Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:42:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:20:24 AM

http://www.cyberfarmsystems.com is now actively soliciting Bitcoin donations. They are trying to feed the world through innovative use of technology. I have been asking then go accept Bitcoin for a long time and they've finally done it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Douglas-Mallette/126597571796

Douglas Mallette
September 23
A call out to all my contacts: I need help from a bitcoin expert. Please message me.

Douglas Mallette shared a link.
September 30
Have bitcoins? Want to donate some for something good? CFS has a bitcoin donate option now! Visit www.cyberfarmsystems.com and see!

They look more like a company than an NPO, LightRider.

Also, it looks like he's been accepting bitcoins since June, 2012: https://blockchain.info/tx/01dd3b0ce9c16864612a70df2ca02bdef068d9032d28dce1f2718535d66cbc9e
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:51:44 AM

http://www.cyberfarmsystems.com is now actively soliciting Bitcoin donations. They are trying to feed the world through innovative use of technology. I have been asking then go accept Bitcoin for a long time and they've finally done it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Douglas-Mallette/126597571796

Douglas Mallette
September 23
A call out to all my contacts: I need help from a bitcoin expert. Please message me.

Douglas Mallette shared a link.
September 30
Have bitcoins? Want to donate some for something good? CFS has a bitcoin donate option now! Visit www.cyberfarmsystems.com and see!

They look more like a company than an NPO, LightRider.

Also, it looks like he's been accepting bitcoins since June, 2012: https://blockchain.info/tx/01dd3b0ce9c16864612a70df2ca02bdef068d9032d28dce1f2718535d66cbc9e

Yes I was surprised to learn this recently, and actually those early transactions are from his personal friend to his personal accounts and he decided to use that address for CFS. In any case, anyone feeling charitable is certainly welcome to contribute to a good cause. This is an effort sympathetic to the Zeitgeist Movement and a resource based economy.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:36:00 PM

Hi,
I know of an NPO called Life Line Association that resides in Israel.
They are working on improving the quality of life and saving lives in Israel, mostly for people with rare diseases or complications looking for help to afford costly medical treatments.
A couple of friends of mine have a son with Canavan's disease, a genetic disease affecting the brain similarly to multiple sclerosis but starts in the womb and progressing much more quickly.
I'd like to help them and the NPO they're getting donations from to accept bitcoins.
I'm a developer so I can help them technically and I would like to donate about 0.5 BTC from my own wallet.
Thanks,
David K.

We're going to need a link to a website from David for this one, Rassah. I'm at a lost as to which site it is.

Just got it in e-mail http://www.kavlachayim.co.il/?categoryId=76602
Sounds fine to me. Anyone have objections?

EDIT: By the way, I noticed we got moved into "Services." *shakes fist at mods*
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:41:13 PM

Looks like The Tutu Project is right up our alley, and looks like a fine candidate to receive a $1K USD endowment via bitcoins from Bitcoin 100. Send them an email, and get the ball a rollin'!

E-mail sent.

Reply received:

Linda L.

Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for your kind offer and I'll discuss it with our business manager.

Warm regards,
Linda

Guess we either wait, or chuck this one off to "we'll get back to you later" which means never?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

More

Frankie
Dear Sally,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate the mission of The Nexus Fund.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early BitCoin adopters to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in BitCoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good helping your grantees fight atrocities.

@Dmitry, Sally is a friend of mine who works at the same coworking space as I do. She is smart and friendly and works hard to make sure organizations on the ground in Africa are able to prevent and respond to mass atrocities in the most effective way. A $1,000 donation would be a big help with their projects.

Good luck!

I asked for a description of what it is they actually do, since the website just has vague goals without specifics.

Her reply:

Absolutely! Here's more info. I know it might not seem as "sexy" as something like a direct services organization (Charity:Water or the SPCA, for example), but I will tell you that as long as these areas are not being funded and explored, the amazing people and organizations trying to fight to end atrocities will not be able to do so effectively, because they are severely under-resourced, siloed in their efforts, and lacking in the skills and knowledge to more effectively do their work. So I hope that helps to explain our strategy. Please let me know if you have more questions!
Our four areas of focus are:

• Innovation: Access to support and funding for innovative ideas and projects to prevent mass atrocities; identify and engage technologists, innovators and social entrepreneurs best placed to solve specific problems facing communities and organizations on the ground in at-risk areas; and providing grants for innovative, potentially game-changing projects that emerge from this collaboration, with a commitment to taking risks to uncover innovative solutions.
  • Community Building: A community of practice for more effective collaboration and sharing of information, through convenings, networking, and opportunities for collaboration in person and online.
  • Professional Development: Opportunities for practitioners to learn the skills and knowledge they need to be effective, including a Civil Society Exchange Program to allow practitioners to work in-person with key organizations around the world to share knowledge and best practices.
  • Research: The gathering and dissemination of information on pressing topics that directly affect the atrocity prevention community, including Retrospective Grants for highly experienced professionals in the atrocity prevention community to reflect and capture lessons learned and best practices. Nexus is completing a global directory of the atrocity prevention community in order facilitate networking and collaboration, and identify gaps and areas of need; this directory will be made available on the Nexus website.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:53:07 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 07:31:17 PM by Rassah

And a few more:

Matthew K.

Hello Rassah,

I'm on the fundraising committee for a non profit agency called Last Door Recovery Society (www.lastdoor.org). I spoke with a staff member at a Toronto non profit that turned me on to your website and told me a bit about bitcoin.

I think the $1000 donation would entice my organization to accept Bitcoin for donation.

Do we qualify (we are a registered Canadian charity)? And if so how do we go about setting up a Bitcoin donation option on our website? (http://www.lastdoor.org/online-payments/)

Thanks for your time,

Matthew

Seems legit to me. This one was actually introduced to us by that Pathways to Education Canuck with whom I had a very lovely dinner and discussion in Toronto this past weekend.

Frankie

to Mark, me

Dear Mark,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. He's looking for nonpolitical, nonreligious organizations and I think he might like Washington Improv Theater.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early BitCoin adopters to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in BitCoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good supporting more of the awesome programs you put on with W.I.T.

@Dmitry, Mark is a friend of mine who has been Washington Improv Theater's executive director for years. He works tirelessly to organize classes for folks in DC to build confidence and have fun learning the art of improv comedy and put on shows. Like most arts programs, their efforts rarely break even, so they rely heavily on the generosity of the community and private funders. A $1,000 donation would make a big difference for their work.

Good luck!

I'm a bit more ambivalent about this one. Pros/cons/ideas?
EDIT: Actually I'm ok with this one too. Still, feedback would be appreciated.

I'm thinking that maybe Phinneas shouldn't be the only one to vet all of these. I try to a bit, too, but it may be a bit overwhelming for just him. So, if anyone else could take the time to look these over, that would be appreciated.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:32:14 PM

Frankie strikes again:

to Laurie, me
Dear Laurie,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will love Pathways Togo.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early adopters of an amazing currency called BitCoins (if you haven't heard of them, this might help) to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in BitCoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good for the women you work with in Togo.

@Dmitry, Laurie is a friend of mine whose husband is on my wife's work team. She's a former Peace Corps volunteer and started Pathways Togo with two friends to provide educational scholarships, mentoring and life skills training for young women in the village where they'd worked. A $1,000 donation would make a big difference helping the young women succeed and fulfill their potential.

Good luck!

+1 from me.

to Androniki, me
Dear Niki,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate Common Good City Farm.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early adopters of an amazing currency called BitCoins (if you haven't heard of them, this might help) to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in BitCoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good for the farm's outreach and education efforts.

@Dmitry, Niki is a friend of mine with a great passion for food. I met her when she worked for a fair trade chocolate company; she now volunteers for a wonderful farm in downtown D.C. that helps educate low income DC residents about food production and healthy eating. I know they could do a lot of good with $1,000.

Good luck!

This one seems fine to me too.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:39:17 AM

Frankie

to Mark, me

Dear Mark,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. He's looking for nonpolitical, nonreligious organizations and I think he might like Washington Improv Theater.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good supporting more of the awesome programs you put on with W.I.T.

@Dmitry, Mark is a friend of mine who has been Washington Improv Theater's executive director for years. He works tirelessly to organize classes for folks in DC to build confidence and have fun learning the art of improv comedy and put on shows. Like most arts programs, their efforts rarely break even, so they rely heavily on the generosity of the community and private funders. A $1,000 donation would make a big difference for their work.

Good luck!

Phinn is being busy, no one else is willing to comment, and these guys moved FAST!

http://washingtonimprovtheater.com/pages.php?pageName=donatetowit

So, hopefully my judgement is good enough, and $1,000 sent
https://blockchain.info/tx/37eb75f7c39266358161e5b33bfe75caf279fd93dc585d7735f7e536bbffb4fc
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:59:10 AM

Does Mars One qualify for this? It accepts bitcoins now.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

Phinn is being busy, no one else is willing to comment, and these guys moved FAST!

https://blockchain.info/tx/37eb75f7c39266358161e5b33bfe75caf279fd93dc585d7735f7e536bbffb4fc

Good enough for me, Rassah.

Bitcoin100.org charity page updated.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:09:42 PM

Hi,
They are working on improving the quality of life and saving lives in Israel, mostly for people with rare diseases or complications looking for help to afford costly medical treatments.
A couple of friends of mine have a son with Canavan's disease, a genetic disease affecting the brain similarly to multiple sclerosis but starts in the womb and progressing much more quickly.
I'd like to help them and the NPO they're getting donations from to accept bitcoins.
I'm a developer so I can help them technically and I would like to donate about 0.5 BTC from my own wallet.
Thanks,
David K.

We're going to need a link to a website from David for this one, Rassah. I'm at a lost as to which site it is.

BadBear started his period, hence the move.  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:11:28 PM

Looks like The Tutu Project is right up our alley, and looks like a fine candidate to receive a $1K USD endowment via bitcoins from Bitcoin 100. Send them an email, and get the ball a rollin'!

E-mail sent.

Reply received:

Linda L.

Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for your kind offer and I'll discuss it with our business manager.

Warm regards,
Linda

Guess we either wait, or chuck this one off to "we'll get back to you later" which means never?

Care to guess again! While in Las Vegas, I'll be donning a pink tutu--for two days--in spirit of their fine organization, The Tutu Project.

Bruno Kucinskas a.k.a. TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:17:36 PM

Frankie

to Mark, me

Dear Mark,

Good luck!

I'm a couple behind now, but the vetting process is quite simple. I check to make sure that the domain has been registered for a decent amount of time, then check the Wayback Machine to make sure their site has been live for close to the same amount of time.

I also check to make sure none of the principles are bitcoiners looking for a freebie, of which has been attempted, but not necessarily on purpose. Also, I check to make sure they are not religious- or politically-based.

Bonus points awarded if there's a goat on their home page.  Grin

Time to shower, then off to see edd. Having dinner tonight with him at probably Ruth's Christ Steak House.

Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:30:02 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 04:45:24 AM by Rassah

I'm a couple behind now, but the vetting process is quite simple. I check to make sure that the domain has been registered for a decent amount of time, then check the Wayback Machine to make sure their site has been live for close to the same amount of time.

I also check to make sure none of the principles are bitcoiners looking for a freebie, of which has been attempted, but not necessarily on purpose. Also, I check to make sure they are not religious- or politically-based.

Bonus points awarded if there's a goat on their home page.  Grin

Time to shower, then off to see edd. Having dinner tonight with him at probably Ruth's Christ Steak House.

Bruno Kucinskas

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha, no  Angry
You are not getting off that easy. Here's more for you:

francisco d

Hello i saw your website and i think its fabulous, we are a league against aids inc a non profit company.

Please check us out, heres our info.

http://www.leagueagainstaids.com/32.html

Here's our reddit post.

http://redd.it/1s6fgq

Thank you for your time,

A league against aids miami.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:45:00 AM

Another donation sent

Hi Dmitry,

I just got our website updated with a bitcoin donation button and landing page.
Hold shift-f5 to reload our website live instead of from your browsers cache.

You can see the landing page here: http://www.lastdoor.org/main/bitcoin.html
You can see the button here: http://www.lastdoor.org/

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks kindly,

Matthew Kalenuik, I.C.A.D.C
Addictions Counsellor

https://blockchain.info/tx/3fc27d0a64f863f6030b815a10586bf3892db48a29c9ea5824cbca23294d8df5

We may just run out of money yet! (Haha, who am I kidding)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 11:58:48 AM

Another donation sent

Hi Dmitry,

I just got our website updated with a bitcoin donation button and landing page.
Hold shift-f5 to reload our website live instead of from your browsers cache.

You can see the landing page here: http://www.lastdoor.org/main/bitcoin.html
You can see the button here: http://www.lastdoor.org/

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks kindly,

Matthew Kalenuik, I.C.A.D.C
Addictions Counsellor

https://blockchain.info/tx/3fc27d0a64f863f6030b815a10586bf3892db48a29c9ea5824cbca23294d8df5

We may just run out of money yet! (Haha, who am I kidding)

Bitcoin100.org updated!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:57:06 PM

Good enough for me, Rassah.

Bitcoin100.org charity page updated.

You're joking, right! An improv theatre?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Seriously, I like them too.

Bruno Kucinskas

PS: Had dinner with edd last night. Great guy! Look forward to seeing him again in Vegas.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:13:29 PM

Hi,
Thanks,
David K.

This one looks fine, Rassah.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:16:27 PM

More

Frankie
Dear Sally,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He just donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate the mission of The Nexus Fund.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money could do a lot of good helping your grantees fight atrocities.

@Dmitry, Sally is a friend of mine who works at the same coworking space as I do. She is smart and friendly and works hard to make sure organizations on the ground in Africa are able to prevent and respond to mass atrocities in the most effective way. A $1,000 donation would be a big help with their projects.

Good luck!

I asked for a description of what it is they actually do, since the website just has vague goals without specifics.

Her reply:

Absolutely! Here's more info. I know it might not seem as "sexy" as something like a direct services organization (Charity:Water or the SPCA, for example), but I will tell you that as long as these areas are not being funded and explored, the amazing people and organizations trying to fight to end atrocities will not be able to do so effectively, because they are severely under-resourced, siloed in their efforts, and lacking in the skills and knowledge to more effectively do their work. So I hope that helps to explain our strategy. Please let me know if you have more questions!
Our four areas of focus are:

• Innovation: Access to support and funding for innovative ideas and projects to prevent mass atrocities; identify and engage technologists, innovators and social entrepreneurs best placed to solve specific problems facing communities and organizations on the ground in at-risk areas; and providing grants for innovative, potentially game-changing projects that emerge from this collaboration, with a commitment to taking risks to uncover innovative solutions.
  • Community Building: A community of practice for more effective collaboration and sharing of information, through convenings, networking, and opportunities for collaboration in person and online.
  • Professional Development: Opportunities for practitioners to learn the skills and knowledge they need to be effective, including a Civil Society Exchange Program to allow practitioners to work in-person with key organizations around the world to share knowledge and best practices.
  • Research: The gathering and dissemination of information on pressing topics that directly affect the atrocity prevention community, including Retrospective Grants for highly experienced professionals in the atrocity prevention community to reflect and capture lessons learned and best practices. Nexus is completing a global directory of the atrocity prevention community in order facilitate networking and collaboration, and identify gaps and areas of need; this directory will be made available on the Nexus website.

We're going to have take a little more time on this one. They get an A+ for verbiage.  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:21:02 PM

And a few more:

Matthew K.

Hello Rassah,

I'm on the fundraising committee for a non profit agency called Last Door Recovery Society (www.lastdoor.org). I spoke with a staff member at a Toronto non profit that turned me on to your website and told me a bit about bitcoin.

I think the $1000 donation would entice my organization to accept Bitcoin for donation.

Do we qualify (we are a registered Canadian charity)? And if so how do we go about setting up a Bitcoin donation option on our website? (http://www.lastdoor.org/online-payments/)

Thanks for your time,

Matthew

Seems legit to me. This one was actually introduced to us by that Pathways to Education Canuck with whom I had a very lovely dinner and discussion in Toronto this past weekend.

Frankie

to Mark, me

Dear Mark,

Good luck!

I'm thinking that maybe Phinneas shouldn't be the only one to vet all of these. I try to a bit, too, but it may be a bit overwhelming for just him. So, if anyone else could take the time to look these over, that would be appreciated.

lastdoor.org looks fine, Rassah.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: