Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:52:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260022 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:39:38 AM

Order #127X.
Got my tracking info.
Hope they get to Washington by Friday!

WTF!

I am #121X and I still have not even got the email regarding the compensation... forget about tracking... um order queue much?
how quickly did you pay?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:07:27 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:57:52 AM by jimmothy

You really should give this up before you embarrass yourself further. You made a statement designed to demean the ST chip against a competitors without explaining the tech behind the apparent 'better' performance from the latter. That's not what good engineers do, they can only compare two devices by giving them the same operating conditions or by explaining how results come about from testing. Lower power consumption does not equate to higher efficiency, I don't have the motivation to explain it to you, so you'll have to work it out for yourself.

As for W/GH and J/GH, they are NOT the same. I would  gladly explain to you if I thought you might be capable of understanding what I said, but you clearly won't. Watts are a measure of power, Joules of energy. They are NOT the same, although again it's amusing that you think you can argue that they are.

Yes, W/gh/s is a rate and J/gh is a quantity but they are always the same number.

Please do explain how a miner can be 1 J/gh while simultaneously being something other than 1 W/gh/s.

Anyways it doesn't even matter because bitfury never used J/gh or claimed lower power consumption, you simply made that part up along with nearly everything else you've said.

0.596 V, 96 Mhz, 0.725 Amps, 0.43 W, 100 tasks sent, 143 solutions got, COP is 0.986, Ideal 1.12 Gh/s, Real 1.1 Gh/s, 0.39 W / Gh/s

I have no interest in what you buy of from whom but I'll be damned if I'll sit back and watch amateurs use misinformation to try to put down the technology of good companies that might pose a threat to their interests. I've read quite a lot of your comments about several companies, not much constructive criticism or support in there, is there? Not a lot of criticism of AM either, funnily enough, but I guess you feel you don't have to as they're going to 'crush' the competition, eh? I have the distinct feeling that you're going to regret ever having said that.

I never said AM will crush the competition, I said that that was their goal when you spouted off nonsense about how their goal was to distribute the hashrate.

I've also never tried to put down the technology of a good company. My only problem with spondoolies is the preorders. End of story.

While I'm writing can I also remind you that you haven't as yet done the ROI comparison between the AM solution and the SP30 I suggested? I'd really love to see it and I'll bet a lot of other would too, so get busy.

Didn't want to make this a debate about AM but if you insist:

SP31

AM tube

S3+

With that said I challenge anyone to show me a scenario where an SP31 is the best option.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:41:16 AM

With that said I challenge anyone to show me a scenario where an SP31 is the best option.

From where can you buy AM Tube at that price?

Stevbenson

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:08:05 AM

Order #127X.
Got my tracking info.

WTF!

I am #121X and I still have not even got the email regarding the compensation... forget about tracking... um order queue much?
how quickly did you pay?

I transferred the full amount the day after the 0.1BTC deposit was paid. Not sure how many days it took to end up in their account.

That should not matter anyway! It was made very clear in the GB that the shipping queue would be in the order of the 0.1 BTC deposit that was sent to Roadstress not when the full amount cleared.

Come on ST are you shipping out of order?!? And still no email in regards to compensation or shipping yet... Am I like the last person from the GB they are going to contact?

jimmothy

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:14:24 AM

From where can you buy AM Tube at that price?

I mixed up the power consumption, it should be 1.09 w/gh not 1w/gh when overclocked. It's fixed now and the tube is still the most profitable. It's ~$1700 more profitable than the sp31 in half the amount of time.

Each tube is ~0.96 btc each and can be overclocked to 920 gh/s at 1000W. A modded server PSU is ~$25 per miner.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:38:42 AM

Order #127X.
Got my tracking info.

Order #127X.
Got my tracking info.

WTF!

how quickly did you pay?

I transferred the full amount the day after the 0.1BTC deposit was paid. Not sure how many days it took to end up in their account.

That should not matter anyway! It was made very clear in the GB that the shipping queue would be in the order of the 0.1 BTC deposit that was sent to Roadstress not when the full amount cleared.

Come on ST are you shipping out of order?!? And still no email in regards to compensation or shipping yet... Am I like the last person from the GB they are going to contact?

how exactly they determine the order, i wonder?
I have order 11XX, but did not receive any email. One day extra in shipping could mean 3 extra days delayed because of Sat, Sunday and labor day Monday.
I would like to hear why orders with later numbers are being emailed/shipped first.

?!

#116x - paid the same hour payment details were provided!!

NO info forthcoming, have had to BEG squeak for basic details. (IE - we don't know if it will arrive in august)

while muppets without orders have had a personal response brigade sat waiting for more tripe to reply to.. pointless & repeatative

joshua-esque naughty list or what??!!
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:45:33 AM

?!

#116x - paid the same hour the payment details were provided!!

NO info forthcoming, have had to BEG for the most basic details. (IE - we don't know if it will arrive in august)

while muppets without orders have had a personal response brigade sat waiting for more tripe to reply to..

joshua-esque naughty list or what??!!

Money loser and crappy customer service.....what else did you expect from a pre-order? especially one that was part of a disengenuous group buy

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:07:24 AM

I mixed up the power consumption, it should be 1.09 w/gh not 1w/gh when overclocked. It's fixed now and the tube is still the most profitable. It's ~$1700 more profitable than the sp31 in half the amount of time.

Each tube is ~0.96 btc each and can be overclocked to 920 gh/s at 1000W. A modded server PSU is ~$25 per miner.

Except that you can't buy less than 10 units for that price which makes your calculation impossible to get that hashpower for that price. You need to either raise the price or lower the speed, but I'm used to your misleading information.

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:21:57 AM

Except that you can't buy less than 10 units for that price which makes your calculation impossible to get that hashpower for that price. You need to either raise the price or lower the speed, but I'm used to your misleading information.

where is he being misleading? is what he posted not fact?

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:41:07 AM

where is he being misleading? is what he posted not fact?

In order to get the price that he posted customers will need to buy at least 10 units. Trying to get only the stated hashrate will give you a higher price.

jimmothy

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:48:53 AM

In order to get the price that he posted customers will need to buy at least 10 units. Trying to get only the stated hashrate will give you a higher price.

SP31

AM tube

S3+

Happy now?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:38:42 AM

Happy now?

Of course not. You can't start hashing today with the AM Tube and you won't start hashing with the SP31 on 26 Ocbober. But please stop trying. The sales will speak for themselves. Do you think that you will receive any dividends in September?

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:52:00 AM

'less than 200' @ 50-100 per day...

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:11:11 AM

GB orders are being fulfilled according to TXID and not according to order #

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:12:13 AM

You really should give this up before you embarrass yourself further. You made a statement designed to demean the ST chip against a competitors without explaining the tech behind the apparent 'better' performance from the latter. That's not what good engineers do, they can only compare two devices by giving them the same operating conditions or by explaining how results come about from testing. Lower power consumption does not equate to higher efficiency, I don't have the motivation to explain it to you, so you'll have to work it out for yourself.

As for W/GH and J/GH, they are NOT the same. I would  gladly explain to you if I thought you might be capable of understanding what I said, but you clearly won't. Watts are a measure of power, Joules of energy. They are NOT the same, although again it's amusing that you think you can argue that they are.

Yes, W/gh/s is a rate and J/gh is a quantity but they are always the same number.

Please do explain how a miner can be 1 J/gh while simultaneously being something other than 1 W/gh/s.

Anyways it doesn't even matter because bitfury never used J/gh or claimed lower power consumption, you simply made that part up along with nearly everything else you've said.

0.596 V, 96 Mhz, 0.725 Amps, 0.43 W, 100 tasks sent, 143 solutions got, COP is 0.986, Ideal 1.12 Gh/s, Real 1.1 Gh/s, 0.39 W / Gh/s

I have no interest in what you buy of from whom but I'll be damned if I'll sit back and watch amateurs use misinformation to try to put down the technology of good companies that might pose a threat to their interests. I've read quite a lot of your comments about several companies, not much constructive criticism or support in there, is there? Not a lot of criticism of AM either, funnily enough, but I guess you feel you don't have to as they're going to 'crush' the competition, eh? I have the distinct feeling that you're going to regret ever having said that.

I never said AM will crush the competition, I said that that was their goal when you spouted off nonsense about how their goal was to distribute the hashrate.

I've also never tried to put down the technology of a good company. My only problem with spondoolies is the preorders. End of story.

While I'm writing can I also remind you that you haven't as yet done the ROI comparison between the AM solution and the SP30 I suggested? I'd really love to see it and I'll bet a lot of other would too, so get busy.

Didn't want to make this a debate about AM but if you insist:

SP31

AM tube

S3+

Here we go again - you'll never actually answer questions, will you? You just try to throw them back with your usual arrogance. It won't work this time.

So now 'you' challenge anyone to show that the SP31 is the best option. In case you've forgotten I've already challenged you to do a detailed comparison of the AM solution versus the SP30/31 (which, of course you're incapable of doing so because you don't know how), so either provide it or shut up. And don't cheat by 'overclocking' - a device has a specification, overclocking it  means going above that specification so there is no guarantee it'll work properly.

Of course, you can always ask the guy that's pulling your strings.

I suggest you really do make a 'debate' about this in a separate thread, this isn't the place for it.
jimmothy

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

Here we go again - you'll never actually answer questions, will you? You just try to throw them back with your usual arrogance. It won't work this time.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how W/gh/s does not equal J/GH.

So now 'you' challenge anyone to show that the SP31 is the best option. In case you've forgotten I've already challenged you to do a detailed comparison of the AM solution versus the SP30/31 (which, of course you're incapable of doing so because you don't know how), so either provide it or shut up. And don't cheat by 'overclocking' - a device has a specification, overclocking it  means going above that specification so there is no guarantee it'll work properly.

Are you incapable of doing anything yourself? In case the answer is no, I've changed the 2 numbers on the calculator for you:

SP31

AM tube
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:55:55 AM

And now back to the customers and their issues...

GB shipping? How soon before they are all cleared off the books SPTech guys or Guy?

Can the speculators please post to SPECULATION and let customers have some room to get answers?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:45:15 AM

GB shipping? How soon before they are all cleared off the books SPTech guys or Guy?

Can the speculators please post to SPECULATION and let customers have some room to get answers?
Orders should ship before Friday.
faraway

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:45:57 AM

I'm still waiting for you to explain how W/gh/s does not equal J/GH.

Are you incapable of doing anything yourself? In case the answer is no, I've changed the 2 numbers on the calculator for you:

SP31

AM tube

In the case of SP31, anyway the ROI will be better if these machines can be delivered early October;  Being alone with a huge hashrate, and a low cost hardware, gives a very fast ROI.But, we are not in this case anymore. And the ROI stage may take months, or can't never be achieves if new machines with a better J/GH and a better price are there in the months to come. The risk is mainly related to the future hardware designs.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:51:09 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:23:20 AM by Bicknellski

Orders should ship before Friday.

That is the info I was looking for. Can we get all the graphs stowed somewhere? I get you want a dick swinging contest but how about you do that on your dimes not on ours eh? Start a THREAD on why you think SPTech is x or y and stay there with it. I just don't really want to listen to the same arguments over and over again. It would be great if this thread was more customer questions and sptech feedback and support than speculation on future difficulty etc. Suffice to say I would rather hear Guy talk about the FUTURE of mining as he actually has done the research in DEPTH. The armchair stuff I can do myself and it really isn't helping me with any future mining decisions because you are not providing any more information than I can find with a click of the mouse. SPTech does their homework and that is who I want to cheat off of come test time not some hack like me with no inside information and grudge against SPTech that is plainly motivated by some sort of need to dissuade people from buying things from the most reputable team so far in Bitcoin Mining.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: