Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ponch85

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:04:33 AM

then you will not lose coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:07:50 AM

No, you won't. But the project will very much be over imho.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:09:44 AM

I am very glad my coins will remain intact.

Someone spent some coin.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
ponch85

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:11:22 AM

is this normal?

ponch85

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:13:28 AM

if the problem is from the block 7000-8000 because this pool is working on those blocks?
platorin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:14:37 AM

if the problem is from the block 7000-8000 because this pool is working on those blocks?
Not the pool, the network.
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:19:42 AM

Miners who are mining right now (or traders buying right now) are basically like IPO investors. You're like the guys who came in early and picked up the placer gold on the riverbeds.

Assuming this is actual gold, and not fools gold.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
johnies

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:19:53 AM

Yes it will / is. That's why I think the devs should reconsider and return to block 6999. If someone buys millions of WATER-coins with a BTC right now then he definitely knows there is a bug going on and he is only taking advantage of the situation. He should also know that in these cases there is a very high risk of losing it all. So instead of trying to save some guys pennies the devs should try to save the Clear Water Coin. Beside, con artists say that only dishonest men can be cheated. I very much believe the saying covers this situation right now.

ponch85

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

you could delete all the coins from the block 6999?  what is the reward exactly?
platorin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:25:21 AM

I agree with you. I am not an IT guys, but I guess they could shut down all the nodes, release a new client with reversed blockchain, new nodes and reforked to 7000 block. If the argument against it is 60% of people will have to accept the change, then I am pretty sure all the Clean Water Coin supporters will do that and we will operate on the right fork, while the second one with 450.000.000 coins (1/2 cap value) will die eventually.

Honestly, if they fork at 8000 leaving all those mined coins, I'm out. This is the worst thing they could do for CWC.
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:26:06 AM

COIN DEAD Angry
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:29:15 AM

Yes it will / is. That's why I think the devs should reconsider and return to block 6999. If someone buys millions of WATER-coins with a BTC right now then he definitely knows there is a bug going on and he is only taking advantage of the situation. He should also know that in these cases there is a very high risk of losing it all. So instead of trying to save some guys pennies the devs should try to save the Clear Water Coin. Beside, con artists say that only dishonest men can be cheated. I very much believe the saying covers this situation right now.

What situation? There's a price in which people are willing to sell and to buy. Why it should be took away from them? If someone is buying WATER for his 3BTC, because people ARE SELLING THEM that cheap themself, why it should be looked like taking advantage? Then why people are not taking THIS advantage and NOT selling so cheap, m? It's sellers fault not buyers.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
ponch85

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

something moves on bittrex
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:35:14 AM

The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

With a max total of a billion coins, and entry points this low, there will be huge room for growth in price, as the alt-coin market is growing exponentially and they have not started their media campaign.

Basically, this coin just flash forwarded, and only the people investing and mining now will get the bottom floor prices, then it will go up. It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right? So why not buy them while they are available and keep hitting the vote button on Mintpal. Dev team keep up PR and marketing alongside charity campaign.

This has already happened in various ways amongst other coins.

The other suggestion I saw that made sense, if we were to Re-launch instead of hard-fork, was to set a pre-mine with the new coin aside to re-compensate early investors. Increase total coins by X amount to compensate for pre-mine allocations, and start over again.

When coins give you lemons.....

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:36:36 AM

Wallet updated

MineP.it WATER Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://water.minep.it:3349 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
johnies

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:37:30 AM

What situation? There's a price in which people are willing to sell and to buy. Why it should be took away from them? If someone is buying WATER for his 3BTC, because people ARE SELLING THEM that cheap themself, why it should be looked like taking advantage? Then why people are not taking THIS advantage and NOT selling so cheap, m? It's sellers fault not buyers.

The situation when everyone sees that there is a bug in the system and it need to be repaired. There are two kind of people. First, the ones who take responsibility and say that ok, I mined 100k coins, but I can give them away because the coin dies if we all sell these coins. Second, the ones who take advantage of the situation, sell their coins when they got something for them or the ones who buy huge amount of cheap coins and then whine that it's unfair to delete the coins because they paid for them. And no, I don't think anyone thinks the number two type is clever, they are greedy and opportunistic.

johnies

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:39:30 AM

The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right?

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
platorin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:46:42 AM

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
True. Everyone saying this situation might bring us some good in a future has absolutley no idea what 450 mil coins put into circulation in just ONE DAY mean for the coin, project, economy and the people who support it. There is a clear difference between steady grow and big inflation with shitload of worthless coins.

The only solution is to fork at 7000 and reverse a blockchain. I'd rather loose some pissed of miners who mined millions of coins during those 24 hours period, then people who have been with CWC from the begining.

I personally won't support it if blocks between 7000-8000 become valid. I just don't see the point and future for CWC then.
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:54:18 AM

True. Everyone saying this situation might bring us some good in a future has absolutley no idea what 450 mil coins put into circulation in just ONE DAY mean for the coin, project, economy and the people who support it. There is a clear difference between steady grow and big inflation with shitload of worthless coins.

The only solution is to fork at 7000 and reverse a blockchain. I'd rather loose some pissed of miners who mined millions of coins during those 24 hours period, then people who have been with CWC from the begining.

I personally won't support it if blocks between 7000-8000 become valid. I just don't see the point and future for CWC then.

If you make too many pop-tarts, and you sell a lot of them cheaply to get rid of stock, it is not fair or right to then go hunt down the owners of the pop-tarts you sold and steal them back without giving said owners just compensation for their loss.

This is why I suggested using the re-launch, but with pre-mine set aside to compensate people who bought coins during this whole debacle. They could send the "old" coins to a dev wallet, and upon receipt, the dev could send an equal number of "new" coins to them.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Palaxidon

Activity: 462

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:54:32 AM

COIN DEAD Angry
Its not dead. Just sit and weit... the coin have a potential and its not dead that easy..

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: