Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366046 times)
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:47:47 AM

So why exactly did no one think to add Crypt to the list of X11 coins? Seriously, PIGGY vs. CRYPT should have been pretty easy to guess. PIG didn't even do that well, so why should a reboot as PIGGY suddenly fly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:27:27 AM

@trogdorjw73 CRYPT vs. PIGGY wasn't the choice at the time - there were other coins to mine when CRYPT was released (as "CRY", with poor marketing and no real features at launch, I might add).

@shai_ No, we can't run Maru, or any Maru-clones, because they require special modifications to the stratum setup.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:56:09 AM

hey IPOminer have you taken a look at YUP coin launching today?  seems to be worth a risk. what do you think? 
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:18:25 PM

Yes, we're keeping an eye on YUP, and a few other coins launching today.

Leesminer

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:16:53 PM

great news....YUP numbers to me seem pretty decent, could be worth throwing on the multiport on launch.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:17:37 PM

great news....YUP numbers to me seem pretty decent, could be worth throwing on the multiport on launch.

It would be great if we could be on at launch.  I know you guys have the skillz to get us up as quick as the other pools.   Grin

Leesminer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:32:01 AM

Hope IPO is locked an loaded for YUP
Leesminer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:10:40 AM

It would be great if we could be on at launch.  I know you guys have the skillz to get us up as quick as the other pools.   Grin
Tell me your working on getting YUP. 
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:15:43 AM

After reviewing the source and launch, we're going to pass on adding YUP.

Leesminer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:27:26 AM

After reviewing the source and launch, we're going to pass on adding YUP.
you know after looking at it myself....I say good call!  got myself all exited for nothing
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:31:17 AM

So why exactly did no one think to add Crypt to the list of X11 coins? Seriously, PIGGY vs. CRYPT should have been pretty easy to guess. PIG didn't even do that well, so why should a reboot as PIGGY suddenly fly?

Crypt just turned out to be a lucky pumped coin, which will be dumped hard soon.
Have you even explored Piggy's website and downloaded their new wallet?
It is some of the most professional and polished stuff I have ever seen from any
coin.  And the dev, team, and community are passionate and behind it. There is
500M coins and the vast majority of them will be held and staked.  I like to mine
and sell profitable coins, get the occassional lucky pump before I dump, and also
have a few losers. It is very rarely that I like to hold a coin long term, and all I
can say is right now I am only holding BTC, LTC, and PIGGY.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

Acrospore

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:16:49 AM

Crypt just turned out to be a lucky pumped coin, which will be dumped hard soon.
It is some of the most professional and polished stuff I have ever seen from any
500M coins and the vast majority of them will be held and staked.  I like to mine
and sell profitable coins, get the occassional lucky pump before I dump, and also
have a few losers. It is very rarely that I like to hold a coin long term, and all I

I have decided to hold my Piggy too. I just hope it doen't turn out like ECC or worse Clean Water coin. I still have several 1000's stuck in a wallet that doesn't function.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:04:06 PM

I think the CRYPT claim to fame is that they're working on anonymous transactions (in a different manner than DRK, presumably), they've got PoS, and they're also talking about integrating a trading platform into the wallet by the end of the month. If CRYPT can actually get integrated trading working, that could be a killer feature and we could see the price double or even more in once again.

The thing is, during the past month or two IPOminer has had a ton of turkeys -- WC and AC started out okay and then had problems, but BLU, OC, YC, SHIBE, DOYE, etc. are all basically the same darn coin and yet they all got added, not to mention some complete failures like HOC and LION. WEST, MAST, DRK, HIRO, LIMX, LOL, VOOT, PIGGY, FRAC, KIWI, SYNC are all in the X11 pool (or have been), but CRYPT didn't make the cut for some reason. I'm not saying those are all bad coins, but if we're putting other rather questionable coins into the rotation, why did CRYPT get bypassed? And while we're at it, toss in SUPER and WAVE... and for X13 we could have had CLOAK, SnakeXCoin, Burnercoin, etc. Unless the idea is to only mine coins that aren't really being mined by the bigger pools, but if that's the case we're really just praying for luck. So if CRYPT was "just a lucky pump", the same goes for all the rest.

On a different note: are there any stats collected for the past month or two showing what IPOminer was mining and how many coins you would have mined (per MH)? That would be a really useful feature to add, unless of course most of the coins are complete crap and profitability for mining and holding them is essentially zero. But just one or two real success stories (VRC comes to mind, and SC did pretty well -- both had to be sold at the right time, of course) can cover a multitude of mediocrity, which is basically what I have been collecting of late.

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:28:54 PM

I guess I don't see it that way.

WC and AC regardless of their merits as coins were extremely profitable to mine.  Same thing with Shibe (and Doje, though you didn't mention it).  BLU was messed up be crappy development or 51% attack or something like that but you can hardly hold IPO responsible for that.  And even so, it still turned out to be very profitable, once it got back on an exchange.  OC wasn't anything special, but it isn't like we lost money mining it, it just didn't make the usual huge returns we have come to expect from here.  I'm not sure how you could really expect better, at least as far as scrypt goes. 
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:44:03 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 09:42:09 PM by ipominer

All coins can be "questionable" at a given time.. some are better or worse than others, but that's the point of mining new coins. CRYPT has only ever been hype - there's *still* nothing of substance, yet. Maybe they will deliver, maybe they won't, but there's no reason to jump on mining something based on 100% hype unless you're just hoping that somehow leads to a pump (which can be a viable strategy, but isn't the one we use for ipoMiner).

I think you may misunderstand what we try to do at ipoMiner. We aren't in the business of predicting what coin will get hyped and pumped 2 weeks from now. Our goal has always been, and continues to be, to find what coin can you mine now and sell within the next 1-36 hours. Not to toot my own horn, but we are *extremely* good at that - better than any other public site in this business, I would argue.

We do not advise holding the coins we mine for substantial periods of time - that has never been the intent of our coin selection or goal. I think what it sounds like you're looking for is a trading group, which has never been our intended purpose. I know I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here in case anyone hasn't heard it from me before: I specifically encourage everyone to separate mining from trading.

Mine what's profitable to mine; trade what you think is profitable to trade.. but don't use us as your trading advice platform, since that's not what we try to offer Smiley

Now, as far as your list of "turkeys" go:

WC and AC were massively profitable to mine - two of the most profitable coins of the year, aside from SpainCoin and BlackCoin, actually. BLU, OC, YC, SHIBE, and DOJE were not smash hits, but they were as profitable or more profitable, to mine and sell, than any other coin that was available at the time they were released.

HOC was a total failure, I 100% agree. It was also mined for what, less than 6-12 hours on the multiport? Hardly a substantial investment, and there were not any stellar alternatives at the time.

We mined LION for less than 30 minutes.

SYNC, FRAC, WEST, MAST, LOL, VOOT, and PIGGY have all been terrific for miners to mine and sell. DRK and HIRO are older coins that users asked us to add as x11 direct ports.

LIMX and KIWI were more profitable to mine and sell than other coins based on immediate profitability, but never did anything particularly exciting/sort of fizzled, that's true.

Most of the "bigger pools" mine EVERY coin out there. We try to select the best ones, from the perspective of mining profitability, using the information that is available around the time of launch and after. Most of the coins you mention were overhyped and have never delivered on their promises - they could have just as easily failed as they could have gone up, and yes, any coin that increases by more than 10x based on pure hype could be called a "lucky pump".

Leesminer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:25:52 PM

All coins can be "questionable" at a given time.. some are better or worse than others, but that's the point of mining new coins. CRYPT has only ever been hype - there's *still* nothing of substance, yet. Maybe they will deliver, maybe they won't, but there's no reason to jump on mining something based on 100% hype unless you're just hoping that somehow leads to a pump (which can be a viable strategy, but isn't the one we use for ipoMiner).

I think you may misunderstand what we try to do at ipoMiner. We aren't in the business of predicting what coin will get hyped and pumped 2 weeks from now. Our goal has always been, and continues to be, to find what coin can you mine now and sell within the next 1-36 hours. Not to toot my own horn, but we are *extremely* good at that - better than any other public site in this business, I would argue.

We do not advise holding the coins we mine for substantial periods of time - that has never been the intent of our coin selection or goal. I think what it sounds like you're looking for is a trading group, which has never been our intended purpose. I know I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here in case anyone hasn't heard it from me before: I specifically encourage everyone to separate mining from trading.

Mine what's profitable to mine; trade what you think is profitable to trade.. but don't use us as your trading advice platform, since that's not what we try to offer Smiley

Now, as far as your list of "turkeys" go:

WC and AC were massively profitable to mine - two of the most profitable coins of the year, aside from SpainCoin and BlackCoin, actually. BLU, OC, YC, SHIBE, and DOJE were not smash hits, but they were as profitable or more profitable, to mine and sell, than any other coin that was available at the time they were released.

HOC was a total failure, I 100% agree. It was also mined for what, less than 6-12 hours on the multiport? Hardly a substantial investment, and there were not any stellar alternatives at the time.

We mined LION for less than 30 minutes.

SYNC, FRAC, WEST, MAST, LOL, VOOT, and PIGGY have all been terrific for miners to mine and sell. DRK and HIRO are older coins that users asked us to add as x11 direct ports.

LIMX and KIWI were more profitable to mine and sell than other coins based on immediate profitability, but never did anything particularly exciting/sort of fizzled, that's true.

Most of the "bigger pools" mine EVERY coin out there. We try to select the best ones, from the perspective of mining profitability, using the information that is available around the time of launch and after. Most of the coins you mention were overhyped and have never delivered on their promises - they could have just as easily failed as they could have gone up, and yes, any coin that increases by more than 10x based on pure hype could be called a "lucky pump".
+1
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:29:32 PM

We added Razor (RZR) today, with a direct port for it on port 3449. It is currently on the Scrypt multiport, which displaced StartCoin (START). Therefore, we added a direct port for START on port 3448 if you anyone wants to continue mining it Smiley

Also, note that PoW mining on LeagueCoin (LOL) has ended. We have redirected the direct port for it to the x11 multiport.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

Good call

ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:28:06 AM

We just added GuerillaCoin (GUE) on direct port 3611 and on the x11 multiport. FractalCoin (FRAC) is still available on its direct port, which is 3610.

Check out the initial pricing on Bittrex for Razor (RZR) if you have mined some of it already.. I think you'll be VERY happy with the profitability on it. I would guess it earned ~0.01-0.015 btc/mh/day for the blocks we first mined!

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:00:48 AM

You sure your pool isn't having some security issues with fake shares being submitted.

1       deuce65   2,389,746

2.4Ghash/s and hasn't found a single block.

Probably 50% of the total hashrate for the coin. Every 3-4 mins he should of found a block.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: