Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:42:33 PM

Having an issue with the wallet Qora.V14. zip

Was sending 7000 from Poloniex , but as the wallet has problems syncing they still not there:

http://qora.co.in/?q=4wUoSwzALT7p9wo93fGzCmAhhUhDthXsQG8roTk5BNzBtQEiynNezQKE97znYuxUF6GLkVgZKN9XHdf5kf5yoVkj

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:02:00 PM

We are still if you compare to NXT in dirt cheap territory.

That's because all you do is talking. One work horse is doing everything, the others are just waiting and dreaming, not even building the network.
there is a reward program for running a node

Ok, I found it, but it's only 3000 qora/week, that's ~$0.30/week, too little. That wouldn't even cover hosting expenses. Only initial stakeholders have a vested interest to run nodes now, and I see there are only 22 nodes in the network (http://qora.co.in/nodeview.php). If you want other people to join the network, initial stakeholders should provide more attractive bounties.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:40:35 PM

You have the Qora. Make sure you have your seed saved and then delete Qora folder, download it again and run it again from scratch, recover your seed, await for blockchain to be downloaded and you'll be able to see and use your Qora.

I've had to read these instructions too many times...almost 4 months and the basic loading sequence is still not as smooth as it should be. In truth, I often still need to delete data and wallet folders to re-stabilize the client. I'm certainly not knocking Qora's work as he is a genius and all and has created a masterpiece but maybe we need ask qora to work on stability a bit (in a nice way). As for the rest of us, perhaps running nodes is the best thing we can do. 

Do we have a set of simple instructions on setting up a node?
bilt10

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:48:24 PM

https://twitter.com/burnscamcoins/status/509032924864208896. Please retweet & tweet your own. We need to bring new people into Qora so that they can see the real potential. BTW why is the news on AE not yet tweeted on the Qora handle yet Huh Who handles that twitter account?
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:00:20 PM

You have the Qora. Make sure you have your seed saved and then delete Qora folder, download it again and run it again from scratch, recover your seed, await for blockchain to be downloaded and you'll be able to see and use your Qora.

Thanks. it worked. But why i had to do that ?

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:02:18 PM

First of all thanks to anyone willing to build things on top of qora. It will be amazing.

With time qora will get bigger and bigger. Dont expect the price to be so low for long. Everyone has his chance to get in now.

The speed and features of qora are unique, check it for yourselves. The wallet is more simplistic and user friendly than all the rest. With the future enhancements in the Gui, like pie charts, eye candy buttons and so on, it will be even more embellished.

It has a more fair distribution than nxt, better security by having a seed and password, it is also possible to mine with locked wallet, it has a dedicated dev and the list goes on and on...

It's obvious it wont stay for long unnoticed. The community is being built, the dumpers have left, the whitepaper will come and possibly soon after some code snippets.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
jrsfiend

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:11:41 PM

First of all thanks to anyone willing to build things on top of qora. It will be amazing.

With time qora will get bigger and bigger. Dont expect the price to be so low for long. Everyone has his chance to get in now.

The speed and features of qora are unique, check it for yourselves. The wallet is more simplistic and user friendly than all the rest. With the future enhancements in the Gui, like pie charts, eye candy buttons and so on, it will be even more embellished.

It has a more fair distribution than nxt, better security by having a seed and password, it is also possible to mine with locked wallet, it has a dedicated dev and the list goes on and on...

It's obvious it wont stay for long unnoticed. The community is being built, the dumpers have left, the whitepaper will come and possibly soon after some code snippets.

I'm thinking of code right now. I again pitch an escrow/feedback system built with Qora's arb trans abilities to 'back' the AE when it's launched - as a consumer my main issue with trusting anyone online is trust, and without a foolproof and scamproof trust system in place I almost always refuse to trust anyone asking for my money (or other assets). As a developer I have the ability to implement this, I just want to brainstorm it before I commit any lines of code. My thought is that released escrow means you're happy with whatever it is you did, so that would count as positive feedback. If you don't release escrow it's negative feedback. If you don't want to use escrow you may or may not have the ability to leave feedback? thoughts? How much should it be weighted? How much should new users be able to influence the feedback rating of other users, new and established, vs. how much weight should be given to established ones? Should it even be weighted, or should it be designed in such a way that everyone's opinion is equal but you don't get an opinion until so many or so much transactions? Or you'd need transactions with established people first, they review you, then eventually you get the ability to do stuff? Should there be limits or thresholds for that? Should we try as hard as we can to copy something tried and true - like ebay - or try something revolutionary? Would an ebay style feedback and escrow system work when there's usually not fiat involved?

Thoughts Smiley?
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:23:12 PM

I'm thinking of code right now. I again pitch an escrow/feedback system built with Qora's arb trans abilities to 'back' the AE when it's launched - as a consumer my main issue with trusting anyone online is trust, and without a foolproof and scamproof trust system in place I almost always refuse to trust anyone asking for my money (or other assets). As a developer I have the ability to implement this, I just want to brainstorm it before I commit any lines of code. My thought is that released escrow means you're happy with whatever it is you did, so that would count as positive feedback. If you don't release escrow it's negative feedback. If you don't want to use escrow you may or may not have the ability to leave feedback? thoughts? How much should it be weighted? How much should new users be able to influence the feedback rating of other users, new and established, vs. how much weight should be given to established ones? Should it even be weighted, or should it be designed in such a way that everyone's opinion is equal but you don't get an opinion until so many or so much transactions? Or you'd need transactions with established people first, they review you, then eventually you get the ability to do stuff? Should there be limits or thresholds for that? Should we try as hard as we can to copy something tried and true - like ebay - or try something revolutionary? Would an ebay style feedback and escrow system work when there's usually not fiat involved?

Thoughts Smiley?

This is over my head but may be helpful: http://pastebin.com/qNTjEcvi
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

Thoughts Smiley?

Welcome to Qora, That seems awesome, we appreciate people trying to build ontop of Qora.

I wondered if you knew there was a chat function. http://qora.co.in/chat/

Qora turns up now and again, I imagine you would have a lot to talk about if you actually did catch him.

Qora has said he is open to PM's too.
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

For Staking  QORA i just have to leave the wallet open (unlocked, same as i do with HYP and RDD )?

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:22:13 PM

For Staking  QORA i just have to leave the wallet open (unlocked, same as i do with HYP and RDD )?

Yes...  when your wallet is unlocked you are forging but with Qora you can also do the following:

• By putting the setting "generatorkeycaching" to "true" you can keep generating blocks after you lock your wallet as long as you have unlocked your wallet once since startup.

If you want to forge with the wallet locked...   make sure to edit settings.json to include the following text:

Code:
{
"knownpeers":[
"146.185.141.232",
"162.243.170.76",
"42.159.153.145",
"88.198.69.99",
"85.21.237.35",
"193.242.149.63",
"113.250.226.131"
],
"minconnections": 10,
"generatorkeycaching": true
}

Thanks!

twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

I've had to read these instructions too many times...almost 4 months and the basic loading sequence is still not as smooth as it should be. In truth, I often still need to delete data and wallet folders to re-stabilize the client. I'm certainly not knocking Qora's work as he is a genius and all and has created a masterpiece but maybe we need ask qora to work on stability a bit (in a nice way). As for the rest of us, perhaps running nodes is the best thing we can do. 

I found this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6943975;topicseen#msg6943975
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:08:32 AM

let's forge     Wink
Yeah I want to but my wallet is constantly having more and more problems as time passes by, instead of the contrary happening. We also have less nodes active so the blockchain takes a good awhile to be downloaded more and more too. The same must be happening to others and they feel not motivated to do it. I assume when we have higher price and stable wallet we hardly will have less than 25% stake forging.

It's a chicken and egg problem. More nodes are not set up, because the price is low and there is no incentive to set up nodes. The price is low because investors and prospective users don't set up nodes and don't grow the network and community. Make a bounty of at least 10k qora/week, that would at least cover hosting expenses. If the price goes higher, you can always lower the weekly payout.
Breasal

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:17:47 AM

I found this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6943975;topicseen#msg6943975

Thank you twospirit  Cool
Breasal

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:37:48 AM

New QORA Poll: Please Vote!

Deadline September 10, 2014

Name:should qora strive to be part of btcd (bitcoindark) supernet core?

Description: There is a new vision/space emerging in the altcoin world and it's called the SuperNET. An initiative born from the idea that ALL cryptocurrencies would thrive through UNITY and anonymity (or being "dark"). An invitation has been announced by the devs of bitcoindark (BTCD) to participate as an innovative CORE altcoin in its vision to unite. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8592943#msg8592943

Results update (arbitrary deadline of Sept 10 cancelled as it's arbitrary  Tongue )

Yes - 61%
No - 39%

all votes:   1,008,953,571 (10% of all Qora)

http://qora.co.in/?q=%EF%BB%BFshould+qora+strive+to+be+part+of+btcd+supernet+core%3F&poll

Four coins thusfar included in supernet core and brief tech offering:

Bitcoindark (BTCD) - primary teleporting tech to send and receive txs to and from all coins' networks (under development)
Boolberry (BBR) - onion routing tech to anonomize coins entering teleporting network
Vericoin (VRC) - coin <--> fiat technology (interesting community conversations over the past few days for and against)
NXT - other jl777 technologies including privacybet, instadex, mgw, etc

Market cap on these coins have increased substantially since announcement. At the end of supernet fundraising, BTC collected will be used to sustain growth and value of coins.

Qora is doing fine without supernet and need not apply IMO but always an option if Qora/community so chooses.
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:20 AM

The pop in price of being involved seems to of faded. Take that away and many people might think differently.

It's an interesting idea but I think it's better to keep the door open and see how things pan out.

In the end we won't be joining if Qora is dead set against it. So far he hasn't commented which suggests to me he isn't considering it at least at the moment. Personally I like the idea of Qora being a leader rather than a follower.
Breasal

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:47:20 AM

Personally I like the idea of Qora being a leader rather than a follower.

Agree
skylys

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

OS+AE ,to the moon
Maxmast

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:06:15 PM

after ae , the price will go to 40 sat .
after os, the price will go to 80 sat.
let's wait.

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VoZbKEt7GwDEgKyFUG8nGHoSn43TkK1X4M
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

New QORA Poll: Please Vote!

Deadline September 10, 2014

Name:should qora strive to be part of btcd (bitcoindark) supernet core?

Description: There is a new vision/space emerging in the altcoin world and it's called the SuperNET. An initiative born from the idea that ALL cryptocurrencies would thrive through UNITY and anonymity (or being "dark"). An invitation has been announced by the devs of bitcoindark (BTCD) to participate as an innovative CORE altcoin in its vision to unite. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8592943#msg8592943

Results update (arbitrary deadline of Sept 10 cancelled as it's arbitrary  Tongue )

Yes - 61%
No - 39%

all votes:   1,008,953,571 (10% of all Qora)

http://qora.co.in/?q=%EF%BB%BFshould+qora+strive+to+be+part+of+btcd+supernet+core%3F&poll

Four coins thusfar included in supernet core and brief tech offering:

Bitcoindark (BTCD) - primary teleporting tech to send and receive txs to and from all coins' networks (under development)
Boolberry (BBR) - onion routing tech to anonomize coins entering teleporting network
Vericoin (VRC) - coin <--> fiat technology (interesting community conversations over the past few days for and against)
NXT - other jl777 technologies including privacybet, instadex, mgw, etc

Market cap on these coins have increased substantially since announcement. At the end of supernet fundraising, BTC collected will be used to sustain growth and value of coins.

Qora is doing fine without supernet and need not apply IMO but always an option if Qora/community so chooses.

James said he would be working with the VRC people to help them with some issues. He never said they would be part of the superNET. Then again, he never said they wouldn't.
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: