Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?  (Read 5101 times)
Akash Crypto (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alik111

Activity: 362
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:38:20 PM

Obviously Crypto will be more valuable than gold in near future because it's already gained a huge popularity and price if we campare with it's beginning price.

Hope you caught my point.
50 Cent

Activity: 519
Merit: 197

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:40:21 PM

i think crypto future is bright.
we all know if now we using digital payment.
and in cypto we will find : fast, transparant, low cost,and no body can corruption it.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 05:54:34 PM

Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?

What do you mean more valuable. Like marketcap?  Coins are worth about $400 billion. Whole gold on the world is worth $10 trillion. So 20 times more.  Yes. Crypto will be more worth then Gold. That will happen before next decade start.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 06:09:43 PM

Obviously Crypto will be more valuable than gold in near future because it's already gained a huge popularity and price if we campare with it's beginning price.

Hope you caught my point.

I wouldn't be so sure about it. You can't say that it will or will not be because nobody can accurately predict these things.

We could say that people will become more intelligent as time goes by because the statistics would indicate that but we could also be wiped out by a pandemic and reduced back to the stone age.
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 06:43:37 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
Value isn't ever decided on the basis of fixed supply or unlimited supply, it is decided on the basis of supply and demand, if supply is high and demand is low then the price will fall and vice versa. So if you have a control over the supply then you can actually decide the prices and also control them, just like what Tether is doing right now.
Yes Crypto is definitely way more valuable than gold, gold is just an investment and you can only store gold and not do anything with it, but with Crypto you can do a lot more things than just storing it so, definitely Crypto is more valuable than gold.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2020, 06:59:30 PM

From my point of view, it all depends on utility of commodities and crypto. At the moment, gold investment I'd way more than crypto. There are people who stlll loves physical handling of the asset than digital.but as you said, cryptocurrencies provides transparency over gold and other commodities. Another side is that cryptocurrencies has attracted so many scammers, whereas later has very less chances of getting scammed.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:11:00 PM

Crypto to be more valuable than gold is possible but highly relative as well. What I meant is, not all crypto will be more valuable than gold, they are very few and it starts from Bitcoin and few other altcoins those team are serious and conscious of the future. While those whose team only cares about quick profit and their pockets won't go far nor even be working in the near future. So having that mindset, one needs to be careful of the projects to invest in, if you are future conscious then stick to trustworthy cryptocurrencies.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:24:00 PM

We all believe crypto will be brighter in the future. But it is also possible that there will still be people who hold gold because its value is preserved. And there will be people who stick to crypto. So everything comes back to the decision of each person. For me, I view crypto as more than gold. Because the benefits can be obtained far greater than gold.

malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 07:44:07 PM

There are 171000 matric tons of gold inside whole world and there are 21000000 total bitcoin. They have some similarities. But gold is commodity and btc us virtual currency. In term of price, btc may win the race. But BTC investment may lead to great degree of financial loss due to its nature. Volatility is a nature of btc. And people are not certain if btc will stay or become obsolete. Uncertainty   is preventing mass people to adopt btc. May be btc will not surpass gold in terms of price. They will stay together
dondonk

Activity: 588
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 08:47:31 PM

Crypto currencies are more valuable than gold. fantastic prices then do not require a large space for storage to be the advantage of crypto. We are not worried about storing Bitcoin compared to storing gold in our homes.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:13:31 PM

Let's see how big is gold right now, 18 trillion global market cap and counting, while all of crypto is around  $374 billion, so you do the math. However, crypto has so many advantages over gold that some traditional investors are already moving some of their funds to crypto, specially bitcoin. Fixed and transparent but limited supply, which makes the price goes higher as time goes by.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:29:20 PM

It depends on how will you look and compare them, if you compare 1bitcoin to 1gold bar then you'll see that gold is valuable than bitcoin. 1gold bar can be priced at $500,000 to $600,000 while bitcoin is so far from reaching that price mark. But the question is, will people be willing to commit with bitcoin rather than gold? the answer for now is no, still people will value gold as it has been there for ages to store wealth besides it is not just a believed in asset, its rarity has intrinsic value unlike bitcoin. Tangible appreciation will obviously prevail, and will for a very long time.

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:34:07 PM

If I check bitcoin still remain most profitable asset in this decade, even in the shortest of time. I see the demand increase and scarcity increase, which will definitely improve the price, for a limited asset coin that the accessible quantity is not known the available coin from mining maybe the  circulating amount for the present market. I saw the price of bitcoin grow above gold in my 4 years and has never come that low in the even in bear market

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:34:43 PM

crypto today when viewed from any side is more valuable than gold. because as we know that crypto is easy to get high prices if the market is good, in contrast to gold it will be difficult to get high prices because it has to go through a moment.
so crypto will still be more valuable than gold
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:37:57 PM

Well, with all of you have mentioned, bitcoin for me has the potential to become the most valuable cryptocurrency than gold.
But the fact is, --we cant differentiate them because they are both useful and have a different function which is not comparable. Bitcoin is good for payment systems and saving assets while gold is purely saving physical assets. I think we are almost there that bitcoin price will surge in the market and become like gold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 09:50:53 PM

I'll not go into comparison with crypto and gold for its value. They are both valuable and they have their own classification.

Bitcoin being told as the digital gold is like the term for being like the new modern gold. But, if you think that there's a need for it to be compared, scarcity will make bitcoin more valuable than gold in the future.

Both as stored of value but as a bitcoin holders, I'll say that it'll be more.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 10:02:20 PM

The question is "can?".....  yes, I believe it can be valuable than gold or even more valuable than gold.

However, I don't think it could happen so soon, massive adoption has to take place first then everything will follow as with market security people will be willing to hold in the long run and it will become a good store of value for us investors and big investors would certainly take that opportunity.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2020, 10:22:50 PM

For me, most of our opinions about this are kinda more on speculation only.
We still don't know what is the future of Gold or Cryptocurrency, that's why we are here talking about these.
But speaking of the value of these two, Gold is already far with cryptocurrency and I am amazed with Gold since the volatility of it is kinda small compared to cryptocurrency.
We are still far, especially the market cap of cryptocurrency compared to GOLD. But there are lot of possibilities that cryptocurrency can be more valuable than gold.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 10:24:11 PM

Sure, Infact currently cryptocurrency is more valuable than gold, with the way new project keeps surfacing everyday, it is sure very soon cryptocurrency will be much more valuable than gold.

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: