Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 06:02:55 AM

Allinvain.

Is that a yea or nay for Rassah's request to move forward?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:40:16 AM

Allinvain.

Is that a yea or nay for Rassah's request to move forward?

Neither. It was a response to your request for a correction.

However I think any mainstream charity would be a good start. Once other charities see it's doable, they'll follow.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 03:55:51 PM

I guess it's a go, Rassah, but no furry business.  Grin

We're doing it for the cats and dogs.

~Bruno~
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 11:41:06 PM

Updated my bookkeeping sheet to make it a bit easier to read and track, and to add a list column of how much everyone pledged per charity. Dow below is a list of transactions that don't seem to belong to anyone. If you recognize your address and wish to clam it, please do. I also highlighted some cells that Phinnaeus needs to check in yellow.
The file is located here
http://goo.gl/Mk3hp

I will contact the charity I mentioned tomorrow, since today was a holiday. Most likely I will write up a letter and post it for review here, first.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 12:38:53 AM

Updated my bookkeeping sheet to make it a bit easier to read and track, and to add a list column of how much everyone pledged per charity. Dow below is a list of transactions that don't seem to belong to anyone. If you recognize your address and wish to clam it, please do. I also highlighted some cells that Phinnaeus needs to check in yellow.
The file is located here
http://goo.gl/Mk3hp

I will contact the charity I mentioned tomorrow, since today was a holiday. Most likely I will write up a letter and post it for review here, first.

I hope the following unedited personal PM's help resolve what you're looking for. If that is not the case, put re-inquire. Thanks, Rassah.

I've sent 1 BTC to the vanity address. Didn't want to clutter the thread further.

Transaction: http://blockexplorer.com/tx/a47349134391d637858abc1d2882fddb37dc8bd6363c2829c3ed4426460f102e#o1

Also, could you link bitcoin.clarkmoody.com to my name in the list in the OP of Bitcoin100 thread?

I'll match your 10 btc with 10 btc of my own.  I'll also pledge 10 Per Charitable Organization.

I was careful not to attack your work on bitcoin100, I appreciate your effort and I think it benefits the bitcoin community.  Hope there is no hard feelings I got agitated.

Do I send in my initial pledge now?

Thanks,
D
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 03:16:03 AM

I've sent 1 BTC to the vanity address. Didn't want to clutter the thread further.

Transaction: http://blockexplorer.com/tx/a47349134391d637858abc1d2882fddb37dc8bd6363c2829c3ed4426460f102e#o1

Also, could you link bitcoin.clarkmoody.com to my name in the list in the OP of Bitcoin100 thread?

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/13667937/a47349134391d637858abc1d2882fddb37dc8bd6363c2829c3ed4426460f102e

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

Just pounded at the keyboard with fists. Please check and improve if you can before I send this out.
Thanks!

Hi, me again.
The reason I was asking is because, although I am a part of the fandom that will be sponsoring and raising money for you at AnthroCon this summer (though I am not affiliated with AnthroCon), I am also a part of a charity fundraising group that is trying to spread knowledge of an alternative payment system.

Our group is called Bitcoin100. We are a group of 100(+) volunteers, who are simply fans of this currency/payment system, and believe that everyone would benefit from its adoption. Especially charities and others that want to be able to accept donations or payments, instantly, from around the world, without having to pay the high fees charged by PayPal or VISA/MasterCard. The premise of our group is that we have 100 people pledging to make a donation of at least 1 Bitcoin each (so currently between $400 and $600 total), if a charity is willing to add a "Donate by Bitcoin" option to their site. We will provide all the help in setting this up, and will gladly help with any issues down the road.

You will benefit from receiving a large donation right away, and from adding another free* way to accept donations from around the world (receiving Bitcoin does not cost anything, but converting it into another currency may have very small currency exchange costs. We are also in no way affiliated with currency exchange sites). This option may be as easy as simply adding some text to your donation page.

We hope to benefit by spreading awareness of the benefits of Bitcoin, with the hope that as more people see it used by various charities, the more its use will be accepted by others.

Coincidentally, the furry fandom can greatly benefit from Bitcoin as well, since it allows for free online micropayments for things like buying or trading artwork. It is my hope that having you show that you accept Bitcoin at the convention will help increase awareness among our community as well.

Please let me know whom to contact in your organization to pursue this further.

Thank you very much!

-- Dmitry
    Bitcoin100
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:16:49 PM

I simply bolded, then corrected what I found with the exception of the sentence starting with the word 'especially'--to me, doesn't read right. I'm sure, and hope, others will take a quick look at this and offer up their kind suggestions, as well.

Just pounded at the keyboard with fists. Please check and improve if you can before I send this out.
Thanks!

Hi, me again.
The reason I was asking is because, although I am a part of the fandom that will be sponsoring and raising money for you at AnthroCon this summer (though I am not affiliated with AnthroCon), I am also a part of a charity fundraising group that is trying to spread knowledge of an alternative payment system.

Our group is called Bitcoin 100. We are a group of 100(+) volunteers, who are simply fans of this currency/payment system, and believe that everyone would benefit from its adoption. Especially charities and others that want to be able to accept donations or payments, instantly, from around the world, without having to pay the high fees charged by PayPal or VISA/MasterCard. The premise of our group is that we have 100 people pledging to make a donation of at least 1 bitcoin each (so currently between $400 and $600 total), if a charity is willing to add a "Donate by Bitcoin" option to their site. We will provide all the help in setting this up, and will gladly help with any issues down the road.

You will benefit from receiving a large donation right away, and from adding another free* way to accept donations from around the world (receiving Bitcoin does not cost anything, but converting it into another currency may have very small currency exchange costs. We are also in no way affiliated with currency exchange sites). This option may be as easy as simply adding some text to your donation page.

We hope to benefit by spreading awareness of the benefits of Bitcoin, with the hope that as more people see it used by various charities, the more its use will be accepted by others.

Coincidentally, the furry fandom can greatly benefit from Bitcoin as well, since it allows for free online micropayments for things like buying or trading artwork. It is my hope that having you show that you accept Bitcoin at the convention will help increase awareness among our community as well.

Please let me know whom to contact in your organization to pursue this further.

Thank you very much!

-- Dmitry
    Bitcoin100
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 06:48:32 AM

No offense intended but I think the solid orange box look for the header logo image is not great looking.  Thinking masking the edges to transparent will end up easier on the eyes.  Just a rough draft as we'd want the fade to transparent complete before hitting image edge.  While I was in photoshop I spruced up a few things.  Didn't redesign anything as I like the concept well enough.

If there is any interest I can finish it but getting the mask right was taking a bit of time and didn't want to waste too much if it wasn't liked.

I don't give to many charities but I think this initiative is interesting and impressive.  Very nice job Bruno getting so many people on board.  Of all the threads on this board this one feels like it belongs to a "community".

I can also post up the photoshop files I saved if anyone else wants to tinker with it.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 03:58:07 PM

No offense intended but I think the solid orange box look for the header logo image is not great looking.  Thinking masking the edges to transparent will end up easier on the eyes.  Just a rough draft as we'd want the fade to transparent complete before hitting image edge.  While I was in photoshop I spruced up a few things.  Didn't redesign anything as I like the concept well enough.

If there is any interest I can finish it but getting the mask right was taking a bit of time and didn't want to waste too much if it wasn't liked.

I don't give to many charities but I think this initiative is interesting and impressive.  Very nice job Bruno getting so many people on board.  Of all the threads on this board this one feels like it belongs to a "community".

I can also post up the photoshop files I saved if anyone else wants to tinker with it.

Nice work and effort on your part, amencon. I have it in place now at http://bitcoin100.org/. I had to re-size it to get a height of 139pxs. On the upper left and right side of your design, it's white. The color I'm using as the background is #effafd. I wonder how it would look if that same color bled into the logo as if the image is transparent, but isn't.

Anybody else have any comments or suggestions?

~Bruno~ (not Bruno's Barbeque)
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:07:14 PM

The letter looks good. Has it been sent yet?

No. I want to give ample time for people to review.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:12:34 PM

Thanks for the nice comments.  The image should be a transparent png but was probably converted when uploaded to the free image host site I used.  I'll finish it up and resize, then I'll throw it up on my webserver for download (or can email it to you bruno, or dropbox or whatever).  Let me know the best way.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:22:52 PM

Thanks for the nice comments.  The image should be a transparent png but was probably converted when uploaded to the free image host site I used.  I'll finish it up and resize, then I'll throw it up on my webserver for download (or can email it to you bruno, or dropbox or whatever).  Let me know the best way.

I thought it was transparent. I'm the one that converted for re-sizing purposes. If you re-size it proportionally, having a height of 139pxs, I'll put that in the header. Let me know when it's done. Thanks, amencon.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:30:26 PM

The letter looks good. Has it been sent yet?

No. I want to give ample time for people to review.

The way you have it written, seems to have a personal touch to it, hence I didn't opt to heavily critique it like we did with Derek's submission(s). I only corrected and offered up a suggestion for the obvious. The way it kind of reads now is that it's from somebody who's compassionate, opposed to coming across as somebody who has an alternative motive, albeit we do, but not a nefarious one.

I suggest to you, Rassah, is to reread it several more times, making sure the grammar is best as possible, coupled with putting yourself in their shoes, thus feeling how they may perceive the letter.

~Bruno~
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

Will do! Left it alone for a day or two just so I can come back and re-read it with a fresh perspective.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 04:52:55 AM

Reviewed and edited the letter a bit. The following was sent out
Hi, me again.
The reason I was asking about your use of funds is because, although I am a part of the fandom that will be sponsoring and raising money for you at AnthroCon this summer (I am not affiliated with AnthroCon), I am also a part of a charity fundraising group that is trying to spread knowledge of an alternative payment system called Bitcoin.

Our group is called the Bitcoin 100. We are a group of 100(+) volunteers who are fans of the system, and believe that everyone would benefit from its adoption. This payment system allows people and organizations to accept donations or payments, instantly, from around the world, without having to pay the high fees charged by PayPal or VISA/MasterCard. The reason we are so in love with this system is because its extremely low fees and ease of use will help empower charities to raise money globally without paying high processing fees, and help people in more impoverished countries to send and receive money cheaply, internationally, without relying on banks or corrupt governments. For this to happen, though, there needs to be more awareness and acceptance of Bitcoin.

The premise of our group is that we have 100 people pledging to make a donation of at least 1 Bitcoin each (so currently between $400 and $600 total), if a charity is willing to add a "Donate by Bitcoin" option to their site. We will provide all the help in setting this up, and will gladly help with any issues down the road.

You will benefit from receiving a large donation right away, and from adding another free* way to accept donations from around the world. This may be as easy as simply adding some text to your donation page. (Receiving Bitcoin does not cost anything, but converting it into another currency may have very small currency exchange costs. We are not affiliated with any such services,  though, nor get any money from them.)

Coincidentally, the furry fandom can greatly benefit from Bitcoin as well, since it allows for free online micropayments for things like buying or trading artwork. It is my hope that having you show that you accept Bitcoin at the convention will help increase awareness among our furry community as well.

Please keep in mind that in order to qualify for our donation, all that you are asked to do is add an option to your website that accepts Bitcoin donations.

Please let me know whom we could contact in your organization to pursue this further.

Thank you very much!

-- Dmitry M.
   Bitcoin100

Will keep you posted.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 12:41:37 PM

Reviewed and edited the letter a bit. The following was sent out
Hi, me again.

Thank you very much!

-- Dmitry M.
   Bitcoin100

Will keep you posted.

I'm convinced, where do i have to sign ? You have a talent for this Rassah  Cheesy
Hope you don't mind if i save this letter for future reference.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 08:10:31 PM

NO!!! It was perfect til the last word--Bitcoin 100. Only kidding. Well done, Rassah!

I kept asking myself why there was an asterisks after the word free (free*), but I figured it out without even having to Google it. It's because if you didn't, and this being an email, it more than liking would hit their spam-in-box if the asterisks was not in place. Am I correct?

~Bruno~
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 08:19:23 PM

NO!!! It was perfect til the last word--Bitcoin 100. Only kidding. Well done, Rassah!

I kept asking myself why there was an asterisks after the word free (free*), but I figured it out without even having to Google it. It's because if you didn't, and this being an email, it more than liking would hit their spam-in-box if the asterisks was not in place. Am I correct?

~Bruno~

No, it's because after moving things around, I forgot to put the second asterisk in font of the parenthesis at the end of that paragraph.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 08:44:31 PM

~Bruno~

No, it's because after moving things around, I forgot to put the second asterisk in font of the parenthesis at the end of that paragraph.

AH! I get it! Like a furry footnote.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: