Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748197 times)
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are "simple" projects.

Struggling to see what mistakes Qora as a developer has done. yeah I think Qora needs to be open source but Qora the developer has achieved more than NXT did, quicker than NXT and with less mishaps than NXT including zero stolen coins so far. NXT took a long time and lots of people to get where it is now.

Plus you are missing that Botcoin and NXT were both the work of one man. Yeah others have refined it but the ideas came from one guy. Qora is actually following the tradition of the best developers.

I want OS as much as anyone but people who suggest Qora is some science project are wrong.

biggest mistake that he havent made a developer team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:22:03 PM

It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are "simple" projects.

Struggling to see what mistakes Qora as a developer has done. yeah I think Qora needs to be open source but Qora the developer has achieved more than NXT did, quicker than NXT and with less mishaps than NXT including zero stolen coins so far. NXT took a long time and lots of people to get where it is now.

Plus you are missing that Botcoin and NXT were both the work of one man. Yeah others have refined it but the ideas came from one guy. Qora is actually following the tradition of the best developers.

I want OS as much as anyone but people who suggest Qora is some science project are wrong.

biggest mistake that he havent made a developer team

How much of that is perception and how much is reality?

Like I said Qora has done as well as a competent team so maybe some of what people are talking about are perceptions.

I think after NXT had a big team of developers working in it and also NEM am has a lot of people involved that equals quality in the minds of people.

Qora has a single vision for Qora, we can't judge it till it's open source and finished. 
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:32:40 PM

Please note, I edited my last sentence on my lady post.  (I only have access to BTT on a cell during the day.  Small typo, with big implication. Wink )

Anyway, all I'm trying to state is that if we want this to take off, then yes, Qora needs help.  At a minimum, he needs a trusted, second pair of eyes or a person with a technical background that can test the hell out of a major update before a release.

I'd be willing to be that guy, briefly, until others come along to support the coin.  I'll be honest, I'm a busy person and my spare time is precious.  Crypto is a secondary hobby for me, so it doesn't get a lot of time.  Still, I'm willing to help where I can.

I know my thoughts seem a little scattered today, but after having to work through my own Bter issues (which aren't resolved, btw) I just see the need that this coin needs more support than one dev and a bunch of cheerleaders. (Nothing wrong with either.  (I'm just saying, if we want to grow, then growth needs to be supported.)

I'm not complaining, I guess.  I'm more throwing my name in the proverbial "willing to help" hat.

Qora, if you read this, and are interested in a second dev, PM me.  By trade I am a C/C# dev (and I can send you my resume.) I've never coded in Java but I can get around in it.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:11:45 PM

Oke here is how I see the future.

Initially it was never the goal to become a feature pumping machine.
The initial goal for this project was to try and simplify features, Looking for ways to improve them and see if they could be combined somehow.
We have features now so there is no point in pushing more features until the available ones find a use.

The main development focus will now be to make the client stable and getting more use out of the existing features.
The new wallet will be part of the goal of making Qora and its features more accessable.

To go open source this project needs to get a proper identity first. This means atleast the following things need to be done before we can go open source.

• Rework this topic (update the information, self-moderate it to prevent the spam).
  • Recreate the website (correct information, blog, forum).
  • Better communication through the blog, forum, etc
  • Create better documentation on how to use the client.
  • Setting up a proper issue tracker with guidelines.
  • Fixing the issues people are having.
  • Maybe a new logo.

I am already working on these things so don't expect them to take very long.
Some parts of the source might be hidden first. If this creates a larger interest and community the missing parts will become available immediatly.

rlh

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:18:29 PM

The initial goal for this project was to try and simplify features, Looking for ways to improve them and see if they could be combined somehow.
We have features now so there is no point in pushing more features until the available ones find a use.

The main development focus will now be to make the client stable and getting more use out of the existing features.
The new wallet will be part of the goal of making Qora and its features more accessable.

To go open source this project needs to get a proper identity first. This means atleast the following things need to be done before we can go open source.

• Rework this topic (update the information, self-moderate it to prevent the spam).
  • Maybe a new logo.

Some parts of the source might be hidden first. If this creates a larger interest and community the missing parts will become available immediatly.

Thank you for the clear post and, +1!  My offer still stands-- if you would like to have a second pair of eyes, or a second-dev that can act ad a sounding board, please PM me.

A simplified crypto is something I've been waiting for and I'm glad to hear that was part of your initial purpose for Qora.

Good job and I just want to be sure I'm offering what I can to help establish this coin.  I'm here to support and not to tear down you, the project or anyone else.

"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:41:29 PM

• Maybe a new logo.

Thanks for this statement!
Seems that you read and understand the REAL problems for us user who are mainly interested in this coin and its possibility - and not only in a fast growing price!
For ME this is a reason to hold my coins and I will try to get more of them! Smiley

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:58:27 PM

You are very cool man Smiley
hoks

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:12:34 PM

• Maybe a new logo.

glad to see the feed back , but we need a schedule and road map . open source is really necessary , its not for clone but need more tech to join in , lonely team always made us nervous
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:35:25 PM

Wauw! This sounds good  Grin Go Qora, Go Qora  Cheesy
rabbiter

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:28:31 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 04:24:04 AM by rabbiter

Logo contest!

Maybe Qora doesn't need more developers it just needs more Qora the developer!

HODL!!!
Scipiocore

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:42:18 AM

Its time for Qora  Wink cant wait to see the new things
rabbiter

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:43:05 AM

I'm not sure why people put orders in for less than a dollar to manipulate the price. Open source should end this nonsense. Probably we should get on a few more exchanges as the client gets more stable.
s11made

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:47:27 AM

I'm not sure why people put orders in for less than a dollar to manipulate the price. Open source should end this nonsense. Probably we should get on a few more exchanges as the client gets more stable.

If you believe in this coin, why would you need more exchanges ? You clearly want to see real world adoption, so there is no need to transfer crypto into fiat.
Just create an incentive for people to spend qora instead of transfering it back into fiat as soon as possible with as much gain as possible.
Maybe have a quick look at Bitmark project. Their goal is mass user adoption rather than feature pumping. It's a simple scrypt clone yet the dev doesn't need to convince exchanges to add the coin. It's the other way round.
Features that no one knows how to use them are not worth very much. And if it's too complicated to use a system, it won't be used unless it offers something really special.
Does Qora have such a unique special thing ? And if what is it ? Try to build a usecase for users around this feature. Make users want to try it out.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:07:14 AM

Bter managed to get my Coins back. Yaaaay Smiley

Its all here now !

Only my Sig bountys and faucets since 09.09 are still missing.

Do you send them manually ?
My addy:
QLxfyGsD7NEJ9ooS6uG1SsZAyLTRRtPog8

rlh

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:15:52 AM

Its all here now !

My addy:

How long did that take?  I just received a response from them this morning, telling me to wait a while and my transactions should post.  They sent the email 7+ hours ago and still no Qora in my wallet, or in my Bter account.

I'm willing to way and play nice, but I'd like to know what others have experienced.

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:02:09 PM

Its all here now !

Sent to all.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Corleone1918

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:23:16 PM

• Maybe a new logo.

great , can't wait os.
I will review source code .
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:46:17 PM

any chance for open source this month?
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:38:00 PM

Qora with 20% discount  Shocked
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304460/   Grin
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:58:59 PM

Its all here now !

My addy:

How long did that take?  I just received a response from them this morning, telling me to wait a while and my transactions should post.  They sent the email 7+ hours ago and still no Qora in my wallet, or in my Bter account.

I'm willing to way and play nice, but I'd like to know what others have experienced.

took em a few days.
maybe 5-6 here. simply answer on the mail to keep the ticket open.

Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: