Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO]-Crypto Stamps- Collectable Blockchain postage stamps  (Read 30640 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 04:50:16 PM

500 pieces were sold through the Austria post on-line shop for €500 each (sold out within the first 30 minutes).

The rest 499 are being given away through various competitions. Currently, running competitions are (might be more, but I am only aware of those):

1) scan QR codes in different physical post office locations in Austria, and fill a competition form. 2) Weekly draws, based on the online digital token "collections" (you have to check every week your digital stamp collection, and redeem the "golden unicorn" within that week period, in case you won one).

Yes, I won one in the onchain raffle. I randomly checked my collection a few weeks ago after reading this thread, and WOW, I had one sitting there waiting. I filled it out and what not, but nothing yet from the post. On the other onchain stamps I redeemed, they send me "Invoices" showing the amounts and card types, and the first one I got told me I had to wire them 99 EUR ... I was like, what? So @Jcga informed me it was an error, and now the invoices come with a big X over the part that says to send them the $.... This is such a yearly clusterfuck, I think I'm out this time. With ALL of the problems these 2.0 stamps have had, it's hard to say/see what next year/3.0 will look like.  Huh

I wonder how many people missed the unicorns in their collections and lost out.... And what happened to them if not redeemed? So many questions  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 06:43:25 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2020, 08:09:43 PM by MoparMiningLLC

I wonder how many people missed the unicorns in their collections and lost out.... And what happened to them if not redeemed? So many questions  Roll Eyes

I just created a collection cost $12 - tried to add the first stamp and its nearly $9 to add each one. This will be super expensive....

that said, if I go to https://crypto.post.at/wallet/<enter wallet address for stamp>

and click the button the side (no idea what it says)

it pops up a message: The golden unicorn was not found here

I am not sure but I wonder if this is a way to check to see if the physicals have a unicorn assigned? without having to pay the fees to add to a collection? I have almost 30 stamps - it would cost me over 200 USD to add them all and that is kind of crazy - or am I wrong and that should be expected?

edit - for the 16 that I am keeping (one of each animal for colors black, blue, yellow and green) it would cost .432157 eth to add them to my collection.

as I am not scanning the other 12 I have (4 have yet to arrive) I would assume the average cost to be about the same so would be an additional .324118 or basically .75 eth to add them all to my collection. Note the 12 that are extra will not be scanned to any collection if I ever do decide to scan the 16 others to a collection.

2nd edit - one of my Panda's has a 12 digit pass phrase where one of the words is 'satoshi'

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
taciturn

Activity: 56
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:00:54 AM

I just created a collection cost $12 - tried to add the first stamp and its nearly $9 to add each one. This will be super expensive....

that said, if I go to https://crypto.post.at/wallet/<enter wallet address for stamp>

I am not sure but I wonder if this is a way to check to see if the physicals have a unicorn assigned? without having to pay the fees to add to a collection? I have almost 30 stamps - it would cost me over 200 USD to add them all and that is kind of crazy - or am I wrong and that should be expected?

You misunderstood how the crypto stamp golden unicorn (CSGU) onchain raffle works. The criteria are: you need a digital collection and at least one crypto stamp in it. That's so far the minimum. Every Thursday after midnight (CET), sometimes later, the system will randomly select collections for a CSGU. You need to connect your wallet with the Austrian crypto stamp site and check your collection. If you win, you can't miss the huge full page win message. You need to claim it before the next Wednesday by filling out the address data and signing the transaction (free). Transaction is set with 100 gwei, so if ETH network has higher gas price it can take few days for the smart contract to fulfill the transaction. As long at least pending transaction or better successful transaction, everything is fine. If you see the won CSGU in your collection, then you will get the physical CSGU counterpart. This raffle will end on the 5th of October 2020.

As you already know total mintage of the CSGU is 999 (500 physical sale Onlineshop, 299 Onchain Raffle, 200 physical Raffle). So far 154 of 299 Onchain Raffle CSGU have been distributed and about 25-30 of 200 of physical Raffle CSGU have been sent to winners. Another 100 of physical Raffle CSGU reserved for the scavenger hunt game (until 21st of September 2020).
Differences between Onchain Raffle (ID 0-298, marked outside with 390000-390298, rectangle packaging), Onlineshop (Physical Sale ID 499-998, square packaging) and physical Raffle CSGU (ID 299-498, marked outside with 390299-390498, rectangle packaging): Onlineshop and physical Raffle CSGU still have the NFT in their original physical counterpart wallet, whereas for the Onchain Raffle CSGU the wallet is empty because the NFT is minted directly into your collection after the win claim.

Really great from the Austrian Post to make 499 CSGU worth minimum 249,500 Euro (gold value not included) as gifts to CS collectors/enthusiasts.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 01:08:08 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2020, 01:18:38 AM by MoparMiningLLC

You misunderstood how the crypto stamp golden unicorn (CSGU) onchain raffle works. The criteria are: you need a digital collection and at least one crypto stamp in it. That's so far the minimum. Every Thursday after midnight (CET), sometimes later, the system will randomly select collections for a CSGU. You need to connect your wallet with the Austrian crypto stamp site and check your collection. If you win, you can't miss the huge full page win message. You need to claim it before the next Wednesday by filling out the address data and signing the transaction (free). Transaction is set with 100 gwei, so if ETH network has higher gas price it can take few days for the smart contract to fulfill the transaction. As long at least pending transaction or better successful transaction, everything is fine. If you see the won CSGU in your collection, then you will get the physical CSGU counterpart. This raffle will end on the 5th of October 2020.

As you already know total mintage of the CSGU is 999 (500 physical sale Onlineshop, 299 Onchain Raffle, 200 physical Raffle). So far 154 of 299 Onchain Raffle CSGU have been distributed and about 25-30 of 200 of physical Raffle CSGU have been sent to winners. Another 100 of physical Raffle CSGU reserved for the scavenger hunt game (until 21st of September 2020).
Differences between Onchain Raffle (ID 0-298, marked outside with 390000-390298, rectangle packaging), Onlineshop (Physical Sale ID 499-998, square packaging) and physical Raffle CSGU (ID 299-498, marked outside with 390299-390498, rectangle packaging): Onlineshop and physical Raffle CSGU still have the NFT in their original physical counterpart wallet, whereas for the Onchain Raffle CSGU the wallet is empty because the NFT is minted directly into your collection after the win claim.

Really great from the Austrian Post to make 499 CSGU worth minimum 249,500 Euro (gold value not included) as gifts to CS collectors/enthusiasts.

ok I thought I might have did it wrong - I just dont see the logic in paying so much just to add it to a collection, nearly doubles the cost of each stamp. but if there is a chance to win the golden one.... maybe worth it.

one question - if you add it to your collection - is there a way to xfer the onchain one if you, for example, sell the physical?

edit - well, hell I go ahead and xfer enough eth to wallet and go to start xferring the stamps - the cost to transfer went up nearly 20%....

Mine BTC @ kano.is
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:34:16 AM

I'm not sure why you just didn't buy an OCS stamp or two here:

https://crypto.post.at/onchainshop/

more info: https://crypto.post.at/how-it-works/#what_is_onchain

I think taciturn is saying you need an OCS stamp in your collection. Not sure about imported physicals. I do it in reverse. Buy onchain, then have the physicals sent to me via metamask. I don't recall it being super expensive, but maybe it was. The ETH network is really shitty lately, so many shit-tokens/contracts lol.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:40:05 AM

ok I thought I might have did it wrong - I just dont see the logic in paying so much just to add it to a collection, nearly doubles the cost of each stamp. but if there is a chance to win the golden one.... maybe worth it.

one question - if you add it to your collection - is there a way to xfer the onchain one if you, for example, sell the physical?

edit - well, hell I go ahead and xfer enough eth to wallet and go to start xferring the stamps - the cost to transfer went up nearly 20%....

Yeah, unfortunately it depends much on the ETH gas situation. At the moment all NFTs suffer from high gas costs.

Of course you can sell physical stamp and NFT separately. For OCS (onchain CS) you can request physical counterpart online (costs gas again), but if you sell/transfer the OCS you can't request it anymore.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 01:43:01 AM

I think taciturn is saying you need an OCS stamp in your collection. Not sure about imported physicals. I do it in reverse. Buy onchain, then have the physicals sent to me via metamask. I don't recall it being super expensive, but maybe it was. The ETH network is really shitty lately, so many shit-tokens/contracts lol.

to be honest - I have zero experience with ethereum or the onchain store and did not understand the difference when purchasing - someone had posted the link to where I could pre-purchase them and I did - it just so happened it was physicals - I looked at buying the on chain ones now - and its nearly the same price as xferring the physicals nearly $12 euros each

tell me this if I buy on-chain ones, do they automatically send me the physical ones? do I have to request them? And is there a cost associated to getting the physical ones after buying on-chain ones?

edit - after reading the response right before mine - I think I will just hold onto the physicals - periodically checking gas prices and eventually redeem them when its reasonable. Sadly, this will remove any chance of winning one of the golden unicorns - though I assume that chance is slim anyways. And I wasted $15 to create the empty collection lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:46:38 AM

Not necessary to be a OCS to participate in the Onchain raffle, normal physical also works. But I agree, with all the CS2 hassles and security problems, the OCS2.0 are the safest and best anyway. It does not matter if the physical counterpart has also the same security issue, because it does not have private phrases (seed), instead it has a standard German sentence for all OCS: "sammle achievements und begib dich auf die jagd nach dem goldenen einhorn" (translation: collect achievements and go hunt for the golden unicorn).
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:50:25 AM

to be honest - I have zero experience with ethereum or the onchain store and did not understand the difference when purchasing - someone had posted the link to where I could pre-purchase them and I did - it just so happened it was physicals - I looked at buying the on chain ones now - and its nearly the same price as xferring the physicals nearly $12 euros each

tell me this if I buy on-chain ones, do they automatically send me the physical ones? do I have to request them? And is there a cost associated to getting the physical ones after buying on-chain ones?

edit - after reading the response right before mine - I think I will just hold onto the physicals - periodically checking gas prices and eventually redeem them when its reasonable. Sadly, this will remove any chance of winning one of the golden unicorns - though I assume that chance is slim anyways. And I wasted $15 to create the empty collection lol

you already created a collection, so try to transfer or buy at least one crypto stamp into the collection for qualifying for the onchain raffle. The chance to win a golden unicorn is about 15% each week. 3 weeks left. ;-)

The difference between onchain crypto stamp (OCS) and the normal physical CS is, that for the onchain you will have the NFT first and can request any time the physical counterpart (unfortunately you need to pay gas for every steps). Whereas the physical CS, you will have the physical stamp first but the NFT is not minted yet. Minting the NFT into a collection or wallet of course would cost gas again.

In the beginning it was free using the physical CS to create the first collection and mint the first CS. But the budget has been exhausted by few egoistic people because they created many free collections and NFTs for the onchain raffle.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 01:52:53 AM

you already created a collection, so try to transfer or buy at least one crypto stamp into the collection for qualifying for the onchain raffle. The chance to win a golden unicorn is about 15% each week. 3 weeks left. ;-)

The difference between onchain crypto stamp (OCS) and the normal physical CS is, that for the onchain you will have the NFT first and can request any time the physical counterpart (unfortunately you need to pay gas for every steps). Whereas the physical CS, you will have the physical stamp first but the NFT is not minted yet.

it does not matter how many are in the collection? what is the criteria to be selected? your post above says toe collect "achievements" to hunt for the Unicorn - I have 16 that I would redeem (the other 12 I will either sell or give away) I have given away a few already.

I wonder if there is any value to the one stamp with 'satoshi' in the pass phrase? lol would have been better if the stamps were based on BTC not ETH lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:59:26 AM

The difference between onchain crypto stamp (OCS) and the normal physical CS is, that for the onchain you will have the NFT first and can request any time the physical counterpart (unfortunately you need to pay gas for every steps). Whereas the physical CS, you will have the physical stamp first but the NFT is not minted yet.

it does not matter how many are in the collection? what is the criteria to be selected? your post above says toe collect "achievements" to hunt for the Unicorn - I have 16 that I would redeem (the other 12 I will either sell or give away) I have given away a few already.

I wonder if there is any value to the one stamp with 'satoshi' in the pass phrase? lol would have been better if the stamps were based on BTC not ETH lol

What I have read is, that at the beginning the Austrian Post has planned to give priority and reward those collections with many achievements. But because of the high gas situation they changed it. It's enough if you have a collection and with at least one CS in it. Does not matter how many CS you have in your collection. So far about 31 collections with only one CS inside the collection won a CSGU.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 02:02:47 AM

What I have read is, that at the beginning the Austrian Post has planned to give priority and reward those collections with many achievements. But because of the high gas situation they changed it. It's enough if you have a collection and with at least one CS in it. Does not matter how many CS you have in your collection. So far about 31 collections with only one CS inside the collection won a CSGU.

ahh ok - I will do a few then. I have till weds/thurs so I might wait to see if gas prices go down a little - I had added enough to do about $10 each for gas so about $160 total if I do them all

holy hell.... it went up more. was near $8 each earlier now it is almost $13 to do one. what a fucking rip off...

Mine BTC @ kano.is
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 02:09:04 AM

ahh ok - I will do a few then. I have till weds/thurs so I might wait to see if gas prices go down a little - I had added enough to do about $10 each for gas so about $160 total if I do them all

holy hell.... it went up more. was near $8 each earlier now it is almost $13 to do one. what a fucking rip off...

Better before Wednesday because on Thursday they will have already selected the winners.
Austrian Post won't get any money from the high gas fees. All ETH will go to the miners.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 04:34:54 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2020, 01:46:51 PM by MoparMiningLLC

well i just checked and it is now almost $17 to add one stamp.... was $8 a few hours ago... guess I should not have waited

edit - just checked this morning and gas prices are crazy... $36 and change to xfer - I thought the point of crypto was to be better than fiat banks? Shit, I have wired 10k to China for less money using a bank.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
taciturn

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:52:30 PM

well i just checked and it is now almost $17 to add one stamp.... was $8 a few hours ago... guess I should not have waited

edit - just checked this morning and gas prices are crazy... $36 and change to xfer - I thought the point of crypto was to be better than fiat banks? Shit, I have wired 10k to China for less money using a bank.

price is lower again. perhaps you give it a try.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2020, 04:37:33 AM

price is lower again. perhaps you give it a try.

i added one Smiley might add more if it goes down a bit more.

gas prices went down so I added all 16 of my keepers - 1 animal of each color - blue, green, yellow and black.

I got the replacements today, they had them in dual sleeves and wrapped/sealed with postage tape in wax paper - I kind of want to open it to see what I got but kind of dont want to mess with them lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3437

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 02:37:00 PM

I can't believe I missed out 2020 edition! Looking at the site now and I only see onchain stamps. Anyone know any place still selling the physical? Link please =) I KNEW it was coming, and then I got so busy and right now I remember it and it's over. Damn me.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 03:03:55 PM

I can't believe I missed out 2020 edition! Looking at the site now and I only see onchain stamps. Anyone know any place still selling the physical? Link please =) I KNEW it was coming, and then I got so busy and right now I remember it and it's over. Damn me.

outside of eBay or here on the forums, I do not think you can buy the physicals. I may be wrong but I also think you can buy the onchain ones and then request the matching physicals perhaps.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 03:07:12 PM

outside of eBay or here on the forums, I do not think you can buy the physicals. I may be wrong but I also think you can buy the onchain ones and then request the matching physicals perhaps.

There's also a telegram group for buying and trading here https://t.me/CryptoStampBuyandSell

Edit - Yes, you can indeed buy onchain then redeem for physicals.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Rainbowsky
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 03:12:37 PM

Hello,

I found a website at where you can buy crypto stamps. One of those places is etsy. Here, one user is selling 4 different crypto stamps for $68 dollar. Set of 4 Crypto Stamps 2020 Austria, Postage Stamps, Crypto, Blockchain
Price:$68.49
Original Price:$85.61

https://www.etsy.com/listing/815632800/set-of-4-crypto-stamps-2020-austria?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_low-low_a-art_and_collectibles-collectibles-postage_stamps&utm_custom1=8257e7ac-ba0c-4b71-9df9-2ec120ec087a&utm_content=go_6721326171_83099521087_388320712693_aud-318110574666:pla-377508418754_c__815632800&utm_custom2=6721326171&gclid=CjwKCAjw5Kv7BRBSEiwAXGDElcJ6HIF0HqWGtHc-RCM6EINjJDDJCwMABHxgjIJ__WW5VB0JS43d8RoCkaQQAvD_BwE

Thanks,
Rainbowsy
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: