Neloc75 any news about the patents will be part of an official team announcement. No individual questions regarding the progress are answered.

@CCR I see and I appreciate the response. On december 5th, the patent saga will officially be 2 years old. Alot of the team members might not want to hear it but most people just want the patents to be finished so they can see how the tech stacks up with current tech. I hate to say it but even after patents, people may not invest in this without a hook of some sorts that makes them feel comfortable investing after such a considerable period of time. Have you and the team given thought to that scenario and how you guys will attempt to attract old (who lost faith)and new members to this project?

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________

I actually posted this earlier this month and I still feel this applies as well.

You are a troll though to be fair...sorry. When you ask personal questions about whether Dave's girlfriend is working on the project I'm not surprised they don't answer. That is nobody's business and has no bearing on the project. Quite why someone who buys a few hundreds dollars worth of a token feels they have the right to get those kind of questions answered is beyond me. Do you ask similar questions of the manager of other business that you use?

Maybe stick to less 'loaded' questions to get a response???

Well my question was asked before I heard about this "Dave's girlfriend" story. So the real interest was in knowing how did she just appear out of nowhere and got to sign the NDA while during so long the NDA was taboo ... It's not a personnal question and I didn't know the answer was personnal. IMO this is still not a reason to ignore the question and delete the posts afterwards ...

And honestly you can not compare this to any real business because in a real business you get to see that people are actually working, with something tangible.
To take this example of "Dave's girlfriend", she appears out of nowhere, get to sign the NDA and who knows how many XFUEL she's being paid and what she actually does ?

If you look at things in a dark way, what tells me that the Exhange Manager is not Dave's brother, that Golden is not Dave's cousin etc and that they all pretend they are doing something (we don't have proof of anything) and they are just accumulating free money (XFUEL) ...

No idea, that sounds like its more conspiracy than anything. My concern would be the fact that we still don't have patents, we've been delisted from CMC, hardly zero investor confidence, how well this "legendary tech" stacks up to current tech, etc. At this point it's been 2 years, you can always just buy a small amount and then forget about this project. But my personal expectations are pretty low for 2020 and beyond. Even if they had the best tech in the world but refused to show it, this space is always evolving. Somebody will create a project that does what this does but better probably.

I.e Heshera is getting dapps and already has confirmed 80k TPS, flash has 25k TPS, QRL is working on Quantum resistance, Futurepia has DDPoS and has 300k TPS, and there are so many more projects that are doing what this project has done but more. Next month will be 24 months and no PP. At this point you just shouldn't be overextended in this project, and you need to ask yourself "Will I be waiting for Patent Pending next year?", and let's say this project gets Patent Pending, what if the volume remains low and the lack of investor confidence takes hold? On /r CC this project has a really bad reputation and in alot of different crypto communities. Some of the toxic people that hang around this project doesn't exactly make me (and im sure alot of others) want to invest in this and there are so many other issues besides the team itself.

But all in all, just don't invest more than you can afford to lose, and at that point it's better to just forget about this project for a while and invest in other projects (if its for the money). There's nothing wrong with questioning your investment and it doesn't make you a troll, but yeah I wouldn't invest anymore in this project the way it is now, and that's just my honest opinion.

Edit : Yikes his post was deleted again. You can delete mine if you want, im too lazy to repost but at least try and answer ganja's questions, its too late in this project for censorship lol
https://ibb.co/KV35Kzy
Neloc75

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 02:20:57 PM

Sorry I have no interest in responding to your messages DJC or any of your alts so I have you perm ignored (Whenever you respond I only see "This user is currently ignored"). But i'll assume that you said something along the lines of the usual so i'll leave this message to you. You're in your 40s and you live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Go out and enjoy life Smiley

https://ibb.co/6bDDxVN

Fun Fact : Me and a couple of friends were playing indie games yesterday, it was really fun hanging out with them and spending time together. It reminded us of the old genesis style graphics games.

Edit : While im making a second post I would also like to say this message @Marcus

https://ibb.co/R66jm8y

https://ibb.co/pWcfKy1 (another person got muted)

There's been considerable backlash from the community related to the new policy and some from old supporters such as pokerman. You should consider rethinking your policy about that level of censorship. If this is a community project then it's important to be able to let your community be expressive. If you take this current path you may scare away the few supporters that this project has left.

Anyways, I hope this project is a success in the future and you guys become successful!
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:06:42 PM

@Neloc75

Well none of that will be needed no marketing or anything its just going to be such amazing tech that it will explode into existence all on its own without any help You , Me and lots of other people are just to stupid to understand how Magic works !

They will wave magic wand around mumble something like "Hexxus pokkiemus" and  short skirted big boobed assitent will say "Tadaaa" the Billions will just come Rolling in.

The Blog post just reads like any other crypto without having the tech reviewed it means Nothing to me.

2 months since the end of September .. not a single word about PP and the standard line is now "we dont comment on PP wait for the Announcement." 2 months and they have allready been going back and forth for years.

Im not selling my XBY because there is no market to sell it 2 and at the current price its not worth it , But im sure as hell not buying anymore and apperantly neither are any of the "true" believers in here or team members because there is No volume.

If people really believed as much as they claim then they should be buying they are Not so that is very concerning to say the least .

The saying goes "Put your money where your mouth is" and they are not doing it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:59:22 PM

The team are giving something much more valuable than money - time. Let's not forget that most of them have other jobs as well as families. They are building this in their spare time and yes I know they get Xfuel as payment but that isn't much is it. And, like I say time is much more valuable than money.

And back to deleting posts. How can you say being paid in XFUEL isn't much? If you convert it to $$ it's supposed to remaoin approximately the same. So being paid in XFUEL right now is amazing for people who really believe in the tech since the price will probably x100 and you earn a lot more XFUEL at this price.
What a ridiculous argument.
CCRevolution

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 03:41:42 PM

The team are giving something much more valuable than money - time. Let's not forget that most of them have other jobs as well as families. They are building this in their spare time and yes I know they get Xfuel as payment but that isn't much is it. And, like I say time is much more valuable than money.

And back to deleting posts. How can you say being paid in XFUEL isn't much? If you convert it to $$ it's supposed to remaoin approximately the same. So being paid in XFUEL right now is amazing for people who really believe in the tech since the price will probably x100 and you earn a lot more XFUEL at this price.

Excuse me while I pin this...
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 04:03:51 PM

10.000.000 XFUEL / month. You think the amount of XFUEL they get doesn't depend on the price of XFUEL?
The team is 100% believer of the technology and they keep repeating to us how XBY will revolutionize the cryptosphere and will be N°1 crypto.
This means the team expects at least a x100 on the price of XFUEL. So yes, right now they're paid shit but that's because XFUEL is low because they have nothing to show for.
But that shouldn't be a problem since as you say they have other jobs to earn money, and an investment like XFUEL is amazing for teammembers who hardcorly believe in the tech. Nothing to complain about here.

And honestly, if time is more worth than money, what's up with the 2 years of nothing on XBY's end?
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 04:05:17 PM

Excuse me while I pin this...

Aren't you paying moderators to do that? Isn't there anything more important that you would work on? Obviously I would love to know what your business day looks like. Perhaps you could pin this too and answer to the post.
Ganjamouse

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 04:17:51 PM

You know I thought you were a troll but clearly you are just a simpleton.

Why's that?
People are paid in XFUEL and the lower the price of XFUEL, the more XFUEL they get. So if you believe in it, it's nice to collect more XFUEL.
Bad logic? Enlighten me. And at least you know I'm not a troll. Took you long enough.
CCRevolution

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 07:01:25 PM

10.000.000 XFUEL / month. You think the amount of XFUEL they get doesn't depend on the price of XFUEL?
The team is 100% believer of the technology and they keep repeating to us how XBY will revolutionize the cryptosphere and will be N°1 crypto.
This means the team expects at least a x100 on the price of XFUEL. So yes, right now they're paid shit but that's because XFUEL is low because they have nothing to show for.
But that shouldn't be a problem since as you say they have other jobs to earn money, and an investment like XFUEL is amazing for teammembers who hardcorly believe in the tech. Nothing to complain about here.

And honestly, if time is more worth than money, what's up with the 2 years of nothing on XBY's end?

I digress...
Cameron0208

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:35:06 AM

That is "total time logged in" Cameron. The key word being TOTAL.

I'll do a very simple example for you Cameron, so that you can understand.

Monday: Logged in from 10.00am to 10.05am. This would be 5 minutes. (10 am is when the big hand is pointing to the 12 and the little hand is pointing to the 10 on your watch. I hope you understand Cameron)
Tuesday: Logged in from 11.00am to 11.15am. This would be 15 minutes.

So if you add together 5 minutes and 15 minutes (Cameron, you can use your calculator if you need to) you get 20 minutes.

Therefore - Total time logged in is 20 minutes. I hope this makes sense Cameron.

For those that are interested in development, lots of commits in the GitHub this month. For example:

https://github.com/XTRABYTES/XCITE/commit/25fd239e0b4046766e40834a2b57982bd712fcc4

https://github.com/XTRABYTES/XCITE/commit/2c36b6d72af6134b2e6dce9fa1831730173c7eca

Full list here:

https://github.com/XTRABYTES/XCITE/tree/XCITE-Desktop

I appreciate the clarification. I misunderstood.

That being said, I stay logged in to Bitcointalk. I did not attempt to avoid you like you are suggesting. The reason is real simple. Aside from the fact that I don’t sit on here all day long and play BitcoinTalk/XBY post monitor like you clearly do (despite definitely not being on the team), fact of the matter is, I could not care less about anything you have to say DJC. I would rather listen to Helen Keller do color commentary for a synchronized swimming competition or have my eyes and ears gnawed away by giant rats than listen to anything you have to say.

I read whatever is here, make my post, leave, and that’s that. I am not posting here to discuss things with you - that ship sailed a long time ago.
Cameron0208

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:37:53 AM

You know I thought you were a troll but clearly you are just a simpleton.

The person who believes in a project despite absolutely no proof of them having any tech and/or product - anything whatsoever - wants to call someone else a simpleton...oh, the irony.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: