Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 07:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366066 times)
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:00:22 AM

We added VastCoin on the X11 multiport - its a short 25-hour PoW period, and difficulty seems to be ramping up fast! It is also on direct port 3615.
so the word is that VAST is the same dev as CNL, any in site on that IPOminer?  people seem to be renting some rather large hash for VAST and there is so many similarities its scary.  ANN Op's looks similar, graphics in the threads almost identical.  if its the case that it is the same dev what's your feeling about VAST actually making an exchange seeing the current panic in CNL?

just want some in site or thoughts here, please dont mistake my questions as any sort of knock at what you guys do.

I don't have any insight into who's behind CNL or VAST, but if VAST plays out the same way that CNL did, there will be a lot of happy and unhappy people. Try to be one of the happy ones, by ensuring that you take profits incrementally along the way. This is the same strategy we suggest for miners for every coin, by the way: sell 10-30% of your holdings of a coin at a time. You'll never make the absolute maximum profit on a specific coin, but you should average higher returns that way.

My suggestion has always been, and continues to be, that trading should be treated separately from mining. Our goal is to mine the most profitable coin to sell in the near term, and CNL certainly was that. If VAST proves to be as profitable as CNL was for miners, that would be terrific.

What's up with the VAST payout? I got some coins confirmed since a while and no payout.

You know whats funny? The same thing happened with CNL and I got my first payout like 20 hours after mining...

Hope it does happen tonight I want to DUMP my coins...

VAST payouts are now enabled. For reference, we generally don't immediately enable payouts on new coins because of the high risk of new coins forking in the first few hundred blocks as large pools start mining. We typically enable payouts for a coin after they've gone through a few hours of mining or have been added to an exchange. We can always do so sooner if there's some sort of urgency... typically no one even asks or attempts a withdrawal until a coin is being added to an exchange.

We added VastCoin on the X11 multiport - its a short 25-hour PoW period, and difficulty seems to be ramping up fast! It is also on direct port 3615.
so the word is that VAST is the same dev as CNL, any in site on that IPOminer?  people seem to be renting some rather large hash for VAST and there is so many similarities its scary.  ANN Op's looks similar, graphics in the threads almost identical.  if its the case that it is the same dev what's your feeling about VAST actually making an exchange seeing the current panic in CNL?

just want some in site or thoughts here, please dont mistake my questions as any sort of knock at what you guys do.
What's up with the VAST payout? I got some coins confirmed since a while and no payout.

You know whats funny? The same thing happened with CNL and I got my first payout like 20 hours after mining...

Can you tell me where you are dumping them?  not sure there are many buyers out there at this point

I've had people approach me with OTC offers already at 2500 satoshis in >1 BTC increments, so there do appear to be buyers out there. Personally I'm holding my own mined VAST for at least 5000 satoshis though.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:06:16 AM

so the word is that VAST is the same dev as CNL, any in site on that IPOminer?  people seem to be renting some rather large hash for VAST and there is so many similarities its scary.  ANN Op's looks similar, graphics in the threads almost identical.  if its the case that it is the same dev what's your feeling about VAST actually making an exchange seeing the current panic in CNL?

I don't have any insight into who's behind CNL or VAST, but if VAST plays out the same way that CNL did, there will be a lot of happy and unhappy people. Try to be one of the happy ones, by ensuring that you take profits incrementally along the way. This is the same strategy we suggest for miners for every coin, by the way: sell 10-30% of your holdings of a coin at a time. You'll never make the absolute maximum profit on a specific coin, but you should average higher returns that way.

My suggestion has always been, and continues to be, that trading should be treated separately from mining. Our goal is to mine the most profitable coin to sell in the near term, and CNL certainly was that. If VAST proves to be as profitable as CNL was for miners, that would be terrific.

VAST payouts are now enabled. For reference, we generally don't immediately enable payouts on new coins because of the high risk of new coins forking in the first few hundred blocks as large pools start mining. We typically enable payouts for a coin after they've gone through a few hours of mining or have been added to an exchange. We can always do so sooner if there's some sort of urgency... typically no one even asks or attempts a withdrawal until a coin is being added to an exchange.

I always agree with your take on things, and fully agree with looking at mining and trading diffrently...in this case however it seems really unlikely VAST will hit any sort of exchange, there is some real outrage on the thread which suggests that any exchange that lists VAST could be in for a world of hurt.  But hey I trust you guys always have and will keep my miners on VAST to see what happens. 

Thanks as always.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:24:45 AM

I always agree with your take on things, and fully agree with looking at mining and trading diffrently...in this case however it seems really unlikely VAST will hit any sort of exchange, there is some real outrage on the thread which suggests that any exchange that lists VAST could be in for a world of hurt.  But hey I trust you guys always have and will keep my miners on VAST to see what happens.  

Thanks as always.

Someone will almost undoubtedly list it - I've literally never seen a coin with 150Gh/s+ of nethashrate not get listed somewhere.

And, consider that threads with the most "outrage" on short PoW periods are usually just attempts to keep miners away to reduce mining difficulty. If I had to bet whether anonymous strangers on the internet cared about your welfare on whether a coin was a scam or not... I would bet they don't, and that it is just another form of manipulation. As always, buyer (or miner) beware and use caution. A heavy dose of skepticism does go a long way in this industry.

IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:38:06 AM

And right on cue, Bittrex:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-VAST

sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:58:19 AM

I always agree with your take on things, and fully agree with looking at mining and trading diffrently...in this case however it seems really unlikely VAST will hit any sort of exchange, there is some real outrage on the thread which suggests that any exchange that lists VAST could be in for a world of hurt.  But hey I trust you guys always have and will keep my miners on VAST to see what happens.  

Thanks as always.

When I requested my withdraw CNL was already on 3 exchanges...

Bittrex-Richie has status OP in #IPOMINER IRC...

No wonder why scam coins like VAST get added to BITTREX...

It was clear that VAST was the same dev has CNL and you guys added it..

I think things are clear now thank you...

What goes around comes around...
Leesminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:32:09 AM

I stand corrected
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:02:52 AM

add PZR Payzor - it might be good one!
+1
didn't see this one till I read your post. We need better scrypt coins than RzR that dog is dead

i see no way ipominer doesnt add PZR on launch Wink but who knows..

ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:19:24 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 10:16:11 AM by ipominer

We've finally managed to track down the problem with TRI. Sorry for the delay, but without an official block explorer it was not easy to track down what's going on.

The low-detail summary:

There was a bug in the TRI wallet code where it sent out a large amount of duplicate transactions, and we now have ~4100 less TRI than we should.

Now for the longer version:

There is a complex bug that occurred under what seems like an edge case, from the combination of the initial TRI wallet transaction fee bug and the subsequent commit that was made to fix it. The Github commit for the fix is here: https://github.com/TrianglesProject/triangles/commit/911282be61fba5ce6abf7d63b9ac74a5a42ae44e

When we upgraded our TRI wallet from the original to that commit, our first transaction was duplicated by the wallet. We requested a transaction consisting of five payouts with a total value of ~258 TRI. The wallet duplicated our requested transaction 16 more times, for a total of over 4386 TRI being sent out in block 1266.

Now, this means that our wallet has a balance shortfall of ~4100 TRI, or approximately 90% less than what it should have.

Here's the block explorer view for block 1266, where this occurred: http://rentmydns.com:2750/block/00000000007276e4a5d889963b69eb587a0c94550dd16b989e6b145f49b6f2f3

And for a high level view of ipoMiner's TRI wallet address, see here: http://rentmydns.com:2750/address/TM331soe2F7TAvXTonV9dXkihdpbdPSWeV

This is a serious issue affecting the TRI community at large, since 4100 coins is nearly 10% of the total PoW supply, we were one of their primary pools and biggest advocates to get onto Bittrex, and there are over 230 miners affected at ipoMiner. We're hopeful their developers will address the issue and propose a solution; however, since it appears that TRI does not have a premine, there may be little they can do.

We're still in the process of determining what to do and are open to suggestions, but unless the TRI developers can provide some form of resolution, the most fair solution will likely be to proportionally split the actual TRI balance we have among everyone according to their balance.

As an update to this, we didn't have any luck with the TRI developers, as you can see from their response here. We've gone ahead and proportionally split the actual TRI balance we have among everyone according to their balance. This means you'll see approximately ~9% of what your previous TRI balance showed, but withdrawals/payouts have now been enabled for it.

EDIT: The TRI blockchain is stuck at the end of PoW and transition to PoS at block 9001. So although payouts are being processed and sent out on our end, they're stuck as outgoing in our wallet with zero confirmations. We have updated to the latest released TRI wallet, which hasn't helped. We'll post further updates when we have more information.

baxto

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:24:01 PM

Hello Ipominer, just a quick question. is there a reason your are still keeping PESA over BLTR on the x13 main port. Is PESA still that much more profitable?
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:35:04 PM

Hello Ipominer, just a quick question. is there a reason your are still keeping PESA over BLTR on the x13 main port. Is PESA still that much more profitable?

No particular reason other than BLTR was only just added to C-CEX, so there isn't clear pricing data and it doesn't have a massive nethash yet. We usually only rush coins onto a multiport whenever their popularity and likely profitability make them look like they'll definitely be added to larger exchanges.

We'll move it to the multiport if buy demand and the price on C-CEX picks up - it has been a bit light so far, for what the multiport usually requires in terms of profitability and market liquidity.

Also, if you guys hadn't noticed already, we added a few coins in the past 12 hours or so: EliteCoin (x11), RobotSexNickels (scrypt), and of course BLTR (x13) that we were just discussing.

baxto

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:49:59 PM

No particular reason other than BLTR was only just added to C-CEX, so there isn't clear pricing data and it doesn't have a massive nethash yet. We usually only rush coins onto a multiport whenever their popularity and likely profitability make them look like they'll definitely be added to larger exchanges.

We'll move it to the multiport if buy demand and the price on C-CEX picks up - it has been a bit light so far, for what the multiport usually requires in terms of profitability and market liquidity.

Also, if you guys hadn't noticed already, we added a few coins in the past 12 hours or so: EliteCoin (x11), RobotSexNickels (scrypt), and of course BLTR (x13) that we were just discussing.

Cool just wondering with the difficulty increase of PESA if it was still more profitable. But what you said makes more sense. Your the expert i'll just shut my mouth from now and let you guys run the show lol
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

Cool just wondering with the difficulty increase of PESA if it was still more profitable. But what you said makes more sense. Your the expert i'll just shut my mouth from now and let you guys run the show lol

No problem, I always welcome questions and am happy to share my thought processes Smiley

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:32:33 AM

ipo if we dont see PZR tommorow on launch here im stopping to browse this thread! =]

yolo
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:48:32 AM

ipo if we dont see PZR tommorow on launch here im stopping to browse this thread! =]

We don't make a definite decision on whether we're going to add coins before they actually launch, but it is on our radar. The "ATM" pictures look really sketchy though and there has not been a lot of interest on the PZR thread so far, so that's two strikes against it at this point for me.

payzor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:21:10 AM

PZR Payzor Coin launched - scrypt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707686.new#new

threads got way more active: PRE-ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695063.0
ANN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707686
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:28:28 AM

No source posted..

payzor

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:31:10 AM

https://mega.co.nz/#!0o0iXYQL!fxKqpR97Me34OVES-UQItXI_Fs4PUHToXittdrzfCCw
there is sources and qts isnide - mainly its a bundle.

btw to show you some love going to get you some more pics - and its almost 3 AM here in EU but i will do to show im dedicated to this coin.

check the thread there is pools already up.

and thanx!
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:37:49 AM

https://mega.co.nz/#!0o0iXYQL!fxKqpR97Me34OVES-UQItXI_Fs4PUHToXittdrzfCCw
there is sources and qts isnide - mainly its a bundle.

btw to show you some love going to get you some more pics - and its almost 3 AM here in EU but i will do to show im dedicated to this coin.

check the thread there is pools already up.

and thanx!

We don't download wallets from Mega. Put up a GitHub repository with source like every other reputable coin and we'll consider it...

payzor

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:21:21 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 02:53:48 AM by payzor

was busy.. driving to get better pics.

github is UP - https://github.com/payzorcoin/payzorcoinofficial
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

was busy.. dribing to get better pics.

github is UP - https://github.com/payzorcoin/payzorcoinofficial

Great. We've added Payzor to the ipoMiner scrypt multiport.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: