Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

Third, consider that Qora's internal Asset Exchange is about to cut on in a few days, which is a benefit.  I've not verified, but from what I've heard QORA will be the only crypto with a built-in dividend payment system.  I've used NXT for a long time and I own quite a few assets.  Paying dividends has been a huge hassle for many of the asset managers because the payment process is 100% manual.
+high fees, making small investments nonprofitable...this is big chance for issuers and Qora

If indeed dividend goes automatically many people that created assets will be interested in this feature and pull their business to Qora.

Which offcourse would be great to see.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:30:22 PM

Hello y install the new v14 but when i want restaure my wallet we ask me the seed ? I have just my wallet save and one of my number account.An idea for the seed ?

thx

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:03:16 PM

Third, consider that Qora's internal Asset Exchange is about to cut on in a few days, which is a benefit.  I've not verified, but from what I've heard QORA will be the only crypto with a built-in dividend payment system.  I've used NXT for a long time and I own quite a few assets.  Paying dividends has been a huge hassle for many of the asset managers because the payment process is 100% manual.
+high fees, making small investments nonprofitable...this is big chance for issuers and Qora

If indeed dividend goes automatically many people that created assets will be interested in this feature and pull their business to Qora.

Which offcourse would be great to see.

Maybe we should be cautious to give away Qoras code then to the SuperNET?

NXT would love to have this function as would a few other coins.
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:15:10 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 05:34:11 PM by atchoum6760

Hello y install the new v14 but when i want restaure my wallet we ask me the seed ? I have just my wallet save and one of my number account.An idea for the seed ?

thx

Run the previous version...  go to File -> Debug -> Console...  input the following command GET wallet/seed.

Or you can just copy your old wallet folder to the v14 folder but make sure to get/save your seed regardless.

Perfect thx !

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:13:05 PM

I am going to invest into the supernet ipo. I was thinking of creating an asset for x tokens in the ae.

I will also setup a asset that will give out free quota via dividends. Keep an eye out!

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

Is the Qora AE going to be tested on testnet prior to release?
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:35:47 PM

Testing is needed for regular devs . We have a genius Wink

All jokes aside, I think that is what the dev is doing, ironing out any bugs before we go live.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

ed_teech

Activity: 508

Jahaha

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:18:21 PM

How is AE doing ? When will it be released ?
Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:28:48 PM

How is AE doing ? When will it be released ?

In two days Smiley (8. September)
Vrontis

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 11:11:18 PM

Testing is needed for regular devs . We have a genius Wink

All jokes aside, I think that is what the dev is doing, ironing out any bugs before we go live.

Yes, this is true

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:36:40 AM

Any objective reason for the recent price increase?

Is there a whitepaper or anything about how the POS works and what makes it different from e.g. NXT's POS?

I think there are a few reasons playing off of one another.  First, as has been the case, this isn't a clone of another coin.  IMHO, that does give some validity to the project.  Next, trading has been very slow for a while and before that we saw a lot of bored/weak hands dump their stakes they purchased in the IPO.  This means that the overwhelming amount of Qora holders are doing just that, holding or continuing to slowly buy.  In other words, the market has seemed to stagnante at the bottom and we are about to see another MASSIVE wave of investment or dumping (if tradional market analysis holds true.)

I think all of these factors must be taken into account.  Many worthless coins have seen better marketcap than QORA recently, but Qora (the dev) has steadily worked on this project.  If he continues to release features within QORA that exist elsewhere, but slowly innovates a better implementation, this coin can only remain silent for so long.

People will start to notice and it will inevitably take off.

The risk factors of investing in QORA are that the code is (not yet) open source.  But, I'm always quick to point out that this thing is written in Java.  If you have dev background at all, it's easy-peasy to decompile and inspect.  The other risk factor (IMHO) is that since Qora is anonymous and is the sole dev, if he were to *disappear*, then the coin would slowly die as well because the community isn't yet mature enough to dig into the Java modules, extract and figure out the java code, and further manage the project.

In a nutshell, that is about as "objective" as I can be.  These are my opinions but I've tries to base that off of emotionless investment and keen observation.  QORA is currently a hedge for me which I hope pays off.  I highly suspect it will but it might take some time to pick up steam.

Your posts are very interesting
Do you want to be our Jl777?  Grin
pt

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:08:15 AM

What ever happened to the sharecoin funds that were locked up at poloniex? Was any of it
ever given back to the owners? Lets just say that was a bad day for me.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

What ever happened to the sharecoin funds that were locked up at poloniex? Was any of it
ever given back to the owners? Lets just say that was a bad day for me.

Since there's no chance to figure out who lost their coins and how much it's been decided to make a dev fund out of it. So Poloniex owner transferred all coins to qora.

mybabyin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

I have noticed that the price of Qora is rising.What happened?Is there any good news or updates from dev?
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:30:57 AM

I have noticed that the price of Qora is rising.What happened?Is there any good news or updates from dev?

Nothing at  all....

Only the second or 3rd coin to have a asset exchnage and maybe the first to have dividends...

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:58:15 AM

Looks like all dumpers finally dumped their coins and Qora start growing its real value. Also AE is going to be released soon which shows that the dev is more dedicated to the coin than ever.

rabbiter

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:05:07 AM

Actually it's more to do with the buzz that surrounded Qora as a possibility for SuperNET.

Coupled with that a realisation that Qora has the killer feature of dividend payments which doesn't seem exciting but once people start using assets they will understand.

AE helps, but we have know AE is coming for a few weeks.
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:15:30 AM

Is there a whitepaper or anything about how the POS works and what makes it different from e.g. NXT's POS?

I think there are a few reasons playing off of one another.  First, as has been the case, this isn't a clone of another coin.  IMHO, that does give some validity to the project.  Next, trading has been very slow for a while and before that we saw a lot of bored/weak hands dump their stakes they purchased in the IPO.  This means that the overwhelming amount of Qora holders are doing just that, holding or continuing to slowly buy.  In other words, the market has seemed to stagnante at the bottom and we are about to see another MASSIVE wave of investment or dumping (if tradional market analysis holds true.)

I think all of these factors must be taken into account.  Many worthless coins have seen better marketcap than QORA recently, but Qora (the dev) has steadily worked on this project.  If he continues to release features within QORA that exist elsewhere, but slowly innovates a better implementation, this coin can only remain silent for so long.

The risk factors of investing in QORA are that the code is (not yet) open source.  But, I'm always quick to point out that this thing is written in Java.  If you have dev background at all, it's easy-peasy to decompile and inspect.  The other risk factor (IMHO) is that since Qora is anonymous and is the sole dev, if he were to *disappear*, then the coin would slowly die as well because the community isn't yet mature enough to dig into the Java modules, extract and figure out the java code, and further manage the project.

In a nutshell, that is about as "objective" as I can be.  These are my opinions but I've tries to base that off of emotionless investment and keen observation.  QORA is currently a hedge for me which I hope pays off.  I highly suspect it will but it might take some time to pick up steam.

Good post!

NXT is a great hedge for bitcoin, and Qora is a great hedge for NXT. If you own some of all three, then your chances of doing well increase.
rabbiter

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:19:54 AM

Good post!

NXT is a great hedge for bitcoin, and Qora is a great hedge for NXT. If you own some of all three, then your chances of doing well increase.

Exactly!

Even the NXT guys admit it's a 'backup'
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:30:43 AM

omg, poloniex having troubles with withdrawals again  Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: