Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262671 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

Dear Amanda,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He recently donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate the work you're doing with the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early adopters of an amazing currency called bitcoins (if you're not too familiar with them them, this might help) to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in bitcoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. Your processor can immediately convert the donation into USD if you like, so you don't actually have to hold bitcoins in your account at all. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money would make a valuable difference for North Koreans.

@Dmitry, I met Amanda at a class at the Foundation Center. She's smart and very nice and works for a great organization: the bipartisan Committee for Human Rights in North Korea works to end North Korea's gulags and bring more information and freedoms to the people of the country. They could make a big difference with a $1,000 donation.

Good luck!

Our guidelines are "non-political," and I think this one still qualifies, as they focus on human rights abuses, not politics.

I'd tell you what. http://hrnk.org/ has a lot of influencial names on their board/staff/etc., thus a lot of eyeballs would see a Bitcoin donation option on their website if they opt to embed.

Overall, it looks fine, as well, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:35:14 PM

Dear Jessica,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He recently donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will be eager to support the great work of the National Kidney Foundation.

Dmitry's foundation is called BitCoin100. They arose out of the generosity of a few early adopters of an amazing currency called bitcoins (if you're not too familiar with them them, this might help) to promote the value of the currency for nonprofits: when donors make their donations in bitcoins, the recipient nonprofit keeps 100% (hence the name). None of the funds are lost to credit card or processing fees.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. Your processor can immediately convert the donation into USD if you like, so you don't actually have to hold bitcoins in your account at all. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money would make a valuable difference for fighting kidney disease.

@Dmitry, I met Jessica at a class at the Foundation Center. She is a development manager for the National Kidney Foundation. They're dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease in America. They have made a difference for hundreds of thousands of people and could do a lot with a $1,000 donation.

Good luck!

Definitely no issues with this one. Though, since I have had kidney stones before, twice, there may be a conflict of interest for me  Grin

At least you got to go to San Jose while I popped pills.

kidney.org looks fine as well.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:54:09 PM

Sara,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He recently donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate the work your organizations are doing.

BitCoin100 donates $1,000 to selected nonprofits who agree to accept the currency on their donation page. Your processor can immediately convert the donation into USD if you like, so you don't actually have to hold bitcoins in your account at all. It doesn't take much work to get it set up, but I know the money would make a valuable difference for incarcerated people and homeless kids.

@Dmitry, I met Sara at a class at the Foundation Center. She is a passionate do-gooder who works as a volunteer fundraiser for two organizations. One is called Voices for a Second Chance: they provide services for people incarcerated in D.C. jails. The other is Bright Beginnings: they provide child care for homeless children. Both organizations could make a big difference with a $1,000 donation.

Good luck!

Would we only be funding one of the charities as before?

Both look fine, but keep us abreast on these two, Rassah.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:55:25 PM

Bruno, thank you for going through all the candidates in detail every time!
I really have to reserve some time to ocassionaly chime in on this too..

Ente
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:03:06 AM

Ente

Stop in anytime to double check and vett any NPO that's being considered. The same is true for anybody reading this thread whether you are a member of Bitcoin 100 or not. The more eyeballs, the better.

Virtually, everything that Bitcoin 100 is doing/does is transparent. At this penning, I'm hard-pressed to offer up an example of anything we do behind the scenes to counter that statement.

Sometimes, we may not be the most organized charity, but for what we are and what we do, we'll accomplished a helluva lot. <not meant as a pat on my/our back(s)>

~Bruno Kucinskas
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:37:39 AM

Ente

Stop in anytime to double check and vett any NPO that's being considered. The same is true for anybody reading this thread whether you are a member of Bitcoin 100 or not. The more eyeballs, the better.

Virtually, everything that Bitcoin 100 is doing/does is transparent. At this penning, I'm hard-pressed to offer up an example of anything we do behind the scenes to counter that statement.

Sometimes, we may not be the most organized charity, but for what we are and what we do, we'll accomplished a helluva lot. <not meant as a pat on my/our back(s)>

~Bruno Kucinskas

You sure do deserve that pat, that list on http://bitcoin100.org/charities/ is gorgeous!
*pats on your back*

That goes out to everybody involved here, Rassah, Edd, and all the others: Great job, I love it!

And I was asked to tell all of you a great 'thank you' on behalf of the BeWelcome community - a lot of eyes were on the donation discussion, this move was greatly appreciated.

Ente
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:03:37 PM

I am guessing this one is already pre-approved?

Aloha,

My name is Elyse and I work with a non-profit organization called the International Tea Farms Alliance (www.teafarms.org). We are in the process of restructuring the organization and website and we are very interested in taking Bitcoin as donations.

The mission of the non-profit is to create a bridge between tea growers and tea lovers. Funds are used to host International Tea Festivals where tea growers travel around the world to connect with each other, collaborate, and provide education and transparency to tea lovers (consumers).

I met Bruno (phinnaeus gage) at Inside Bitcoins in Las Vegas and he told me all about your effort and advocacy for Bitcoin, and I love it, and want to get involved in any way.

The non-profit is based in Japan, I hope that isn't a problem.

Look forward to hearing back,

--
Elyse Petersen
Founder, Tealet
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:04:51 PM

Also this

my name is Romy and I am from Berlin, Germany. I work for a NGO which helps children from arabian countries to get free tutoring. I really would like to know how to register for bitcoin100.
Our website:http://www.schuelerpaten-berlin.de/index.php
I really really appreciate the help.

Thank you!!

Romy
SeansOutpost

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Hey guys,

Ballet Pensacola a non-profit professional dance company in Pensacola is now accepting bitcoin for donations. I just got them setup today.

Here is the link to their website...

http://www.balletpensacola.com/?page_id=1388

They are a registered 501c3 and have been in business for over 35 years.

Can we get them some Bitcoin100 love?

-Jason

I run Sean's Outpost a Bitcoin fueled homeless outreach in Pensacola, FL. Over 140,000 meals fed with BTC donations.You can donate to Sean's Outpost at... 38ccq12hPFoiSksxUdr6SQ5VosyjY7s9AU
eggen4jc

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:04:19 PM

Our charity provides safe homes and a great life for homeless children in Bolivia.  In our first day accepting bitcoins the community gave enough to support a child in a home for one month!  So impressed with the bitcoin community.  Hope to get added to Bitcoin 100 - www.kayachildren.org/bitcoin
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:30:30 PM

Our charity provides safe homes and a great life for homeless children in Bolivia.  In our first day accepting bitcoins the community gave enough to support a child in a home for one month!  So impressed with the bitcoin community.  Hope to get added to Bitcoin 100 - www.kayachildren.org/bitcoin

Hi. Since Phinneas seems to be busy, I went ahead and checked out your charity. Everything seems fine, so $1,000 donation has been sent
http://blockchain.info/tx/d19a935c6d78fe19e2aa9e6ebbc488b371920f20480b29a9bb49ade3733463f5
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:45:07 PM

To Brock, me

Dmitry, Brock is currently involved with War Child Canada and has expressed an interest in the Bitcoin 100. Brock, from here, just let Dmitry know that you're interested along with a link to the War Child site and let him know that you are looking to implement it within your organization.

Dmitry, I would love to get the ball rolling on helping War Child accept Bitcoin donations. Here is the link to our site: www.warchild.ca (we have a splash page up for the holidays, FYI)
Hi Dmitry,

We are live - http://www.warchild.ca/bitcoin

Thanks for all the help to date, and let me know if there is anything else I can do in the future for Bitcoin100.

Donation sent http://blockchain.info/tx/d20f411888b05b05db6a7b4a5771ce73ba935b270156e125274e4d38f81c8266

I sent the donation before checking whether their bitcoin donation page has a link from their main page. I can't find one. My mistake. I contacted Brock and asked him to fix that. I'm confident he will.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Hey guys,

Ballet Pensacola a non-profit professional dance company in Pensacola is now accepting bitcoin for donations. I just got them setup today.

-Jason

Love given https://blockchain.info/tx/c98b3a1022df702bace402a83e0f4ed6fb81f6a127f5cca6294dfb7681007b68
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:54:39 PM

More furballs needing money

drew@bitcoinnotbombs.com

Hi Rassa,

A twitter follower of ours sent me a link to the SPCA's BC store
front. He has been slowly talking to the bosses about accepting
bitcoin and in the shopping cart shopify system they use he was able
to at least sell the shops new shirts and take general donations for
bitcoin. He noted that his bosses are still not to hot on promoting
bitcoin on the site and having a donation widget on the main page. I
can appreciate his patience with the upper brass but maybe Bitcoin100
would like to help get the ball rolling.

I find this to be a very worth wile charity but maybe they don't fit
your criteria. I would understand in that's the case but here is the
twitter accounts of the pro bitcoin employee..

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrett

And the general donation item can be found at http://shop.spca.bc.ca/

I don't think the main twitter account has been actively promoting
bitcoin but this account is part of Chris Brett's department.

https://twitter.com/pawsforacause

Thanks again for all you do, if you need help getting looped in with
Chris let me know.

Best,
Drew

Checked them out. They seem fine. I'd say go ahead. Phinneas?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:14:45 PM

And some more for Phinn to review:

Hello Rassah,

My name is Andrew, and I am contacting you today on behalf of Circadian Sleep Disorders Network. We are a 501c3, all-volunteer organization. I personally am currently in discussion with the board for us to add Bitcoin as a payment option for donations and membership dues.

Our Mission Statement: Circadian Sleep Disorders Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with chronic circadian rhythm disorders.
We aim to increase awareness within the medical community and among the general public, to provide emotional support and practical ideas for people living with these disorders, to encourage research into circadian rhythms, and to advocate for accommodations in education and employment for people with circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

Website link: http://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/

If Bitcoin100 is able to help us with a donation, it will not only tremendously help our cause, but it will help me to assuage the board's reservations on Bitcoin.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. 
Best Regards,
Andrew Wall
Member, Board of Directors
Circadian Sleep Disorders Network
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:44:45 AM

I am guessing this one is already pre-approved?

Aloha,

My name is Elyse and I work with a non-profit organization called the International Tea Farms Alliance (www.teafarms.org). We are in the process of restructuring the organization and website and we are very interested in taking Bitcoin as donations.

The mission of the non-profit is to create a bridge between tea growers and tea lovers. Funds are used to host International Tea Festivals where tea growers travel around the world to connect with each other, collaborate, and provide education and transparency to tea lovers (consumers).

I met Bruno (phinnaeus gage) at Inside Bitcoins in Las Vegas and he told me all about your effort and advocacy for Bitcoin, and I love it, and want to get involved in any way.

The non-profit is based in Japan, I hope that isn't a problem.

Look forward to hearing back,

--
Elyse Petersen
Founder, Tealet

I'm going to have to offer up a full disclosure statement on this one.

I did meet with Elyse in LV, and if anybody looks at pics from the Inside Bitcoins conference, she'll be the one with pinkish hair. Rumor has it that there were some crazily dressed people in attendance.  Roll Eyes

At any rate, she told me about her tea org, whereupon I expressed to her to contact us publicly, i.e. this forum/this quote (above), and that she wouldn't have any problem getting endowed, this in spite of the fact that she was already a Bitcoiner, but I believing, in my mind, at the time, fairly new. Later, I learnt she was a Bitcoiner longer than I envisioned via Google.

Bottomline, all else is fine with her and her tea org, and warrants an endowment due mainly to my word to her that she would have no problem obtaining such.

I duly hope that this doesn't affect her chances, requesting, again, a little latitude in this regard.

Beside that particular conversation, and one other later between her, I and Josh, I had/have no other relationship with her.

That's that for full disclosure, Rassah, and if nobody objects within the next couple days, please take of this matter.

Thank you.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:03:11 AM

Also this

my name is Romy and I am from Berlin, Germany. I work for a NGO which helps children from arabian countries to get free tutoring. I really would like to know how to register for bitcoin100.
Our website:http://www.schuelerpaten-berlin.de/index.php
I really really appreciate the help.

Thank you!!

Romy

To me, it looks like Romy is asking how to register for Bitcoin 100 seeing how her venerable cause can get endowed, even though her site's been accepting bitcoins since at least November of last year.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:14:35 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 05:39:26 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Hey guys,

-Jason

Very funny, Jason. Did you go outta you way to hunt them down?

They pass, but I'm warning you, the next time you pull a stunt like this...

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:17:48 AM

Hi. Since Phinneas seems to be busy, I went ahead and checked out your charity. Everything seems fine, so $1,000 donation has been sent
http://blockchain.info/tx/d19a935c6d78fe19e2aa9e6ebbc488b371920f20480b29a9bb49ade3733463f5

Good call! Great org!

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:21:04 AM

To Brock, me

Dmitry, Brock is currently involved with War Child Canada and has expressed an interest in the Bitcoin 100. Brock, from here, just let Dmitry know that you're interested along with a link to the War Child site and let him know that you are looking to implement it within your organization.

Dmitry, I would love to get the ball rolling on helping War Child accept Bitcoin donations. Here is the link to our site: www.warchild.ca (we have a splash page up for the holidays, FYI)
Hi Dmitry,

We are live - http://www.warchild.ca/bitcoin

Thanks for all the help to date, and let me know if there is anything else I can do in the future for Bitcoin100.

Donation sent http://blockchain.info/tx/d20f411888b05b05db6a7b4a5771ce73ba935b270156e125274e4d38f81c8266

I sent the donation before checking whether their bitcoin donation page has a link from their main page. I can't find one. My mistake. I contacted Brock and asked him to fix that. I'm confident he will.

It's there now, Rassah: http://www.warchild.ca/bitcoin?utm_content=buffera755c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: