Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262670 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:06:47 AM

Here's one with the changes you mentioned for the website if you decide to use it.

Okay! I like it as it is for the header, but would you be so kind as to do a mock-up, showing what it would look like with the "B" in "Bit" as the Bitcoin sighn/symbol and the "s" in "Counts" as a dollar sign. In my mind, it'll be like new technology meets old school.

Thank you kindly for all your efforts into doing this, to date, CBH.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 08:04:32 AM

You mean like this?

not that cool with the two ฿ that close

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:34:09 PM

There is a gambling game called Bitcoin Minefield and they are thinking of donating part of their profits to a charity if the charity would accept Bitcoins.  I suggested we (Bitcoin 100) could contact them with our incentive.  One of the charities they are looking at is http://www.icbl.org, The International Campaign to Ban Landmines.

I suggest we send them a Bitcoin 100 intro letter as the game thread has already contacted them once with the idea.  See:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28009.0

I think this would all tie together nicely!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 03:36:19 PM

There is a gambling game called Bitcoin Minefield and they are thinking of donating part of their profits to a charity if the charity would accept Bitcoins. One of the charities they are looking at is http://www.icbl.org, The International Campaign to Ban Landmines.

Jesus Christ that is hilarious irony. I can't stop laughing.

holorga

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:04:29 PM

There is a gambling game called Bitcoin Minefield and they are thinking of donating part of their profits to a charity if the charity would accept Bitcoins.  I suggested we (Bitcoin 100) could contact them with our incentive.  One of the charities they are looking at is http://www.icbl.org, The International Campaign to Ban Landmines.

I suggest we send them a Bitcoin 100 intro letter as the game thread has already contacted them once with the idea.  See:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28009.0

hey ppl, I'm running the bitcoin minefield,
this is a good idea and I pledge 5 btc, and will automatically donate 20% of the game profits to a minefield related charity if we manage to set this up. as I said in that topic, I'd prefer the demining organisation versus the lobbying one, but that's not a deal breaker.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 07:22:54 PM

There is a gambling game called Bitcoin Minefield and they are thinking of donating part of their profits to a charity if the charity would accept Bitcoins.  I suggested we (Bitcoin 100) could contact them with our incentive.  One of the charities they are looking at is http://www.icbl.org, The International Campaign to Ban Landmines.

I suggest we send them a Bitcoin 100 intro letter as the game thread has already contacted them once with the idea.  See:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28009.0

hey ppl, I'm running the bitcoin minefield,
this is a good idea and I pledge 5 btc, and will automatically donate 20% of the game profits to a minefield related charity if we manage to set this up. as I said in that topic, I'd prefer the demining organisation versus the lobbying one, but that's not a deal breaker.

Thanks to this suggestion, I've found that ICBL uses Newtwork for Good as one of their fundraising revenue streams. On NfG I found this: http://www1.networkforgood.org/sites/default/files/files/NFG_2010_990.pdf

Scrolling way down I found what they paid out to Zumix. I went to Zumix's site and found this: http://www.zumix.org/support
(scroll to bottom on right you'll see NfG Donation section)

It's this aspect that I wanted to bring to your attention.

This is what I aspire Bitcoin 100 to be one day. Not Zumix, but having that donation area similar to what NfG supplies.

Back to http://www1.networkforgood.org/sites/default/files/files/NFG_2010_990.pdf
Here, you'll see every $ to non-profits that NfG paid out. That's one hell of a list, if you ask me. One of which can be gleaned.

~Bruno~

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 07:27:31 PM

More like this.

My suggestion was the "B" in "Bit" and not "Bitcoin", but this is a hell of lot better. Damn that looks good. I'm going to put it on the site now to see how it looks. Remember, it's not written in stone, and we can always change things in the future.

Thank you, again, CBH. Great work!

~Bruno~
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:08:29 PM

You mean something horrid like this?

I don't know...I think it needs more white people.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 09:20:18 PM

I noticed you guys are struggling with a design so I put some time into a logo. Use it or don't. My contribution just the same.

Nice but the hands could be more realistic.
You mean something horrid like this?

No, I just meant that the fingers of the hands in the first image don't look right and I don't like the way the hands are cut off in the middle of the palm instead of at the wrist.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:37:53 AM

More like this.

My suggestion was the "B" in "Bit" and not "Bitcoin", but this is a hell of lot better. Damn that looks good. I'm going to put it on the site now to see how it looks. Remember, it's not written in stone, and we can always change things in the future.

~Bruno~

@CornedBeefHash I made a mistake and now need a minor correction. "Where" should be "When", then we're golden.

~Bruno~
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:41:57 AM

More like this.

~Bruno~

@CornedBeefHash I made a mistake and now need a minor correction. "Where" should be "When", then we're golden.

~Bruno~

and maybe scrap the dollar sign... if we're at it  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:45:24 AM

Let's start working with this image and see how it progresses. Perhaps start with the truism that white, black, red and yellow people populate the globe. Tighten up the Bitcoin logo image in the center, having it pronounced as much as possible. I kind of like the gray outer circles/design, but it doesn't have to be gray. Only stating that I like the concept. It kind of reminds me of TV's early Emergency Broadcast System (EBS) symbol.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:53:38 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2012, 02:17:37 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

More like this.

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

and maybe scrap the dollar sign... if we're at it  Cheesy

We can consider that, paraipan. The reason I put it in is to have it juxtaposed against the Bitcoin symbol at the beginning. Remember, that Bitcoin 100 is mainly directed toward prospective non-profits who currently deal in $. We're, in retrospect, trying to disrupt their current model, but first Bitcoin will work mano-y-mano with it.

I'm also aware that we shouldn't try to be cute with our design. For the same reason we don't use Comic Sans as the font. Although I have a strong comic side like Matthew, I need to distance from that personality when it comes to a business plan. If Bitcoin Magazine was modeled off Matthew's personality, it would be a flop. The same is true with Bitcoin 100. Although it's not meant to be humorous, having the Bitcoin sign and dollar sign located in the header logo (and it's not an official logo) will be as close as I come to incorporating any humor onto the website.

All this is open up for further discussion, BTW. Thank you, paraipan, for your input.

~Bruno~
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:55:18 AM

si señor de-mano-en-mano

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 02:00:41 AM

I am currently setting up a tv show for Occupy Melbourne and next week Im demonstrating bitcoin to a few of my mates at OM who Ive been talking to my friends there about it and they are keen to accept them as a donation method.

You could pledge to fund the rise of a tv show dedicated to the 99% and know it would be the first tv show partly founded by bitcoin.

The less we have to raise through traditional channels the better and we can get the corrupt bankers in compromising interviews etc. In return we would have a segment devoted to bitcoin in the show for such things as interviews with famous bitcoiners and how to use them/accept them etc.

This is slated to appear on channel 31 here in melbourne as a 1 hour tv show and additionally as a pirate/community radio station right in the centre of Melbourne.

What better way to promote bitcoin to people than through a community television show dedicated to all things in the social movement sphere ? 100 btc would almost fund the show for 12 months (because we are all volunteers) meaning we need to raise even less through traditional means and not have to suck advertisers ass.

Visit us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/omtvwg/

In a side note if you want to be a bitcoin reporter join the group above Cheesy

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 02:20:57 AM

We really want to avoid becoming a registered business if at all possible and bitcoin is the best way to do that imo.

The less we are in thrall to the local government the more we can hold them to account. For instance recently we found out the gov has been hiring a private company to spy on community organsations. We want to do an investigative piece on this company and expose them further. Also we will be showing the reactions of authorities to people doing such tings as taking  a nap in supposedly public owned areas but which in reality governments has signed over to private companies.

If you have any info on bankers,corporations and governments acting badly come to us first and we will expose it where shows such as sixty minutes will ignore it.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 02:25:30 AM

Here you go Bruno.

We are golden! Thanks again, CBH. You da man! Going to insert it now.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 03:01:04 AM

I am currently setting up a tv show for Occupy Melbourne and next week Im demonstrating bitcoin to a few of my mates at OM who Ive been talking to my friends there about it and they are keen to accept them as a donation method.

You could pledge to fund the rise of a tv show dedicated to the 99% and know it would be the first tv show partly founded by bitcoin.

The less we have to raise through traditional channels the better and we can get the corrupt bankers in compromising interviews etc. In return we would have a segment devoted to bitcoin in the show for such things as interviews with famous bitcoiners and how to use them/accept them etc.

This is slated to appear on channel 31 here in melbourne as a 1 hour tv show and additionally as a pirate/community radio station right in the centre of Melbourne.

What better way to promote bitcoin to people than through a community television show dedicated to all things in the social movement sphere ? 100 btc would almost fund the show for 12 months (because we are all volunteers) meaning we need to raise even less through traditional means and not have to suck advertisers ass.

We really want to avoid becoming a registered business if at all possible and bitcoin is the best way to do that imo.

The less we are in thrall to the local government the more we can hold them to account. For instance recently we found out the gov has been hiring a private company to spy on community organsations. We want to do an investigative piece on this company and expose them further. Also we will be showing the reactions of authorities to people doing such tings as taking  a nap in supposedly public owned areas but which in reality governments has signed over to private companies.

If you have any info on bankers,corporations and governments acting badly come to us first and we will expose it where shows such as sixty minutes will ignore it.

After a couple PM's to and from CryptoxMedia, and viewing this https://www.facebook.com/groups/267743436592740/
I now feel that at the very least we need to discuss what Bitcoin 100 can do for OM, if anything. CryptoxMedia, please give us any more relative information to help further your request. Thank you, Mate.

OK GO!

~Bruno~
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 03:08:04 AM

The less we are in thrall to the local government the more we can hold them to account. For instance recently we found out the gov has been hiring a private company to spy on community organsations. We want to do an investigative piece on this company and expose them further. Also we will be showing the reactions of authorities to people doing such tings as taking  a nap in supposedly public owned areas but which in reality governments has signed over to private companies.

After a couple PM's to and from CryptoxMedia, and viewing this https://www.facebook.com/groups/267743436592740/
I now feel that at the very least we need to discuss what Bitcoin 100 can do for OM, if anything. CryptoxMedia, please give us any more relative information to help further your request. Thank you, Mate.

OK GO!

~Bruno~

I pm'd you just now on what we are doing at ch99 as for OM im doing a bitcoin demo next friday/saturday. I expect there might be an official btc address appearing on occupymelbourne.org soonish.

The one reservtion  I had when trying to convince them to do this is the risk of them putting up a donation address then receiving no donations. Where bitcoin100 comes in is showing the viability of this method of online donations and then they are more likely to embrace it rather than go the paypal route.

gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 03:19:08 AM

I'm not sure I would call occupy anything a charity. They are not providing a good or service and CryptoxMedia is already heavily involved in the Bitcoin community. We will only get more Bitcoin community projects looking for donations if we do this. You should put up a donation thread like what was done for archive.org. I would donate to that seperatley.  It's a -1 for me.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: